Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 129 130 131
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-07 19:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
cognitive dissonance
I don't think this means what you think it means, but hey if it makes you sound smart by all means.
By Zerowone 2020-05-07 20:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The measures we are currently taking are obviously the best course of action. Opening up stores and not wearing masks, ideally while also brandishing automatic weapons, is going to show the virus (and the libs) that we aren't scared of it. Once the virus realizes our iron American will it will just move on to some country that isn't so tough!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-07 20:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Catching the 'rona and dying is NOT a way to own the libs.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-07 21:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Catching the 'rona and dying is NOT a way to own the libs.

Or...is it?
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-07 22:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
The measures we are currently taking are obviously the best course of action. Opening up stores and not wearing masks, ideally while also brandishing automatic weapons, is going to show the virus (and the libs) that we aren't scared of it. Once the virus realizes our iron American will it will just move on to some country that isn't so tough!

Worry about your own *** up country.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 22:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-07 22:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What if Opioids are a vaccine for Covid-19?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-07 22:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

Michigan (and the rest of the midwest) would have literally zero cases.

(you need to be high to choose to live here)((or desperate))
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-08 01:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Also, different places should have different rules. You can't lock down a small rural town because New York is having a huge problem.

Then pray tell what anyone is supposed to interpret from this?

One, you clearly dont understand the situation at all, just from this statement.

Two, this is a talking point parroted by fox news, and has repeatedly been debunked. Yes, new york having an issue means rural areas NEED to shut down as well, because it doesnt stay in new york. Every state has cases, and not doing anything will cause it to explode, as we are currently seeing as those self same rural states you said should be treated differently did nothing, and are about to pay the price for their non actions.

There is no way to take this given the context as anything other than you wanting to reopen things and send people out to spread disease because you just physically do not understand the situation.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-08 03:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »

Michigan (and the rest of the midwest) would have literally zero cases.

(you need to be high to choose to live here)((or desperate))

Don’t forget the New England area.

Valefor.Commodus said: »
Zerowone said: »

Worry about your own *** up country.

You should probably worry about not being able to detect when an American is making a joke about other Americans.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-08 04:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

"Sometimes the prison of fear is so powerful there's no need to lock the cell doors. Your fear creates a willingness to self-imprison"
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-08 07:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Also, different places should have different rules. You can't lock down a small rural town because New York is having a huge problem.

One, you clearly dont understand the situation at all, just from this statement.

Two, this is a talking point parroted by fox news, and has repeatedly been debunked. Yes, new york having an issue means rural areas NEED to shut down as well, because it doesnt stay in new york. Every state has cases, and not doing anything will cause it to explode, as we are currently seeing as those self same rural states you said should be treated differently did nothing, and are about to pay the price for their non actions.

There is no way to take this given the context as anything other than you wanting to reopen things and send people out to spread disease because you just physically do not understand the situation.
Forget it. You just want to argue. I asked you for links to your sources on how HQC works because I was trying to understand your side. But you don't want to understand or be understood. You just want to argue. Have a nice life. Stay in your apartment and never leave, not even for food. You'll be safe forever. I promise I won't leave my home either. Pinky swear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2020-05-08 07:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 109 eh.
I'm still gonna answer the OP!

I've learned things about myself.
Even as an introvert my social batteries can become so full idk what to do with myself.
I had no idea I was borderline addicted to working out, closed gyms are really tearing me up.
Working from home used to be a dream I no longer have, sure it's nice to work from the comfort of home, but maaaan is it boring to be alone all day every day, I really miss my office.
I had no idea how much money I spend on ***food and beer, staying at home all the time is so incredicly cheap.

There's still no zombies out in the wild, and the state of the outside world seems less like a fallout-game than I'd imagine.
To be honest Trondheim seems more empty than normal, but at the same time everything feels pretty natural at this point.

After 2 months of "lockdown" we have started to open up things again and it seems like by the mid of June we'll be more or less back to normal.

I guess the question is: have I turned into Gollum?
How will we react to the sun?
Will we have to separate days other than "weekend" and "workday" again?
Will I ever be able to wake up before 7AM again now that I've been waking up at 8AM every day for 2 months?

Only time will tell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-08 07:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget it. You just want to argue. I asked you for links to your sources on how HQC works because I was trying to understand your side. But you don't want to understand or be understood. You just want to argue. Have a nice life. Stay in your apartment and never leave, not even for food. You'll be safe forever. I promise I won't leave my home either. Pinky swear.

Going out for food is a necessary function. I have food that can last for months, so i personally dont need to leave. Everyone else i know and talk to has shifted to keeping a 2-3 week supply minimum to avoid going out often. No one is saying "dont go out for necessary functions", theyre saying dont go out unless you physically need to.

And again... thats literally how that drug works. Its an immune suppressant. If you think it does something different, burden of proof is on you.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-08 08:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And like clockwork, he responded to you with more arguing lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-05-08 08:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the lefties still arguing it's the end of the world, unless we give them all our money and power?

Hasn't that been their shtick for the past half century or so?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-08 09:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-08 09:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Going out for food is a necessary function. I have food that can last for months, so i personally dont need to leave. Everyone else i know and talk to has shifted to keeping a 2-3 week supply minimum to avoid going out often. No one is saying "dont go out for necessary functions", theyre saying dont go out unless you physically need to.

And again... thats literally how that drug works. Its an immune suppressant. If you think it does something different, burden of proof is on you.

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Is_a_combo_of_chloroquine_and_Zinc_a_cure_for_coronavirus

Quote:
Recent studies from Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, and Qingdao Municipal Hospital identified that Chloroquine phosphate, [..] is shown to be effective against COVID-19. Basically, Chloroquine phosphate increases the endosomal pH and interfere with terminal glycosylation due to which the virus cannot survive.
Several studies have reported that zinc has a broad-spectrum antiviral activity against a variety of viruses. Increased intracellular Zinc concentrations inhibit RNA-dependent RNA polymerases and other proteins essential for the completion of different phases of the virus life cycle. Further, zinc also helps to maintain robust immune responses by producing cytokine and by modulation of immune cell activity. Both the drugs are FDA approved and are readily available.
So here's some info I found. It does work for cytokine storms, but it also changes pH with inhibits the disease's ability to survive. And it mentions that the treatment works well with zinc because zinc blocks the disease's RNA from reproducing.

And stop with this "burden of proof" BS. I'm not arguing with you anymore. I want to understand your view. So either show me your information or admit you don't have sources.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-08 10:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Is_a_combo_of_chloroquine_and_Zinc_a_cure_for_coronavirus

Quote:
Recent studies from Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, and Qingdao Municipal Hospital identified that Chloroquine phosphate, [..] is shown to be effective against COVID-19. Basically, Chloroquine phosphate increases the endosomal pH and interfere with terminal glycosylation due to which the virus cannot survive.
Several studies have reported that zinc has a broad-spectrum antiviral activity against a variety of viruses. Increased intracellular Zinc concentrations inhibit RNA-dependent RNA polymerases and other proteins essential for the completion of different phases of the virus life cycle. Further, zinc also helps to maintain robust immune responses by producing cytokine and by modulation of immune cell activity. Both the drugs are FDA approved and are readily available.
So here's some info I found. It does work for cytokine storms, but it also changes pH with inhibits the disease's ability to survive. And it mentions that the treatment works well with zinc because zinc blocks the disease's RNA from reproducing.

And stop with this "burden of proof" BS. I'm not arguing with you anymore. I want to understand your view. So either show me your information or admit you don't have sources.

So at best have preliminary studies and conjectures, but no concrete proof or evidence that it is actually effective. In other words, no current treatment or cure. And there likely wont be one for a while, as further testing has been inconclusive at best.

https://zenodo.org/record/3739134#.XrV9rGhKhEa

The wuhan trial was not enough, and had enough flaws in it that it requires continued testing. This is why case studies are later peer reviewed and analyzed.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-08 10:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Are the lefties still arguing it's the end of the world, unless we give them all our money and power?

Hasn't that been their shtick for the past half century or so?

Idk... while obama did continue to invade privacy rights and all, bush was the one who pushed forward the patriot act. Cant exactly blame the left on that one.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-08 11:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

@Bismarck.Nyaarun
You're unnecessarily aggressive. Trying to have a discussion with you is worse than hearing nails scratching a chalkboard. You love your precious tribe so much you act like you're foaming at the mouth if someone steps even slightly outside your narrative.
You literally proved this when I said different places don't need the same level of lockdown and you replied that means I want everything to reopen. You're 100% in a cult and don't know about it. So I'm not going to talk to you anymore because I don't want to catch your disease.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-08 11:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

..... Yes, everywhere needs the same level of lockdown. Anything less is just being stupid and naive, ESPECIALLY now that we are clearly seeing the places that didnt lockdown because "we are spread out enough and not large cities" are reporting massive spikes in covid cases BECAUSE they didnt lockdown. And now that its spreading there, the larger cities cant reopen because it will just spread back.

Its either everyone does it, or its ineffective. There is no buts. There is no half measure. This is basic ***we have known for decades at this point.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-05-08 17:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-08 18:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we shut the whole country down for months after 9/11 or did we add security measures at airports? It’s almost as if the two events aren’t even comparable. “Traumatizing” is hyperbole and makes you look foolish.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-08 18:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No offense man, but making serious rebuttals to light hearted jokes and memes looks foolish as well.

Also, since you addressed the impact "airports" and not the constant bombardment of "We're on code red/orange/yellow" every week for the better part of a decade which is the impact on people's psyche, you totally missed the joke and the point.

tldr: lighten up. maybe even light one up.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-08 19:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
No offense man, but making serious rebuttals to light hearted jokes and memes looks foolish as well.

Also, since you addressed the impact "airports" and not the constant bombardment of "We're on code red/orange/yellow" every week for the better part of a decade which is the impact on people's psyche, you totally missed the joke and the point.

tldr: lighten up. maybe even light one up.

I totally forgot that was a thing. I guess it ended in 2011. Now we're just always supposed to be anxious and paranoid.

[+]
 Asura.Emiliatan
user: Soraishin
By Asura.Emiliatan 2020-05-08 19:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just out of curiosity, the ones preaching lockdown and collect gibs, you guys dont happen to be white liberals are you?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-08 19:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-08 19:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Emiliatan said: »
Just out of curiosity, the ones preaching lockdown and collect gibs, you guys dont happen to be white liberals are you?

Nah man white corporatist.

Gimme all that trillion dollar bailout gibs.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-05-08 19:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Commodus said: »
or did we add security measures at airports?
We added pure fascism policies at airports that are draconian and ineffective.

Don't make people laugh.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 129 130 131