2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Redmage Dark Matter Augs
Redmage Dark Matter Augs
By tarujedi 2020-02-02 12:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

With the DM campaign approaching, I was wondering what gear is good to aim for on a fairly fresh 99 rdm.

What are you fav pieces or what are you going for?

Thanks
By Drayco 2020-02-02 12:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh hands/feet are always good for idle.

I've never really looked into how much phalanx+ gear helps, but I see those augments all the time.
 Asura.Genosync
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Genosync
By Asura.Genosync 2020-02-02 12:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

High MATK/MACC/WSD/STR or MND.
Or high STR/WSD for physical or random Chant du Cygne pieces but lol.
Refresh.
Phalanx Received.

If you actually still need casting based pieces then that typical crap with mbbonus etc. but Ea+1 probably better.

You can do most slots with non-augmented gear and a lot of it really is. I think you really need solid augments to pump your elemental WSes as high as you can though.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-02 12:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Utility sets are reasonable to aim during a campaign. By reasonable i mean a non-THF TH set when solo farming, a refresh+2 set for slots you dont have any. A rarer utility augment but nice to have is phalanx up to 5.

Once you fill the utility set you can aim for a WS set (with WSD+10), MAB MACC Melee set, etc. There are too many options so a good thing to do is to first see what available gear is out there that will beat even DM agumented gear (for example, Jhakri body has 4 refresh what DM will never get close so thats one slot you shouldnt invest on that particular stat). For WSD pieces, check what reforged has a similar augment and dont invest on that piece, and so go on.

After you fill the utility set, which is reasonable to aim, anything else is just to satisfy a gambler addiction to spin a roulette as BiS gear from DM is very unlikely.
By tarujedi 2020-02-04 14:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the tips, will see what i get