Whats Going On?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Siren » whats going on?
whats going on?
First Page 2
 Siren.Drave
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Drd
By Siren.Drave 2009-10-16 19:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it me or is there less and less players on the worlds anymore i an understand some people are hyped up bout the new ff but that's no reason to stop playing:( there's never anyone seeking any more except 60+ over here on siren i don't mind soloing hell i did it with beast but still not to mention alot of the smaller Ls's are breaking what is a player to do, so tell me is it like this on the other servers? less people etc etc.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-16 19:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same (if not worse as it has less population than Siren) on Garuda.
 Siren.Drave
By Siren.Drave 2009-10-16 19:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder if se is gonna take the less crowded worlds and combine when new ff comes out cause i would place money on it that 75% of the people now is going to switch
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-10-16 19:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like that on Fairy now, its like everyone has 75 jobs and already bored.
No one ever searches lower partys, so it makes it impossible to even level new jobs at all.
I waited 7 hours, 7 damn hours to get a party on my Dark Knight, I did stuff around the house to pass time. By the time I even got a party, I wasnt in the mood to party at all.
So I went out and bought some different games for 360 so when partying goes to ***, I switch.
 Siren.Drave
By Siren.Drave 2009-10-16 19:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

all honestly i would like se to change the FoV to make it where u can accept more then 1 a day with each 1 u get less tablets or a lil less exp till the day changes
[+]
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-10-16 19:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, kinda lame 1 hour is 1 game day.
The only reason why is RMT this RMT that blah blah blah.
I swear to god SE looses sleep over RMTs, its one of the main reasons the game is going down hill.
If I was part of SE, I'd say hell an let 'em sell gil for all I care, it keeps players on the game, an keeps the economy going hahaha.
 Siren.Drave
By Siren.Drave 2009-10-16 19:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yea
 Phoenix.Darkodin
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkodin
By Phoenix.Darkodin 2009-10-16 19:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It kinda is, that's one of the reasons i hardly play anymore XD. I can hardly get things done nowadays, i even server changed with a friend from Hades to Phoenix and start anew but it's just as hard finding ppl to lvl with etc lol i'm basically waiting on FF XIV as well ...
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-10-16 19:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a bit sad on Odin, too. We are supposedly a way overcrowded server, but on any given day I can walk through the jungle outside Khazam and be the only person in the area. I just /sea'd Valkurm dunes, and there are a grand total of 15 people there. 3 of those people are in the leveling range for that area, one is a level 30, the rest are 75. Last time I was in Bastok markets, I /sea'd and there were 5 people in the area. At least 1 was a mule, and 2 others were there getting ready for dynamis-bastok (as was I.) Really, the only crowded place is Whitegate, for the most part. Makes me sad. :-(
 Ragnarok.Sacreddawn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Sacreddawn 2009-10-16 19:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Waiting seven hours for a party on Drk isn't that bad.....
Back in the day when "Bones" parties were the thing, drk invites didn't exist past a certain point. ^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-16 19:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The other day around 9pm my time (which is 4pm EST) there was about 500 people online on Garuda.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-10-16 19:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its way of SE killing FF11, so people have to switch over to the new one.
 Siren.Drave
By Siren.Drave 2009-10-16 19:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i know what you mean it really hurts me more then before cause i use to go lay and duo with wife but now she dont play anymore beause of friends quiting etc etc its rather sad when 90% of ur friend list quit or sold there accounts
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-10-16 19:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel ya, Fairy is starting to die.
When I switched from Odin to Fairy, it was party central. It was no problem getting partys or even doing events.
Now its a rare occasion to party.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-16 20:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Specopsz said:
I think its way of SE killing FF11, so people have to switch over to the new one.

I don't think the devs are intentionally trying to kill FFXI, but they are reaping the rewards to essentially turning over development and game management to two unpaid college interns. For those who will study MMO management in the future, I think SE's handling of FFXI in 2009 will be the textbook example of how not to manage a mature MMO.

Regardless of personal viewpoint on the Salvage bannings, it undeniably had a negative impact on the game's social structure by breaking circles of friends and killing linkshells. The hackings, coupled with poor responses and lousy PR (until the release of the tokens), spread unease. Inane update features like the two /bell updates could imply that SE was spinning their wheels and running out of ideas. SE recognized that WoTG was dragging and responded with three mini-expansions, but they were poorly conceived and poorly executed.

Worst of all, the development team stayed silent during one of FFXI's most sensitive moments: the announcement of FFXIV. All they had to do was assure their thusfar loyal playerbase that they were not giving up on FFXI. Instead they offered a seemingly empty promise that they had a year's worth of content in the works. Any specifics? Nope. It's probably more crap like fishing in MMM and WoTG mission updates that should've been completed within two years of WoTG's release.

The devs could've avoided FFXI's decline for awhile longer, but they decided a little simple PR was too much work for them. Now they, and we, are reaping the rewards of their laziness: dwindling server populations and friends gone missing.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-10-16 21:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:
Specopsz said:

It's probably more crap like fishing in MMM and WoTG mission updates that should've been completed within two years of WoTG's release.

/nod. 2 years later still waiting to complete it.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-10-16 21:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda depressing... Needz moar cheer!

My morale for MMOs is pretty much down. I think the only reason I still play XI is to burn time and do personal quests. Of course, I haven't done a lot that long-time players have done tons of times.
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-10-16 21:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont fool yourself over SE wanting to get rid of FFXI. You don't kill the cow till it wont produce any milk, and trust me, there is still plenty of milk in the cow that is FFXI.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-16 21:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never really considered siren to be that bad, When i came to this server i had only two 75's and every other job was 37. Six months ago i got really bored and took all 37 jobs to 50 and once i hit that area i figured "why not go for Maat's cap".

I never power leveled myself or "cheated" and i actually seeked party on every job... even SMN and BST. I did have to be patient as hell and wait for a long time once in awhile to get invites, but i don't think our server is anywhere near dead or anything.

I also just took SCH from 37 to 70 in a matter of two weeks, and again i did it by seeking. I'm not sure if it's your search comment or whatnot.

I'll admit that it takes a ***ton of patience though and that sometimes the invites might not happen.
 Siren.Chrichri
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2009-10-16 21:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Try being on JST. I spend most of my evenings after work seeking with no luck due to many JP only seekers. I get invites but they're very slow. :(
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-16 21:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Chrichri said:
Try being on JST. I spend most of my evenings after work seeking with no luck due to many JP only seekers. I get invites but they're very slow. :(

This is vastly huge/correct, compared to Diabolos the JP are extremely active and as long as you make some attempt to be formal with maybe a few words in Japanese, it might actually help land you a spot. Most of my SMN EXP did actually come from JP now that i think about it.
 Siren.Chrichri
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2009-10-16 21:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess we'll see how it turns out. Got the next 2 weeks off and I'll probably spend a good deal of it on ffxi working on this cap.
 Caitsith.Megara
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Megara 2009-10-17 02:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

around 8 p.m. est Thursday there were only 800 or so ppl online on Caitsith, when i first started playing 2 years ago there were 2500+ online most evenings ; ;
 Siren.Drave
By Siren.Drave 2009-10-17 16:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
I've never really considered siren to be that bad, When i came to this server i had only two 75's and every other job was 37. Six months ago i got really bored and took all 37 jobs to 50 and once i hit that area i figured "why not go for Maat's cap".

I never power leveled myself or "cheated" and i actually seeked party on every job... even SMN and BST. I did have to be patient as hell and wait for a long time once in awhile to get invites, but i don't think our server is anywhere near dead or anything.

I also just took SCH from 37 to 70 in a matter of two weeks, and again i did it by seeking. I'm not sure if it's your search comment or whatnot.

I'll admit that it takes a ***ton of patience though and that sometimes the invites might not happen.

it all depends on the time you seek and how long you can play for a month ago it took me 2 weeks to get war from 70-75 because every pt i got invited to disband 10 mins after me getting there and you can only campaign so much as far as the jap players i get invited by them more then the na players (odoroki naze) partys normaly go by whom ever people feel comfy with and seeing how i left siren then came back with new name not to mention 90% of friends quit other 10% are into the whole devote entire time to ls i normaly spend 2hrs or more trying to lvl up a job unless its thf theni just form the party but even then thats a shot in the dark as far as the comment it doesnt matter at this point what you put in there either u gonna get a pt or not my comment is pretty much basic my tnl level sync area access no need going into it i'm not a showboat nor a bragger either u want to invite me or not
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-17 17:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Drave said:
Clinpachi said:

it all depends on the time you seek and how long you can play for a month ago it took me 2 weeks to get war from 70-75 because every pt i got invited to disband 10 mins after me getting there and you can only campaign so much as far as the jap players i get invited by them more then the na players (odoroki naze) partys normaly go by whom ever people feel comfy with and seeing how i left siren then came back with new name not to mention 90% of friends quit other 10% are into the whole devote entire time to ls i normaly spend 2hrs or more trying to lvl up a job unless its thf theni just form the party but even then thats a shot in the dark as far as the comment it doesnt matter at this point what you put in there either u gonna get a pt or not my comment is pretty much basic my tnl level sync area access no need going into it i'm not a showboat nor a bragger either u want to invite me or not

Yeah i think that may even be part of the problem, A lot of my friends quit and a few recently quit as well. For a majority of the parties i did have my fiance and was able to be included on her BRD or WHM. I still have a few friends to rely on so i guess in short it helps to have friends.

The whole comment thing sounds good and if you get a lot of JP parties it sounds like your doing just fine. The only other solution to the problem i can offer is to join a new linkshell and make a few close friends and hope they are in for the long ride on leveling as well.
 Alexander.Hasiano
Server: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-10-17 17:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lowest i've seen on alex is about 900+ people on, most lately is 2500+, mainly durin saturday midday till about 3-4 PM
 Siren.Drave
By Siren.Drave 2009-10-17 17:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha find a Ls eh thats easier said then done, i hardly have time to play as is not to mention i cant find a decent social Ls meaning one with more then 2 people in it>.> lol as far as end game i decided long ago that i am a ah player yea some of the gear be nice but lack of time playing i am not going to be standing in a area waiting on something to pop for my hrs of play time nor am i going to be dinged for not showing up for example last ls i was in i didnt log on for 2 weeks cause wife was in hospital icome back bam ls no more so all my efforts and hard work shot down. not that i am bitter about the gear just that more friends dont play anymore:(
 Siren.Eagleeyes
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-17 18:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i noticed siren being less active

have yet to see a "/sea all" past 2500 in quite a while.
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-10-17 18:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Psh yall ain't got ***on pandy. We're normally rockin around 1.3k
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-10-17 18:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish SE would do something helpful instead of adding fishing to MMM....

like maybe make it so east ronfaure [s] and other starting zones are easier campaign battles so lower levels can do it and you dont have to be 60+ to get any xp

yet we all keep paying and submitting to their lameness
First Page 2