Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 198 199 200
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 10:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not so surprising. I support an impeachment inquiry too. Let the Party of Backfire make fools of themselves.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-08 11:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As a follow up:

Quote:
Stone and Parker issued an apology on Monday after China's crackdown -- well, kind of.

"Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts," they said in a statement on Twitter. "We too love money more than freedom and democracy."

Watch the full episode - https://t.co/oktKSJdI9i@THR article - https://t.co/nXrtmnwCJB pic.twitter.com/Xj5a1yE2eL
— South Park (@SouthPark) October 7, 2019
CNN
By Nausi 2019-10-08 11:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They’re making up their own polls they always have.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 11:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, Rasmussen and Zogby continue to be the only real polls, everything else is fake.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 13:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Trump just blocked testimony at the last second, pretty paranoid eh? So much for transparency, let the excuses roll in.

I read an interesting article about the process. Basically, because Pelosi hasn't called for a formal vote to launch the inquiry, the executive branch has stronger claims of privilege. A formal inquiry has clear rules that ensure an opportunity for fair defense under the law because it operates similar to trial proceedings.

Basically, this is evidence that Pelosi wants the optics of an impeachment inquiry without having to actually follow the rules of one. It makes you wonder if they actually think they have a case or if they just want to drag this out as long as possible to hurt public opinion of the President without actually impeaching him.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-08 13:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dems subpoenas are impotent without the house vote to approve the inquiry.

See the whole house has to have the opportunity to vote on impeachment in order for it to hold any water. The dems don’t want that because they know its their end, so they have kept everything in committee.

Anything that comes from a committee doesn’t have any teeth.
By Nausi 2019-10-08 13:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to Rav, this is evidence that Pelosi has lost control of her own party.

Complete civil war in the DNC.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 13:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, that was the go to excuse. Too bad by waiting until the last second, with the ambassador ready and willing to testify, it just looks like clear obstruction. Its not going to create any pressure on the Dems to hold a vote, especially when you continue to blindside your own people.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 13:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Dems subpoenas are impotent without the house vote to approve the inquiry.

See the whole house has to have the opportunity to vote on impeachment in order for it to hold any water. The dems don’t want that because they know its their end, so they have kept everything in committee.

Anything that comes from a committee doesn’t have any teeth.

This is of course, a complete lie. Subpoenas from the Intel Committee hold the same weight regardless of circumstance. To defy one is to break the law.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 13:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to Rav, this is evidence that Pelosi has lost control of her own party.

Complete civil war in the DNC.

Another complete, delusional lie.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 13:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, that was the go to excuse. Too bad by waiting until the last second, with the ambassador ready and willing to testify, it just looks like clear obstruction. Its not going to create any pressure on the Dems to hold a vote, especially when you continue to blindside your own people.

What? Why wouldn't they have pressure to hold a vote? Do they plan on impeaching without following the Constitution?
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 13:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

What? Why wouldn't they have pressure to hold a vote? Do they plan on impeaching without following the Constitution?

Who is pressuring them to hold a vote? Just continue to conduct the investigations through normal procedures. Subpoenas still hold the same weight. Let Trump play the obstructionist.
By Nausi 2019-10-08 13:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no obstruction because there is no official impeachment inquiry.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 13:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The legality of subpoenas doesn't change because of hurt feelings.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 13:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I already pointed out that the executive branch has more power to exercise privilege without the official inquiry. If Pelosi won't play by the rules, there's no reason that Trump should. They're trying to deny him his rights.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 13:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I already pointed out that the executive branch has more power to exercise privilege without the official inquiry. If Pelosi won't play by the rules, there's no reason that Trump should. They're trying to deny him his rights.

lol, they aren't trying to deny anyone their rights. Who knows where you are getting the idea that Trump's rights differ depending on the kind of investigation that is taking place.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 14:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, they aren't trying to deny anyone their rights. Who knows where you are getting the idea that Trump's rights differ depending on the kind of investigation that is taking place.

Um, because procedurally they do. Just because you're clueless™ and choose to remain that way doesn't mean you're automatically right.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-08 14:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Congress is not allowed to hinder the president continuously with investigation after investigation into fabricated rumor and innuendo.

Thats why this executive privilege exists.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-08 14:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere Africa is playing in a dead mall near you !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 14:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, because procedurally they do. Just because you're clueless™ and choose to remain that way doesn't mean you're automatically right.

Again with the cute, inaccurate labels. You haven't shown any evidence that Trump's rights differ depending on the kind of investigation that is going on. Also, there is a reason he is losing so many rulings in these subpoena cases that have nothing to do with the inquiry. Citing executive privilege over and over hasn't worked in court, there is no reason to believe it is going to just start working now. Especially with today's obstruction, the ambassador was ready and willing to testify, having no concern about executive privilege.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 14:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Congress is not allowed to hinder the president continuously with investigation after investigation into fabricated rumor and innuendo.

Um, yes they are. And no, that is not even close to why executive privilege exists.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-08 14:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Okay, yeah. Saevel was right. Way too much opinion and pontification here, not enough actual facts.

*Cough*

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Only Trump isn't enforcing the law, he is breaking it

Leftist alarm tripped.

Guys don't bother arguing with him, he's not entering into a good faith discussion.

Just block the dude, he's like an alt of Vic or so forth. Guy came up in here with an agenda and tried to conceal it initially. I have a pretty damn accurate *** detector finely honed through a life of dealing with spineless weasels like this. Best course of action is to write them off and ignore them.

Okay Mr Finely Honed...call me whatever names you would like. Will you block me or write me off? ***sniff***
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-08 14:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Pretty soon the entire thread will be Vic and his sock accounts arguing with himself.

So am I Vic's protege or his sock? Can I be both? :D
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 14:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, well, Vic can't read either it seems. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother. Maybe I'll start talking to brick walls instead. They don't respond, but at least they make sense.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-08 14:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

fone you know I am far too lazy to create a sock account.

...and, when you click on our names it shows when we all joined. Vic, you must have gone back in time to create this sock lol.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 14:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
fone you know I am far too lazy to create a sock account.

...and, when you click on our names it shows when we all joined. Vic, you must have gone back in time to create this sock lol.

My car can definitely get up to 88. And it only has to stay there for a brief second, so, yep! Possible!
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, well, Vic can't read either it seems. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother. Maybe I'll start talking to brick walls instead. They don't respond, but at least they make sense.

Maybe you should start posting some sources, we all know nausi and Saevel just make ***up as they go, don't make us throw you in that little group too. Or better yet, maybe learn what executive privilege is actually designed for, because nausi just illustrated he is..whats that word you have been using...clueless.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-08 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump just blocked testimony at the last second, pretty paranoid eh? So much for transparency, let the excuses roll in.

I read that a few minutes ago...and not surprised. I believe Trump will do whatever he can to try and save his failing presidency. I was looking up our extradition treaties with other countries, and while we have one with Russia, we don't with North Korea. Trump would be safe to flee to that country.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 14:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a reminder, it doesn't matter how many groupies like this post, it isn't true at all. Congress is completely allowed to hinder the President with as many investigations as they want. Especially when they are elected to do exactly that.
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 198 199 200