Multi-Box Temp Bans?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-03-18 08:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Merc shouts are ok, but if RMT do shouts that advertise their websites and gil selling, they do get banned on Bahamut the next day.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-18 09:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
/follow command seems like a command implicity developed for multiboxing.

I found amusing when at some point they allowed the command to be used in an invisible player. Like, why would a vanilla player want to follow an invisible player?

Maybe so in today's game play. But 2004-whenever homepoint travel came around. It was hard to travel around. It would take 15 mins to walk across a zone. Simple throw follow on your buddy and go take a ***or piss. Therefore not adding hours into already long *** quests or missions. Today...probably not needed as much. But even taking it out you would stop ways of it happening lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-03-18 10:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Bahamut.Minimuse said: ยป
Merc shouts are ok, but if RMT do shouts that advertise their websites and gil selling, they do get banned on Bahamut the next day.

Only if people report it, otherwise they last for weeks.

Aloha <3

Welcome to Bahamut. Where RMT get reported and the community bands together to kill Mireu regularly.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-03-18 10:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
Or you could have to take a dump and didn't want to slow your exp party down.

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. This entire premise of follow is for bots/alts only is ridiculous.

Honestly.. this is almost exactly what the /follow command was used for back in the day. Some people forget we used to WALK to our camps, sometimes we couldn't take a chocobo or weren't high enough level to. Gotta take care of your kid real quick while we're en-route? Need to WC? Need to go smoke? Itch your ***? Etc, put me on /follow. If you had people following you, you were usually smart enough to navigate the terrain to the point where you didn't lose the people behind you and everyone made it to camp safely. Everyone was happy, the end. :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2020-03-18 11:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. This entire premise of follow is for bots/alts only is ridiculous.

Honestly.. this is almost exactly what the /follow command was used for back in the day. Some people forget we used to WALK to our camps, sometimes we couldn't take a chocobo or weren't high enough level to. Gotta take care of your kid real quick while we're en-route? Need to WC? Need to go smoke? Itch your ***? Etc, put me on /follow. If you had people following you, you were usually smart enough to navigate the terrain to the point where you didn't lose the people behind you and everyone made it to camp safely. Everyone was happy, the end. :)

"As a Beastmaster comma", we /follow'ed in pairs when duo'ing in zones that are very shitty to travel/idle in (like, Den of Rancor, for example).

General speaking, the people who designed this game, spent years studying and training for the positions they had at the time. They've considered and solved problems and situations that many folks here could only hope to dream up.

(Sure, there is all kinds of nebulous, speculative or questionable product and feature decisions, but having /follow work on invisible characters isn't one of them, because characters will sneak/invisible and still have the need to /follow someone).
By Draylo 2020-03-25 07:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring out ya dead.

Or has the virus stopped in Vanadiel. No more GM interference?
By Mattelot 2020-03-25 07:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »

/follow was a great tool, it was just used poorly too often back in the day. People would follow for any reason, even if they were right there and just wanted to be lazy. The problem came about when they would follow you without asking or mentioning and then get upset when they returned only to find that they were stuck in terrain and it was all the sudden the other guy's fault.
By Shichishito 2020-03-25 13:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Bring out ya dead.

Or has the virus stopped in Vanadiel. No more GM interference?
we haven't seen any complaining for beeing banned since the free campaign, my guess is auto ban got turned off again and we are at the start of another 3+ years of zero repercussions.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 13:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bans will go out TOMORROW

I fully expect one account to get banned tomorrow morning, would be the 6th month in a row of one banned account on the last thursday of the month, That's not a coincidence. The virus may or may not alter that though, there's a chance anyway.
By Shichishito 2020-03-25 13:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

during free campaign i noticed the amount of 6boxers fully equipped with SU5 weapons at least quadruppled compared to the last time i was playing. even if the autoban is still running its been tweaked so conservatively that its barely a drop on a hot stone.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 13:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no "autoban"
By Pantafernando 2020-03-25 13:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
during free campaign i noticed the amount of 6boxers fully equipped with SU5 weapons at least quadruppled compared to the last time i was playing. even if the autoban is still running its been tweaked so conservatively that its barely a drop on a hot stone.

Why 6boxers with Su5 are being related to banning?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 13:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »

Literally the definition of "bot" right now. Multibox with su3 gear and su4/5 weapons. New accounts popping up etc. Obvious bots.
By Shichishito 2020-03-25 13:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There is no "autoban"
after the whole packets incident the chorus sounded different. there might be someone looking over a list befor the bans get confirmed but there is most certainly some sort of automation that picks pontential candidates.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-25 13:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Never heard anything about that. Should be an assura thing.

I mean you can figure someone botting if he stays like 48 hours killing junk but because hes using a 100 million weapon, thats a first to me.
By Shichishito 2020-03-25 13:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally the definition of "bot" right now. Multibox with su3 gear and su4/5 weapons. New accounts popping up etc. Obvious bots.
also cause there simply wouldn't be enough resources to craft that many SU weapons if they did a good job cleaning up after the packets dupe.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 14:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you can figure someone botting if he stays like 48 hours killing junk but because hes using a 100 million weapon, thats a first to me.

You're on asura, are you not? Take 10 steps into reisenjima. There's 4 6bot parties right there in su3 and su4/5 all the same guy. he used to be stupid enough to have them all wearing the same linkshell. DestinyESP
By Pantafernando 2020-03-25 14:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There is never shortage of this on asshura, you can get as many as you want if you are willing to pay for it
By Shichishito 2020-03-25 14:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i doubt most of them paid 100mil to equip their bot accounts. cheaters/botters/exploiters are usually the same small circle of ppl. there simply were several folks who got away hoarding dupes on mules which they later turned into SU weapons with their botted escutcheon.
By Shichishito 2020-03-25 14:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be an assura thing.
its not a assura exclusive issue.
By Mattelot 2020-03-25 14:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You're on asura, are you not? Take 10 steps into reisenjima. There's 4 6bot parties right there in su3 and su4/5 all the same guy. he used to be stupid enough to have them all wearing the same linkshell. DestinyESP

A year ago, I entertained the idea of transferring to Asura. Comments like this make me glad I changed my mind. Not YOU personally, but things like this happening on the server.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-25 14:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Not YOU personally

Assura is like an army of Eiryls
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 14:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the days when it was only me with enough "not give a ***" to be blatant about it =/

(I know that mimicking me, and my lack of restraint is a large portion of the reason, the irony is not lost on me. All I did was accelerate it, not cause it)

Square really disappointed when they just essentially gave up again lol, genuinely did not expect the landscape to look this way again (identical to 2015, but worse)
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-03-25 23:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the days when it was only me with enough "not give a ***" to be blatant about it =/

(I know that mimicking me, and my lack of restraint is a large portion of the reason, the irony is not lost on me. All I did was accelerate it, not cause it)

Square really disappointed when they just essentially gave up again lol, genuinely did not expect the landscape to look this way again (identical to 2015, but worse)

I think you give yourself too much credit. But, SE isn't stupid (as much as some like to think otherwise). With the release of Odyssey (and the incredibly EASY RoE objective that nets a new character a Large Lustr. box, anyone with enough time can decide to create a ton of characters for an easy influx of gil.

I won't say SE gave up, more so than 'benign neglect' ...They're probably after a temporary up-tick in characters / subscriptions, which is why they allow multi-boxing to exist in the first place.

I personally wish the attitude of using 3rd-party tools in foolish ways was not so pervasive. (I'm not talking about multi-boxing content for your own benefit, or to help your own progression. I know plenty of people who play FFXI as a one-player game with text/voice chat).

I wish there was more content designed in ways to incentivize progression and team-work. I wish there was more KS/BC NM fights (like i-level KS99 among others) or i-level Magian Trials.

I will agree somewhat and say that SE is super-lazy for much of the low-hanging fruit (content) they won't create. :/
By Draylo 2020-03-26 01:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no "autoban"

Yes there is
By Mrxi 2020-03-26 01:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

bots need gear too. and no there is no autoban
By Mrxi 2020-03-26 01:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

if there was there wouldn't be army of bots pos'ing and flee hacking all over.
By Mrxi 2020-03-26 02:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

farmed my shields with vajras and never valued anything. not trying to brag. but yeah didnt think it was possible to get suspended and not helping with more cards. but also finished 6 or more for other people.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15