By Leviathan.Zelllo 2019-12-22 16:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoutouts to Ted Woolsey.
By Onimaru 2019-12-22 16:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty cool at 5:15. TY for the vid.
By Onimaru 2019-12-22 17:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I put it on, but i Wish I could make the font bigger. DUnno how.
 Leviathan.Zelllo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2019-12-22 17:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the UI size settings in windower. I think there is one in the FFXI Config tool too, but I don’t think it is as precise.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-22 19:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice one
By Onimaru 2019-12-22 19:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Zelllo said: »
Use the UI size settings in windower. I think there is one in the FFXI Config tool too, but I don’t think it is as precise.

This was it. It's on windower, yeah.
I set it to 1.5
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-23 00:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

File Path is PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\119\51.dat for those interested. I had to google the .dat location.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-23 03:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the part with the fonts.
 Leviathan.Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2019-12-28 22:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Preview of the next update:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-29 04:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to giving this a go! I'm hoping it works well on larger resolutions.

What's the ETA on the new version?
[+]
 Leviathan.Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2019-12-29 12:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I will probably push it out in the next day or two. I am still hunting a few elusive UI elements to fix.
 Leviathan.Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2019-12-31 03:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pushed the changes to the repo. Cleaned up a lot of the noisy UI images and added some more fonts to places. The nicest part is probably the window mods imo.

FFVI Mod Repo

There's still some more things I want to clean up, but for now, this is looking a lot better.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-12-31 04:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i want this font for my iphone lol
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-31 06:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

NOTE: This is a screenshot from the GBA version of FFVI and not the SNES version of which this font is based. Thought I'd point that out. I just like that the "dancer" in the tavern names her boobies. That is all. Carry on.

[+]
 Leviathan.Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2020-01-02 02:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a video going over the latest version.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-02 13:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like it. Good effort. I'll play with it at least until the version update. When you're moving, names don't really look bad at all (compared to these still screenshots).

Can you make a non-transparent window in black like your dat ROM-0-20.dat please? I like the higher contrast and good lord do I have enough blue FFXI window dats sitting around. The white, very pale green, and very pale yellow text that this game uses (so stupid) in windows is tough to tell apart in your more tiny font. I had a tough time telling which things had sold and which were still listed on the AH just now as I test out your font. That would be the bee's knees. Thanks.

Some people may want static, non-youtube resolution, screenshots so here you go:
[+]
 Leviathan.Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2020-01-02 16:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the names, unfortunately, the names use the same font as like half of the menu text because of the way the game is coded. Then when in 3d space, the viewport transforms the names which results in a horizontal stretch that's worse around the center of your screen and less worse towards the edges. There's not much that can be done about that w/o impacting the menu fonts. I do like the suggestion about turning off names entirely. I've been playing w/ names on pretty much since 2004. I'll have to give turning them off a shot.

As far as the black window in similar style to 20.dat, I'm actually trying it out now after reading your suggestion. It does feel pretty good. I think I'll take some suggestions as to what to do with the remaining 4 windows slots (so any other suggestions PM me, leave a comment on my video, write it on a piece of toilet paper, w/e) and push out this change to the 1 slot for the time being.

You might also try changing your font colors, although, I don't know of a all around better approach off the top of my head. I feel like the design of having the text colored based on it's category is admitting to bad design choices around how much text is flooding the player. I've been struggling with this one myself. Going from a more modern font to an older one has exposed some readability issues for sure. I bring this up because there's a fundamental problem with how data is presented than just making the text readable through more contrast via window colors.

Also thanks for the screenshots! It looks pretty good on your setup.
[+]