2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Soulflayer Ambuscade V1
Soulflayer Ambuscade V1
By Seun 2023-12-11 19:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yasova said: »
pretty sure it has to be an ability from the original mob that uses it.

Would have been too easy if you didn't need the mob to use the ability. Asurans would be merc'ing ballista for spells.
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-11 20:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to the Vana'Bout, this once Annoying at best ambu will be quite popular... I expect people to be running it with unique party comps to get the most objectives done per run for best time investment. Curious what people think given the leaked RoE's.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-11 20:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect them to just wafflestomp v2 for efficiency tbh

Unless it turns out you can reliably kill V1N/D and check every box in one run etc

Clear/fast/ws/sc/burst/t1spam all much easier on a flan than a dbagspamming blu + imps
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-11 21:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a shame, here I was thinking people wouldn't compromise on hallmarks to net their plaudits, but I suppose it's totally fair. Hallmarks are only good for so much
 Asura.Yasova
user: Nobility
By Asura.Yasova 2023-12-11 21:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

most people wouldnt care much to miss out on hallmarks. almost everyone has their gear/capes made. theres also the campaign bonus and extension depending on how well you and your server perform too.

id personally take more time to enjoy a benefit over how much hallmarks i can make
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-11 21:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I read the web page, it seemed as if our performance collectively hits a threshold, NEXT Month's campaigns (January) will be extended by 3/6 days. Did I misunderstand and it actually meant December's campaigns? I think it'd be smarter on SE's part to have players fight to extend the current campaign in a given month, as its incentive to play, rather than fight for something unknown and potentially less appealing.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-11 21:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the following month.

Do a ton of ambuscade this month, to pump ambuscade campaign next month

Then while that campaign is going, do a ton of whatever event they pick, to pump feb's campaign
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-12-12 07:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
The way I read the web page, it seemed as if our performance collectively hits a threshold, NEXT Month's campaigns (January) will be extended by 3/6 days. Did I misunderstand and it actually meant December's campaigns? I think it'd be smarter on SE's part to have players fight to extend the current campaign in a given month, as its incentive to play, rather than fight for something unknown and potentially less appealing.

No see, this is clever, now they can pick and choose campaigns to suit how Vana'bout goes.

I, for one, am eagerly looking forward to those six days of extended Abyssea, Dynamis Granules of Time, Ambuscade Gallantry, Bonus Bayld, Campaign Festa, Geas Fete, and Abjuration Dial campaigns.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2023-12-12 07:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Been quite a while since we've seen this one. Usual video covering solo and party battle strategies and showing a Normal Solo win. Have a good month all!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Seun 2023-12-12 16:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
No see, this is clever, now they can pick and choose campaigns to suit how Vana'bout goes.

The problem with this is the campaigns aren't announced until the previous campaign is ending/over. You'd be doing VanaBout for a little over three weeks before finding out what campaigns would be extended.

Instead of extending the campaigns for 3 days and 6 days, the first bonus should extend the campaigns for the entirety of the month (update to update). The second bonus should upgrade all eligible campaigns to PLUS. I think people would be morivated to get 12 dark matter a day instead of just 6 or get the extra void/shard and currency drops in Statue Crusher Plus.
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2023-12-12 21:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just appreciate something new. They didn't have to do this, but they added something a little extra.

Like sprinkles on a turd.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-12-13 15:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm sub blm can sleepga all the mobs can do like sleepga > elemental seal sleepga 2 or use Spontaneity to cast sleepga 2 twice in a row. Seems like only 1 immuno is needed for it to land. Also silence soulflayer when u goto kill him. So setup would be like monk bard cor geo rdm whm and just let monk kill the stuff each adds dies in like 2-3 ws. With them all slept the incoming dmg is very minimal.

Elemental seal Is not needed to land sleeps can just keep casting till sleepga 2 or sleep 2 is on everything.

If low ml can sleepga till they all land and start sleep II stuff after so they stay slept.
By Lordtrey 2023-12-22 12:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

People get hallamrks for gear/capes? not for all the Curency they either stockpile or sell?
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-12-22 15:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

3 years later
[+]
 Phoenix.Raycian
Server: Phoenix
user: raycian
By Phoenix.Raycian 2023-12-24 22:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So green.
By benjaman 2023-12-27 13:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, I'm throwing my video into the N solo clear hat. (PUP/RUN solo w/ trusts)

[+]