2020's GDQs, Speedruns, Charity Stuff Etc.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » 2020's GDQs, Speedruns, Charity Stuff etc.
2020's GDQs, Speedruns, Charity Stuff etc.
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-04 18:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sunday kicks off AGDQ 2020(looks to be PMG free)

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

#teamtrees got the full 20 million https://teamtrees.org/
By ryukin182 2020-01-04 21:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomorrow? Thanks for reminding me, got some actual content to watch on 3rd monitor now instead of the office/scrubs
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-01-04 22:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife and I were almost thinking of going to the event this year, and then I remembered that it's a censored/boring/sjw-shitshow and it only would have been worthwhile going many years ago
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-04 22:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, tomorrow (12 hours from right now)

Yeah.... it's become a progressively worse shitshow.... But, that's the state of the world we live in now. Could definitely do with less alphabet agenda and just run the games. And less incredibly depressing donation messages (holy ***).

"hey gramma just died while i was typing this, she doesn't need this $100 anymore" (P.S. kill the animals)
... Can... you don't?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2020-01-04 23:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the changes are because they went from just giving money to the charity afterwards to officially teaming up with the charity and having to be nice for the cameras.

But yes also dumb agendas that don't belong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-01-05 01:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point of watching something that has strayed so far from what it originally was?

I usually watch a random game I enjoy every year since the any % era started but I don't even remember doing that last year. They've completely lost touch.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-01-05 02:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

there has also been drama with certain individuals, and the event hasn't even started yet

they've also added pronouns to the stream overlay and a GDQtrans emote.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-05 10:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Preshow live now
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-01-05 10:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
there has also been drama with certain individuals, and the event hasn't even started yet

...Can't it just be about video games and only video games?
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-01-05 10:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The wife and I have our office setup with a nested couch, our computers, a 50" TV on 2nd monitor, and 2 cats. Gonna be a good week!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-01-05 11:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

Nahhh Fam - Gotta push that agenda for games done cringie, and don't you dare dead name anyone
[+]
By Zeota 2020-01-05 14:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***I just noticed this! It may be an SJW mental patient ***show now, but even they can appreciate the deliciousness of Publix subs!
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-01-05 20:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol really? I haven't seen any drama as I don't follow those people, I guess I'm lucky.

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

Video games stopped being enough about 10 years ago, sexuality is more important to them.
By ryukin182 2020-01-05 23:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Am i too cynical or does the whole ORB and HONK every 5 seconds become too annoying?

And to you all calling it sjw you dont have to watch or interact. No one cares that youre mad that you cant harass or troll, just ignore it
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-05 23:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The constant orb, honk, <musical chyme when you get items in metroid> WAHH, hype, moon get, star, all that ***does get old... it's funny for a couple minutes they just overdo it.

So far though all the alphabet agenda stuff has been nonexistant, not too bad. They aren't really stressing the pronouns, they're just playing the games.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-01-06 01:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anti-SJW's: Well, how was I supposed to know what they identify as?!

Event: Provide identification in a completely non-intrusive way.

Anti-SJW's: oh my god, *** SJW's shoving their agenda down my throat!
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-01-06 03:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »

Video games. That's what the event is about, you haven't mentioned it.

See the problem? Video games. That's all that you should spew, video games. Video games. Speed run of what? Video games. What are we watching? Video games. What are we here for? Video games.

Video, ***, games.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-01-06 03:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The constant orb, honk, <musical chyme when you get items in metroid> WAHH, hype, moon get, star, all that ***does get old... it's funny for a couple minutes they just overdo it.

So far though all the alphabet agenda stuff has been nonexistant, not too bad. They aren't really stressing the pronouns, they're just playing the games.
Sounds good, I'll give it a try then. I don't really mind the memes and stuff, it's supposed to be full of people who can't behave socially so it only makes sense that people behave that way, imo.
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-06 12:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

See the problem? Video games. That's all that you should spew, video games. Video games. Speed run of what? Video games. What are we watching? Video games. What are we here for? Video games.

Video, ***, games.

except that the people DOING the runs have always been an important part of this, otherwise they'd have only a screen showing said video games, zero commentary, zero mention of who is running what, etc. I have no understanding why everyone's panties are in a bunch over something that is unobtrusive and likely to counter with "it doesn't affect me." if it truly matters so little, there wouldn't be so much bitching.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-01-06 13:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Video, ***, games.

except that the people DOING the runs have always been an important part of this, otherwise they'd have only a screen showing said video games, zero commentary, zero mention of who is running what, etc. I have no understanding why everyone's panties are in a bunch over something that is unobtrusive and likely to counter with "it doesn't affect me." if it truly matters so little, there wouldn't be so much bitching.
You have no understanding because you still haven't bothered reading the post you quoted. The answer is inside, somewhere, probably well hidden (try the spoiler, it might be in there, too).
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-01-06 13:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Video, ***, games.
Vidja gearms.
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-06 14:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Video, ***, games.

You have no understanding because you still haven't bothered reading the post you quoted. The answer is inside, somewhere, probably well hidden (try the spoiler, it might be in there, too).

oh I read your post. obviously, you did not read mine, as it takes yours into account, and offers a rebuttal. again, if VIDEO GAMES was all that mattered, they would not tell you who was running. if VIDEO GAMES was all that mattered there would be no commentary. if VIDEO GAMES was all that mattered there would have been zero focus on the runners from the start. so, what we can infer here, is that a preferred pronouns section that takes up almost no screen real estate really bothers you that much because VIDEO GAMES.
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2020-01-06 14:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue most people have is that on this ever-rapidly progressing down hill spiral of intelligence we're witnessing... At some point enough has to be enough. This pronoun nonsense is close to the epitome of idiocy.

Or can we just focus on VIDEO GAMES and leave the right/left leaning *** outside.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-06 16:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

An actual event bump for day 2

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
9:40 PM AMID EVIL
10:25 PM DOOM (2016)
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
By ryukin182 2020-01-06 16:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

As every year this thread devolves into people getting mad at pronouns or some made up sjw ***for no reason. For the 100th time, no one is forcing you to watch or participate. For the 100th time no one gives a ***that you're mad. Stay out of this thread if you hate gdq or what has become of it. The real idiocy is actually complaining about ***that bothers you so much about gdq on ffxiah rather than complaining to them so they might change it.

if VIDEO GAMES was all that mattered there would be no commentary
Real winner of the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE sentence of this very young year. 50% of the entertainment of gdq is commentary explaining the game and how it broke.
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-06 17:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
As every year this thread devolves into people getting mad at pronouns or some made up sjw ***for no reason. For the 100th time, no one is forcing you to watch or participate. For the 100th time no one gives a ***that you're mad. Stay out of this thread if you hate gdq or what has become of it. The real idiocy is actually complaining about ***that bothers you so much about gdq on ffxiah rather than complaining to them so they might change it.

if VIDEO GAMES was all that mattered there would be no commentary
Real winner of the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE sentence of this very young year. 50% of the entertainment of gdq is commentary explaining the game and how it broke.
you do realize that this was to refute the fallacious claim that "the ONLY thing that matters is the video games," and that GDQ has just as much to do with the runners themselves as well as the greater speedrunning community, yes?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-01-06 19:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The actual original thing GDQ was built on was a bunch of friends playing videogames together for charity. With a 50:50 game:runner/couch screen share.

It's literally never been JUST about the video games.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-01-06 21:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

dude named tomatoanus just played fallout stuff and they had him change his name to tomatoangus for the event

At least his name wasn't tomatoasshole
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-06 21:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Family event, most places don't allow those kind of names in general. It's not a GDQ specific issue, it's an immaturity issue.

Quote:
GDQ can’t display the username ‘tomatoanus’ so I came up with ‘tomatoangus’ which they approved. My Twitch info will not be displayed on stream as I will continue to go by ‘tomatoanus’ on those sites, which is something I completely understand. GDQ was super transparent about the whole thing and communicated very clearly and quickly.

There have been a couple other runners in the past who have been accepted with suspect usernames and they’ve been asked to run with a different name at the event. An example of this is Breastickle running as ‘BT’ at AGDQ 2018
[+]
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10