Final Fantasy VII

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
Online
Posts: 16847
By Viciouss 2020-03-02 11:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yeah, its really fun. The combat system is solid and enemies are challenging. You aren't gonna steamroll through, actually have to evade and block, so its not a hack and slash.

In related news, SE confirms Red XIII not playable, will appear as guest party member for first game.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
Posts: 13116
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-02 11:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Well that’s too bad. However, given the lateness of his appearance in the Midgar storyline, it does make sense to not spend a bunch of development resources on him for the first game.
[+]
Online
Posts: 16847
By Viciouss 2020-03-02 11:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Not being able to control him is fine, just being a 4th party member will be a huge boost to the group. I wonder if Cait Sith will be a guest member as well.
Offline
Posts: 1961
By Freehugs 2020-03-02 12:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
They might be having some issues trying to get him to be playable and enjoyable to control. if I remember correctly, he does a bunch of flips when he attacks? I still want to pet him.
Online
Posts: 16847
By Viciouss 2020-03-02 12:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I don't think thats the issue, they are saying he appears very late in the Midgar storyline thus isn't going to be a real part of the team until the next game.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-03 07:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
New video they dropped yesterday, Some Tifa action and the Airbuster fight
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Clockworkx
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dartanion
Posts: 6
By Asura.Clockworkx 2020-03-03 07:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Viciouss said: »
I still dont care for the voice over work...probably just play the game in Japanese.

I preordered the us version like everyone else but then saw an asia version on play-asia that has japanese voices with english text. Immediately ordered
 Odin.Pete
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Pete
Posts: 7
By Odin.Pete 2020-03-03 07:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
if you set your console to Japanese it will have the voices in Japanese but still be in english
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15063
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2020-03-03 14:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm running English just in the sense that I'll be streaming the entire game, so I'd rather not have to read EVERYTHING myself to the viewers
 Bahamut.Ravael
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
Posts: 13116
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-17 19:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Uhhhhhhhh, I just got an email from Amazon saying that the release date is now unknown, but I haven’t seen any official news announcements. Say it ain’t so!
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-17 19:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It would be INCREDIBLY stupid to delay the digital release (which would not be surprising for Square)

But I could see them delaying shipping the physical copies. Big fallout right now with gamestop.
Online
Posts: 16847
By Viciouss 2020-03-17 19:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Uhhhhhhhh, I just got an email from Amazon saying that the release date is now unknown, but I haven’t seen any official news announcements. Say it ain’t so!

I think it would come down to how many copies they have already shipped out. They are probably expecting around 10m copies sold in the first few weeks, but they might have to shift to digital.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
Posts: 13116
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-17 21:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm hearing mixed messaging here, but the prevailing message is that Amazon is cutting back on nonessential shipments until at least April 5th due to obvious reasons. I really don't want to cancel it (I landed a Physical Deluxe for really cheap), so I might just have to bite the bullet and wait it out....
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-17 22:43:48
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
Posts: 13116
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-17 23:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Pre-ordered the game on cyber monday on the walmart deal (20% off).

They've cancelled my order and won't let me re-order it for the same price.

Eww, that's pretty bad. Good to know that it's not only Amazon having problems, though. I wonder how GameStop, the Square-Enix Store, and others are handling it.
[+]
Online
Posts: 16847
By Viciouss 2020-03-17 23:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Amazon might miss RE3 and FF7 launch

Hard to criticize, but it sucks all the same. This is why I don't mess with preorders.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
Posts: 13116
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-18 00:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
On an unrelated note, did anyone bother doing the Butterfinger promo to get the DLC PS4 Tifa Theme and extra equipment?
Offline
Posts: 11710
By Draylo 2020-03-18 00:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes I got all of mine yesterday
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
Posts: 13116
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-18 00:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I got the code for the theme a week ago, but just barely got the rest today. It seems that the company handling the promo is having issues due to an unexpectedly large participation.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-18 03:00:25
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: drakelth
Posts: 503
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2020-03-18 03:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
They should release the game early with all the Covid stuff. would make a killing and be fantastic good press.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2020-03-18 14:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 

[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: drakelth
Posts: 503
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2020-03-18 14:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
at least its not getting delayed.
Online
Posts: 16847
By Viciouss 2020-03-22 19:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
On an unrelated note, did anyone bother doing the Butterfinger promo to get the DLC PS4 Tifa Theme and extra equipment?

I picked my Tifa theme up today, thanks for the heads up! I like the Tifa background, but don't really care for the red background when something is selected.

Also, FF7-FF14 combo theme pre order bonus

This is free to anyone that has ff7 preordered and some version of FF14 downloaded/installed. I don't care for it too much, but its there for those that like the whole Warrior of Darkness thing.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1114
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-22 20:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Final Fantasy 7 remake? Oh hells yeah he. . . . I guess I can skip this quest this time around.
From the trailer, it looks like there is no quest anymore and it's just a big old cutscene of super ultra okama-Madame gayness.
Hope I'm wrong on that front... I enjoyed the various miniquests for getting all the stuff so Cloud gets picked.
I am also mixed in regard for who appears to be Mukki getting upgraded from random bodybuilder into Madame of the Honeybee Inn.
Online
Posts: 16847
By Viciouss 2020-03-22 20:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Nah, they have detailed the side missions and their existence. I believe they said they were focusing on quality over quantity.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
Posts: 13116
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-22 21:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
They were hinting at not only multiple outfits for Cloud, but for Aerith and Tifa as well.

Quote:
In #FinalFantasy VII Remake Tifa and Aerith glam themselves up to infiltrate Don Corneo's mansion, and Cloud is left with no choice but to dress to impress… Each character has multiple outfits too!

Given that there is video of Tifa participating in a pull-up contest at the gym, they may have her meet Cloud and Aerith in Wall Market instead of Don Corneo's mansion as that's the only obvious explanation for how she can earn multiple outfits (unless you play as her in her own side quests beforehand).

So yeah, it's possible that the Honeybee Inn itself is more linear due to the... interesting nature of how the original handled it (hello Mukki and the bath scene!), but it sounds like everything else in Wall Market is even more varied than in the original.
Offline
Posts: 1961
By Freehugs 2020-03-30 16:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SE said:
The Final Fantasy VII Remake team have worked extremely hard to make this game and we are incredibly proud of what you are about to play. Our biggest motivator during the development was that so many of you were willing us on, and we felt your enthusiasm and passion every step of the way.

We had some hard decisions to make during the final few weeks before launch due to disruption to distribution channels caused by the spread of the COVID-19 virus. These unique circumstances have made it very difficult to align timing of our global shipping. Our highest priority is that all of you, including those who live in countries currently facing the biggest disruption, can play the game at launch, so we made the decision to ship the game far earlier than usual to Europe and Australia.

As a result, there is a greater chance that some of you in these regions will now get a copy of the game prior to the worldwide release date of April 10. For other western regions, including the Americas, copies will be shipped this week and we feel optimistic that most of you will receive the game for launch day. However, due to the challenging situation we cannot provide delivery dates for each country and each retailer.

We really want all of you looking forward to Final Fantasy VII Remake to play the game on April 10 and experience everything we have been working on, together.

To everyone we would like to ask one big favor.

If you get the game early, please think of others and don’t spoil it for them. We know there are potential spoilers that have been out there for over two decades as the original Final Fantasy VII was released in 1997. But Final Fantasy VII Remake is a new game that still has many surprises for everyone. All our fans and players deserve to experience the game for themselves, and we ask for the support of our dedicated community around the world to ensure that.

On behalf of the entire development team, and everyone around the world that has worked on getting Final Fantasy VII Remake to you all, thanks again for your support, and most importantly, please stay safe.

—Yoshinori Kitase (Producer) and Tetsuya Nomura (Director)
Final Fantasy VII Remake


https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shipping-far-earlier-than-usual-to-europe-and-australia-due-to-coronavirus-disruptions
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
Posts: 13116
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-30 18:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm a little curious about their wording here. Even those with physical discs won't be able to play the game if the initial setup downloads aren't available until the 10th. Are they unlocking those early so that Europeans/Australians are actually able to play immediately, or are the "spoilers" that they're referring to related to datamining?
Offline
Posts: 297
By ashcrow 2020-03-30 22:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Freehugs said: »
SE said:
The Final Fantasy VII Remake team have worked extremely hard to make this game and we are incredibly proud of what you are about to play. Our biggest motivator during the development was that so many of you were willing us on, and we felt your enthusiasm and passion every step of the way.

We had some hard decisions to make during the final few weeks before launch due to disruption to distribution channels caused by the spread of the COVID-19 virus. These unique circumstances have made it very difficult to align timing of our global shipping. Our highest priority is that all of you, including those who live in countries currently facing the biggest disruption, can play the game at launch, so we made the decision to ship the game far earlier than usual to Europe and Australia.

As a result, there is a greater chance that some of you in these regions will now get a copy of the game prior to the worldwide release date of April 10. For other western regions, including the Americas, copies will be shipped this week and we feel optimistic that most of you will receive the game for launch day. However, due to the challenging situation we cannot provide delivery dates for each country and each retailer.

We really want all of you looking forward to Final Fantasy VII Remake to play the game on April 10 and experience everything we have been working on, together.

To everyone we would like to ask one big favor.

If you get the game early, please think of others and don’t spoil it for them. We know there are potential spoilers that have been out there for over two decades as the original Final Fantasy VII was released in 1997. But Final Fantasy VII Remake is a new game that still has many surprises for everyone. All our fans and players deserve to experience the game for themselves, and we ask for the support of our dedicated community around the world to ensure that.

On behalf of the entire development team, and everyone around the world that has worked on getting Final Fantasy VII Remake to you all, thanks again for your support, and most importantly, please stay safe.

—Yoshinori Kitase (Producer) and Tetsuya Nomura (Director)
Final Fantasy VII Remake


https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shipping-far-earlier-than-usual-to-europe-and-australia-due-to-coronavirus-disruptions

OMG SO WE MIGHT HAVE IT DUBAI i had ff15 before the release
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
Log in to post.