Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 47 48 49
By fonewear 2019-10-23 23:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

You could say wait for it...that's the way the cookie crumbles !
By fonewear 2019-10-23 23:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Democrats stand in the way of every attempt to prevent voter fraud, which very much exists and is easy to prove.

Then prove it. I'LL WAIT lol

You can't use "lol" Vic invented that.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-23 23:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll allow it.
By Nausi 2019-10-23 23:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What stops them from voting?

Identification. No one can vote without proof of citizenship.
Isnt citizenship important in regards to voting?
By Nausi 2019-10-23 23:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Waitafrickingminute.

What makes you think all those illegals didn't vote republican?

"Hey kid, want an easy $50? Take this card, vote republican."

It happens all over by your standards.
If that was rampant, why would republicans push for voter Id?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-23 23:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Waitafrickingminute.

Umm because Democrats are promising to disband ICE and full legalization for all illegals while Republicans are promising the exact opposite. Really strong incentive for illegals to vote Democrat.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-23 23:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and apparently California thinks it can sign and enter into international treaties and accords on their own.

Guys these are the true faces of Democrats in the USA.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-10-24 02:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Oh and apparently California thinks it can sign and enter into international treaties and accords on their own.

Democrats are so batshit crazy these days that I will literally vote for anyone other than them....
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-24 07:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pelosi stated today “none of us came to congress with the intent to impeach the president”

What a fool.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-10-24 08:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh...What?!?!

In many states no ID is required. I live in NY everytime I go to vote all I have to do is sign a book and they give me a ballot. Not one time have I ever had to prove citizenship. In NY you could take the name of any registered voter and just sign the book and vote. They outlawed voter id here years ago. Why do you think the dems would do that? I am being serious here. Why would you not want id checks?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-24 08:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »

Democrats are so batshit crazy these days that I will literally vote for anyone other than them....

Their straight up ignoring the rules and doing whatever they think will give them an edge in 2020, then relying on their PR arm, CNN and MSNBC, to cover their butts.

The California issue is a clear example of this, California is for all intends and purposes a single party state similar to China. There is only the Democratic party and their leadership controls all the political assignments in the state. Displease them and they replace you in the next election if not sooner. They can alter and change any political position in the state because they control which names get on the tickets. Voting is basically just ceremonial now. Now California didn't like that the US President they didn't like is reascending policies of the former President which they did like. Their response is to insist those policies still exist because California didn't agree to have them removed, and then go further and start entering into international treaties and accords with other countries around those policies.

Now I'm 100% for state autonomy and if California wants to continue destroying it's economy it an go right ahead. There is an exception to this and it's because the US Constitution clearly and without exception empowers the federal government with the sole power to engage in and negotiate international treaties and accords. This is one of the original pure functions of the federal government, to regulate interstate commerce and present a single entity for dealing with other countries.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-24 08:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Uhhhh...What?!?!

In many states no ID is required. I live in NY everytime I go to vote all I have to do is sign a book and they give me a ballot. Not one time have I ever had to prove citizenship. In NY you could take the name of any registered voter and just sign the book and vote. They outlawed voter id here years ago. Why do you think the dems would do that? I am being serious here. Why would you not want id checks?

Yep the hard liberal states have these rules to guarantee they maintain a majority. A few thousand illegals voting, while having almost zero impact on national elections, can have huge impacts on local elections. After all it's the state congress's that determine election maps and state laws.
By Viciouss 2019-10-24 08:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh...What?!?!

New York did not "outlaw voter ID," they simply only require an ID one time, the first time you vote in the state. After that, your registered and no longer need ID for each election. Saevel is of course, lying.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-24 08:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Michael moore stumping for Bernie, says post heart attack bernie could beat him in a race.

(Please vote for communism)
By fonewear 2019-10-24 08:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh...What?!?!

I've voted in many elections not once did they ask me for my Driver's License.

All they did was ask me to sign a piece of paper.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-24 08:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you can't get a valid ID you probably shouldn't vote...you have proved you are lazy or stupid or both !

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-24 09:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Its time to wall off California and let them rot.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-24 09:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I've voted in many elections not once did they ask me for my Driver's License.

All they did was ask me to sign a piece of paper.

Yeah but have you logged onto Shiva recently?
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-24 09:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes...it is crucial. Which is why a person cannot vote without presenting ID as proof of citizenship.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-24 09:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Waitafrickingminute.

Umm because Democrats are promising to disband ICE and full legalization for all illegals while Republicans are promising the exact opposite. Really strong incentive for illegals to vote Democrat.

...and yet that isn't happening outside the minds of loons.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-24 09:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes...it is crucial. Which is why a person cannot vote without presenting ID as proof of citizenship.
You do not need ID to vote in a united states federal election.

Are you kidding me?
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-24 10:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh...What?!?!

ID checks are mandatory, and if your state isn't requiring this it is something you need to report. I've always been required to provide ID, as should be.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-24 10:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh...What?!?!

Yep the hard liberal states have these rules to guarantee they maintain a majority. A few thousand illegals voting, while having almost zero impact on national elections, can have huge impacts on local elections. After all it's the state congress's that determine election maps and state laws.

100% false. A simple scapegoat to blame when the election results don't go the way you want.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-24 10:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

In Oz’s head, there ARE mandatory voter ID laws in place and to suggest otherwise is some right wing conspiracy?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-24 10:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh...What?!?!

ID checks are mandatory, and if your state isn't requiring this it is something you need to report. I've always been required to provide ID, as should be.

Oh good, so you're in favor of Republican-backed voter ID laws, then. Because there are 15 states + Washington D.C. where no ID is required at the ballot box.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-24 10:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not need ID to vote in a united states federal election.

Are you kidding me?

Well, my state always has...I can't speak for other states, but then anyone could vote. I wonder how many Russians Trump had to fly over in 2016. :p
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-24 10:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Uhhhh...What?!?!

Oh good, so you're in favor of Republican-backed voter ID laws, then. Because there are 15 states + Washington D.C. where no ID is required at the ballot box.

100% in favor of. I'm not 100% left-leaning, I tend to fluctuate. There are some good things about the right, and requiring voter ID is a great one.

Also, I don't see Trump as Republican. He's his own bizarre party that is anti-American.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2019-10-24 10:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh...What?!?!

Most states don't require ID to vote because it's a form of voter disenfranchisement. There are plenty of studies showing how a significant number of registered voters in areas with those laws do not have a valid form of ID required (whether their ID is expired or not an accepted form, they're unable to afford an ID, etc). These laws are known to disproportionately affect minorities and poor people more than white and non-poor people. Since minorities and poor people tend to vote more Democratic and white/wealthier people tend to vote more Republican, you can see why these laws are stricter in redder states.

Voter impersonation, the only thing these ID laws would prevent, is extremely rare. The penalties-- up to 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine-- are severe enough that people (especially undocumented migrants) wouldn't dare risk it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 47 48 49