Lakshmi.Cortez
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-06-10 16:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Asura.Hanzsolo said: »
Can anyone confirm or deny Dynamis D lockout from HTB Odin fight?
Can confirm. God bless I didn't have Odin beaten haha.

SE doing anything about this?
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-10 16:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-06-10 16:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
How are you guys handling zantet x? Just using pet setup and not really worrying about it?

Puppets ate Zantet X, Odin would then start chasing the RDM. However, Odin seems to be easy to kite since he likes to stop and cast spells. It gives the PUPs plenty of time to summon new puppets to rejoin the fight.

Also, at 5%, Odin did Zantetsuken Kai, which did about 3500 dmg to my tank auto and one-shotted the RNG auto. I'm not sure if it's straight damage, or similar to 10k needles.
If it's similar to the version he uses in other versions of the fight, it's straight 95% of target's max hp. So if it's anywhere below 96% it's going to die.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-10 16:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Asura.Hanzsolo said: »
Can anyone confirm or deny Dynamis D lockout from HTB Odin fight?
Can confirm. God bless I didn't have Odin beaten haha.

SE doing anything about this?

Dunno, but its a fresh 72h lockout from dyna-d every time you enter odin. So, hold off for now if you want to do dyna any time soon lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-10 16:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What does Odin have to do with dynamis d?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-06-10 16:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What does Odin have to do with dynamis d?
No idea, but I was up for my last clear on PUP tomorrow night, and now it says 6/13.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-10 16:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably used the same instance server they set up for dyna to do the new selbina zone, and had dyna timer as an event triggered by entering the instance.

Not a hard fix, probably a single simple if statement around the event logic.

Downside is, this means all the new ambuscade instances they put there are going to choke dynamis even worse.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-06-10 16:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing dienamis is the single worst event ever created. Nothing of value lost.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-10 16:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Went a few times to Odin on myself. Still allowing me to enter Dyna D. My alt went once, and giving me a wait time. But, when I click the entrance on me with alt in party it is still giving me the option to enter.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-10 16:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Good thing dienamis is the single worst event ever created. Nothing of value lost.
It's also current endgame and barely playable as is. Making it even less playable to reduce amb queues is not a benefit to the game as a whole.

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Went a few times to Odin on myself. Still allowing me to enter Dyna D. My alt went once, and giving me a wait time. But, when I click the entrance on me with alt in party it is still giving me the option to enter.
LS mate went straight to dyna to check after entering and it told him he could go in, then after zoning it changed to showing him a lockout. Not really sure what's going on with it.
By aashafox 2019-06-10 16:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat him... and can't get into Dynamis-D till 6/13
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-06-10 16:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
How are you guys handling zantet x? Just using pet setup and not really worrying about it?

Puppets ate Zantet X, Odin would then start chasing the RDM. However, Odin seems to be easy to kite since he likes to stop and cast spells. It gives the PUPs plenty of time to summon new puppets to rejoin the fight.

Also, at 5%, Odin did Zantetsuken Kai, which did about 3500 dmg to my tank auto and one-shotted the RNG auto. I'm not sure if it's straight damage, or similar to 10k needles.
If it's similar to the version he uses in other versions of the fight, it's straight 95% of target's max hp. So if it's anywhere below 96% it's going to die.

Makes sense. My puppet went from 99% HP down to 4% HP, so it fits.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-06-10 17:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
You've been a fantastic ally all these years, Epona's Ring. You can finally sleep now.

I've had full conversations with human beings who've been alive for less time than I've used Epona's Ring in my TP set.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-06-10 17:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat Odin, I still have access to Dynamis
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-10 17:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly the person that enters doesn't get locked out. It's everyone else lol
[+]
By Aerix 2019-06-10 17:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kai didn't hit the RNG maton at all, so it's either conal or single target. Zantetsuken X is 20' circle AoE and did kill my maton.

Edit: I can also confirm the Dyna-D lockout because of Odin.
By Churanira 2019-06-10 17:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So what are the new blm merits like? does anyone know if the ancient magic II burst goes past cap or if the other options are worthwhile?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-10 17:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

m.acc is 5 per point and doesn't say it's limited to debuffs, so that should be a free 25 m.acc on all nukes.. obvious choice to me

past that, another -10(maybe 15 with relic legs?) INT to burn is neat.. aspir enhancement is situational but not bad, not sure if AM2 is worth using yet will have to wait for someone more invested in blm to weigh in
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-10 18:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Making it even less playable to reduce amb queues is not a benefit to the game as a whole.

Surely you don't think this is intentional, right? Feels like Odin/Divergence shared timers are just a mistake based on using a similar instanced entry system.
[+]
By Churanira 2019-06-10 18:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i won't merit into aspir since it's already stupid easy to hit 1k+aspir with barely any gear, INT plays a small role unless you are over the mobs INT cap whateverthefuck, so from what i can see debuff pot can be worthwhile if nuking specific elements or the MAB or MB dmg might be the way to go
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-10 18:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Surely you don't think this is intentional, right? Feels like Odin/Divergence shared timers are just a mistake based on using a similar instanced entry system.
The timer? Obviously not intentional.

The implication is that since the timer is triggering and they're unlikely to dedicate new hardware, they're putting Odin and the secondary Ambuscade entrance into the same server as Dynamis-Divergence.

Thus, the lag issues being caused by server not keeping up will be made worse due to the same server also having to handle Odin runs and Ambuscade runs on top of Dynamis.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-06-10 18:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Making it even less playable to reduce amb queues is not a benefit to the game as a whole.

They probably copy/pasted the logic and forgot to take the timer out is all, lol...
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-10 18:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly the person that enters doesn't get locked out. It's everyone else lol

This does appear to be the case.

I've gone in ~5 times, all either solo/trusts or as party leader. Didn't reset my Divergence timer (went Sunday, it's still up for re-entry Wednesday).

Brought my alt in, who also went to Divergence same time as me on Sunday, and that character DID have Divergence timer reset at 72 hours.

Jetackuu said: »
They probably copy/pasted the logic and forgot to take the timer out is all, lol...

You can tell they really paid attention to detail, as there is also a difficulty option of "Vrry Easy". And they left some Odin /say text in the fight untranslated in Japanese.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-10 18:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By aashafox 2019-06-10 18:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This does appear to be the case.

I've gone in ~5 times, all either solo/trusts or as party leader. Didn't reset my Divergence timer (went Sunday, it's still up for re-entry Wednesday).

Brought my alt in, who also went to Divergence same time as me on Sunday, and that character DID have Divergence timer reset at 72 hours.

Jetackuu said: »

You can tell they really paid attention to detail, as there is also a difficulty option of "Vrry Easy". And they left some Odin /say text in the fight untranslated in Japanese.

I was solo when I beat VE and I was unable to get in.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-06-10 19:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW for anyone looking to stock up on Odin loot for alts, you're out of luck. None of his items (rings, weapons, armor) are same account sendable.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-10 19:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny, I half interpreted that as a joke because of gear names (double rr's).
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-10 19:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
BTW for anyone looking to stock up on Odin loot for alts, you're out of luck. None of his items (rings, weapons, armor) are same account sendable.

Thanks for confirming this for me. I expect to get these items on mules from daily gobbie box that won't be able to use them now.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7