Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 47 48 49
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-05 17:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Another nothing burger debunked.

lol twitter source
By Viciouss 2019-11-05 17:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Meadows cherry picking Sondlands opening paragraph is cute and all, but he isn't fooling anyone. Why doesn't he post the rest of the testimony?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-05 18:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Another nothing burger debunked.

Funny thing is that after some "encouragement" from Schiff and friends, he later altered his testimony.

Yeah... it doesn't work that way. I mean you can clarify a statement but you can't just erase the previous one in the process.

He bluntly stated he did not know and still did not know if there was any quid pro quo and just presumed there might be.

So yeah, feelings aren't facts, if they were then Hillary would now be the President due to the sheer amount of hate from the left, as seen on this site.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-05 18:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly it does work that way because it happened. Reality blows!
By volkom 2019-11-05 18:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i can't wait for these hearings to be televised
By Viciouss 2019-11-05 18:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Same. Next week they are saying.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-05 18:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if the Dems had done this correctly, voted and affirmed an open bipartisan panel where both parties could participate, then it could be.

As of now I take anything, and I mean anything, done in secret behind "closed doors" where only Democrats can ask questions to a witness they already coached, to be extremely suspect.

I mean the dude straight up said multiple times there wasn't any thing illegal going on, then Schiff and friends pressured him and he suddenly had a change of memory and said he believed there was. Of course he couldn't say exactly what made him thing there was, only that he really positively thought there was. That more then anything casts an even bigger shadow over the whole thing.

CNN and MSNBC are going full ham on the whole thing with the talking heads agreeing that Drump is done, so I don't doubt that true blue Democrat voters are gonna hate Trump even more and vote Democrat, won't change much in the long run though.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-05 18:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Well if the Dems had done this correctly, voted and affirmed an open bipartisan panel where both parties could participate, then it could be.

As of now I take anything, and I mean anything, done in secret behind "closed doors" where only Democrats can ask questions to a witness they already coached, to be extremely suspect.

Got another laugh out of this. Once again, Saevel is lying every time he tries to say that only Dems can ask questions.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-05 18:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

100% false. They've already released transcripts and shown that both Democrat and Republican house members were given equal time to question the ones being deposed.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-05 19:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

100% false. They've already released transcripts and shown that both Democrat and Republican house members were given equal time to question the ones being deposed.
The republicans wasted their time grandstanding. If they asked no questions its because they didn't want the answers.
By Viciouss 2019-11-05 19:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

All that matters is they are being given their 5 minutes per Rep to ask questions. Its been a fair process from Day 1, no amount of made up drivel can change it.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-05 19:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
All that matters is they are being given their 5 minutes per Rep to ask questions. Its been a fair process from Day 1, no amount of made up drivel can change it.
But they will keep making drivel up.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-05 19:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Viciouss said: »
But they will keep making drivel up.

Oh, everyday.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-05 20:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, is Mah Russia 2.0 still a thing? How cute.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-05 20:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If Trump can't do it it can't be done !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2019-11-05 20:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Let's be serious, Trump Jr doesn't know how to write.

Neither do you so what's your point ?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-05 20:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait to read your book. How to build an igloo in 36 easy steps !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-05 20:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Oh, is Mah Russia 2.0 still a thing? How cute.

It's a virtual insanity !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-05 22:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Great night for the Dems at the ballot box, flipping both Virginia houses blue giving them total control of their state, and ousting the Kentucky governor that Trump pulled out all the stops for.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-06 04:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get too cocky yet. I found a fun little quote on USA Today that references a recent New York Times poll:

Quote:
The Times said the results of the poll "suggest that the president’s advantage in the Electoral College relative to the nation as a whole remains intact or has even grown since 2016, raising the possibility that the Republicans could – for the third time in the past six elections – win the presidency while losing the popular vote."

And The Times said the results showed "little evidence that any Democrat, including Mr. Biden, has made substantial progress toward winning back the white working-class voters who defected to the president in 2016."
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-06 07:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

But muh popular vote.

Imagine if after 4 years lefties STILL didnt get how the country worked.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-06 08:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump won the popular vote if you remove the 40 million illegal voters. right?

Nope just remove the single party state of California.

The margin inside California was larger then the margin from the rest of the nation.

That reason is precisely why the founders setup the electoral college in the first place, except back then it was Virginia vs everyone else. The smaller colonies were concerned that huge populated colonies, like Virginia, would have such a large say that they would dominate the federal elections, and they were right. Virginia said that due to it's population it represented more citizens and *should* have a bigger say then a small colony like Delaware, again they were right. The compromise was the bicameral system we have now, House of Representatives being determined by population, Senate being a fixed two members per state, and the President being elected by both combined.

Yes that's right, originally the President would be elected by both the House and Senate and not by the population at all, in fact the Constitution doesn't say anything about the voting for the President only Congress, like the Supreme Court the President is an artifact generated by the elected representatives of Congress. Now the idea of Congress electing the person who would hold Veto power over them was seen as a conflict of interest, how could the President keep Congress in check if they were beholden to Congress to get elected. So instead it was decided a temporary once-per-election body of representatives would be elected in each state totally a number equal to their Congressional representatives, and that body would then go and elect the President. We now call that body the Electoral College.

Traditionally people didn't vote for the President, the ballots didn't even have the candidates names on them. Instead a list of college nominees would be on the list, the people would vote for the nominee they thought would represent them the best. That elected body would then go to Washington DC and the Presidential Candidates would give speeches to them and try to convince this body to vote for them. Seriously that's how it was done back then.

Eventually nominee's started identifying themselves with parties, "I'm Greg Brown and if you elect me I'll vote for <insert president candidate here>". And then it was off to the races as each State started passing laws requiring that Electoral College representatives vote for which Presidential Candidate has the most votes, then they put the Candidates directly on the ballots. If an electoral college nominee voted against those laws, they would be put in jail. The Supreme Court ruled that was unconstitutional but States weren't going to remove the laws saying as such and now we have the "winner takes all" system in most places.

So Canadian, please tell us more about our own electoral system that has seen the weakest nation in the world rise to become the strongest in two centuries.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-06 08:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol wow.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-06 08:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope just remove the single party state of California.

The margin inside California was larger then the margin from the rest of the nation.

That reason is precisely why the founders setup the electoral college in the first place, except back then it was Virginia vs everyone else. The smaller colonies were concerned that huge populated colonies, like Virginia, would have such a large say that they would dominate the federal elections, and they were right. Virginia said that due to it's population it represented more citizens and *should* have a bigger say then a small colony like Delaware, again they were right. The compromise was the bicameral system we have now, House of Representatives being determined by population, Senate being a fixed two members per state, and the President being elected by both combined.

Yes that's right, originally the President would be elected by both the House and Senate and not by the population at all, in fact the Constitution doesn't say anything about the voting for the President only Congress, like the Supreme Court the President is an artifact generated by the elected representatives of Congress. Now the idea of Congress electing the person who would hold Veto power over them was seen as a conflict of interest, how could the President keep Congress in check if they were beholden to Congress to get elected. So instead it was decided a temporary once-per-election body of representatives would be elected in each state totally a number equal to their Congressional representatives, and that body would then go and elect the President. We now call that body the Electoral College.

Traditionally people didn't vote for the President, the ballots didn't even have the candidates names on them. Instead a list of college nominees would be on the list, the people would vote for the nominee they thought would represent them the best. That elected body would then go to Washington DC and the Presidential Candidates would give speeches to them and try to convince this body to vote for them. Seriously that's how it was done back then.

Eventually nominee's started identifying themselves with parties, "I'm Greg Brown and if you elect me I'll vote for <insert president candidate here>". And then it was off to the races as each State started passing laws requiring that Electoral College representatives vote for which Presidential Candidate has the most votes, then they put the Candidates directly on the ballots. If an electoral college nominee voted against those laws, they would be put in jail. The Supreme Court ruled that was unconstitutional but States weren't going to remove the laws saying as such and now we have the "winner takes all" system in most places.

So Canadian, please tell us more about our own electoral system that has seen the weakest nation in the world rise to become the strongest in two centuries.

Massive whoosh here.

Must have been the Crown Apple talking.
By Nausi 2019-11-06 08:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain to me what’s stopping them from voting? Because it isnt ID
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-06 08:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

The republicans wasted their time grandstanding. If they asked no questions its because they didn't want the answers.

Incorrect, Republicans can only ask questions after Schiff has personally approved those questions, and the answers to them. This was caught on transcript once when a Republican committee member asked a question that hadn't been approved, about who a witness had discussed these events with after they witness'ed them, and Schiff jumped up and yelled for the witness not to answer the question, then called a break.

All Republicans can do is grand stand because anything substantial is denied ahead of time.

Again a bipartisan committee where both majority and minority parties have the ability to call witness's and independently question witness's. Nothing is kept secret and all is televised live on CPAN. This keeps everyone and everything honest and above board, instead of being a one sided political theater show.

But lets be honest for second, this has zero change of going through the Senate. Pelosi and Schiff know this, they know that they aren't going to get President Trump removed via Impeachment. Knowing all this, why are they carrying on with this farce? Simple, political theater and opposition research. The 2020 general election has already begun with Donald Trump on one side and an as-yet-to-be-named Democrat candidate on the other. The candidate doesn't matter because they are just a puppet and place holder for the Democrat party. The Democrats are using this as a vehicle to sling mud at President Trump and as a fishing expedition in an attempt to find ~something~ that might be effective at unseating his political base. See that electoral college I explained earlier ensures a balance in the political system, one party can't bribe and bully their way long term. Donald Trumps support is in the large number of regular working class voters who really don't like being condescended to by the metropolitan political elites. The college ensures those voters have a voice and collectively it's a large voice.

State Level

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/president

3D map at a county level showing the size of the voter margin.

https://chartedterritory.us/2018/04/21/2016-election-in-maps-3d-county-map-of-votes/

It's pretty obvious that the lefts power is exclusively concentrated in a handful of places across the US. Chiefly the coastal areas around California and New York. That huge ocean of red across the middle and around the edges, those people have voices too and the liberals, including you, have been calling them deplorables non-stop for over a decade now. Those are the people that Pelosi and Schiff are trying to find a way to change.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-06 08:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its outright laughable how much dems are betting on the farm AGAIN, on this obvious witch hunt.

He isn’t going anywhere people. You’re going to have to vote him out, and that isnt going to happen either.

1 more year until 4 more years!
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 47 48 49