First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 09:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Permanent records and life-time bans are pretty ridiculous on a video game. (just for "cheating" other things it's reasonable)

On the brightside you can get absolutely everything you lost in like a week, you won't even miss it long.

So you can get 14 Aeonics, 2 Ergons, 5 Relics, and 4 Empys in a week?

Do tell how this is possible, as it seems like pseudoscience.
I don't think it's worth taking any actions that risk being banned for. I love this game, and put a lot of time into it. Using third-party softwares just isn't worth it.

Yes. Outside of the Ergons, which are time-gated, you can buy all of your aeonics/relics/empyreans in a few days. Aeonics can take much longer since you have to do them all one by one and build beads, but the rest you can basically purchase.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-20 09:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

after they banned me from the game.

and when that happened and what was your violation?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 09:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
after they banned me from the game.

and when that happened and what was your violation?

I was referencing my very first bannination. On that first one I really was innocent. Believe it or not.
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-20 09:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone defending SE at this point has a major case of stockholm syndrome or video game addiction.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-02-20 10:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who says this game is the best game out there has some problems and is probably somewhere deep in the spectrum.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-20 10:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Permanent records and life-time bans are pretty ridiculous on a video game. (just for "cheating" other things it's reasonable)

On the brightside you can get absolutely everything you lost in like a week, you won't even miss it long.

So you can get 14 Aeonics, 2 Ergons, 5 Relics, and 4 Empys in a week?

Do tell how this is possible, as it seems like pseudoscience.
I don't think it's worth taking any actions that risk being banned for. I love this game, and put a lot of time into it. Using third-party softwares just isn't worth it.

Yes. Outside of the Ergons, which are time-gated, you can buy all of your aeonics/relics/empyreans in a few days. Aeonics can take much longer since you have to do them all one by one and build beads, but the rest you can basically purchase.

That person must buy gil then. That's the only way I can see someone having enough on a brand new character for all those items.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-20 10:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Banhammer said: »
Anyone defending SE at this point has a major case of stockholm syndrome or video game addiction.

Is there a really a difference when you pay $15 a month for a game with hardly any updates?

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Anyone who says this game is the best game out there has some problems and is probably somewhere deep in the spectrum.

But... it is the best game.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 10:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

/eyeroll

SE is well within their rights to ban people for blatantly cheating in their game. No defense needed.

Their 'content' development cycle on the other hand, indefensible.
[+]
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
Server: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 10:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If the prices on ***were not so *** ridiculous, people wouldn't do the things they do /shrug
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-20 10:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't you just get permabanned again? Like last month or something? Was it for that duping thing?

Shade aside, my real question is: if you're(inf.) banned, why would you(inf.) still be rolling around here?
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-20 10:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
/eyeroll

SE is well within their rights to ban people for blatantly cheating in their game. No defense needed.

Their 'content' development cycle on the other hand, indefensible.

/double eyeroll

SE has no consistency with their enforcement of their TOS whatsoever. Their enforcement ranges from literally no enforcement for years to a random *** lottery system.

So yes, there is a defense needed. It's piss poor management of their product and it sends major conflicting signals to the community.

You're their best shill, Thorny. You low-key work for the community team?

FaeQueenCory said: »
Didn't you just get permabanned again? Like last month or something? Was it for that duping thing?

Shade aside, my real question is: if you're(inf.) banned, why would you(inf.) still be rolling around here?

Not permabanned. Canceled my accounts. Don't you worry about me or what I come here for.
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 10:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
SE has no consistency with their enforcement of their TOS whatsoever. Their enforcement ranges from literally no enforcement for years to a random *** lottery system.

This.

You allow people to do whatever they want for YEARS, then randomly flick a switch to suddenly detect and care? why?
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-20 10:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Tetsuiga said: »
Quote:

This.

You allow people to do whatever they want for YEARS, then randomly flick a switch to suddenly detect and care? why?

Because they were publicly embarrassed with an epic dup now they're trying to save face like the pathetic *** they are.
[+]
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 10:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see the look on the poor sods face that has to report revenue numbers to corporate after this.

"Well we were doing pretty well, then suddenly our numbers significantly, No idea why."

"Shut it down"
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-02-20 10:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see the look on the poor sods face that has to report revenue numbers to corporate after this.

"Well we were doing pretty well, then suddenly our numbers significantly, No idea why."

"Shut it down"
I don't understand why more people don't think like this. SE isn't keeping this game active because they want to keep players happy. SE is a business and businesses have to make money.

I'd wager that at least 25% of sub revenue is from RMT.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 10:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/double eyeroll

So yes, there is a defense needed. It's piss poor management of their product and it sends major conflicting signals to the community.

It is the best way to handle it. By showing that noone is safe, people who have a brain in their heads will stop cheating and they don't have to ban across the board. Letting it go so long was a mistake, but it doesn't mean they can't change their tune.

You're their best shill, Thorny. You low-key work for the community team?
I'm ashita's most active plugin dev, and a known gilseller. Not exactly the type of person SE would want to work on their community team. Stupid people keep cheating and think because nothing's happened so far, nothing will ever happen. I call them out for being stupid. That simple.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-02-20 10:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Miraun said: »
I have filed an appeal
LMAO
get your lawyer buddy to start sending them nasty grams. i'm sure that'll get it back.
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 10:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is on life support, being "developed" by like 5 dudes and a *** mini fridge at this point, if they truly feel they can go back to the days of brutal SE overlords and survive, i'd actually be really impressed if they could get away with it, but i'm guessing they, like they so often do, misread the room in this case, they will lose more than they gain from mass bannings.

Let's be honest with ourselves for just a moment, when you run multiple characters, throwing multiple subs at a company, just to even play their game at a reasonable pace, is anyone really surprised that the 4rth time through wings, you start to pos?. or that when you need 150 m for a rema, then another 120-150 to r15, that people are sparks botting.

these people, the ones that play multiple accounts, and yes, even the ones who are "cheating" pay your paychecks and keep the game alive, for better or worse.

I'm not claiming that sparks didn't throw the economy out of whack, but honestly, the only "abuses" here are from SE's own mistakes, Dynamis duping being chief among them, sparks is a system THEY put into the game.

Who the *** wants to spend literally *** hundreds of hours of thier lives farming gil.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 10:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything can be beaten with minimal RMEA and mostly NQ gear. The people crying about how expensive RMEA are and how much of a grind the game is, mostly just idle in town with that gear. Master trials are 3(4?) years old at this point, and tards still think they're hot ***for clearing them.. but the crybaby sparks botters can't even do that.

You don't -NEED- to spend hundreds of hours of your life farming gil. You don't have to have 30 RMEA to play the game. You went full ****ing autism and attached value to all these things that isn't actually there.

They know how many people they can ban. They aren't nuking everyone who cheats. They're selecting a small portion of them each time, to scare the rest. You can't honestly pretend it's going to kill the game, you're just personally upset that your cheating now has a risk attached to it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-02-20 10:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My dad works at SE, and he says auto-ban is off now. There will be no more bans in the immediate future, so you can bot and pos hack freely, no worries!
[+]
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 10:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Letting it go so long was a mistake, but it doesn't mean they can't change their tune.

I respectfully disagree, letting it go was probably a wise choice considering the precariousness of their buisness position then.

Now the game is "guaranteed" as it were <supposedly> until the 20th anniv. maybe they do feel they can change their tune about it now, but realistically, i mean, even looking at my servers shouts tells a tale atm
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-20 11:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You're on Kujata which is dead. What shouts are you seeing?

Edit: I know Kujata was merged into Valefor. I'm a Kujata native.
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 11:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What else IS THERE to do then thorny, other than REMA chase at that point, I'm trying to understand where you are coming from, i really am but like.... sure ok you clear content, usually without REMA at first, then you do what exactly, except farm REMA to do said content faster lol. the reason people with all the REMA sit in town is because THEY ARE OUT OF THINGS TO DO :3 things like rema chasing and alts are literally what fuels this game atm.

You take those people out of the equasion, especially the ones you let get used to pos hacking and afk gil farming, and your bottom line WILL be impacted. period, and those people matter more then the single account roleplayer who never does anything wrong and dosn't even use windower. I don't want to be "that guy" but cash is king, and the guy who pays for 6 accounts? losing him? hurts 6x more.

Yeah Kujata shouts are suspiciously quiet, like.....eeerily quiet :p
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 11:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What else IS THERE to do then thorny, other than REMA chase at that point, I'm trying to understand where you are coming from, i really am but like.... sure ok you clear content, usually without REMA at first, then you do what exactly, except farm REMA to do said content faster lol. the reason people with all the REMA sit in town is because THEY ARE OUT OF THINGS TO DO :3 things like rema chasing and alts are literally what fuels this game atm.

But, this isn't what happens. Most of those people who are sitting in town have never organized a dynamis wave3 win, and just bought them because it was 'too much effort'. Most haven't even been present at a master trial clear. Most don't have their tumult curator clear. Most got their lilith gear by buying it or spamming VE, if they even have it at all. There are people who have done everything and are bored as a result, myself included, but they are severely in the minority.

If you're just filling out your gearswap list by botting for gil then buying the items from mercs or the AH, it's no wonder you're bored. The game is meant to be played, and if you actually tried to coordinate some content with like-minded people you might find it to be a bit more interesting.

Or, you might not, since balance is godawful. If getting rid of botters would remove half the players, that says something about the quality of content being made. But, the actual mindset of 'bot and buy' is doing a lot of harm to the game because people participating in it are much less likely to group up with others and make actual efforts at content. They've gotten to a standard of no-effort progress that playing the game as intended will never reach.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-20 11:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we ban these "*** on the internet" got banned threads ?
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-20 11:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
My dad works at SE, and he says auto-ban is off now. There will be no more bans in the immediate future, so you can bot and pos hack freely, no worries!

I'm behind 4 proxies and use a Japanese VPN try to catch me now you *** !
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-20 11:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

***my Step Dad works at SE and said that it's all a bunch of malarkey !
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-20 11:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

* till next wednesday
[+]
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-20 11:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've cleared everything except master trials, and that was more out of "meh" than anything else, i have a solid group that has run everything together for a long time, the only thing keeping me around is hanging out with people, and even then, most of those people are bored and doing other things now as well.

I filled my gearswap by doing the content. With like minded players. but i remember trying to solo everything, or catching shouts in town for stuff, see heres the issue, back in the day, the game couldnt progress without each other, it was a cool idea, and the games strong point.

But the games population has changed since then, its solo everything until you start doing stuff like escha, then pray some LS take you in. its way harder to be new, or without friends now, i cant blame people for mercing when no one wants to take the time to help you gear up. that spirit of the game seems to be gone, and its sad, but its the way it is, because all those people selling clears? is what replaced it, reducing their grind for their next rema, case in point.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8