Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-07-08 12:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Not one thing said about ninja yet? What are these yonin and innin effects?

Yonin: Increase maximum HP by 50.

Innin: Increase skillchain and magic burst damage by 1% when behind foe.

Wow, that's absolutely worthless lol. Innin maybe ok, but never got to be a DD ninja in a party anyways. Soo... worthless.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2019-07-08 18:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Meh, doesn't look like anyone other than SMN and PUP are going to bother with the Cait Sith fight. Better hope a pet burn is viable or they're going to have issues getting people.
everyone has smn they will all want it wasn't hard to find people for odin all it dropped was loldps stuff yet people used smn

People play SMN to gear DPS jobs. Not vice versa.

Add a WAR,SAM,DRK item and everyone raises their hand to play SMN,BRD,GEO,WHM etc. Add a drop for those jobs and people AFK.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-07-08 18:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

to each their own but dps jobs are a waste of time

How does one win wave3 dynamis without dps?
By cuddlyhamster 2019-07-08 18:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

How does one win wave3 dynamis without dps?
Hod does one deal damage without dps?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 18:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the entire *** game lol. Kill ***.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-07-08 18:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

what is War good for other than that?
absolutely nothing
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-07-08 18:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they are a waste of time, just, at endgame everyone has a dps, so who really cares?
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-07-08 19:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
It's Trial by Ice.
really ? i did it but RoE didn't complete.
nvm, i did the regular fight, not the ★Trial by Ice

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 19:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole *** game is garbage, of course the jobs are ***, what do you expect? I mean, honestly.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 19:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-08 20:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Not one thing said about ninja yet? What are these yonin and innin effects?

Yonin: Increase maximum HP by 50.

Innin: Increase skillchain and magic burst damage by 1% when behind foe.

Wow, that's absolutely worthless lol. Innin maybe ok, but never got to be a DD ninja in a party anyways. Soo... worthless.

Those are per-merit, so +250 HP for Yonin and +5% SC / MB damage for Innin, definitely not worthless. Not the greatest but not worthless either. I feel Innin's should of been 2% per merit but /whatever. The real problem is how SE unintentionally/intentionally nerfed the head which was a percentage boost to nukes.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 20:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't trust my own god damn clone with my log in info. *** is wrong with you people.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-08 20:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has potential...to be awful...keep posting !
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-07-08 21:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to load up the ASCII *** to demand updates that aren't a pile of ***.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 21:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you expected. They straight up said, *** you for 2 whole years until 2020.

Can't even be bothered to run Emaint anymore lol. They left pro/shell screwed up the entire month. Let alone the Deeds menu.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-07-08 21:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, actual useful job adjustments?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 21:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you and a hundred other people gonna quit if they don't? You should. It's absolutely appalling how little *** they give about anything.

There's 10 more 6 boxers ready to take your place and give them more subs, that couldn't give a ***less about the state of the game.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-07-09 01:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The new ammo is "Meh". Speaking from a thief's perspective, the only thing it's best for is an unstacked Rudra's Storm, and since this is unstacked the damage increase over Jukukik Feather will be minimal. The other thieves who've chimed in already are correct that ammo builds are the way to go btw. Yetshila +1 is still way better for stacked rudra's and evisceration, Yamarang/Ginsen make better TP pieces because of sTP, Yamarang slots into a magic evasion build for Mijin Gakure resist, and Staunch is better for anything else -dt related. Basically the ammo builds are not only more versatile than Ullr, but because of the sTP options they also keep up in overall DPS too. The stone is still an upgrade over Jukikiak, but after Gere Ring last month it's kind of boring.

I'm disappointed there's only ONE weapon though. I WANT a meowing hammer dammit!!! *cries in a corner*

Yeah I had forgotten about Yetshila +1 when I made my previous comment. I retract what I said before and agree that the new Ammo + Ammo swapping are superior to Ullr for THF.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 01:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The real problem is how SE unintentionally/intentionally nerfed the head which was a percentage boost to nukes.
I made a thread about that.
Not the best of english since I wrote it when I was in a real hurry, but I'm sure every NIN would apreciate support into making so SE can notice that thread.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55666-Possible-error-after-July-2019-patch-%28Ninjutsu-damage%29?p=617883#post617883
[+]
By Aerix 2019-07-09 01:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They added a MAB/MACC augment to the feet instead, didn't they? It's probably much weaker, but how does the current damage compare to before considering you also lose out on augmented Herc feet?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 01:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
They added a MAB/MACC augment to the feet instead, didn't they? It's probably much weaker, but how does the current damage compare to before considering you also lose out on augmented Herc feet?
Yes/No.

They added Macc (up to +25) and Mab (up to +20) merit categories.
Despite the english description we don't know yet:
1) if those merit categories work
2) if they work only on SAN spells or all elemental ninjutsu
3) if they work (macc) on ALL ninjutsu or just elemental ones.

Also they changed the Relic augments on head and feet

Head:
SAN ninjutsu damage +5-25% >>> Yonin HP +10-50, Innin SC and Magic Burst bonus +??%

Feet:
Feet Ninjutsu casting time - X% >>> Mab/Macc + ??%

Mab/Macc augment bonus could probably be something like +1 for each merit spent, up to +5 macc and +5 mab, maybe?
For a grand total of +25 potential Mab, assuming that's what the augment does, assuming all that category works.

Mab+25 is surely nice but:
1) it's nowhere as close as 25% damage
2) it's now on the feet, whereas the head is specifically tailored for nuking, check the stats

Head wouldn't be close to what it used to be even if they swapped Head/Feet augments. That would help closing the gap (if you go 5/5 into Mab merits) but there would still be a gap.
Relic Feet +3 are not the worst but clearly a very bad nuking option anyway, so that augment won't help it making it good compared to the other available options (mostly AF+3 and augmented Herc, if I recall)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 01:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Last but not least, the Aug Yonin/Innin, that has a very small impact in general, is made even more useless because you need to keep the head equipped (it sucks as a TP piece) and cannot equip it just when using Yonin/Innin to power them up (which would be moderately nice instead)

Btw in the thread on the official forums I chose on purpose not to mention the "please swap head/feet augs" thing because I don't want to give them the idea that by swapping augments things could be considered acceptable.
They need to give us the +25% damage augment back.
Either by putting it back into Mochizuki Hatsuburi or (would be the best choice) by directly imbuing it into all SAN spells.
After all it's what they did for WHM when it comes to Protect and Shell, what used to be the additional potency gained through the Relic Legs/Feet augment, got directly imbued into the spells themselves.

Once they give us back the 25% damage back, THEN we can talk about swapping head/feet augments, until then I really don't want to give them ideas.
Either way we're talking about something that at best is gonna be +5 Macc/Mab.
Of course I'd love to have that on the head rather than the feet, but ultimately it doesn't really change a thing so who cares bout that really.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-09 01:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

"the augment on the ninja relic head was never intended to be 25% damage but 25 MAB, we've adjusted it just like we "fixed" GEO, sorry for the inconvenience"
[+]
By Honeybaked 2019-07-09 01:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if it isn't a large upgrade,being able to have something better than Jukikiak is nice for unstacked Rudra's. I remember coming back from a break and being shocked we were still stuck with that thing. Lol