Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 129 130 131
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 21:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
You can't lock down a small rural town because New York is having a huge problem

Yes, you can, and you should. Rural towns are now THE epicenter of the virus BECAUSE they didnt shut down and said its a big city problem.
proof?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

You can click the hotspots tab, and below that it has a list of places where the virus is increasing.

Current rapid increase areas include missouri, ohio, georgia, idaho, maryland, texas, virginia, tennessee, etc., where as cases decreasing are the city states that had the initial hit and started taking action.

Rural states are seeing the largest spike in the virus currently because they were *NEVER* immune. New york, MA, etc saw the first wave because they are the world hubs of commerce and travel. That doesnt mean its not going to spread, this ***is already in every single state.
But you realize I said everywhere needs a case by case decision, right? Why do city people have to insist that everyone has to do the same thing you're doing? Also, are you also saying cities need to remain locked down even after you're all better if rural areas are still having an increase? Because if cities reopen while the country is closed, that would be an awful lot like different areas having different NPI's.

Its not a "Case by case decision". There is ONE decision, and that is to shut down. Not shutting down means you get hit and get hit hard, and you delay reopening for every single state that shut down, because guess what? They cant reopen until other states get their ***together as well, else they risk having it get spread back to them.

Its not rocket science or complicated. A rolling shutdown does not work. Either everyone does it, or its not effective.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 22:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not a "Case by case decision". There is ONE decision, and that is to shut down. Not shutting down means you get hit and get hit hard, and you delay reopening for every single state that shut down, because guess what? They cant reopen until other states get their ***together as well, else they risk having it get spread back to them.

Its not rocket science or complicated. A rolling shutdown does not work. Either everyone does it, or its not effective.
Shut down for how long? China reopened and they immediately started another wave. Everyone just stays home until we all die of starvation? No thanks. Come up with a better plan.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-05-06 22:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny part is if the Republicans had been the ones pushing to keep the country shut down, the Dems would be calling them racists for not promoting ethnic diversity.

Don't worry, it doesn't need to make sense.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 22:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut down for how long? China reopened and they immediately started another wave. Everyone just stays home until we all die of starvation? No thanks. Come up with a better plan.

Youre not going to die of starvation because non essential workers are staying at home/working from home. If it really gets to be apocalyptic scenarios, we have emergency rations that will last us. This ***is all planned out and prepared for.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 22:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Funny part is if the Republicans had been the ones pushing to keep the country shut down, the Dems would be calling them racists for not promoting ethnic diversity.

Don't worry, it doesn't need to make sense.

A lot of republican governors are pushing to keep their states shut down. Some are drinking the trump koolaid, but it was either missouri or mississippi whos governor cancelled reopening because they saw a massive spike in cases, and said theyll ramp up testing. Other than the few spouting the trump talking points, a lot of the repub govs arent being too stupid. MA has a republican governor, and we are still under stay at home orders, and they were extended.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 22:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Youre not going to die of starvation because non essential workers are staying at home/working from home. If it really gets to be apocalyptic scenarios, we have emergency rations that will last us. This ***is all planned out and prepared for.
I never said everyone has to go back to work. I never said non-essential people need to go back to work. I literally gave bars and hair salons as examples of places that need to stay closed. What's wrong with you? Why are you talking about non-essentials here?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 22:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said everyone has to go back to work. I never said non-essential people need to go back to work. I literally gave bars and hair salons as examples of places that need to stay closed. What's wrong with you? Why are you talking about non-essentials here?

Because otherwise your statements make no sense. No one is arguing essential services need to shut down. People are saying essential services need to be reorganized because how they are set up currently cannot function. Youre not going to starve. You arent going to run out of food. Shits fine. Grocery stores will still get their supplies, you just wont be able to go to red robbin for a burger. Because theyre closed.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 22:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Because otherwise your statements make no sense. No one is arguing essential services need to shut down. People are saying essential services need to be reorganized because how they are set up currently cannot function. Youre not going to starve. You arent going to run out of food. Shits fine. Grocery stores will still get their supplies, you just wont be able to go to red robbin for a burger. Because theyre closed.
Just go read what I said 1 page ago. You're arguing against me for things you just assume I said. This is why partisan people suck.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 22:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go read what I said 1 page ago. You're arguing against me for things you just assume I said. This is why partisan people suck.

Because if it is true that you believe most should be staying at home, that goes against most of what youre saying. Thats what a shut down is. And your statements about the food networks and how they work were just false. Your statements about states should decide for themselves if they should shut down is false. Your statements on rural areas are fine atm is false.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 22:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to bed, you're drunk.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 22:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to bed, you're drunk.

You said we have a supply problem and that we are at risk of running out of meat. We are not, that was false. We have a distribution problem which is easily solved if it becomes an issue for this pandemic, and most of the supply is being culled because demand is heavily down, as restaurants arent buying as many resources.

You said states should decide for themselves if they shut down, which is false. The only option is to shut down, if they dont, they are hurting themselves AND others, as it extends lockdown for everyone.

You said rural states are fine right now. Theyre not, theyre the current epicenters for the virus, seeing the largest increase in cases as they lack resources to deal with it and didnt shut down.
By Viciouss 2020-05-06 22:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact is we are seeing a spike in case totals in the Midwest, starting a few weeks ago. The farmlands. The numbers are going up. So its not really accurate to say the rural areas are "doing fine." No state has met the criteria the WH and CDC laid out to reopen their economies, thus no one is "doing fine."
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 23:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to bed, you're drunk.

You said we have a supply problem and that we are at risk of running out of meat. We are not, that was false. We have a distribution problem which is easily solved if it becomes an issue for this pandemic, and most of the supply is being culled because demand is heavily down, as restaurants arent buying as many resources.

You said states should decide for themselves if they shut down, which is false. The only option is to shut down, if they dont, they are hurting themselves AND others, as it extends lockdown for everyone.

You said rural states are fine right now. Theyre not, theyre the current epicenters for the virus, seeing the largest increase in cases as they lack resources to deal with it and didnt shut down.
I never said Supply problem. I said Supply Chain. I stopped reading after that. You don't know things. Not worth talking to.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-07 02:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We had far worse viruses in the past and nobody cared to the level of this, can you imagine if aids or ebola outbreaks happened in modern times? Social media has turned the world into frightened babies.

I fear for what the future brings, I really do.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-07 03:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
We had far worse viruses in the past and nobody cared to the level of this, can you imagine if aids or ebola outbreaks happened in modern times? Social media has turned the world into frightened babies.

I fear for what the future brings, I really do.

Aids can only transmit through bodily fluids. Ebola is near impossible to actually transmit and cannot transmit unless you are symptomatic. Both were still heavily and immediately responded to once found out. Or do you not remember the massive global response once ebola broke out a few years back?

Theres a difference between something that is a pandemic, and something that is not.

Lack of proper knowledge and quarantining is what made the 1918 pandemic so deadly. We dont want a second 1918 pandemic with millions of deaths, and we actually have the viral/bacterial knowledge to prevent it. So maybe listen to people when they say "This ***is serious".
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-07 03:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Commodus said: »
Something something good faith something something personal attack something something I'm totally not hyper-partisan something something
Checks out.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-07 06:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We live in baby world now, everything will be like this. We used to understand risk vs benefit, this calculation no longer exists.
 Asura.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Asura.Soraishin 2020-05-07 06:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out this made up virus gave me time to play vidya again, now i'm back on FFXI buying up all the beitetsu
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-07 07:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, I'm sick of this. My whole life, I never thought far-left people would be just as terrible as far-right people.

So if anyone here is rational and intelligent, all I can tell you if please get ready. These insane psychos vastly outnumber the normal people. They think they want something because the news told them to think that. Once it all goes to hell, they will have buyer's remorse and take it out on everyone around them.

So plant a garden. As much as you can. If your space is limited, get pots and do your best. Buy some hardware, power, and hand tools. Get some lumber, some plumbing supplies, nails, and screws. Get some sewing machines, fabric, thread, and buttons. And get some form of home security, like flashlights and window bars.

Don't be a prepper or a hoarder. I'm not telling you to buy an entire warehouse of stuff. Just get some of these things so you have them if you need them.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-07 07:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We live in baby world now, everything will be like this. We used to understand risk vs benefit, this calculation no longer exists.

Risk versus benefit here is pretty clear cut. Going out without reason will cause it to spread which can skyrocket severe illnesses and death exponentially. With no action, the death toll in the US alone was projected to run into the millions. One million+ americans dead with no action. And thats a low end number.

We still dont even know what the long term effects of the disease is yet. Even asymptomatic people are being reported to have reduced lung capacity currently, so even if you dont die, there are still potential ramifications to contracting this.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 08:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, I'm sick of this. My whole life, I never thought far-left people would be just as terrible as far-right people.

So if anyone here is rational and intelligent, all I can tell you if please get ready. These insane psychos vastly outnumber the normal people. They think they want something because the news told them to think that. Once it all goes to hell, they will have buyer's remorse and take it out on everyone around them.

So plant a garden. As much as you can. If your space is limited, get pots and do your best. Buy some hardware, power, and hand tools. Get some lumber, some plumbing supplies, nails, and screws. Get some sewing machines, fabric, thread, and buttons. And get some form of home security, like flashlights and window bars.

Don't be a prepper or a hoarder. I'm not telling you to buy an entire warehouse of stuff. Just get some of these things so you have them if you need them.

Luckily Boomer Culture(blindly following media owned by small hats) is declining rapidly and people under 60 years old generally do not trust anything on t.v.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 08:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Risk versus benefit here is pretty clear cut. Going out without reason will cause it to spread which can skyrocket severe illnesses and death exponentially. With no action, the death toll in the US alone was projected to run into the millions. One million+ americans dead with no action. And thats a low end number.

We still dont even know what the long term effects of the disease is yet. Even asymptomatic people are being reported to have reduced lung capacity currently, so even if you dont die, there are still potential ramifications to contracting this.

To be fair there is no skyrocketing deaths or none of that nonsense, in fact strangely in 2020 almost ALL pneumonia/flu deaths in the U.S. have dropped to 0 since February and same with heart related deaths lol, it doesn't take 200IQ to realize they're lying about cause of death on all the paperwork to keep the hoax alive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-07 08:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

To be fair there is no skyrocketing deaths or none of that nonsense, in fact strangely in 2020 almost ALL pneumonia/flu deaths in the U.S. have dropped to 0 since February and same with heart related deaths lol, it doesn't take 200IQ to realize they're lying about cause of death on all the paperwork to keep the hoax alive.

Riiiight. Theres no skyrocketing deaths in the US currently BECAUSE there was a (late as ***) response, thus hospitals only almost got overwhelmed. Once hospitals get overwhelmed, it skyrockets from there. Not only do people who have covid start dying in droves,people who need urgent care for *anything* start dying rapidly, as you have no more resources. Theres a reason some countries who did not respond at all reported a 10+% fatality rate at the start. We arent even mid way through this yet.

We still have 75k deaths WITH a rolling shut down and shelter in place orders. We will likely end up with 100-200k deaths or more if the trend continues, WITH a response. Its not hard to see 1m+ without any response.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 08:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Riiiight. Theres no skyrocketing deaths in the US currently BECAUSE there was a (late as ***) response, thus hospitals only almost got overwhelmed. Once hospitals get overwhelmed, it skyrockets from there. Not only do people who have covid start dying in droves,people who need urgent care for *anything* start dying rapidly, as you have no more resources. Theres a reason some countries who did not respond at all reported a 10+% fatality rate at the start. We arent even mid way through this yet.

We still have 75k deaths WITH a rolling shut down and shelter in place orders. We will likely end up with 100-200k deaths or more if the trend continues, WITH a response. Its not hard to see 1m+ without any response.

Sadly no those are more talking points from small hat media, the response didn't matter at all because Sweden didn't lockdown at all and didn't have a high death count until lol the media claimed they did but the doctors are like huh? I don't know what to tell you other than the truth, the facts on the ground are not the same as the media's talking points and false stats being ordered in hospitals. Millions of people dying in America of covid has been debunked already, its not real man. It's like saying Man shot in the head 33 times dies of Covid19, order a pandemic lol

Important Edit: Did you guys forget that multiple people with cameras filming went to over 30 hospitals in New York literally as the media claimed bodies were piling up in the hallways but yet 30 hospitals including the ones claimed by the media were empty or business as usual lol. Like seriously we can't even make this stuff up
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-07 08:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly no those are more talking points from small hat media, the response didn't matter at all because Sweden didn't lockdown at all and didn't have a high death count until lol the media claimed they did but the doctors are like huh? I don't know what to tell you other than the truth, the facts on the ground are not the same as the media's talking points and false stats being ordered in hospitals. Millions of people dying in America of covid has been debunked already, its not real man. It's like saying Man shot in the head 33 times dies of Covid19, order a pandemic lol

Sweden is at 3k deaths... countries around sweden only have death counts in the hundreds.... Yeah, they have a very high death count compared to their population.

Not to mention they have a robust care network and everyone is guaranteed healthcare. The US medical industry is trash in comparison unless you have money.

No, hospitals werent empty or "business as usual". People with covid are quarantined. You arent going to just walk in to a hospital and easily find them. Generally, doctors handle things properly and isolate diseases the best they can.

What you cant make up is how utterly stupid your posts are.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-07 08:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone was driving around earlier with a loudspeaker telling us to stay indoors, terminator t800s and hunter killers soon.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 08:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweden is at 3k deaths... countries around sweden only have death counts in the hundreds.... Yeah, they have a very high death count compared to their population.

Not to mention they have a robust care network and everyone is guaranteed healthcare. The US medical industry is trash in comparison unless you have money.

No, hospitals werent empty or "business as usual". People with covid are quarantined. You arent going to just walk in to a hospital and easily find them. Generally, doctors handle things properly and isolate diseases the best they can.

What you cant make up is how utterly stupid your posts are.

Lets agree to disagree, for your actual health i recommend turning off CNN and Fox News once in a while tho old timer
By RadialArcana 2020-05-07 08:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They should ban mcdonalds, they kill more people tbh. Honestly, they probably will soon the way this is going lmao
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-07 08:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

your actual health i recommend turning off CNN and Fox News once in a

Given i watch neither of those, nor get information from television news, i think im good.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here, debunking your "hospitals are empty" conspiracy bs.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 129 130 131