Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 198 199 200
By Viciouss 2019-07-12 09:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
And Labor Secretary Acosta just resigned for giving Epstein the deal of a lifetime. That attempt to shift the blame did not work at all.

This is of course, 100% accurate. Why even bother trying to dispute it other than to troll? Acosta still has plenty to answer for, maybe he should try explaining why he gave Epstein a deal at all? Why didn't he prosecute him?
By Nausi 2019-07-12 09:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And Labor Secretary Acosta just resigned for giving Epstein the deal of a lifetime. That attempt to shift the blame did not work at all.

This is of course, 100% accurate. Why even bother trying to dispute it other than to troll? Acosta still has plenty to answer for, maybe he should try explaining why he gave Epstein a deal at all? Why didn't he prosecute him?
This is all fabricated. Acosta did offer explanation, and he did prosecute Epstein, thats why he did jail time. Maybe Dems should explain why they wanted to let him go, and still gladly took his money despite Epstein’s known industrial scale pedophilia.

They’re playing right into Trumps hands.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-12 13:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The Jeffrey Epstein scandal has found its way into Israel's elections
CNN

With mud flying in all directions.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-12 13:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »

This is all fabricated. Acosta did offer explanation, and he did prosecute Epstein, thats why he did jail time. Maybe Dems should explain why they wanted to let him go, and still gladly took his money despite Epstein’s known industrial scale pedophilia.

They’re playing right into Trumps hands.

His Democrat connections got the original Florida prosecutors office to throw the case and he was going to walk away without a conviction. Acosta was able to turn that around and get something from it.

This dude is super connected to the Democrat party. Remember back during that time Trump was also heavily connected to that group.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-12 14:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a great article about immigrants in farm labor.

Beyond the border: Tracking America's hidden workforce
CNN

The stat that I had been looking for some pages back.
Quote:
The US Department of Labor's most recent survey of hired farm workers found that 76% were born outside of America -- the vast majority coming from Mexico. The survey also found that 49% of all workers did not have work authorization, according to the Department of Labor report....
By Nausi 2019-07-12 14:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't mean farms NEED them at the expense of our culture, history and language Chanti.

The reason we had an industrial revolution was because we ceased the practice of slavery.

Exploiting illegals for cheap labor doesn't really benefit anyone.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-07-13 00:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile:
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-07-13 04:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Found a great article about immigrants in farm labor.

Beyond the border: Tracking America's hidden workforce
CNN

The stat that I had been looking for some pages back.

76% of 5k face-to-face interviewed workers. That isn't the greatest sample size considering that there are over 1 million hired farm workers.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-13 07:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, it kinda depends. If the sampling is done correctly, 5k is actually a very thorough sample size. If they're blocking their sampling incorrectly (which is very common, unfortunately), then a sample of 5k is meaningless.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-07-13 07:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, just don't agree that 1/3 of 1% of a population is enough to get an accurate representation of the entire group. Especially when other studies of larger sample sizes have much different results. Blocking or not, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
By Eboneezer 2019-07-13 07:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

and after some research into it, seems that should be enough. Still doesn't make sense to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-13 08:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, no worries. It doesn't seem logical on the surface. I used to think the same thing until I really got into it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-07-13 09:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The department of labor is usually pretty good about their sampling, they are after accurate statistics rather than axe grinding fodder.

But I do wonder about their sampling and contact methods.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-13 09:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump back nancy in the dem civil war. That only escalates things between the dems.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-07-13 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Trump back nancy in the dem civil war. That only escalates things between the dems.

It's kinda funny, actually. Just as AOC finally starts to get blowback from the media and other Dems for her complete idiocy, the Pavlov response to Trump backing Pelosi could drag things out a bit. Old Nancy's not going to reciprocate one bit, but still.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-07-13 15:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
But I do wonder about their sampling and contact methods.

Somewhat off the original topic, but as I was reading through the methodology, one thing that had me scratching my head was that they had statistics listed for people that didn't have work authorization...but say they didn't include people with work visas in the study and that they considered them ineligible to be interviewed. Also interested to know why they excluded anyone that works exclusively with livestock. Or excluded anyone that made decisions on when/where/how to plant/harvest.

I'm still in a haze from these last shifts and another long one about to start. Going to try to go back through the whole thing tomorrow when I focus better. Pretty interesting read nonetheless
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2019-07-13 15:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

right leaning people here- honest question. who do you think is a strong candidate for the Dems?

i don't wanna backread.
By Nausi 2019-07-13 15:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lefties throwing incendiary devices at ice centers.

Anyone seen vic today? Gotta make sure he’s not with them.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-13 18:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
right leaning people here- honest question. who do you think is a strong candidate for the Dems?

i don't wanna backread.

Senator Angus King, though he will never run for President.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2019-07-13 19:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

i don't wanna backread.

Out of people that are running or may in the future run?
By fonewear 2019-07-13 20:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't wanna backread.

If they freeze Bernie Sanders Bernie in four years.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-13 20:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Come at me bro

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-13 21:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't wanna backread.

None of them, in order to appease the radical minority of their party they have all become radical themselves. Biden, the single kinda moderate has already thrown his towel in with the rest.
By fonewear 2019-07-13 22:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Nausi 2019-07-14 07:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Antifa has now produced their own tim mcveigh
By Viciouss 2019-07-14 10:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing unites the Dems like an idiotic xenophobic tweet from Trump! Its going to be great to watch nausi spin himself into knots trying to cover for him.
By Nausi 2019-07-14 13:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing unites the Dems like an idiotic xenophobic tweet from Trump! Its going to be great to watch nausi spin himself into knots trying to cover for him.

1) Dems fabricated racism yet again, incorrectly claiming it exists where there is no evidence it does. - Vic won't bother to explain this, he'll just pretend I didn't say it.

2) Everyone hates Nancy, her "biting back" at Trump is seen as a covert way to ally with him

3) Trump played this perfectly. Dem not only took the bait they swallowed the whole hook.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-07-14 13:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to see you didn't get shot yesterday firebombing ICE Vic.

I mean that!
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-07-14 14:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, it's going to be great to watch nausi try to spin. Keep trying!
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 198 199 200