Siren Is Coming.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Siren is coming.
Siren is coming.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-01-29 14:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
So much whining. Leave smn alone and learn to play it outside of AF AC spam. Or better yet, get good and learn how to do content with melee setups.

People are not going to learn to play it outside of AF AC spam because they have that crutch readily available. Most players that rely on those JA's to clear any content have impressively poor understanding of battle mechanics and it shows when they are on any other job so they are not going to getgud.

The JA's need to be adjusted. AF should increase the potency of their wards while those awful AoE spells should be made available by default and AC should function like Grand Pas.
By Mrxi 2020-01-29 14:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

vanilla smn beat my cor in dyna. i usualy win by a mile. and we use it on everything with out smn burning anything and its extremly good. sup dgg.
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-01-29 14:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Joys of FFXI today, automated whms and brds because hardly anyone wants to play them anymore and that's the norm of majority having one as automated alt. Its common for pretty much all content now.

Its a shame too because my Whm Alt is better at healing a party/alliance than a good 95% of the real Whms.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Tarage 2020-01-29 15:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There's only one reason to make a nirvana, so yeah, absolutely.

More specifically, there's only one reason to use SMN at all

(*)special consideration for those too "special" to play any other job "properly" so they have to resort to smn

I didn't that Eiryl would bring me such joy with his salt, but this is a gift. Please, keep going. I can smell the ocean air from here.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-29 15:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just fact brozilla. I have nirvana(s).

And you should get that looked at, smelling things that aren't there is a sign of alzheimers
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-01-29 15:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Joys of FFXI today, automated whms and brds because hardly anyone wants to play them anymore and that's the norm of majority having one as automated alt. Its common for pretty much all content now.

Its a shame too because my Whm Alt is better at healing a party/alliance than a good 95% of the real Whms.

That's because your bot is programmed to instantly register when something is wrong. With humans, there is an information delay due to how our brains work. It's why when a car in front of you slams on its brakes you take 1-2 seconds to react. Whereas a bot would respond instantly.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-01-29 15:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking facts isnt going to take your aeonics away... you "earned" them.. no worries.. but lets not act like there isn't a reason scrubs lvl it.
By SimonSes 2020-01-29 15:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally wonder what avatar's favor she will have. Maybe haste?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-01-29 15:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Magical or JA Haste would be neat.

As far as summoner in general, I wish it weren't such a one-trick pony. They pretty much just bring it out for AFAC. I used to love playing it but the way we use the job in FFXI now bores me to tears.
By Tarage 2020-01-29 15:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I personally wonder what avatar's favor she will have. Maybe haste?

I've been thinking about that too. Haste would be worthless I think, since Garuda already has Haste II. Regain would be nice, though possibly way too overpowered. Accuracy and Attack are also two options that haven't been used yet. Using the guide of elements, Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Crit Hit rate are both wind.

In terms of BPs, so long as she gets a single BP that is worth while, such as a good piercing BP or an AOE better than Shock Squall or even just a buff we don't have I'll be happy. I thought Cait Sith was useless when she first came out but the infinite RR she gives is very nice in addition to mewing.

Asura.Sirris said: »
Magical or JA Haste would be neat.

As far as summoner in general, I wish it weren't such a one-trick pony. They pretty much just bring it out for AFAC. I used to love playing it but the way we use the job in FFXI now bores me to tears.

There's no way they'd give us JA haste.

EDIT: Derp, I don't know why but I thought JA haste was job ability haste. That'd be broken. Normal haste... I doubt it.

Post deleted by User.
By Tarage 2020-01-29 16:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It has a lot more uses but most don't look past conduit. We use it all the time for a melee dd party support. Warcy, Tp Bonus, Hastega, ect help out a lot for Dynamis wave 3 and on rp/farm runs it helps with statue/crowd control. Diabolos favor is really good for tank party since the refresh stacks with other refreshes/sublimation. Just got to look outside the box.

Basically this. I use SMN for a lot of things most people don't think about. I'm very useful in most events as well. You just have to know the job and know what it can and can't accomplish. For example, I feel like a lot of people these days don't know how to Carby kite.

Post deleted by User.
By Crossbones 2020-01-29 16:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

From BG this is the moves she has in the RoV fight.

Hysteric Assault 1P Single Physical Damage Fivefold attack. Also drains HP proportional to the damage dealt.

Lunatic Voice AoE Conal Magical Damage Element: Wind Conal target Mute.

Sonic Buffet AoE Conal Magical Damage Element: Wind Damage and Dispels 2-3 enhancements.

Entice 1P Conal Magical Damage Element: Light Charm. Soul Voice active.

Clarsach Call 25'-30'+ AoE Magical Damage Element: Wind High damage Additional Effect:Attack, Defense, Evasion, Magic Attack, Magic Accuracy, Magic Evasion, Magic Defense Bonuses applied to the Siren.

Dunno if / how any of these will transfer over to SMN. Don't think charm makes any sense, and clarsach call sounds busted, maybe will be the AF ability. Hysteric assault could be another rush or another volt strike, all depends what mods it has. As far as I know all summonable avatars share their BPs with the prime versions (maybe there are exceptions for some of the newer fights or some BPs).
By Tarage 2020-01-29 16:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carby is nice in omen to pull hate off a tank for Kin when he uses target, the erase move is nice too.

Yep! Hell, people use Atomos on things and I thought Atomos was useless. Turns out the job has plenty of uses outside of 30 seconds.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-01-29 16:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Haste would be worthless I think, since Garuda already has Haste II

How would that be worthless? With 14%+ haste favor (assuming it would be magical) and Hastega II, SMN would be able to cap magical haste for whole party on it's own. That would be awesome.
[+]
By Tarage 2020-01-29 16:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Cait Sith as an example...

Quote:
Regal Scratch: Single target damage.
Divine Favor: Full Erase. (May it be tested whether or not this move gives Cait Sith the ability to use AoE single target moves such as Scholars? During my encounter with him, he had several single target spells be casted in the form of AoE.)
Mewing Lullaby: AoE Sleep and TP reset.
Eerie Eye: Gaze Amnesia and Silence.
Level ? Holy: AOE Holy. This is die-based (1-6), dealing anywhere from 300 to in excess of 2000 damage. Has the possibility to produce a "No Effect" on players in range.
Summons Atomos to assist him.

Divine Favor got turned into the AF Arise ability. Mewing lowers TP, not reset. Not sure how much the Amnesia and Silence were weakened but that's still the same. Level ? Holy also seems the same, though 2k damage to a player is much different than to a mob. On top of that we got Regal Gash, Raise II, and Reraise II.

SimonSes said: »
Haste would be worthless I think, since Garuda already has Haste II

How would that be worthless? With 14%+ haste favor (assuming it would be magical) and Hastega II, SMN would be able to cap magical haste for whole party on it's own. That would be awesome.

If it stacks. I'm not sure it would stack though.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-01-29 16:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There's only one reason to make a nirvana, so yeah, absolutely.

More specifically, there's only one reason to use SMN at all

(*)special consideration for those too "special" to play any other job "properly" so they have to resort to smn
You're right, there's only one reason: Because you enjoy it.

If you're using it and don't enjoy it, you're an idiot.

I have nirvana(s).

I'm sorry that you hate SMN so much and yet felt obligated to make a Nirvana anyway just because you're too "special" to play "properly," as you say. (Your words, not mine.) That doesn't mean everyone else who made a Nirvana did it for the same reason as you.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-29 16:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If it stacks. I'm not sure it would stack though.

Ofc it would stack. Hastega II is haste spell icon. Avatar's favor is completely unique thing with it's own icon.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-29 16:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All assbackwards logic, no one likes smn. But they do like being lazy
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-29 16:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Project much?
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-01-29 16:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's funny given that you're the one projecting, Eiryl. Though I'd expect nothing less from someone who uses a screenshot of capped gil as their avatar.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-29 16:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl