Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-09 10:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Democrats like Shiroi gonna support it anyway so it doesn't matter.
There is no democratic party in Canada.

They do have a New Democratic Party.

*whoosh*

Who said anything about Canada?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-09 11:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Nausi said: »
oops! Taylor admits his source for his claims was that he read it in the NYT.

Scam’s over lefties. Its another nothing burger.
Nothing's over lol, posting facts I don't like from tin foil hat websites isn't going to change anything. It could actually work to do the opposite. Those alt-right sites are doing a great disservice to Trump fans, luring them into a false sense of security.
No Oz, those websites need to keep beating the drum for Trump and luring his supporters into thinking that his reelection is such a slam dunk that they needn't bother to vote.

Yeah, it's too bad that the majority of media is always saying that it's going to be a slam dunk for the Democrat, drowning out any false sense of security that the Republicans could have had from their handful of Conservative-friendly websites.

But hey, 98.5% chance of Clinton winning, amirite?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-09 11:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile, the RCP approval rating aggregate for Trump just climbed two points in two weeks. Three of the 10/27-10/30 polls are about to phase out as well, which would bring the RCP average up by another 0.7 (barring the results from whatever new polls pop up). Keep up that impeachment talk, though, it's doing a LOT of good.
[+]
By volkom 2019-11-09 18:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

question ~ what exactly is Trump going to be impeached with? collusion with russia or quid pro quo with ukraine?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 19:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
question ~ what exactly is Trump going to be impeached with? collusion with russia or quid pro quo with ukraine?
Collusion with Russia by Trump cannot be proven. His team, indeed his kids, wanted to collude with Russia it seems but were both incompetent and taken in by low level Russian scammers.

There is this strong, but irrelevant, theme about javankna, Eric Prince and a certain Russian oligarch.

There are three grounds for impeachment that I can see. Obstruction of justice, seeking election assistance from a foreign government (one half of the quid pro quo), and corrupt practices (the other half of the quid pro quo.)

Unfortunately there is no *** involved otherwise it would be a slam dunk.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-09 19:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just too bad that perjury is an actual crime and offending the Democrats isn't.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-09 19:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

He is gonna get hit with at least an abuse of power charge, stopping foreign aid approved by Congress and demanding a bogus investigation into a political opponent is an actual crime. He could get hit with another obstruction charge for refusing to hand over documents, but I think John Roberts is going to compel those documents on his own once it gets to the Senate. He isn't going to buy into any of the debunked arguments that the inquiry is an unfair process.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 19:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's just too bad that perjury is an actual crime and offending the Democrats isn't.
Trump has perjured himself plenty but I don't think that line will be followed.
By Viciouss 2019-11-09 20:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Meanwhile, the RCP approval rating aggregate for Trump just climbed two points in two weeks. Three of the 10/27-10/30 polls are about to phase out as well, which would bring the RCP average up by another 0.7 (barring the results from whatever new polls pop up). Keep up that impeachment talk, though, it's doing a LOT of good.

So it has recovered a little bit after crashing what, almost 4 points, and his disapproval is still the same? Yeah, we are fine with these results. We will always be fine with such a large negative rating.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

He is gonna get hit with at least an abuse of power charge, stopping foreign aid approved by Congress and demanding a bogus investigation into a political opponent is an actual crime. He could get hit with another obstruction charge for refusing to hand over documents, but I think John Roberts is going to compel those documents on his own once it gets to the Senate. He isn't going to buy into any of the debunked arguments that the inquiry is an unfair process.
Jesus freaking Hieronymus Christ Vic. You are almost incoherent. Like take time to organize your thoughts and arguments.

Stopping foreign aid approved by Congress and demanding a bogus investigation into a political opponent are two separate things.

There are reasons why our right wing friends pick on you but not I.

I should rewrite that for you as an example but I won't.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-09 20:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
It's easy Vic is a *** idiot but there are many like him.

I'm not sure how someone with zero self awareness exists...but there are many people just like Vic.

This looks like a whoosh.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Having zero self awarness or anything interesting to say is the norm.

Having independent thoughts that you come up with. Not some talking point from CNN is rare.

Most people never spend enough time in self reflection to put together what they actually think.

Vic is a reactionary always reacting to other people not proactive.

Vic can't tell us what he thinks cause he doesn't think !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how someone with zero self awareness exists...but there are many people just like Vic.
He is self aware. He just doesn't state his arguments well.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks like a whoosh.

No woosh. But it's okay to be ignorant.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The first step is learning how to argue. Maybe we can get him one of those "Arguing for Dummies" books.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-09 20:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus freaking Hieronymus Christ Vic. You are almost incoherent. Like take time to organize your thoughts and arguments.

Stopping foreign aid approved by Congress and demanding a bogus investigation into a political opponent are two separate things.

There are reasons why our right wing friends pick on you but not I.

I should rewrite that for you as an example but I won't.

They aren't two separate things, they are directly related. He stopped the money because he was demanding a bogus investigation.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The first step is learning how to argue. Maybe we can get him one of those "Arguing for Dummies" books.
Careful Fone. Your philosophy degree is showing through.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic... They are related yes. Even entwined. But they are separate crimes.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My problem is I enjoy arguing too much.

But only about pointless things on the internet.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-09 20:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic... They are related yes. Even entwined. But they are separate crimes.

Not really, on their own they aren't crimes. Is it stupid foreign policy absolutely, thats all Trump does. But stopping foreign aid isn't an actual crime, pressuring another country for a bogus investigation is borderline. But when the two are connected, and a quid pro quo is clearly established the way it has been, thats when it becomes an abuse of power.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Constitutional law is a tricky thing Vic. If you actually read (which you don't) you can be impeached for almost anything.

Getting 2/3 of the Republicans to convict Trump. That is a tall order.

Hell unless he goes out and kills someone...even then still probably won't get convicted.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-09 20:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Constitutional law is a tricky thing Vic. If you actually read (which you don't) you can be impeached for almost anything.

Getting 2/3 of the Republicans to convict Trump. That is a tall order.

Hell unless he goes out and kills someone...even then still probably won't get convicted.

Thanks for sharing such insightful information fone.
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It is insightful my one post provided you with more information than all of your 13,000 plus posts combined !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell I can give you all sorts of useless facts and insight. But you just want to argue about poll numbers and phone calls. And bunch of ***that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeking election assistance from a foreign source, person, corporation, or government IS A CRIME. Defined as such.

Withholding aid appropriated by congress to use as a barging chip for personal political gain IS A DIFFERENT CRIME. Corrupt practices.

Fone, I know you don't like Vic's political stances, but can you help teach him how to argue?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeking election assistance from a foreign source, person, corporation, or government IS A CRIME. Defined as such.

Withholding aid appropriated by congress to use as a barging chip for personal political gain IS A DIFFERENT CRIME. Corrupt practices.

Fone, I know you don't like Vic's political stances, but can you help teach him how to argue?

Well the first probably is public education didn't do him any favors.

The second problem is he isn't willing to learn.

Third problem is Vic doesn't do any research or thinking.

Fourth problem is I've run of of things that are problems.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've learned more away from school than in it.

Take that public education you *** !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-09 20:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if Trump committed a crime he wouldn't be prosecuted till after he is out of office.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-09 20:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he thinks. Therefore I think he is.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 47 48 49