September 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-10 01:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's literally tailor made for red mage with all of that accuracy and magic accuracy for enspells. The damage limit+ stat seems like a wasted idea, but the other stats certainly make it a valuable set to own

I lean more toward physical damage builds when high buffed, so this works great for savage/cdc builds.

Rdm is store tp starved in most cases, I would like to see how the physical damage 20% stacks up with the loss of attack though.

regardless, I will farm that damn bcnm 500 times on VE if I have to in order to get that set
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-09-10 01:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Known Issues

* There are currently no known issues.

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-10 01:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
I feel like SE finally realized rdm was in a terrible spot for a very long time and now they are going overboard....
Feels like this really is the case. Not complaining though.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-10 01:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I feel like SE finally realized rdm was in a terrible spot for a very long time and now they are going overboard....
Feels like this really is the case. Not complaining though.
Me either, I have been rdm for about 13 years, even played it through the dark ages (everything past level 75 cap until recently) I am damn near heart attack levels of joy over this set.
By Shichishito 2019-09-10 01:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

is "Physical damage limit +4%" 4% more max damage you can deal or receive?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 01:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

"A battle mechanic where a circle will appear that you need to avoid"

Oh, are we playing FF14 now?
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-10 01:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Quote:
Known Issues

* There are currently no known issues.

[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-10 01:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Isn't that a bit like what they did in the WotG Lilith battle and in the Voidwatch final boss?
[+]
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-10 01:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"Physical damage limit +4%" is +0.04 to your pdif cap.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 01:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I had quit for the entirety of wotg. But it's still hilarious.
By Aerix 2019-09-10 01:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Shiva.Kohh said: »
Siren release? thats pretty cool, SE adding new avatars, SMN BURN ALL THINGS?!?
I keep thinking about Siren and what the hell it'll actually do. Just making another avatar that does wind damage would be stupid, but I could see them doing that because SE.

Siren might be the first Avatar with a decent piercing-damage BP.

The 5/5 set does lack attack and stats, but I am more concerned about anything of the lack of store tp options rdm gets, especially with the haste starve.
The set has 50 store tp, capped haste in itself. Paired with kirin belt, ambu cape, sherida, and ilabrat, that is 81 store tp on a job that comes with 36 triple attack from a spell.

How are you getting 36% TA? As far as I know the current limit is 630 Enhancing skill, i.e. 33% TA.
By Shichishito 2019-09-10 01:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

its awesome, it be even more awesome if it wouldn't show a message in chatlog just to spit in react users faces.
 Ragnarok.Takomunch
Server: Ragnarok
user: lyrminas
By Ragnarok.Takomunch 2019-09-10 01:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg this set /gasms
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-10 01:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
I keep thinking about Siren and what the hell it'll actually do. Just making another avatar that does wind damage would be stupid, but I could see them doing that because SE.

The 5/5 set does lack attack and stats, but I am more concerned about anything of the lack of store tp options rdm gets, especially with the haste starve.
The set has 50 store tp, capped haste in itself. Paired with kirin belt, ambu cape, sherida, and ilabrat, that is 81 store tp on a job that comes with 36 triple attack from a spell.

How are you getting 36% TA? As far as I know the current limit is 630 Enhancing skill, i.e. 33% TA.

My bad, you are right, I was a bit over zealous there and was thinking 630 and reversed some numbers
However If you use hetairoi ring, that is triple attack damage and 2% triple attack for a total of 35% triple attack
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-09-10 01:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So you won't have access to the fight until you finish that mission line. Have fun with the long *** cut scenes /comfort
By Aerix 2019-09-10 01:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from STR and Subtle Blow, the Bastok Volte set has been completely destroyed for all the jobs listed on the Spitewarden set. Those stats are just crazy.

And don't even get me started on Daybreak. That's easily beyond REMA tier with MEVA, Refresh, Cure Potency+30%, Dispelga, best main for MND-scaling enfeebles and strongest nuking weapon with Ammurapi Shield.

There's a small chance the MDMG might even put it ahead of Lathi A+Enki for BLM with regard to pure damage. It sure as hell already wins as far as MACC is concerned.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-09-10 01:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like this set will be nice with mythic AM3 making up for the lack of multihit? Should be great with Terps for instance.
By Tarage 2019-09-10 01:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »

Oh ***I didn't even think about that. That'd be awesome!
By SimonSes 2019-09-10 01:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy *** :O Blu just went from having no meva tp gear to having the best meva tp gear in whole game. This set is so much win for Tizona/Thibron too. So much acc with stp and all that defensive stats. People were saying blu was lacking upgradrs recently, then here you go. This is also huge for DNC, both for Terpsi because am3 will take huge benefit of that stp, but also centovente offhand, because of that huge accuracy with stp.

Its still probably the biggest win for RDM. This acc and macc is huge for enspells. stp is amazing for temper II. All this with -31% DT and highest meva in game. This set is a hybrid TP heaven.

Also obviously amazing pieces for racc pieces for COR and RNG. Especially that you can stay in right distance for your weapon and just smile on all those tp moves and aoe spells now.

One thing that still makes me wonder. WHY 20% PDL??? This set has no attack (or ranged attack) and 20% PDL is huge. You wont be able to use that PDL in any serious fight pretty much. Unless maybe with super buffs against target that doesnt partially resist geomancy, but even then the set lacks crit damage, crit rate and multihit. I guess it requires more in dept look into each piece and job to check if something is bis for superbuff zerg or maybe some piece is also good for capped attack WSing.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-10 01:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Seems like this set will be nice with mythic AM3 making up for the lack of multihit? Should be great with Terps for instance.

I also wonder how that set will make mythic thf fair against other rema options. It allows for nearly avoiding multi attack in gear and going straight for store tp, and a lot of it
By Aerix 2019-09-10 01:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
One thing that still makes me wonder. WHY 20% PDL??? This set has no attack (or ranged attack) and 20% PDL is huge. You wont be able to use that PDL in any serious fight pretty much. Unless maybe with super buffs against target that doesnt partially resist geomancy, but even then the set lacks crit damage, crit rate and multihit. I guess it requires more in dept look into each piece and job to check if something is bis for superbuff zerg or maybe some piece is also good for capped attack WSing.

I mean, they precisely gave the set low STR/no Attack because of the PDL. If you had both it would just be too bonkers (even moreso than it already is).

You absolutely need Attack food and full 1hr buffs to get anywhere close to capping, but damn it'll be worth it. And you've got all that DT-% and MEVA so you don't have to worry about defensive buffs...

In a way SE just made gearing much, much easier in certain situations. Don't even need separate Hybrid, high Acc or Su3/MEVA swaps anymore. This might be their way of dealing with our inventory issues for some jobs. I know I'm getting rid of some Herculean after obtaining Spitewarden.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 01:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »

So you won't have access to the fight until you finish that mission line. Have fun with the long *** cut scenes /comfort

Spoiler; I ain't gonna do it

On topic though, who's ready to play "what's the actual HTB for deeds!?"
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-10 01:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »

Spoiler; I ain't gonna do it

But you'll be here in a few weeks/months bitching when someone tells you X is easy because of this gear about how you're not doing that ***.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 01:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I will, I still ain't gonna do it. Ain't done cait sith nor alex even once.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-09-10 01:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Weinberg said: »
"Physical damage limit +4%" is +0.04 to your pdif cap.

This is not true.

PDL traits work like that. Thay are additive with pdif. Like PDL trait I is +0.1 max pDIF, trait II is +0.2 pDIF etc.

Now PDL% from gear is multiplicative.

So if you have let's say MNK with 3.5 pDIF cap befor eall that PDL stuff.

Now it's 3.8 with PDL III trait
3.8 * 1.1 = 4.18 with neck

Now I guess PDL from gear is additive to each other, so with neck and whole set it should be:
3.8 * 1.3 = 4.94

The problem is that set has still no attack, crit rate and multiattack, so i'm not even sure if it's end up as an damage upgrade at all for monk over Kendatsuba+1 for example. Need more advanced theorycrafting.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-10 01:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The lack of multiattack isn't an issue for RDM, I would say, given the huge amount of TA you get from Temper2.
It wouldn't have been much of an issue for BRD AM3 Carns builds, but alas no BRD on it.

From this perspective I would say these pieces are a powered up version of the Bastok Volte set, but with different jobs on it.
High Meva (even higher!) but then PDL, lots of DT and even higher STP.
Similar purpose/role but overall much better I'd say?
And looks better, the Bastok Volte set looks ***honestly.

Also they changed the Haste value of the body compared to the screenshot they showed us, now it's back to the "regular" 4%.
It follows the same model of many recente mage-equippable sets, where the head has only 6%, hands have 4% but the legs have 9%.
Which is good but it kinda means that unless you have legs with 9% you will be forced to use stuff like a haste belt or Hasty Pinion +1 to reach 25%+

The other items are interesting too, did you guys take a look at Daybreak? Or the Earring?
The Staff is, uhm, I dunno, good for idle? Potentially good for damage too altough given the job list of the Staff I'm not sure many jobs can exploit it.
The Sword instead is, I dunno, interesting for PLDs without Burtgang maybe? Interesting even for PLDs WITH Burtgang for fights where you're not concerned about physical damage actually.

This is a great patch in terms of items. I'm just very sour about poor NIN, SquareEnix really hate NIN atm or they're scared about something, I dunno.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2019-09-10 01:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Garuda for the monthly. No labeling error. (:
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-09-10 01:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried Lady lilith normal mode: Wotg final boss music :3

in the outer ring of the battlefield spawns untargetable dark ele gyres that do dmg if you get close to them and aura doom 5 seconds.

Cannot damage her if you pull her outside of the untargetable gyre ring as she becomes immune to everything it seems. Spawns dark gyres from tp moves which can be destroyed but the gyres also spawn a specter of the spitewardens who are untargetable.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8