Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 129 130 131
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 20:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminder both of you are arguing with another person who won't be swayed, since you're both too stubborn to come to a compromise.

Ffs, drop it.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-01 20:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 20:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

101 pages is nowhere near a record!
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 20:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't always post hot topics, but when I do, it's about corona.
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 20:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how many pages we lost when the two British trolls deleted all of their posts..
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 20:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
2020 isn't over yet, and neither is dah corona.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-01 20:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You could go full "the martian" and have sustainable potatoes in a couple days

But really you could have veggies up and running in a month, plenty of time.
I built 6 raised beds last week. Planted my potatoes today. Will plant my beans tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll have 100 lbs of potatoes in 90-100 days.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 20:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Commodus said: »
I already pointed out that you made up your story about factory workers being immune to the virus because you believe, based on zero evidence, that having the virus once makes you completely immune to it. You have posted zero sources backing that up, because there aren't any. The one article you posted didn't even come close to backing it up. It clearly stated there wasn't enough information to back up your made up story. Its on you to prove your ridiculous claim correct.

That article, and plenty of others, cite evidence and expert opinion that it’s highly unlikely that individuals with normal immune systems can re-contract the same strain. If this one case is somehow different from others and people with healthy immune systems can contract the same strain endless times, then it’s your responsibility to provide proof of that before freaking people out. What you’re doing is appealing to ignorance. You’re saying that we don’t know 100% for sure, so despite historical evidence to the contrary, your hypothesis must be correct. It’s a logical fallacy.

If people with healthy immune systems can contract it endlessly, and no vaccine is ever found, how long would you personally keep everything shut down? Just like the last time we went round and round, you never, ever answer any questions. You deflect and divert attention and refuse to have a good faith argument. I think I’ve asked you 4 or 5 simple questions now and you haven’t answered one, despite me directly responding to all of yours. It’s childish.

Your accusations are amusing, but you don't get to play the victim card when you have still posted no evidence backing up any of your claims. I'm not deflecting anything, I'm simply ignoring your "hypothetical situations" because they aren't relevant. I know how the "question game" works, and I'm not playing it. Its on you to prove your assertion.

Reminder: Still waiting on you to post a source that backs up your claim that contracting covid-19 makes you immune to contracting it again, thus making it completely safe to work in an environment where it exists. Drag it out as long as you want, it doesn't matter to me.

You’re trying to force the proving of a negative and it doesn’t work that way. Watch: “5G causes coronavirus. Prove that it doesn’t.” That’s exactly what you’re doing. There’s no evidence that 5G causes coronavirus, but it also cannot be 100% proven that it doesn’t. It’s a hypothesis that hasn’t been proved or disproved.

I’m citing expert opinion that says that, based on historical evidence and what they’ve seen with cases so far, it’s highly unlikely that people with normal immune systems can re-contract the same strain. You’re claiming that there are “thousands(!!!)” of cases of people DEFINITELY re-contracting the same strain. If this is true then it should be easy for you to provide one source that backs this claim up. The fact that you won’t (can’t) suggests that you’re full of ***and lying to try to scare people.

And you still haven’t answered a single basic question posed to you. Gradeschool tactics for gradeschool brainlets.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 20:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You’re trying to force the proving of a negative and it doesn’t work that way.

lol, no I'm not. I'm challenging you to back up your assertion. You haven't because you can't, so you resort to attacking me with nothing. Every post that goes by is another post where you can't prove your assertion. Like I said, take as long as you want, it makes no difference to me at all. Your namecalling has gotten you nowhere, you are still at the starting line. You aren't citing expert opinion, historical evidence, your questions are just an attempt to change your narrative because you need an exit ramp. I'm not giving you one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 20:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You’re trying to force the proving of a negative and it doesn’t work that way.

lol, no I'm not. I'm challenging you to back up your assertion. You haven't because you can't, so you resort to attacking me with nothing. Every post that goes by is another post where you can't prove your assertion. Like I said, take as long as you want, it makes no difference to me at all. Your namecalling has gotten you nowhere, you are still at the starting line. You aren't citing expert opinion, historical evidence, your questions are just an attempt to change your narrative because you need an exit ramp. I'm not giving you one.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-01 21:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it is for this year. That is what I had meant. Oh well. It wasn't to be taken that serious anyway.

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
If all goes well, I'll have 100 lbs of potatoes in 90-100 days.

100 lbs of potatoes sounds like the kind of Irish girl I'd like to meet.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 21:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

I believe it is for this year. That is what I had meant. Oh well. It wasn't to be taken that serious anyway.

It might be, I honestly don't know lol. This thread has seen a lot of deletions as well, so it probably is.
By Jetackuu 2020-05-01 21:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how many pages we lost when the two British trolls deleted all of their posts..
You don't lose pages when the posts are deleted, oh and you can totes prove a negative.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 21:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
You don't lose pages when the posts are deleted, oh and you can totes prove a negative.

I didn’t say you can’t, I said it doesn’t work that way [in this instance] and provided a simple example for him to try to understand. He’s made a claim based on no evidence and cannot provide any. He heard it from his mom and is trying to pawn it off as fact. He’s being dishonest (lying).
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 21:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

He’s made a claim based on no evidence and cannot provide any. He heard it from his mom and is trying to pawn it off as fact. He’s being dishonest (lying).

Lol, this is an amazing description to your original bogus claim. Well done! Thanks for making so easy for me. Keep swinging tho.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 21:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

He’s made a claim based on no evidence and cannot provide any. He heard it from his mom and is trying to pawn it off as fact. He’s being dishonest (lying).

Lol, this is an amazing description to your original bogus claim. Well done! Thanks for making so easy for me. Keep swinging tho.

You’re embarrassing yourself. If you’re not lying than just tell the audience where you heard or read that there are thousands of confirmed cases of people being re-infected. Very straightforward.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 21:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I'm not embarrassing myself at all, pretty sure not a single person is amused at any of your desperate personal attacks. Why would I be embarrassed at challenging you to prove your assertions, which you still have not done? Again, not playing your question game. Prove your assertions on your own. I'm not helping you. Go on for as many pages as you want, I don't mind.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 22:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus let me get this straight, Vic is arguing against all of the scientific knowledge that we have about viruses. That a non-mutated strain can reinfect people, which goes against everything that we understand about virus mechanics that we have learned so far. Which btw completely negates the point of vaccinations. Then proceeds to claim, contrary to common knowledge, that this virus is somehow special, and that there are cases that prove it. But the person advocating that what we understand THROUGH COMMON KNOWLEDGE, is wrong?

Seriously that's not how debate works, common knowledge does not have to be proven again to you.

Your wild *** claim does.

Edit: Pro-tip, you don't have to be embarrassed yourself inorder to embarrass yourself, takes a special kind to claim ***like that and then refuse to back it up with evidence. You are embarrassing yourself. You should be even more embarrassed by not realizing that what you are saying is false, and trying to stick to it so very hard.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-05-01 22:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

He’s made a claim based on no evidence
Which was? Not going to backread this dribble.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 22:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

TLDR version is above your post, at least as far as I have come to understand it.
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 22:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I simply stated that there was no evidence that a person cannot get infected with Covid-19 twice, this was in response to a claim that being infected once did in fact, provide a person with immunity to covid. There still is no evidence backing up that claim. Pretty easy.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 22:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Jesus let me get this straight, Vic is arguing against all of the scientific knowledge that we have about viruses. That a non-mutated strain can reinfect people, which goes against everything that we understand about virus mechanics that we have learned so far. Which btw completely negates the point of vaccinations. Then proceeds to claim, contrary to common knowledge, that this virus is somehow special, and that there are cases that prove it. But the person advocating that what we understand THROUGH COMMON KNOWLEDGE, is wrong?

Seriously that's not how debate works, common knowledge does not have to be proven again to you.

Your wild *** claim does.

Edit: Pro-tip, you don't have to be embarrassed yourself inorder to embarrass yourself, takes a special kind to claim ***like that and then refuse to back it up with evidence. You are embarrassing yourself. You should be even more embarrassed by not realizing that what you are saying is false, and trying to stick to it so very hard.

Clearly you dont understand the science yourself.

Yes, you can be reinfected by a virus and be susceptible to it. There are varying levels of "immunity" to something, in which no one is truly immune unless you have some genetic variation with your cells that make the virus cells completely incapable of injecting their dna into your cells (which is why a few people are "immune" to HIV)

Not everything that infects you generates a large enough immune response for you to create long lasting antibodies. And even if something does do so, it doesnt mean it will last for your entire life. Immunity falls off over time, as your body produces less and less of the antibodies for the specific infection over time. Its why booster shots exist.

When we talk about immunity, its generally about how many antibodies are generated and for how long you generate them, on average. Each individual is different, but if you dont produce enough antibodies, you are no longer considered immune. It could take two months. It could take two years. It could take two days.

We have seen people drop immunity after a week or so, and have some cases of possible reinfection. The question is if these people are edge cases or the norm, because if 30-40% of the population does not generate lasting immunity, you are forced to wait for a treatment and/or vaccine.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 22:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

TLDR version is above your post, at least as far as I have come to understand it.

Seems like you whiffed. But thats cool, I corrected it already.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 22:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no help for you. Prove what you are saying or quit talking out of your wanna be verbose ***.

Any source to backup your bull will do.

Edit: just to be clear, we know you are talking out of your *** simply based on the fact that you have no source. Any person on here is not going to take you seriously without one, and if you had one you would have pulled that ace out of your sleeve pages ago, cuz there is nothing sweeter than rubbing it in someone's face when you are right AND HAVE THE MEANS TO PROVE IT.

That's the way the internet works POIDH.
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 22:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no help for you. Prove what you are saying or quit talking out of your wanna be verbose ***.

So wait, I have to provide a source but absknight gets off with his original claim that he didn't back up at all? Nah, pass. I'm content to wait on him to prove his assertion. If you want to step in and carry his water, go for it.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 22:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Now go learn.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 22:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Super cute, a YouTube video, also no he doesn't have to drop a full encyclopedia of virology on the internet to tell people what they already know.

You somehow are privy to a YouTuber that has something new to tell us. Yes you have to provide evidence, no YouTube ain't going to cut it. Let's see some studies, that you obviously are well read about.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 22:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Super cute, a YouTube video, also no he doesn't have to drop a full encyclopedia of virology on the internet to tell people what they already know.

You somehow are privy to a YouTuber that has something new to tell us. Yes you have to provide evidence, no YouTube ain't going to cut it. Let's see some studies, that you obviously are well read about.

Then can it. You were given all the evidence you need. ESPECIALLY since this is a well sourced channel with all the links to the original material in the description. If you bothered to attempt to learn, you would.
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 22:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: just to be clear, we know you are talking out of your *** simply based on the fact that you have no source. Any person on here is not going to take you seriously without one, and if you had one you would have pulled that ace out of your sleeve pages ago, cuz there is nothing sweeter than rubbing it in someone's face when you are right AND HAVE THE MEANS TO PROVE IT.

That's the way the internet works POIDH.

This is pretty amusing because absknight never posted any source to back up his assertion, and I simply stated there was no evidence backing him up, challenging him to post a source, which he never did. Yet all of a sudden, I have to defend the lack of evidence? You seem pretty lost.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 22:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Swear to god, the internet has made people lose their *** minds, you are arguing on a video game forum, about ***that is way above your pay grade, against things that have been studied to death and taught to us in grade school.

Go bury your head in the internet, cuz it's on YouTube it's totes the real truth. Ffs GTFO here with that ***.
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 129 130 131