Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49
By Viciouss 2019-11-09 20:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Even if Trump committed a crime he wouldn't be prosecuted till after he is out of office.

Uh, that's why impeachment exists. Duh
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm trying to say is that it is really hard to get thrown out of office.

Hell if it were easy most of Congress would be in prison for corruption. Bribes. Shady stuff with foreign countries etc.

Both parties do a ton of ***that most people probably will never hear of.

They have a bunch of high paid attorneys and legal counsel to get away with a lot of ***.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Impeachment is a political thing not a criminal case.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The really fun part is if Trump really thought he was going to be convicted in the Senate. He would resign before that even happened.

So technically he wouldn't be thrown out.
By Viciouss 2019-11-09 20:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You know we have like, quite a few politicians sitting in prison right now, right? Hell, 2 out of the last 4 Governors of Illinois went from their nice office in Springfield straight to prison. I think they are both still there.

We have lost one President to impeachment, and his prison cell was being polished up for him, he was saved by a pardon. The vast majority of politicians don't survive felonies
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've learned more away from school than in it.

Take that public education you *** !
I learned a LOT in school. Mostly by reading other stuff that wasn't being taught at the time.

I kinda accidentally destroyed a 5th grade teacher once. I had the textbook propped up on my desk and was lost in the book it was shielding. The teacher sneaked up behind me, snatched up the book, and announced "let's see what miss **** is reading! oh... elementary algebra..."

He gave me the book and walked, defeated, shattered, away.

What I didn't know at the time was it was college level. That's why it was hard I guess.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The really fun part is if Trump really thought he was going to be convicted in the Senate. He would resign before that even happened.

I can't see Trump pulling a Nixon.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

I learned a LOT in school. Mostly by reading other stuff that wasn't being taught at the time.

I kinda accidentally destroyed a 5th grade teacher once. I had the textbook propped up on my desk and was lost in the book it was shielding. The teacher sneaked up behind me, snatched up the book, and announced "let's see what miss **** is reading! oh... elementary algebra..."

What I didn't know at the time was it was college level. That's why it was hard I guess.

I do enjoy chatting with you Chanti.

And I don't always have to post stupid ***. Sometimes I'm in the mood to be serious.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see Trump pulling a Nixon.

No way he would resign but it's always an option.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus who really would want Mike Pence as President. He wouldn't last 90 days.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even think Mike Pence would want to be President. He seems content being VP
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I do enjoy chatting with you Chanti.

And I don't always have to post stupid ***. Sometimes I'm in the mood to be serious.
You blow your cover when you get serious. I like it though.

I don't even think Mike Pence would want to be President. He seems content being VP
He has Nikki Haley on speed dial for his VP.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Both parties need to get younger candidates.

How many 80 year old white man can be President....apparently a lot.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were a Democrats Joe Biden and Bernie would not be on the top of my list.

I'd want someone a lot younger and with more interesting ideas.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Harris. Unfortunately she is sinking.

I do NOT like Biden. But IMHO anything is better than Trump, even a lobotomized chimpanzee. Or Biden.

But yes, both parties need new blood and ideas.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-09 21:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's just too bad that perjury is an actual crime and offending the Democrats isn't.
Trump has perjured himself plenty but I don't think that line will be followed.

Should I ask for examples of actual perjury or would that be hard?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-09 21:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's how Democrats usually win their general elections. Why they have three ancient frontrunners is beyond me.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 21:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to help people in school with research projects. Yea I should seek professional help.

Hell even professional help would work I need FFXIAH help.
By Josiahafk 2019-11-10 02:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

By Eboneezer 2019-11-10 04:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
I've read the article, quite thoroughly. There is nothing indicating Trump is trending upward...
Well I was responding to Vic's mention of the most important stat in the article. You say you read it thoroughly, but it's right there in that 2nd paragraph. If you don't want to do any comparisons that they list, you can just read the line about how Trump's reelection has risen above 40% for the first time. Heyyyy, that stat that we were discussing shows that he is trending upwards. And trending upwards through the first mention of the Ukraine call and also after the Impeachment Inquiry. You'd think it would be heading the other direction. Guess people are seeing the sham for what it really is.

If you look at #13, Trump is 44% favored/somewhat favored and 52% unfavored/somewhat unfavored.

44% favorable, the highest favorable stat of all of the ones mentioned. More people said he was favorable than they said of any of those other candidates. Thanks for finally agreeing that Nausi's statement was correct.

In fact, if you look at that last column with total number of participants, it shows quite clearly that all 1017 responded to each line individually. It wasn't a comparison between candidates and Trump at all.

It absolutely was a comparison between Trump and all of the other candidates. They were comparing their favorability. Trump lead with 44%. Nausi, nor the poll, ever stated that Trump was favored over anyone else. Ya'll made that statement, not him. He said Trump's favorability is higher than all of the other Democratic candidates. If you disagree, point to the dem in the poll that has a higher favorability than Trump's favorability.
By Nausi 2019-11-10 07:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
oops! Taylor admits his source for his claims was that he read it in the NYT.

Scam’s over lefties. Its another nothing burger.

Nothing's over lol, posting facts I don't like from tin foil hat websites isn't going to change anything. It could actually work to do the opposite. Those alt-right sites are doing a great disservice to Trump fans, luring them into a false sense of security.
That “tin foil hat” site references his transcript. How is his own testimony facts I don't like again?
By Nausi 2019-11-10 07:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just too bad that perjury is an actual crime and offending the Democrats isn't.
Trump has perjured himself plenty but I don't think that line will be followed.
No he has not.
By Nausi 2019-11-10 07:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
Lol dont look now but the monmouth poll has trumps favorability above all dem candidates.

Hello 2020 landslide.

lol, blatantly false! Check out your own source:

Just over 4-in-10 (42%) registered voters feel that Trump should be reelected in 2020, while a majority (55%) say it is time to have someone new in the Oval Office.

Might want to read your link again before you incorrectly claim that he's wrong

I've read the article, quite thoroughly. There is nothing indicating Trump is trending upward, nor that he is favored anywhere. If you look at #13, Trump is 44% favored/somewhat favored and 52% unfavored/somewhat unfavored. That same pole compares that against 5 individual democrats. That doesn't mean he's favored above all 5, and believing that is utter ignorance.
Yes it does. 44% is greater that 43% or 42%.

Let me tell you an insight into polling. When they ask people if they prefer someone to some “other” unspecified candidate, it allows people to make that mystery person 100% perfect. Since there is no perfect candidate, once you start actually filling in that candidate with someone like quid pro joe, or crooked hillary, or mayor buttstuff, people actually have to analyze flaws for flaws. Which is why polls that ask that question aren’t really worth anything.
By Nausi 2019-11-10 07:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

oops! Taylor admits his source for his claims was that he read it in the NYT.

Scam’s over lefties. Its another nothing burger.
Nothing's over lol, posting facts I don't like from tin foil hat websites isn't going to change anything. It could actually work to do the opposite. Those alt-right sites are doing a great disservice to Trump fans, luring them into a false sense of security.
No Oz, those websites need to keep beating the drum for Trump and luring his supporters into thinking that his reelection is such a slam dunk that they needn't bother to vote.

Yeah, it's too bad that the majority of media is always saying that it's going to be a slam dunk for the Democrat, drowning out any false sense of security that the Republicans could have had from their handful of Conservative-friendly websites.

But hey, 98.5% chance of Clinton winning, amirite?
Does this actually resonate with them you think?
By Nausi 2019-11-10 08:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeking election assistance from a foreign source, person, corporation, or government IS A CRIME. Defined as such.

Withholding aid appropriated by congress to use as a barging chip for personal political gain IS A DIFFERENT CRIME. Corrupt practices.

Fone, I know you don't like Vic's political stances, but can you help teach him how to argue?
You don’t know the law on this one.

Regardless, Trump didnt seek election assistance, he requested Ukraine look into a possible crime, the evidence for which occurred being Biden on tape bragging about his corruption.

Trump is not obligated to ignore Biden's crimes if it makes him look good politically.

(This is the thesis of the lefts’s argument)
By Nausi 2019-11-10 08:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no need for public education anymore. Kids can learn much better from youtube than they can in these democrat propaganda centers.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2019-11-10 12:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

shout out to all the teachers that told me i couldnt use wikipedia as a reliable source of information too
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2019-11-10 13:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i can learn more on the internet in one late night wikipedia, youtube, google etc hole than i learned in 4 years of the private catholic school my parents sent me to.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-10 14:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
shout out to all the teachers that told me i couldnt use wikipedia as a reliable source of information too

Shout out to Biggie Smalls !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-10 14:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49