Forum » FFXI » General » January 2020 Version Update
January 2020 Version Update
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-01-09 22:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

-Beat event >500x, no longer need anything from it.
-SE adds new drops to event, forcing me to redo it.
-SE makes event worse in the process. Not harder, worse.

Gee, I wonder why people were/are upset.

HP raise could be nice for beads or could be a pain in the *** if it's a sharp enough increase and everyone still plans to leech it.
Spawn timer is what was really needed though, so hopefully it's significant.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-01-09 22:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you prefer I called you overscrupulous?

Caerda said: »
And so it begins lol!!! I get the new gear part but why should they *** about how it was when they never did it before the update?

And they're not complaining about how it was since the event has been reimagined with a new daily limit and rotating dragon timers instead of how it was before the update...?
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 22:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Shiva.Malthar said: »
Draylo said: »
There ya go BST. Be happy now

Still didn't fix the range problem. x.x

They were never going to fix that sadly, they doubled and tripled down on the stupidity, and they'd have lost face to revert it.

This makes us "just another melee", now with self-buffing kinda like BLU (less flexible!), with the added ability to zerg with Familiar/Unleash. Not having to swap axes out is a decent buff to hybrid pet/master strats. Now we can maintain AM3, use Zealous Snort, fight alongside our pig, and get the -25% defense down from Sweeping Gouge, at least. I think what I like least about this is that Generous Arthur is the most useful alliance pet we have, and we have to forego him to boost our own damage. edit- also, Sweeping Gouge is probably a dps loss when fully buffed, even with Frailty/AM3, due to JA delay.

I'll continue to use my beastmaster for Omen and most of Geas Fete. It would have been nice to get the range restored for stuff like Odin but this IS a decent buff.

Oh, and because nobody mentioned, you have to use "Call Beast" instead of "Beastial Loyalty" to get the buffs. You have to burn a jug to get them. Who wants to burn a HQ jug?!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-09 22:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a good update for bst.

The ready ja timers are kinda subtle, but a very nice boost nonetheless.

They skipped/forgot 2x self-buffing ready moves: Rhino Guard and Fantod.

We will want to do a bit of testing, but its likely the best physical melee dd setup for bst will be to pop Sheep (duration up to 9 min), get 3k tp on pet, and use rage. swap pet for pig, and get zealous snort up for alot of nice buffs.

That is assuming the potency and duration of all the ready moves is unchanged for master. Its a very nice boost to DPS. Bst is very attack starved.. and def down from a 60% berserk effect won't be very bad if you tp in Malignance set and snarl off all enmity.

Also Fencer builds just became perfectly viable for bst. We skillchain and burst monsters now. It just became MUCH more viable to solo those combos.

I'm not sure how enmity could work, but we just got a 10s recast stoneskin for maybe 500+ HP each time. That would do wonders for Enmity Retention and tanking. NOT to mention our own person cocoon (def +100%) which should have longer duration as well.

if we can work out the hate management. Bst can totally tank.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-09 22:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and because nobody mentioned, you have to use "Call Beast" instead of "Beastial Loyalty" to get the buffs. You have to burn a jug to get them. Who wants to burn a HQ jug?!
Eh? you making stuff up now?
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-09 22:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I don't think he is. Read the update notes again. Only "Call Beast" is mentioned. Nothing about "Bestial Loyalty".
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 22:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope

Quote:
The following abilities of pets summoned with the job ability Call Beast have been adjusted so that their enhancement effects are also granted to the beastmaster.

And

Quote:
The following abilities of pets summoned with the job ability Call Beast have been adjusted so that the delay between inputting the command and activation is now 0.25s.

And the final kick in the nuts...

Quote:
The following abilities of pets summoned with the job ability Call Beast have been adjusted so that there is no delay between inputting the command and activation.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-01-09 22:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Also do you even know what "pedantic" means?
foot doctor right?
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 22:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Hey Malthar, change your <b> to

Already did. lol
By Prong 2020-01-09 22:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Upon the conclusion of a Domain Invasion, the message that displays in the log now indicates the total number of Domain Points you have earned for the day, as well as your current total of points held.

This part is neat. Can't tell you how many times I got interrupted/distracted while doing these DI and couldn't recall if I was on the 3rd or 4th run and ended up doing an extra one for no reason.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-09 22:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well.. lets test and see.

perhaps they keep mentioning call beast because it doesn't apply to charmed pets?

I being hopeful here, I know.

if its call beast onry, then stacking rage and zealous snort is kinda tedious.
Still doable, but you'll either wait 5 min to swap, or have random deal standing by.... and yes, it would be horrible for hq pet jugs.

Would mean using NQ's more often, OR spending ALOT of gil. go go cooking skills!

need to test to make sure.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 22:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps they keep mentioning call beast because it doesn't apply to charmed pets?

Still doable, but you'll either wait 5 min to swap, or have random deal standing by.

It's SE. Check your optimism at the door. lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-09 22:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl?

Is that you?

However, it would synergize with Unleash really well.

You could burn thru a bunch of jugs during unleash to buff up master alot :D

I"ll have to make a macro for this.

Call beast > Rage
Leave
Unleash
Call Beast > bubble curtain, Scissor Guard, Metallic Body
leave
Call Beast > Zealous Snort

might be fun to mess around with.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-09 22:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Still doable, but you'll either wait 5 min to swap, or have random deal standing by.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to BST.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-09 23:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm I'm hoping the shorter ready casting time means fewer stuns on ready moves.

Sylph.Gippo said: »
The elimination of Charmer's Merlin with merit adjustments is definitely an overdue and welcome change. However, you're hoping its just at best going to cost you 2 jug pets to get 2 pet buffs on you to come close to the dd potential of <any other dd job>

hmm any other job? I really don't know, but my bst has some pretty good damage already.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-01-09 23:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt fix the issue that you have to mostly choose between buffing between pet OR master. It became a little bit easier and slightly more well rounded now. I think this is basically just an unleashed buff. i kinda wish they would have a reverse version of snarl now.

Maybe i am wrong, i hope I am. But i do not think bst is back. They can basically just SMN burn things inside distance now. Now that recast time is similar to BP you have to lock into that set for best results. SO you cant even use malignance to protect yourself next to a dangerous mob.

with a reverse snarl and /war you could probably be a pretty durable tank with crab pet. sad day.
By Qualo 2020-01-09 23:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Still possible they forgot to mention Bestial Loyalty. SE really wouldn't do something this shitty to us again. Or would they?
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 23:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Qualo said: »
Still possible they forgot to mention Bestial Loyalty. SE really wouldn't do something this shitty to us again. Or would they?

Hahahaha! You're funny Q. :-P
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-01-09 23:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

what makes you assume it doesn't work for both? relic hands say call beast.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-09 23:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume it's intended to work with loyalty. But again as I so clearly pointed out in the beast thread, it's literally pointless. You're stuck with only one worthwhile pet, for everything and forever.

All those pet buffs don't do diddly ***.

And Vickie broths are super easy/cheap, so even if it doesn't work with loyalty it's really not a big deal. (after the initial burst of idiot tax)
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-01-10 00:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Items and changes are up:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/January_2020_Version_Update_Changes

Synergy furnace seems useful, surprisingly.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-10 00:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow an (anything!) that improves the hot garbage that is synergy, christ is that overdue, holy ***.

Moglification: Synergy Skill Gains
Moglification: Synergy Furnace Duration
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-10 00:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Wow an (anything!) that improves the hot garbage that is synergy, christ is that overdue, holy ***.

yeah, where was this duration during the rush of fotia/skill torques?
[+]
By Monko 2020-01-10 00:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Active Effects

Placing the new furnace in your Moghouse is most likely what gives the moglification. I am happy about this!
By clearlyamule 2020-01-10 00:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Monko said: »
Active Effects

Placing the new furnace in your Moghouse is most likely what gives the moglification. I am happy about this!
Yes but which one does it give? Remember only one moghancement per item and only 1 up at a time
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-01-10 00:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongyogha said: »
Alright Alright... All Kidding Aside... Where are them Dupenaughts now? Shoz-iCuE has quit since losing 5 characters to Medal Duping along with various other illegally run scripts. Reee-CON aka papa douche , is BACK he has taken the BILLIONS and stored it on another account which he used to create a new character DEEE-MOIISTTT (mos). I am very surprised to see the "infamous" losers I mean leaders still even speaking up around the game, they have put a pretty solid LS Dreadnaught which they turned around and soured & disrespected there own LS members. There time will come, this BAN is nothing compared to how a community can react when there is someone that doesn't belong, We will stand strong to these DUPERS --

Also the update is on-par, I have been stacking broths for my LS for a while, have been mostly PUP / BST for years so this is sweet news!!! Not to sure about another round of new weapons, can our inventory handle it??? The May update for empy+3 will certainly be the real game changer for inv issues. Let's see what happens then.

P.S.

SHAME THE DUPERS TIL THE END TIME

Move the *** on loser lmao
[+]