2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38
By Slore 2024-07-12 06:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ok folks, I know I wont get a lot of responses for this but I figured I'd ask anyway. What does your Aminon hard mode tp and ws set look like? What ws's you using and with what weapon? I have tried to watch the videos but there is no perspective from the dnc pov and with lockstyle and costumes I cant see the gear and I don't know anyone offhand to ask.

I am getting conflicted info from those I do ask. Some say prime dagger, some say su5 some say twash. Regal hands, absolutely from some, absolutely not from others. My group really wants to start trying this as we have 9 boss pretty much down.

Please assist
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-07-12 06:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there is no TP set, you just have an idle set you regain in. Turms head, gleti’s body, regal hands, gletis legs and feet. Roller’s Ring assuming you are riding an 11 tacticians. Bastok neck..basically as much regain + as you can muster. Fill out the rest with HP/DT although you don’t want to get your DT- too high to take maximum advantage of regal hands. Enough that you’re not making it hard on the PLD to keep you alive.

Weapon is prime dagger for sure, although you will have others tell you it’s not necessary.

WS set is empy head and Nyame everywhere else assuming r25. If you’re only r20 then you can swap in AF hands and relic legs.

Alternate between ruthless stroke and rudras storm.

A lot of this info is well documented in the sortie thread, can read up on it there. Positron has posted various videos from a DNC pov with and without prime dagger on NQ and HQ aminon. Posimagi on YouTube.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-07-12 07:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Word on the street is SU5 dagger outperforms Prime on Aminon (only) due to faster rate of reverse flourishes + TP gain. Tough to imagine, but has anyone tested?
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-07-12 08:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Never say never but I guess that’s worth looking at, at the very least. Is the rate of gain fast enough such that your Rudra/shark bite numbers are gonna beat out ruthless/rudra? Are your reverse flourishes going to outpace climactic charges?

Also losing the PDL benefit of prime aftermath which is helping hit those 99s especially on hard mode.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-12 08:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Slore said: »
My group really wants to start trying this as we have 9 boss pretty much down.

Do you mean 8 boss or something? Aminon is the 9th boss...if you have 9 boss down, you're killing Aminon extremely fast all the time and probably don't need advice from the internet.
By Taint 2024-07-12 08:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Losing Ruthless seems like a huge loss especially since you can Rudra and Ruthless to help with the wall during your GP combo.

You get RDx2 and WC during Aminon reducing some of the gains. TPwing, Tinc, Volte body are all instant WSs are well that would reduce some of the value of SU5.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-07-12 08:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't bother with Su5 dagger just for aminon. The thing's expensive and a stage 4 MPU Gandring is more than sufficient to handle that fight. I've upgraded to stage 5 last month and it's one hell of a play toy. I've said before that Mpu and Twashtar are essentially clones with similar damage output and I stick by that, but the versatility of being able to swap between ruthless and rudra's depending on mob weakness (or to avoid walling) is essential for fast and efficient kills. Twashtar is better in the hands of a thief with a good crit/aftermath build, but MPU is dancer's bread and butter.

As for the fight itself, it's standard faire by now. My group is capable of clearing HQ aminon in under 8 minutes if we get a good wild card reset, but even without a 5 or 6 it's usually about an 8 and a half minute fight. The corsair and geo have done a few things with elemental shot sets and occult acumen sets to dramatically up their damage, so my groups damage spread probably looks slightly different from some of what you guys are seeing.

as for this

Quote:
As for now my Curing Waltz III heals me for 734hp, i was hoping to reach 800, wont happen.

My curing waltz III cures others for around 1300+ damage and myself for 1400, while Waltz IV goes over 2k. It's not hard to get it up to extremely high levels without sacrificing personal defense. Here's my set. It has -50 PDT, overcapped waltz potency, and a ton of extra charisma added in. It's also really easy to build. Nothing here is particularly uncommon nowadays.

ItemSet 396259

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By K123 2024-07-12 11:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't damage/DPS only a matter of how fast it dies, and not whether or not you'll be able to win granted the tank takes no damage and he never gets a TP move off, etc?
By Taint 2024-07-12 12:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Isn't damage/DPS only a matter of how fast it dies, and not whether or not you'll be able to win granted the tank takes no damage and he never gets a TP move off, etc?

Pretty much but faster kills = less to go wrong. Most are also doing 9/9 so speed matters to at least get that done. 9/9 + Naaks takes a pretty dialed in kill.

If you have the PLD rotate KoR and CDC it should allow the BRD and DNC to both do Ruthless/Rudra if that is the desire. Our BRD and COR both do Savage and it works fine.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-07-12 12:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard should be doing mordant rime anyway. At 1k TP mordant rime is stronger than rudra's storm. It just doesn't scale with tp, but bard subbing /drk can't use a tp offhand so there's no good reason for them NOT to be using their best weaponskill. At 1k TP Mordant rime's mods are 70% chr, 30% dex and 5.0 F-tp, whereas at 1k TP Rudra's mods are 80% dex, and 5.0 F-tp. Rudra's scales very well to 3k, but mordant is a weaponskill you spam at 1k. That's just what bard should be doing on aminon.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-12 13:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
Bard should be doing mordant rime anyway. At 1k TP mordant rime is stronger than rudra's storm. It just doesn't scale with tp, but bard subbing /drk can't use a tp offhand so there's no good reason for them NOT to be using their best weaponskill. At 1k TP Mordant rime's mods are 70% chr, 30% dex and 5.0 F-tp, whereas at 1k TP Rudra's mods are 80% dex, and 5.0 F-tp. Rudra's scales very well to 3k, but mordant is a weaponskill you spam at 1k. That's just what bard should be doing on aminon.

This assumes you're only ever going at exactly 1k TP though. If you have 1200 or 1400 (from just having finished casting Abs-TP or something), or if you factor in the Moonshade earring, or both, then you can easily end up with Rudra beating Mordant. Anecdotally, I've noticed that the floor for Rudra/Mordant are very similar, but Rudra often has larger spikes. For my runs, we try to be a bit cautious about the Absorbs and there can be some delays (PLD got hit, someone melee'd, someone's busy buffing/debuffing and isn't absorbing) which cause us to build up TP sometimes. During those times, Mordant is just getting worse where Rudra is getting stronger.

I haven't tried much Savage so I can't speak to the damage of that compared to the dagger WS, but I will say I generally prefer Twash/Rudra over Carn/Mordant, all other things being equal. I haven't found Mordant to ever out-perform Rudra in pure damage.

It might depend on your group/behavior though, maybe if you're actually hitting the WS button every time you hit 1k on the dot and never stop doing that the whole time, Mordant could be competitive. I doubt it would be higher though. Also have to consider that Twash has 70 DEX and Carn has 0 DEX or CHR. This has to be weighed against the Mordant Rime damage on the dagger/aug, but still a factor. If you have an entrust-DEX, you will also gain more benefit from that on Rudra vs Mordant.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2024-07-12 15:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard has Fencer II (and Moonshade) so you'd be comparing a 1k Mordant to at least a 1550 Rudra before overflow.
[+]
By Slore 2024-07-13 12:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok we not to far from hard mode aminon and I'm trying to fine tune my sets, Any advice? Weapon for both is Mpu stage 4/gleti's r27

Gleti's in sets is r30 nyame is 25

ruthless
ItemSet 396266

rudra
ItemSet 396267
By Taint 2024-07-13 14:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

PDL ring would be a solid pick up.
By K123 2024-07-13 16:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How much attack and defense down does it take to cap on hard mode?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-07-15 13:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I suspect this is true, but everything under the status of grand pas is subject to the 20% damage gift, so using all 3 flourishes and ending the grand pas isn't in your best interest?

I'm gonna be honest here. Most climactic flourish weaponskills on Aminon end up hitting the damage cap. This is especially true if they're done with bolster up or if it's NQ aminon (HQ Aminon does have higher stats and climactic may fall slightly short of damage cap at times, but even then not by much). The difference between a flawlessly executed rotation and a nearly optimized one is so small it shouldn't even budge the needle on kill speed. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-15 14:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Volte Harness havers rise up with the super special extra WS

I'd like to add on a serious note: Grand Pas results in a lot of back to back WS from the DNC typically. On Hard Mode Aminon, that extra gift damage can absolutely matter due to walling yourself and its innate damage reduction.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-07-15 15:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Word on the street is SU5 dagger outperforms Prime on Aminon (only) due to faster rate of reverse flourishes + TP gain. Tough to imagine, but has anyone tested?

I've used both but my char with su5 doesn't have regal gloves. The prime gets better averages and does WAY better for other bosses. Su 5 I do all 9s rudra ~80-85k Shark bites Normal aminon. Hard Mode Prime dagger will show much better WS averages. If you don't have prime its a good option.

The big benefits su5 has is it requires less random deals wc resets to keep climatic uptime. A big con is the steps last really long and its hard to build finishing moves at some point but I've only done aminon a few times with SU5 so I still need to get used to the longer steps.
[+]
By Slore 2024-07-15 15:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well you should be rotating ruthless and rudras
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-07-15 16:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Slore said: »
well you should be rotating ruthless and rudras

I do, if you are talking about when I said resets I mean Random deal x2 / wildcard to reset climatic faster. Since su5 gives 67 second recast on climatic it makes randoms / wildcards less important .

Unless you are getting insane amounts of tp it'll be hard to add that many climatic WSs to su5.

With SU 5 on you could use random / wc to crooked a 11 tact and still keep high climatic uptime while increasing everyone else's damage. When you use roller ring + crooked 11 tact + regal gloves TP comes in so fast you can get all 6 climatic WS in without using a Jump (jumps use a charge of climatic).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-07-15 16:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warmoose said: »
I suspect this is true, but everything under the status of grand pas is subject to the 20% damage gift, so using all 3 flourishes and ending the grand pas isn't in your best interest?

So it should look like

Build up/start with TP

Climactic flourish before GP activation
Grand pas
WS#1
Trance for TP
WS#2
Frostbloom tincture + TP wing
WS#3
Reverse flourish #1 under GP
WS#4
Reverse flourish #2 under GP
WS#5
Reverse flourish #3 ends HP effect.

So now you've used all 5 WS with the climactic and GP 20% dmg bonus, with one left in the tank. Or am I way off

My Aminon opener is Clim > Ruthless > Reverse > GRAND PAS HERE > Rudra (1 WS under GP) > Reverse (1st charge) > Ruthless (2 WS under GP) > Reverse (2nd charge) > Rudra (3 WS under GP) > Trance > Ruthless (4 WS under GP) > Reverse (final charge) > Rudra

Super jump, followed by another Climactic/Reverse/no Foot Rise/Wing/Frostbloom/Volte if you got it. I suppose you could stick wing/frostbloom etc in the GP window but because I use mine in the opener in our group there are a few things to consider like the PLD still getting hate in a good place, absorb TP rotation getting nailed down, and our entire team starts WSing immediately so if absorbs arent on point right away thats a lot of WS spam right at the beginning.

Asura.Warmoose said: »
So jumps been confirmed to use a climactic charge? I wasnt sure

100% yes, jumps consume climactic stacks. They do not give Aminon TP however.
[+]
By Taint 2024-07-15 18:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Luna did a 27 WS 98k average Aminon listen to the man.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-15 18:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

DNCs have always been the most hardcore of us
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-15 19:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Luna did a 27 WS 98k average Aminon listen to the man.

Funny enough just managed this a couple weeks ago (probably luck)

Big agree with Luna's rotation there. Personally think Frostbloom is a waste of time to go grab unless your server actually works on ranking that Locus up but no harm in having it, just hate farming bayld and those things eat it up fast.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2024-07-15 23:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know specific details about Setan Kober strat? Is the BRD using Ruthless? Is the DNC mainhanding Setan and Offhanding Cento, or are they offhanding Twash? What does the rotation look like? I am curious for science.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-07-15 23:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting 99999 with prime isn't even that difficult the times itll drop a lot is if box step / dia 3 / geo frail / indi fury arent all max'd. Without climatic you can do around 80k even.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38