2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Packetgate - Results
Packetgate - Results
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-17 14:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

banning 45 people was already WAY more action than I expected them to take, honestly.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-17 14:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about image. Ya'll don't *** loud enough about stuff.

This was bitched about loudly and publicly. If you just let it fade away, they absolutely won't bother with the logs... but if you keep it up they don't have a choice.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-17 14:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
If chocobo blinkers were same as they were before the change everyone in the game would be capped gil.

Wasn't the rate on that a pale caparison to even shields?

(I missed that train at the time, so idk).
Really depended on how fast you could get cruor. iirc it was somewhere around 2.4 gil/cruor conversion and I know someone with decent bots was doing like 300k cruor an hour.

But part of the big plus and rampant abuse here was: 1. Only took a couple of characters bot killing to get that much while the rest of the alliance could be filled with any old thing. 2. There was no cap on cruor so some literally left things on farming 24/7 for weeks before cashing out all at once. Also think you could buy the blinkers a little faster but not sure.

iirc there was an old ah user who was just doing it without botting and only like 8 or so of his own leachers still making a good couple billion a month to sell. And as others have mentioned a lot of players just had a ton so would've cashed out eventually
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-17 14:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
If chocobo blinkers were same as they were before the change everyone in the game would be capped gil.

Really depended on how fast you could get cruor. iirc it was somewhere around 2.4 gil/cruor conversion and I know someone with decent bots was doing like 300k cruor an hour.

But part of the big plus and rampant abuse here was: 1. Only took a couple of characters bot killing to get that much while the rest of the alliance could be filled with any old thing. 2. There was no cap on cruor so some literally left things on farming 24/7 for weeks before cashing out all at once. Also think you could buy the blinkers a little faster but not sure.

iirc there was an old ah user who was just doing it without botting and only like 8 or so of his own leachers still making a good couple billion a month to sell. And as others have mentioned a lot of players just had a ton so would've cashed out eventually

these were also people who charged others to get XP, so they were pocketing THAT profit as well.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-17 14:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss those blinkers...
By Jetackuu 2019-11-17 14:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

At the time people had alot of cruor. Today people are sitting on damn near 400 million cruor if they've been doing voidwatch and ***some have more than that I'm sure. The rate was lower than shield but spark is capped to 100k cruor isn't to my knowledge. I'd be capped gil at this point if I traded it in on the two characters I have.
Ah, VW is a big factor there, missed that train too...
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 14:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This was bitched about loudly and publicly
thats what i'm talking about, there is barely any outrage although there should be in order to pressure SE towards change. even in the current dupe affair you can occasionally find some post that sides with the dupers.

if i'm not mistaken there is a block function on this forum, you don't really need the mods if you can't handle someones posts for what ever reason.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-17 14:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But you don't get to be a whiney *** and annoy the mods if you just use the block button. That's the goal. You get to annoy two people if you stay childish.

Remember kids; the report button is not the "I don't like you" button. And it's not the "downvote" button either.

And I fully agree, there should be more outrage about all the absolute ridiculousness that goes on in game. But when it's constantly met with apathy from square, the only logical outcome is apathy about it in general.

Oh, and couple it with the fact that you CANNOT go on forums and say "I saw taru running too fast, everyone report him!"
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 14:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch out for them nefarious "windower people" guyz. they bad eggs
By Felgarr 2019-11-17 15:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nekseus said: »

Uh?...Byrth said most of them don't play the game. While most are good, he didn't say that a small minority exclusively has stopped searching with each monthly update, for sources of gil or items to sell and supplement their income. Read between the lines.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-11-17 15:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I doubt they need to go through 2 years of logs to catch 99% of the people that did it. It's not like it is something someone would do and then randomly stop doing. Extremely few people can resist free unlimited gil once the tap has been opened, and this was even better than that if they knew how to do alex and crystals etc.

I bet they'd find 99% of people just looking at one months log.

It's fair to say that they were not smart enough to use one-time-only mules for the exploits as a form of misdirection. ...but instead, they duped on their main accounts and with too many items on hand and exploit announced, they decided to make 12 afterglow ochains in the span of a month.

It's like jumping out a 10-story window when you hear the cops coming up the stairs ... (-_-)
[+]
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 15:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Uh?...Byrth said most of them don't play the game. While most are good, he didn't say that a small minority exclusively has stopped searching with each monthly update, for sources of gil or items to sell and supplement their income. Read between the lines.

lol yeah obviously i dont know anything. im just in the same exact chat channel byrth mentioned being in xD
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 15:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

and ftr i still play the game. most of the devs dont though
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-17 15:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yikes this is still going?

To note on the windower people, I have nothing but respect for them. They had no idea about said code. When all this blew up I was trying to recall if I could have leaked it by mistake. In doing so I found I used the code with the improper method of trading in another addon to trade slips/gear to the moogles. I then asked chaiai to remove and I deleted all my messages to not leave any traces. It doesn't matter though, everyone is just making up their own stories with biased assumptions.

I can publicly admit my own fault and say I am sorry to the windower Dev team for any players accusations against them. I have since removed myself from their discord. Good luck guys.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-11-17 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

To note on the windower people, I have nothing but respect for them. They had no idea about said code. When all this blew up I was trying to recall if I could have leaked it by mistake. In doing so I found I used the code with the improper method of trading in another addon to trade slips/gear to the moogles. I then asked chaiai to remove and I deleted all my messages to not leave any traces. It doesn't matter though, everyone is just making up their own stories with biased assumptions.

I can publicly admit my own fault and say I am sorry to the windower Dev team for any players accusations against them. I have since removed myself from their discord. Good luck guys.

I mean if you didn't want it leaked you shouldn't have distirbuted it somewhere. https://pastebin.com/JLYP0G42
By Felgarr 2019-11-17 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you understand what I said.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 15:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Oh, and couple it with the fact that you CANNOT go on forums and say "I saw taru running too fast, everyone report him!"
i assume they try to avoid false accusations motivated by trolls or revenge.
imho there should be exceptions to the player warning rule as soon as you have solid evidence to backup your claim.

STF will ignore you, in game GMs tell you they can't do anything and you can't even shame obvious offenders on the boards. currently there are almost zero repercussions or drawbacks to cheating.
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 15:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

I don't think you understand what I said.

Your wrong. None of them are lacing their pockets to make ends meet. They got better things to do. I'm the only one who is even remotely an "RMT" and half of them hate me for it
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-17 15:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

I mean if you didn't want it leaked you shouldn't have distirbuted it somewhere. https://pastebin.com/JLYP0G42

I would have posted to my account, that isn't my doing whoever posted that link. If you can physically prove I posted that then by all means I will eat my words, if you can't you should think about what you are saying.
By spengler 2019-11-17 15:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really really poorly coded anyways and none of it works anymore so..
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-17 15:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

spengler said: »
Yeah it is ugly as hell as I never had intentions of it going out publicly. Even I think it's trash; it was just meant to do what it does and work for me.
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 15:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not windowers fault Elidyr accidently figured out a bug with the item indexes. Just cause windower defined the fields doesnt make SE's garbage code any of their fault. You all use windower and if not you use ashita. get off your high horses.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-17 15:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically you saying you could make a better code but couldn't?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-17 15:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not windowers fault Elidyr accidently figured out a bug with the item indexes. Just cause windower defined the fields doesnt make SE's garbage code any of their fault. You all use windower and if not you use ashita. get off your high horses.
I agree seems everyone on a high horse about what's used int he game
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 15:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it is ugly as hell as I never had intentions of it going out publicly. Even I think it's trash; it was just meant to do what it does and work for me.

Honestly I found your command handling in that code hilarious but I suck too so no worries.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-17 15:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't it's just to much fun to throw around made up assumptions and get everyone all riled up; even if it makes them look stupid. Either way back out again, this got old when all the fake stories started getting made up and the memes vanished.

Edit: I also don't claim to be a expert at coding, I have spoke with many of the devs about learning more and they all knew so. I have no quarrels admitting my skill level, but I was willing to learn and I enjoy so very much. Just a shame I wont be able to anymore, or atleast not until next year sometime. Assuming my leg isn't amputated, or I get thrown in prison, or what ever other neat stories got made up.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-17 15:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The main mistake SE has made over the years is not sending a C&D to windower / ashita, both have crossed over the lines of 3rd party client pretty heavily.
This is dumb, they would not need to comply.
By Nekseus 2019-11-17 15:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No way jet. That guy clearly knows more than an international game publisher's entire legal department

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31