Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-06-20 19:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 373931

I have tried with those pieces as war/mnk fencer build on Emperor Arthro and iirc the counter rate was not this bad. That was not a deeper test tho.

(Cause bored only) I also tried to mix shield block rate with agoge mufflers and adapa shield, and its actually satisfying to see a mix of counter/block/retaliation procs lol
By Pilipinoboi 2020-06-25 02:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just double checking, page 1 on H2H had Dragon Kick listed but is showing the Raging Fists equipset. I assume Dragon Kick would be similar to Upheaval build?
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-25 09:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
Just double checking, page 1 on H2H had Dragon Kick listed but is showing the Raging Fists equipset. I assume Dragon Kick would be similar to Upheaval build?

I don't think War can use Dragon Kick. They can use Tornado Kick, 3-hits replicating http://ftp. It's much better to use multi-hit on TK. However I think Raging Fists would be better overall.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-06-25 19:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

war can use dragon kick with hep. bagnackers
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-06-25 22:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea and it does pretty good, I used my mistral axe set for it.
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 18:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sangarius is the best offhand for decimation now. increases average WS numbers as well as TP speed.

Loxotic mace for Judgment and black halo spam for when you need blunt and are not /mnk.

Seething bomblet seems solid for hybrid set. Lose aurg but gain ioskeha back? slight win for seething.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-14 18:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it was posted. But when reprisal procs for me with Adapa Shield it adds +75 Shield Skill. It isn't PLD exclusive lmao.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-07-31 12:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing with Sangarius +1. Wow what an awesome offhand. It is actually a really good mainhand weapon for fencer build war for SB spam. Not as good as naegling, but not very far behind. the MA on it is nuts.

Loxotic +1 is a great blunt option. Deff our best
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-31 13:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you trying to make ranged sets on war, like myself, and are sick of waiting for that volte piece to drop from dyna, Alhazen Hat +1 looks great for Racc with +70 and +30 base stats.
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-15 21:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajamu said: »
Also I am gonna use sangarius +1 fully augmented in mainhand/Zantetzuken in the offhand. How is this combination or is there something better?

For Vorpal Blade spam, I'd do Reikiko+Sangarius.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-08-16 00:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I have some more questions concerning a dual wield build /NIN. I just can't get my head around what somebody recently said to me after me playing this game for years and making sure dual wield is capped in gear.
Grab your friend and slap some sense into them. For DW you should deff cap your delay using DW. How much DW will depend on if you have haste samba or not. You can build a set for it, up to you. I would just go /dnc and not use any DW if you know ahead of time you have a DNC coming. Then use your fighters or non fighters roll sets. Granted, if you know you are going to have a dnc, Then the h2h build and the fencer builds will beat out DW. Savage blade spam when you have a real dancer is hilarious.

You should always try to get fighters roll going with your sets if attack cap allows (usually does). So build a set for when you have fighters roll and a set for when you dont.

Now that someone told me it is better to gear DA to 100% and use sam's roll with chaos roll or tacticians roll instead of fighters roll and apparently doing this will require 67% DA in gear
I wouldnt listen to that person if they say stupid stuff like that lol.

Chaos roll if you need attack, fighters roll if you dont. tacticians will get you like 50-100 TP at best per WS cycle. Fighters will get you like 200+ and add a TON of dmg . The extra TP from tacticians is unlikely to take an attack round off of your build and extra TP does very little for DPS on vorpal. Using tacticians is maybe SLIGHTLY better than not doing any roll.

Can get some oddball situations where runist/allies/monks are the better choice for a second roll, but that is fairly rare.

If you are hell bent on verbal. The rogues roll is a good option.
By SimonSes 2020-08-16 03:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Chaos roll if you need attack, fighters roll if you dont. tacticians will get you like 50-100 TP at best per WS cycle. Fighters will get you like 200+ and add a TON of dmg . The extra TP from tacticians is unlikely to take an attack round off of your build and extra TP does very little for DPS on vorpal. Using tacticians is maybe SLIGHTLY better than not doing any roll.

This is true if you keep fighting same target, but if its something like dynamis, when you have some downtime between mobs, especially with lag, tactician will give you way more than 50-100 TP. Fighters should still be better, but it kinda depends what other DD is with you in party. For example mythic DRK or Savage KC ranger dont want Fighters at all.
By HyperKTM 2020-08-20 12:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What's current bis tp set for naegling/ kclub on warrior and current bis savage set
 Asura.Crowned
Server: Asura
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-08-20 13:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

K club set should look something like this. Honestly k club is pretty *** on war. 33% DA before any gear really cockblocks k club's potential.

ItemSet 375014

Savage blade set:

ItemSet 375015
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-20 13:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

HyperKTM said: »
What's current bis tp set for naegling/ kclub on warrior and current bis savage set

-Savage Blade is on the first page.

-As for the KC set you want to stack a ton of store tp, cap dual wield (based on your haste buffs), probably throw in some Subtle Blow via Chirich Rings+1.

You may wish to avoid multi attack where you can. WAR's traits with just gifts will favor double attack.

I'm not gonna do all the work for you :P
By Crossbones 2020-08-20 15:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The way you use KC on WAR is you change your main job.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-20 17:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Note that with KClub offhand, I suspect that spamming Decimation as fast as possible would win. Savage Blade is meh at 1k TP and even with KClub, waiting for 2k might reduce the dps enough to make it worth going Dolichenus.
By Spaitin 2020-08-20 18:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Note that with KClub offhand, I suspect that spamming Decimation as fast as possible would win
KC and wars 33 naked DA are not good friends.

To make the build really shine, you just take off KC and add fernagu. Or go fencer build and get a real dnc.

But if you are hellbent on KC. then basically get a set that has ZERO multi attack in it and stack as much STP as possible.
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-08-23 19:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best offhand right now for Loxotic Mace +1? Fencer build is what I'm using right now with Blurred Shield +1 but I feel like /nin and dual wielding has potential to outshine fencer. I was thinking in order to make it worth getting rid of 7% WS damage, we'd have to make up for it with something like Barbarity +1 or Ternion Dagger +1 R15. Maybe even Sangarius +1 R15? Acc will be an issue with Barbarity +1, and WSD is 2% less on Ternion but much lower delay and higher ACC than Blurred Shield +1. Pretty mixed on what would win out over the other.
By Crossbones 2020-08-23 20:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

TP bonus offhand axe? What ws are you trying to use?
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-23 22:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
But if you are hellbent on KC. then basically get a set that has ZERO multi attack in it and stack as much STP as possible.

And at that point Savage Blade sucks and Decimation is tons better, was my point

Aricomfy said: »
What's the best offhand right now for Loxotic Mace +1?

For Judgment:
- if you can land hits with it reliably, TP Bonus axe will obliterate everything else.
- if you cannot, R15 Sangarius +1 or R15 Ternion Dagger +1 will win over everything else but are probably somewhat close together (my money is on dagger tho)

For Black Halo:
- stop using Black Halo and just spam Judgment instead
- otherwise, same as above

For Hexa Strike:
- again, close between Sang and Tern, but in this case I'd say Sang is probably slightly above.
- can't use HS with Loxotic tho, need Beryllium - which isn't half bad, but Loxotic is better and Judgment will win.
- I'd recommend to not bother with this outside of Blood Rage tbh

For Realmrazer:
- go to MH and change jobs. I heard people like MNK lately.

Flash Nova:
- why do you hate yourself
- on a more serious note, I suspect this might actually end up doing some decent damage with MAB buffs
- note that if you need an elemental WS and you have MAB buffs on, Cloudsplitter with TP bonus axe will win by a million miles
- then again target might absorb thunder I guess

That last point is now making me wonder what's 2nd best elemental WS after Cloudsplitter that we have access to.

EDIT: I suspect it might actually be Shadow of Death
By Aricomfy 2020-08-23 23:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
TP bonus offhand axe? What ws are you trying to use?

Judgement. Black Halo is pretty competitive with it but Judgement still wins 99% of the time.

Lili said: »
For Judgment:
- if you can land hits with it reliably, TP Bonus axe will obliterate everything else.
- if you cannot, R15 Sangarius +1 or R15 Ternion Dagger +1 will win over everything else but are probably somewhat close together (my money is on dagger tho)

For Black Halo:
- stop using Black Halo and just spam Judgment instead
- otherwise, same as above

Sadly, both Club and Dagger are B- in skill rating, so ACC is a concern from the start unless we use a sushi and get some madrigals. I'm kind of leaning into Ternion for this, since it retains some WSD and then when R15'd, you get 40 more ACC on top of the 27 it naturally has. I might need to do some more testing but from my experience, 2K or 3K TP doesn't really change the damage all that much. I'll probably head out and give it a proper test though before I'm certain that that's the case. Judgement's WS set is going to float roughly around 1100 ACC give or take depending on your set and that's with the R15 club and without an offhand. Based on that number, would you consider using the TP bonus weapon feasible?

Edit: I did some crappy testing and it seems to be about a 6-7K damage increase to WS at 2/3K TP. This was on Apex Leeches and Chapulis with fighter's roll, honor march, 2 minuets and a madrigal, so acc wasn't an issue. I did some more testing with offhand combos and it does seem even with the +28 STR and +8 WSD from barbarity, the TP offhand axe will pull ahead by about 3 or 4K damage. Only thing is, offhand axe is way slower than dagger which is a bummer.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-24 10:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of pure power while dual wielding, Judgement is stronger. Black Halo has better SC properties though (Fragmentation vs Impaction), which may or may not be important.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-08-24 10:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
In terms of pure power while dual wielding, Judgement is stronger. Black Halo has better SC properties though (Fragmentation vs Impaction), which may or may not be important.
Black Halo <=> Realmrazer is light.
It's not as important on Warrior than it is on White Mage, especially considering how TP bonus offhand is great for one of those WS and useless for the other.
For White Mage (And I would presume Geo as well) a self double light SC is generally enough to solo a Dynamis Wave2 mob, but those jobs obviously have a lot more SC freedom. In general I think WAR is going to be totally fine spamming Judgement.
By Crossbones 2020-08-24 10:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is judgement the best blunt option for war or only when not /mnk?
By SimonSes 2020-08-24 11:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: I did some crappy testing and it seems to be about a 6-7K damage increase to WS at 2/3K TP. This was on Apex Leeches and Chapulis with fighter's roll, honor march, 2 minuets and a madrigal, so acc wasn't an issue. I did some more testing with offhand combos and it does seem even with the +28 STR and +8 WSD from barbarity, the TP offhand axe will pull ahead by about 3 or 4K damage. Only thing is, offhand axe is way slower than dagger which is a bummer.

Saying how much more k you do at 3000 TP without saying how much you do at 2000TP is totally useless information, since it can be 6-7k increase from 10k to 16k-17k or 6-7k increase from 80k to 86k-87k. Thats why people use % increase. Also you dont really need to chekc it in practice. You have fTP listed on bg wiki.

3000TP 12fTP
2000TP 8.75fTP

~37% increase in damage on first hit (so in reality slightly less increase in total WS damage since first hit will be like 90-95% of whole damage).

Judgement's WS set is going to float roughly around 1100 ACC give or take depending on your set and that's with the R15 club and without an offhand. Based on that number, would you consider using the TP bonus weapon feasible?

WS set is not really important here. You only care for main hit on ilvl119 club with 100acc bonus, so it shouldnt be a problem to land it. The limiting part is accuracy on TP set and if you can land hits with tp bonus axe.
By Crossbones 2020-08-24 11:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never known WAR to be an acc starved job in TP set, each core piece has at least 40-50 acc so should be fine offhanding TP bonus. Not being able to oddhand the magian axe seems like it would be more rare than not (so like wave 3 dyna, maybe some ambu).
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17