Need Help With Precast Sets

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » need help with precast sets
need help with precast sets
Offline
Posts: 11
By tritoneRagnarok 2019-06-25 22:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hi, I'm Tritone from ragnarok. Lately i've been getting tons of gear for precast but im not sure the correct oreder to use them in, though i will say everything i do has near fast cast cap.
Example 1 enhancing spells: i have casting time down gear/skill gear/ duration gear.
example 2 Elemental magic: i have casting time reduction gear/elemental skill gear and Mab/Macc.
Example 3 Healing spells: I have Cure casting time reduction gear/ Cure potency and Healing skill.
If anyone can please shed some light on this it would really help my performance playing at these new era events. Thank you!
Offline
Posts: 130
By cuddlyhamster 2019-06-25 23:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
fast cast, cast time reduction, quick cast go into precast sets
skill, duration, mab, macc, potency go midcast
Offline
Posts: 11
By tritoneRagnarok 2019-06-25 23:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
thank you so much!
 Asura.Shystie
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shystie
Posts: 21
By Asura.Shystie 2019-06-25 23:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Generally, you don't want quickcast gear in precast sets that rely on potency, duration, etc. If quickcast procs, the midcast will go off in your precast gear.

Also, if you can cap fast cast in pure fast cast gear, that is usually optimal. The only time may be if you have a piece that is much larger than fast cast and is specific to that magic type (e.g. cure cast reduction). Then you may want to use that and sub in SIR/DT gear where you can.

Some of this will be based on your play style. Once you learn this more you'll see where you can optimize your sets in this manner.
Offline
Posts: 11
By tritoneRagnarok 2019-06-26 00:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
That makes sense, ty for pointing that part of the occ quickens in spellcast, because i currently use 4 peices of it. :) ty
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2992
By Siren.Kyte 2019-06-26 02:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
QC's mostly fine if you use gearswap.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1505
By geigei 2019-06-26 02:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I feel like qc is meant for raise/teleports.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
Posts: 391
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-06-26 07:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Kyte said: »
QC's mostly fine if you use gearswap.

Works fine on ashita also
Offline
Posts: 11
By tritoneRagnarok 2019-06-28 21:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yeah the occ quickens sc definitely works well with gs, i have my precasts all set up and everything is so smooth now, idk how i ever lived without gs. ty for all of the good advice!
[+]
Offline
Posts: 554
By DaneBlood 2019-06-28 23:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Shystie said: »
Generally, you don't want quickcast gear in precast sets that rely on potency, duration, etc. If quickcast procs, the midcast will go off in your precast gear.

Also, if you can cap fast cast in pure fast cast gear, that is usually optimal. The only time may be if you have a piece that is much larger than fast cast and is specific to that magic type (e.g. cure cast reduction). Then you may want to use that and sub in SIR/DT gear where you can.

Some of this will be based on your play style. Once you learn this more you'll see where you can optimize your sets in this manner.


I thought it was a well established fact that this is NOT the case with gearswap, and you can safely use Quickcast in your precast.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
Posts: 350
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-29 06:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
DaneBlood said: »
Asura.Shystie said: »
Generally, you don't want quickcast gear in precast sets that rely on potency, duration, etc. If quickcast procs, the midcast will go off in your precast geaa.


I thought it was a well established fact that this is NOT the case with gearswap, and you can safely use Quickcast in your precast.

Casting haste on myself with a precast set for fastcast and quickcast with zero enhance duration gear and having full enhance duration in midcast lands me the exact same duration weather quickcast proc'd or not. And yeah, as Daneblood says, it's well established.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
Posts: 379
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-29 09:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
DaneBlood said: »
Asura.Shystie said: »
Generally, you don't want quickcast gear in precast sets that rely on potency, duration, etc. If quickcast procs, the midcast will go off in your precast gear.

Also, if you can cap fast cast in pure fast cast gear, that is usually optimal. The only time may be if you have a piece that is much larger than fast cast and is specific to that magic type (e.g. cure cast reduction). Then you may want to use that and sub in SIR/DT gear where you can.

Some of this will be based on your play style. Once you learn this more you'll see where you can optimize your sets in this manner.


I thought it was a well established fact that this is NOT the case with gearswap, and you can safely use Quickcast in your precast.

Correct. This has been true for for gearswap and also fixed for Ashita’s version of it as well for several years now. It’s so reliable that all of RNGs optimal Preshot sets rely on it so use any Insta-Items you so desire in your precast. It will not fail. I believe the only job having any “issues” at the moment is SMN commands and ONLY during busy moments in Dyna-D. (I guess they do multiple swaps for each individual BP or something?)

It works by reading the packets going to and from the server during gameplay. It will detect that you Insta’d with PLENTY of time to get into your Midcast so unless you’re running something stupid complicated (SMN?) or are lagging balls (Dyna? Or really Old PC?) should be fine. Test with Chainspell with showswaps on
 Asura.Elizabet
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
Posts: 350
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-29 11:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The reason that bloodpacts are unreliable is that spells precast and midcast are same packet iirc, so if the packet is handled correctly there won't be a problem... but it's not the case for JAs. It's usually not a problem for things like WS or JA activating since they don't have a precast to worry about. The issue comes with BP being JAs that requires a precast set. It's fairly unique in that way.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 554
By DaneBlood 2019-07-03 17:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Elizabet said: »
The reason that bloodpacts are unreliable is that spells precast and midcast are same packet iirc, so if the packet is handled correctly there won't be a problem... but it's not the case for JAs. It's usually not a problem for things like WS or JA activating since they don't have a precast to worry about. The issue comes with BP being JAs that requires a precast set. It's fairly unique in that way.

Thank you for the explenation
Log in to post.