First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 33 34 35
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-09-17 10:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
How do you get TP on DNC for those first 3 WSs (Evisceration and 2 Rudras)?

Meditate + No Foot Rise, then Reverse Flourish for the final Rudras.
By SimonSes 2021-09-17 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn and it still have TP that fast with just TP from WSs? Shows how low tp feed is MNK and how good is that Penance + Plague
By tmd5 2021-10-02 22:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a video of me attempting UNM Hidhaegg (135) with DNC. It's actually my first win with trusts on the job and previously i'd get 1-shot with Dragon Breath or die at 10% due to stun. My brain is sometimes too slow it keep up with all that's going on, but I try!

Can someone post a new one vs Tolba or Sovereign Behemoth? I can't solo Behemoth at all because my trusts all die and I have to spam Curing Waltzes to live (not enough damage). I just time out! The turtle today 1-shot me at 25% and it felt like I was just poking him with a toothpick!

What would really be impressive is if someone can try Shedu and maybe get a win.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By gargurty 2021-10-03 06:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

any tips for a kei solo run on dnc, im preparing to give it a try and would like some tips from the pro's :)
By SimonSes 2021-10-03 09:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
any tips for a kei solo run on dnc, im preparing to give it a try and would like some tips from the pro's :)

Not sure if it's even possible. You will need to do some weird ***like fusion with sword or h2h followed by light with dagger. You can either do strong climactic shark bite for 3 step light or weaker WS but 4 step radiance with double exentrator with Aeneas.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-10-03 11:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah dnc sucks for sc possibilities
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-10-03 12:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »

You want to do this on dnc specifically or you have an other job that could work ?
By gargurty 2021-10-03 12:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i think dnc, rdm or blu, i got those jobs ready to givve it a try
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-10-03 12:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually rdm will give you light sc and self MB and the ability to change his spikes when needed. Blu can also be an option and way better than dnc for this fight
[+]
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-10-03 14:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

tmd5 said: »
Here's a video of me attempting UNM Hidhaegg (135) with DNC. It's actually my first win with trusts on the job and previously i'd get 1-shot with Dragon Breath or die at 10% due to stun. My brain is sometimes too slow it keep up with all that's going on, but I try!

Can someone post a new one vs Tolba or Sovereign Behemoth? I can't solo Behemoth at all because my trusts all die and I have to spam Curing Waltzes to live (not enough damage). I just time out! The turtle today 1-shot me at 25% and it felt like I was just poking him with a toothpick!

What would really be impressive is if someone can try Shedu and maybe get a win.

Here you go for tolba, im kinda rusty on dnc tho
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-03 20:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That Tolba looked like fun so I decided to give it a shot myself and see how terpsichore fared. Turns out, it does pretty good. Evisc --> PK --> Rudras is pretty nasty, especially with climactic closing the level 4 skillchain. That's what chunked him so hard during the white proc window on my second attempt and allowed me to kill so quickly.

Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-04 13:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Here ya go. The key to soloing Shedu is being able to hit the blue proc during his hundred fists windows. He goes bonkers with that up, so I tried to save climactic flourish to proc blue. Also I went in Dnc/Run so I could stack a pair of Tellus runes and get Pflug and Vallation going, and Swordplay is pretty useful too. I don't know if it was better than the traditional sub jobs, but it got the job done.

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-10-16 16:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Which dagger would be better as an offhand for Twashtar if Cento cabt be used ? (Acc issues)
With Sam roll and capped haste
By Nariont 2021-10-16 18:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ternion r15 and gletis probably best with tauret not super far behind, im sure shinryus dagger is somewhere in there too
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-10-16 19:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ternion r15 is prob the next best.
By Kyniker 2021-10-16 23:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't read it recently; are there any nodes/posts with current bis sets?

Also I'd like to know if Terpsicore is still bis for DNC or even worth it, I'm in the process of making one, but idk if it's game-changing, like Carnwehan for BRD.
By SimonSes 2021-10-17 06:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyniker said: »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't read it recently; are there any nodes/posts with current bis sets?

Also I'd like to know if Terpsicore is still bis for DNC or even worth it, I'm in the process of making one, but idk if it's game-changing, like Carnwehan for BRD.

First page of this guide has several bis sets (usually when you see attack capped and uncapped set, that's updated).

Im not sure if Terpsi was ever bis. Its very good when you need to default to Malignance set and it's also now competitive DPS wise and potentially bis when you don't self SC. You need to cap attack in set below to really push Terpsi that far tho.

ItemSet 380096
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-10-17 07:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt Terp/Crep knife better than Twash/cento now for ws spam ?
By SimonSes 2021-10-17 08:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
Isnt Terp/Crep knife better than Twash/cento now for ws spam ?

It is, but like I wrote it assumes no self SC (Rudra spam easily win against PK spam, since it makes Darkness and PK does nothing) and capped attack with PK capped attack set (well I guess the most important Gleti's PDL piece of that set is body and set with just gleti's body and Semnuha legs and adhemar hands B still win too). It also not taking into account Climactic, which is higher boost for Twashtar/Cento and Rudra, than Terpsi and PK.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-17 09:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Also I'd like to know if Terpsicore is still bis for DNC or even worth it

Most of the sets on the front page are pretty up to date, and the ones on the bgwiki community dancer forms have been maintained pretty well too. There hasn't been a lot of groundbreaking equipment for dancer lately. Gleti's knife is one of the best additions if you ask me.

As far as Terpsichore goes, I agree with simon that Twashtar is probably the more reliable dagger. I've got both at R 15 and I can honestly say it's hard to tell the difference, but I do feel the edge goes to Twash simply because rudra's storm is just so powerful. Terpsichore is particularly good with malignance though, and it's especially useful if you anticipate you're going to be doing a lot of waltzing. As far as raw offensive power goes though, Twashter is actually superior in the bulk of situations I find myself in. If you have neither dagger I would absolutely recommend building Twash first, because in addition to being an excellent option for dancer is also fantastic for thief and bard, so it gets bonus points for the versatility if you ever plan to branch out into those jobs or are already playing them.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-10-17 09:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It IS worth noting however that if you are self skillchaining, terpsichore can do some awesome things. Evisceration --> Pyrric Kleos (Darkness) --> Rudra's Storm (Level 4 darkness) is an extremely potent combo. Rudra's only chains with itself to make darkness once, but when you make double darkness with that combo the extra skillchain damage easily surpasses whatever you could do simply spamming weaponskills, and it's far more suited to mainhanding tersichore than twashtar. I kinda showcased that with my tolba fights a few posts above (second one especially where darkness chunked him hard at half health).

???

You can do Evisceration > Rudra > Rudra for the same thing with Twashtar. Terpsi has no advantage here.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-17 10:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valid point. I've used that combo for ages when I solo stuff on thief. Twashtar can make level 4 darkness just as easily. I guess I was just looking for some extra reasons to use terpsi over twashtar. I can't really argue with the numbers though. Twash is just that strong and well rounded.
By SimonSes 2021-10-17 10:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think good example of fight when Terpsi could be better is Xevioso. Skillchains are weak there, you need Malignance to dd/tank too. On paper in situation like that, if you cap attack, Terpsi should be 15% ahead not counting climactic, which will be slightly stronger with Twashtar. Just keep in mind Twashtar will be safer during WS with 3+ Nyame pieces, over Terpsi 3+ Gleti's.
By Kyniker 2021-10-17 12:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help! I assumed the guide was outdated bc I didn't check the front page, a few months ago it didn't show any Ody gear so I just unconsciously skipped it.

I was gearing my DNC for Xevioso actually btw so it is good to know that, but I don't have Twash, ik that I should consider doing one, but farming Glavoid makes me want to die so I've been avoiding it.

Now, regarding weapons, I currently use Tauret/Ternion+1, but idk if that's the optimal pair, I have Gletti R0 and Aeneas R0 too but idk if those are better than what I use
By SimonSes 2021-10-17 18:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually found a small error in DNC sheet. Offhand hit wasnt using PDL from Gleti's (only had old formula taking neck into account).

After fixing it Terpsi/PK is even further ahead in Xevioso scenerio (22% up from 15%). Again not counting in Climactic Rudra's which will for sure lower this advantage by some % (its hard to judge by how much, maybe up to 10%, but it's a guess).

Kyniker said: »
Now, regarding weapons, I currently use Tauret/Ternion+1, but idk if that's the optimal pair, I have Gletti R0

Tauret/Gleti's R0 is slightly behind Twashtar/Cento if you can cap attack with 4/5 Gleti's. In Xevioso situation Twashtar is only 2% ahead of Tauret. + some more % when you include Climactic.
[+]
By Slowforever 2021-10-18 21:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys Im trying to decide on a sap augment for my evasion / cp farming aoe aeolian edge cape. Basically I'm doing all agi and evasion augments and Ill have max pdt from other stuff. My question is... What should I aug with the sap? I was thinking about duel wield 10? I am unsure if I will need DW? The stat seems confusing and as far as SJ I will be rdm or whm or thf or nin or sam. Not sure yet there.

edit: went with dw 10 happy with this, able to do huge pulls and dw helps with quicker tp for more aes
By SimonSes 2021-10-19 04:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
Hey guys Im trying to decide on a sap augment for my evasion / cp farming aoe aeolian edge cape. Basically I'm doing all agi and evasion augments and Ill have max pdt from other stuff. My question is... What should I aug with the sap? I was thinking about duel wield 10? I am unsure if I will need DW? The stat seems confusing and as far as SJ I will be rdm or whm or thf or nin or sam. Not sure yet there.

edit: went with dw 10 happy with this, able to do huge pulls and dw helps with quicker tp for more aes
550JP DNC is at 35%DW. You only hurting your TP gain equipping that cape.

*Assuming you are using RDM/BRD trusts for capped magic haste.
By Slowforever 2021-10-19 19:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestions for which artifact pieces to +2 and +3 first? I was thinking chest? Thanks in advance! I currently have 16 cards.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 33 34 35