First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-12 09:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I had no issues spamming lights on N with trusts.
Thank you will try that later on SAM
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-12-12 09:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Safe to SC at Easy?

Yeah you can rip through this on N with MNK and spam Victory Smite. I got it down to about an 8 minute fight. I didn't try it on SAM but I imagine Fudo spam is just as easy, keep a Hybrid set on.

Most important thing in this fight is avoiding enfeebles, so no Chi Blast, no Shijin, no trusts that'll cast ***on him. I used Sehl'teus (really comes in clutch later in the fight), Yoran, Ulmia, Qultada, and Karaha-Baruha (for haste since Koru/King will spam Dia).
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-12-12 09:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, the enfeeb/debuff thing is huge when calling trusts out. It kept curing to full when I was using Apoc wondering what the hell was going on, but had totally forgot about the added effect: blind. Switched to Calad and stayed in hybrid set and it was a pushover. Was 1/12 on body with TH4 on N, hope your luck is the same.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2019-12-12 09:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
geigei said: »
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
First piece didn’t drop until 4th day
i'm almost sure at this point the more people in party = more chances to see drops, i didnt notice this on odin cause nobody i know was doing low difficulty solo but alex and lilith drops are way easier to see when full pt vs 1 guy.

I did ~400 Lilith. First 100+ were solo E and I got 4/5 Malignance and everything else beside feet. Next 300 was 4boxed and I got 4/5 on 2 chars and 3/5 on 4th char. Got everything else on all chars too. First feet I got after ~400 runs total (350 E and 50 VE total including first 100E solo). I never noticed better drop rate with 4 chars vs 1 char.

Omg are you me? 600 Easy runs with TH10+ proced on each kill and I've gotten 3 characters all drops except feet. I swear the stars have to align to get that last drop
By tyalangan 2019-12-12 09:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

400 and 600 runs.. you guys are machines even without a wait.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-12-12 10:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

I'm actually on Asura where the only time there hasn't been a wait was after this week's patch. Sometimes there were 25ppl in queue ahead of me and I waited like a jackass
By Taint 2019-12-12 10:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said: »
SimonSes said: »
geigei said: »
First piece didn’t drop until 4th day
i'm almost sure at this point the more people in party = more chances to see drops, i didnt notice this on odin cause nobody i know was doing low difficulty solo but alex and lilith drops are way easier to see when full pt vs 1 guy.

I did ~400 Lilith. First 100+ were solo E and I got 4/5 Malignance and everything else beside feet. Next 300 was 4boxed and I got 4/5 on 2 chars and 3/5 on 4th char. Got everything else on all chars too. First feet I got after ~400 runs total (350 E and 50 VE total including first 100E solo). I never noticed better drop rate with 4 chars vs 1 char.

Omg are you me? 600 Easy runs with TH10+ proced on each kill and I've gotten 3 characters all drops except feet. I swear the stars have to align to get that last drop

I'm in a similar boat with Legs. Not sure on my run count, I stopped counting at 200. (used Rem's tales to count runs) I would guess 350ish.

Just missing legs on 3 accounts and 2 will never see legs due to this brain damage of a grind. All TH9+
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2019-12-12 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Lilith on Thief Very Easy and got all drops after two weeks of spamming it. The last piece to drop was the earring. Before that, it was gloves that took 2 days to drop. Was doing 28+ runs per day, more on weekends.

I had a theory that SE probably rotates the percentage on items on weekly basis, hence people spamming it together within the same time frame is missing the same piece of gear. That will also explain the longer time it took the last piece to drop. i.e. Week changed so drop rate for the piece changed.

For Alexander, I tried CDC spam on BLU Normal and it triggered Void of Repentance and Perfect Defense. The stun didn't landed on me though since I was full timing Malig 5/5 with Tizona aftermath. Hence I was using Expiacion spam on Tizona but the kill took 25 mins. I got bored of the delay and switched to THF for VE then E kills.
By SimonSes 2019-12-12 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

On bahamut the line is big only during jp prime. I. From EU. Around 8pm my time which is 4 am JP, you can start farming selvina conflux with max 2 ppl in line and usually 0.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-12 12:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »
Safe to SC at Easy?

Yeah you can rip through this on N with MNK and spam Victory Smite. I got it down to about an 8 minute fight. I didn't try it on SAM but I imagine Fudo spam is just as easy, keep a Hybrid set on.

Most important thing in this fight is avoiding enfeebles, so no Chi Blast, no Shijin, no trusts that'll cast ***on him. I used Sehl'teus (really comes in clutch later in the fight), Yoran, Ulmia, Qultada, and Karaha-Baruha (for haste since Koru/King will spam Dia).

Did 2-3 runs today and got body finally.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-12-12 13:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a theory that SE probably rotates the percentage on items on weekly basis, hence people spamming it together within the same time frame is missing the same piece of gear. That will also explain the longer time it took the last piece to drop. i.e. Week changed so drop rate for the piece changed.

I've only stopped playing this week due to burn out but I pretty much did 10 lilith runs a day (this is a lot due to asura queues evenings EST) since she came out. I have friends who started after me and finished getting all drops after 50 runs or so. RNGesus is a cruel ***
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-12 15:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I've just missed this, as I haven't kept up super closely since initial release of the fight...

Are the mechanics of Divine Judgment (dispel) fully understood yet? Based on total # of buffs? Type of buffs (like, with only GEO Indi spells will he even use it, do Pro/Shell/Haste count or is it only stuff like BRD COR buffs, etc.)? What's the deal? :)

I get the aspects of not using enfeebles to avoid Gospel of the Lost, and limiting SCs to avoid Void of Repentance/PD. Don't really have a handle on the dispel though.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-12 17:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no gimmick; it just happens at around certain HP points (it varies a bit), which differ based on difficulty.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-12 18:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

11 full sets(12th char is 8/9 drops missing tights) in 1556 runs of E with TH8-12 so far (4 simultaneous trio E runs seemed more productive than doing 1 VD at a time)

i don't think they rotate popular drop week to week, did all of it in under 2 weeks and when i hit 12/12 gloves i had 11 chapeaus, 10 tabards, 11 boots, 11 daybreaks, 6 tights.. can easily chalk tights up to variance being a ****

earring, sword, and pole are absolutely higher droprate(capped all 3 by the time i had 2-3 of any other piece)

tell yourself whatever you want to make tolerating the farm easier, but it's probably just ~1% at each of the 5 main armor pieces and daybreak on E with TH

edit: deleted then undeleted this because i thought i misposted it, but apparently alex thread is full of lilith droprate ***for some reason
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-15 19:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So, does Alex do anything new going from N to D?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-01-28 02:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No enfeebles whatsoever

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-28 03:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna share my experience with Alexander Prime. I've done it solo up to N, then lowmen D and did several VD runs too.
You don't really "need" a Tank for this, a good DD with a good hybrid build is gonna make it. Alex hits slow and for low damage.
RUN on VD makes things so much easier though, with 3x Umbra runes Valiance, then OneForAll/Liement when Valiance is down, then more Valiance etc.

Alexander dangerous moves

Buffers:

DDs:

Mages:

Buffs used:

That's all I think. In my situation kills were sorta fast, under 10 mins for VD.
Key for D and VD imho is quick reactions from the mages/support after Divine Judgement so that they can recover MP, and self-survival of DDs for the first seconds after Judgement, after the mages/supporters recover MP.
Everything else is super straightforward if you avoid Debuffs and Skillchains, Alex doesn't really deal a ton of damage.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-28 07:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd can really only DD with evisceration and savage blade. Rudras and mordant will heal him to full.

Normal Mnk/thf. Brd/whm, cor.

Monk spams victory. Brd helps apururu with erases. Sakura +moogle+apururu. Once he wipes all buffs those two trusts allow apururu to get all his mp back instantly. Then everything is safe. Monk mantra/chakra gives him plenty of time to catch up and cor rebuffs. Takes 4 mins to kill with monk. I'm always 1 min away from impetus again (on normal)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-28 07:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Brd can really only DD with evisceration and savage blade. Rudras and mordant will heal him to full.
Evisceration not so much, it makes a skillchain with Savage Blade and Expiacion, in my example above.
But in general yes, those two WSs only.
I said above, you need to avoid all forms of debuffs, including those coming from WS. Mordant Rime and Rudra's Storm both apply a debuff on the target, alas.

Your strategy works only on N and below. On D and above making a skillchain will be unbearable if you want to achieve success.
On VE and E you don't really have to worry about that, on N I think it depends on how long the fight goes on (i.e. how many SCs you're gonna make) but it should be fine.
After a certain amount of SCs he will use Perfect Defense making him immune to all damage for XX seconds. So probably not a big deal, just gonna make the fight longer.
On D and VD he's gonna use Void of Repentance for each SC and that's not really something you want him to use.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-01-28 07:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Flash is considered a debuff... if it lands... If he resists Alex doesn't care. Having said that, you don't really need a tank.

MNK is also a good DD for this. Perfect Counter, Chakra, and Mantra give a breather while mages are getting their MP back after Judgement. Also it has pretty good not-SC options for pairing with other jobs. Just DO NOT chi blast unless you unmerit penance.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-01-28 07:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mages can also use Aspir spells to recover MP after Divine Judgement.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-28 07:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Flash is considered a debuff... if it lands... If he resists Alex doesn't care.

In my experience with multiple tanks and players/trusts, Flash has never ever ever once landed, and caused him to rage in response. He's not flat out immune based on the message, but he has such a high resistance to it (he's a Paladin) that you can be certain you'll never land it on him. So you can use Flash freely for hate.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-28 07:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Flash is considered a debuff... if it lands... If he resists Alex doesn't care. Having said that, you don't really need a tank.
I concur a tank is not needed, up to D at least. On VD having a RUN hybrid tank has its benefits, with Valiance.
Also Resolution can be freely used (if used with a non-Lionheart weapon) in conjunction with Savage Blade from other DDs.
There's a good synergy if you ask me.

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Mages can also use Aspir spells to recover MP after Divine Judgement.
Aspir I is 10 MP, Aspir II is 5 MP, Aspir III is 2 MP
So technically you might need 1-2 ticks for Aspir I at least.

Does it land reliably? I presume it must be working very nicely on difficulties up to N, but on D and VD? Assuming no Indi-Focus or Macc rolls of course.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-01-28 07:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Aspir I is 10 MP, Aspir II is 5 MP, Aspir III is 2 MP
So technically you might need 1-2 ticks for Aspir I at least.

Does it land reliably? I presume it must be working very nicely on difficulties up to N, but on D and VD? Assuming no Indi-Focus or Macc rolls of course.

MP cost is negligible if you have a standing refresh set. I'm not sure how it is past N, since that's all I've done the BC on, but he doesn't seem resistant to it on that.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-28 08:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Seltheus. He cures MP/HP/TP on the reset move and you never have to worry about Ballads. There should be no reason not to use him since any buffing trusts that rely on MP are useless after a certain point. Can clear this fight on Normal in 5min on MNK with trusts. In fact, extra characters that buff you will just slow the fight down since he responds to large amounts of buffs with more frequent resets.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.