Odin HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-14 16:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, Buukki, even soloing with trusts is hard. People think it's not, but they're wrong. It took me 40-50 tries to solo Vir'ava once for the 1st time, Trusts if anything make stuff harder by being so damn ***.

I could guarantee the people who say soloing without trusts is the only way to say solo can't actually solo anything past Escha Zi'tah Tier 1 with their skirmish gear they soloed. And have 0 idea of what mobs are like...
[+]
By Kirinkage 2019-06-14 16:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

what do I need to have the option to buy the KI?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-14 16:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rider Cometh.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-14 16:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirinkage said: »

Complete the ToAU quest, The Rider Cometh I think it was. Not sure about any prerequisites, but that was how I got mine.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-06-14 16:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »

Complete the ToAU quest, The Rider Cometh I think it was. Not sure about any prerequisites, but that was how I got mine.
Did mine yesterday. Strange thing might happen I didn’t get the cutscenes at the beginning at all nor was the quest “rider cometh.” So I traded the 2 items needed because why not and the npc gave me the KI. Looked in quests still no rider cometh but After going to the temple in whitegate I got the cutscene with the princess and rider cometh worked. I’m not sure if this was normal but strange.
By clearlyamule 2019-06-14 17:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, Buukki, even soloing with trusts is hard. People think it's not, but they're wrong. It took me 40-50 tries to solo Vir'ava once for the 1st time, Trusts if anything make stuff harder by being so damn ***.

I could guarantee the people who say soloing without trusts is the only way to say solo can't actually solo anything past Escha Zi'tah Tier 1 with their skirmish gear they soloed. And have 0 idea of what mobs are like...
If trusts really made it actually harder than you wouldn't use them or would at least stick to the geo ones or do some crazy things like summon for short time/disengage (like say occasionally certain fights where sleepga is nice to start before you zerg AATT is great... but often need to engage a target you want slept because main is immune). Their AIs aren't the smartest but they are almost always better than nothing and sometimes better than a lot of shout players lol.

Anyways nothing wrong with saying solo... with trusts.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-06-14 17:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Did mine yesterday. Strange thing might happen I didn’t get the cutscenes at the beginning at all nor was the quest “rider cometh.” So I traded the 2 items needed because why not and the npc gave me the KI. Looked in quests still no rider cometh but After going to the temple in whitegate I got the cutscene with the princess and rider cometh worked. I’m not sure if this was normal but strange.
Same happened to me and it even mentions it on bg wiki. Shits all borked it seems. Also took me 5 trades to get it accepted
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-06-14 17:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »

Same happened to me and it even mentions it on bg wiki. Shits all borked it seems. Also took me 5 trades to get it accepted
I got lucky then 1/1
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-06-14 18:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Normal is soloable on SMN, almost beat Difficult but lost at 22% due to a Kaustra during Conduit, pretty sure it's feasible.

For you, Papesse lol. You are not a normal SMN lol. But that is good to know. Was it with Conduit or a slow fight? I imagine it can be done with both tbh.
Slow method with AAHM, Brygid, Koru, Yoran, Ygnas.
Geirrothr isn't an issue with EA/Migawari and Earthen Ward, Koru can Dispel him (with some resists, I think he would have 100% success with Lunar Wyrm Cheer).
Trusts have enough Defense to survive Zantetsuken X with Tidal Roar, Shining Ruby, Brygid and Porter Crab Cheer. Cheer wasn't required with Titan's Favor but he's a bad choice for DD. AAEV could survive without Cheer/Favor but NIN tank is much better I think (less TP feed and can handle Endark).
12~ min fight on Normal without Conduit.

Difficult is obviously more tricky (spells are now AoEs) but doesn't seem impossible.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-06-14 18:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's impressive, Papesse, good job. Buukki mentioned something to me earlier in LS about NIN tank, but I never would've imagined Migawari affecting Geirrothor, that's good to know.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-14 23:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some additional information to add to this thread regarding Yggr. Specifically its potency. It appears to be a 50% attack bonus. I did several more runs on normal today and with red curry my attack was 1491. I managed to snag Yggr with Aura Steal and it raised my attack to 2193. Entrust was down at the time and I wasn't receiving any additional attack buffs, so that was purely Yggr's effect. That comes out to a 47% attack boost, but I find it extremely unlikely that it's 47% rather than 50%, since I only checked my stat screen for a brief moment and I also wasn't paying attention to all the buffs/debuffs, plus I may have had a slight piece or two of gear swapped from my original set. It's a pretty safe assumption that the 3% differential is just error on my part and that Yggr does in fact raise Odin's attack by 50%. All in all, it's a really damn powerful buff. Stealing it made for some really fun Rudra's storm numbers too. Heh.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-15 03:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty easy fight on VD with Nirvana SMNx2, Rdm(silence+gravity), Pup(tank), Idris Geo, Cor. AFAC to 50% then slowly kill it.

or

Nirvana SMNx3, Pup(tank), Idris Geo(needs macc set for dispel), Cor. AFAC to at least 50% but sometimes can just kill it if no KO move goes off. MMM reset, repeat x6. Bonus points if Cor or geo has DM aug'd TH4. out of 5 runs, Gere ring, Head, Body.

Can probably rep cor for Thf for more th and still be ok.

everyone stood 23+yalms away at all times and never in front. No one died. Pup reactivates/deus ex on KO move, smns hold it till then or rdm can grav. for 2 smn used ramuh VS + ifrit Flaming crush to bypass resists of multiples of same BP + random Light sc. 3smn Ramuh + ifrit x2.
Geo: Indi refresh, Geo Frailty, Bolster at start. Dispel Spikes asap.
2min-10min fight with buffs depending on how many KO's goes off.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-15 04:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I have some additional information to add to this thread regarding Yggr. Specifically its potency. It appears to be a 50% attack bonus. I did several more runs on normal today and with red curry my attack was 1491. I managed to snag Yggr with Aura Steal and it raised my attack to 2193. Entrust was down at the time and I wasn't receiving any additional attack buffs, so that was purely Yggr's effect. That comes out to a 47% attack boost, but I find it extremely unlikely that it's 47% rather than 50%, since I only checked my stat screen for a brief moment and I also wasn't paying attention to all the buffs/debuffs, plus I may have had a slight piece or two of gear swapped from my original set. It's a pretty safe assumption that the 3% differential is just error on my part and that Yggr does in fact raise Odin's attack by 50%. All in all, it's a really damn powerful buff. Stealing it made for some really fun Rudra's storm numbers too. Heh.

Did you notice it raising his evasion or magic attack as well? On our runs after Yggr we saw a significant increase in evasion for a short period - I'm assuming it's likely an all around stat boost.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-06-15 06:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
pretty easy fight on VD with Nirvana SMNx2, Rdm(silence+gravity), Pup(tank), Idris Geo, Cor. AFAC to 50% then slowly kill it.

or

Nirvana SMNx3, Pup(tank), Idris Geo(needs macc set for dispel), Cor. AFAC to at least 50% but sometimes can just kill it if no KO move goes off. MMM reset, repeat x6. Bonus points if Cor or geo has DM aug'd TH4. out of 5 runs, Gere ring, Head, Body.

Can probably rep cor for Thf for more th and still be ok.

everyone stood 23+yalms away at all times and never in front. No one died. Pup reactivates/deus ex on KO move, smns hold it till then or rdm can grav. for 2 smn used ramuh VS + ifrit Flaming crush to bypass resists of multiples of same BP + random Light sc. 3smn Ramuh + ifrit x2.
Geo: Indi refresh, Geo Frailty, Bolster at start. Dispel Spikes asap.
2min-10min fight with buffs depending on how many KO's goes off.

I've been doing pet style also with rdm as well. only 1x smn though, also 10 min fight. Smn would often Flaming crush off bone crusher.
bone crusher 5k, flaming crush 45k ~50k, >>> Light 30K
couldn't quite get the corsair to fomalhaut last stand for radiance, but working on it :D

actually saw alot of double gear drops (though just as often no gear drops) with th4+
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-15 09:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Did you notice it raising his evasion or magic attack as well? On our runs after Yggr we saw a significant increase in evasion for a short period - I'm assuming it's likely an all around stat boost.

I've never seen Odin gain any significant amount of evasion, but my thief is in the top few percentiles and I tp in around 1380 accuracy without any help just from gear quality. I only checked my attack last night so I can't say anything without a followup. I can easily measure defense increase if there is one and I can use /checkparam to verify evasion changes. Magic Attack would be harder to gauge since /checkparam doesn't return those values, but it would be inferred at that point anyway. I suppose I could always throw around an aeolian edge or two for testing purposes. If it's a straight perfecntage buff I should definitely see some kind of change.

EDIT: I'm doubtful on the evasion thing though. Now that I think about it, I specifically remember the buff had a tooltilp that said my attack was being raised. I moused over the icon to check and it was the usual attack buff icon. There's still a good chance it works on magic attack too though.

It doesn't affect magic attack, evasion, or anything else. It's physical attack only. See my response 3 posts down for followup.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-15 13:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajamu said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Can probably rep cor for Thf for more th and still be ok

Was curious about having thf in the setup. Since thf has access to some decent ranged gear they could just plant th on odin and shoot from a distance to be safe then. If that is the case how about a proper subjob? Im no expert on a cor sub but thf/cor for some rolls? I dunno. Sorry if I sound like a noob hehe.
you could do thf/cor and do 1 roll. you dont really want to be in range of KO move so /nin or /dnc shouldnt matter
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-15 13:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm stumped as to the exact specifics on Yggr's attack calculation. I ran a pair of very easy solo runs just to test it out. On my first run Yggr boosted my attack from 1391 to 2011 in my tp set, so it looked like a flat 650 attack buff. In the second instance I had Yggr up after the fight ended so I was able to click off my other buffs to isolate it. I had 2112 attack with Yggr on, and after I clicked it off I was down to 1458. I had slightly different gear equipped from the first run, but with no gear swaps I can confirm those values with 100% confidence. That's a difference of 654 attack, and around 1.448% boost. Neither of those figures is a nice even increase. It's possible it's just a very large attack boost with a slight randomization. Either way, I can confirm it ONLY affects physical attack. My defense and evasion values were unchanged with and without Yggr. And I can also confirm it does NOT raise magic attack either. I used aelian edge at 300% TP without Yggr and did 4256 damage. Then I used aeolian edge WITH Yggr at 300% TP and it still did 4256 damage. Yggr is purely physical attack, but it's a very very large boost. I'm getting roughly 650 attack every time I take it so yeah.... super potent.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-15 15:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Well I'm stumped as to the exact specifics on Yggr's attack calculation. I ran a pair of very easy solo runs just to test it out. On my first run Yggr boosted my attack from 1391 to 2011 in my tp set, so it looked like a flat 650 attack buff. In the second instance I had Yggr up after the fight ended so I was able to click off my other buffs to isolate it. I had 2112 attack with Yggr on, and after I clicked it off I was down to 1458. I had slightly different gear equipped from the first run, but with no gear swaps I can confirm those values with 100% confidence. That's a difference of 654 attack, and around 1.448% boost. Neither of those figures is a nice even increase. It's possible it's just a very large attack boost with a slight randomization. Either way, I can confirm it ONLY affects physical attack. My defense and evasion values were unchanged with and without Yggr. And I can also confirm it does NOT raise magic attack either. I used aelian edge at 300% TP without Yggr and did 4256 damage. Then I used aeolian edge WITH Yggr at 300% TP and it still did 4256 damage. Yggr is purely physical attack, but it's a very very large boost. I'm getting roughly 650 attack every time I take it so yeah.... super potent.

Much appreciated, I thought I had just dropped enlight and not noticed but our sam was whiffing a bit too - must have just been a coincidence.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-15 16:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it had to have been a coincidence. I actually took a few screenshots from the run and just uploaded them to Imgur to backup my claims with hard proof. The first screenshot shows my checkparam stats before I entered, and the second is my stats immediately after stealing Yggrr. You can see evasion is untouched, and the boost in defense was from Apururu casting protect on me. I clicked off protect afterward just to make sure and as soon as I did my defense dropped back to 1140. The other screenshots are just to emphasize how potent that attack buff is. The last one has a bunch of empyrean aftermath procs though, so take that into account and divide it out to get a feel for how much damage I could hit with it on.

https://imgur.com/a/ybuuGcx

Suffice to say dispelling Yggr in a timely fashion is absolutely critical in any melee setup. It's freakin deadly.
[+]
By Sabishii 2019-06-15 22:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Endark increases his damage too, and it's constantly casting it and it's increasing in potency too, right?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-15 22:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the loot handled for this? Can you buy ***without being able to do the fight? Does the loot drop inside WOE_U?
By Sabishii 2019-06-15 22:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
How is the loot handled for this? Can you buy ***without being able to do the fight? Does the loot drop inside WOE_U?

Everyone inside gets some random chapters in personal, then it drops some stones/boxes/cases, maybe a couple crafting items, and hopefully equipment into the pool. It drops it while in walk of echoes. You don't leave the zone upon completion of the fight, but you can use a temp item or warp out to leave.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-15 22:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So they made it impossible to buy without being able to access, yes?
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-15 23:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So they made it impossible to buy without being able to access, yes?

That's correct. All treasure is allocated inside the battlefield. There's a 6 minute timer after Odin dies and everything falls before the party is transported back to Selbina.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-06-16 13:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've managed to solo Difficult on SMN a few times now but it's a tough fight.
YouTube Video Placeholder

/SCH is extremely useful for Dispel and Silena.
Only AAHM has enough defense to survive Zantetsuken X with buffs/cheer at this level, other trusts need Titan's Favor. Tidal Roar/Full Break don't overwrite the attack boost actually.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-06-16 13:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's extremely impressive. That great sword drop at the end is definitely well-earned. lol
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-06-17 14:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Something Something Spicy says this page is done and decent info. I didn't look at it though. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Odin_Prime
[+]
By Taint 2019-06-19 05:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone seen a gear drop on VE or E?

TH4+ for all my runs. I stopped counting at 53. I should be at 0/72-74 now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10