Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Reducing ping from EU - WTFast
Reducing ping from EU - WTFast
By SimonSes 2019-12-26 08:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Im from Poland and my ping is usually around 300. I checked the tracing to SE servers and it goes through USA, which is totally stupid. Distance to Los Angeles (one of the ip on the way was there) is 9600km from my place, then japan is another 8000+ km from Los Angeles. Now from my place to Japan going through Asia its only 8000+ km total, so over 2 times shorter distance. Sounds like better path could reduce my ping by a lot. Does anyone have some experience using WTFast for FFXI maybe?
By Aerison 2019-12-26 09:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I use mudfish to smooth out lag spikes which would DC me, haven't had any issues using it. East Coast USA.

I used to use wtfast for XIV and never had any issues, I just stopped using because of the price. I don't see XI in supported game. but XIV isn't there either. I think they have a trial, won't losing anything trying that. GL
 Bahamut.Pikohan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Pikohan 2019-12-26 10:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, if you truly want the lowest and cheapest path to FFXI from Europe then first start by pinging these IP addresses:
Code

Then assuming your European ISP has around 140ms latency with these 3 servers then your total will be around 165ms as your traffic will start with you then > one of these servers > a Japanese server > FFXI.

In order to do this, first sign up at:

Mudfish VPN

Then download their client at:

Mudfish Download

Once all of that's done, go ahead and edit your profile to "Pay Per Traffic":

1) Click on "Edit Profile":

2) Choose "Pay Per Traffic" and turn on "Expert Mode" then click on "Modify" once you're done:

3) Just to be sure, check that it's "Pay Per Traffic" after clicking "Modify" earlier, if so, click on the pin icon on the top to go back to your dashboard:

4) Now purchase some credit:

5) Pick "USD - US Dollar" as currency then click on 2.99$ and buy that:

6) Assuming you installed Mudfish Launcher, you can run it by clicking on start button and searching Mudfish.

7) Once opened, your browser will open up a new window at 127.0.0.1:8282 which acts as your software. Now go ahead and click on "Setup" -> "Program":

8) In this window, choose the "UDP" option twice then click "Save".

9) Once done, click on "Setup" -> "Nodes":

10) There should be a box where you can type server names or countries to pick from. Click on it and type "Vladi" which then should bring up all Vladivostok servers. Choose any of these 3 servers:

11) Now type "Sakura" and pick "SakuraNet 2":

12) If everything goes right, your "Node Manager" should look like this:

13) Click "Items" -> "Manage Items":

14) Click on the + sign:

15) For "Name" type down anything you want, I chose "FFXI" then for "Routing Path" type:
Code
P:pol.exe
Make sure there's no spaces then press "Add":

16) If all done right, you should find your custom item in your Dashboard like this:

17) Double check that your custom item is correctly configured by clicking on its name and seeing something like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with all of that done, go ahead and make sure you're not running FFXI in the background and press the green "Connect" button. Wait like 10 seconds once the bar fills up to 100% and run FFXI.

You can also press the orange "Disconnect" button while playing FFXI to confirm that Mudfish is running and set up correctly.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-12-27 06:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
goes through USA, which is totally stupid.

I know it seems crazy but I think this was the previous route.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibre-optic_Link_Around_the_Globe#Europe_Asia

But yea you should be able to pay $$$ to to path through Russia. Probably still looking at 190-200ms London-Tokyo through Russia. Slightly less from Poland.
By ashcrow 2019-12-27 09:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

are you guys kidding me vpn fo ffxi!