Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 198 199 200
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 00:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Okay, yeah. Saevel was right. Way too much opinion and pontification here, not enough actual facts.

Says the guy that has gone weeks without posting any facts. You have been misrepresenting Trump's numbers for months, casually not pointing out he remains in the negatives. That Monmouth poll you cherry picked? 43-53. There is no way to spin that as bad for Dems.

Get back to us when he actually has a positive approval rating in RCP. Until that happens, you should probably never talk about polls, because its just spin.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-08 05:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Nausi said: »
We have already explained how Trump is enforcing the law, by requesting Ukraine's help in an ongoing investigation by the AG and justice department.
You have neglected to respond to that point and have insisted that because it doesn't reinforce your point, but instead refutes it, it must be "deflection".

That is sophistry.

Yet you are being dishonest. We've explained to you as well that there is no ongoing investigation into Biden, merely Trump seeking dirt on him. I'm sure that is very typical in politics, but where Trump crossed the line was in seeking that information from a foreign national. The reason that this is considered illegal is because foreign nationals will have their own interests in mind, which does not coincide with the best interests of America.

Uhhh, no. You're still missing the mark. The U.S. gets help from foreign officials on a regular basis for intelligence relating to investigations. It's okay if you don't know the law, but don't pretend that you do. Cite an official source to back your exact assertion and we can talk.

There is no investigation into Biden, I think that is where the fallacy in your argument lies. The source of Trump seeking damaging information from the Ukraine is on video, he admitted to it. I don't have a link to that right now, but I'm sure I can get one. I just didn't think that was in question...or are you attempting one of those "goal post movements" where you ask me to prove something, then I prove it, and then you say the proof doesn't prove it? I'm beginning to see the method to your madness.
Barr is investigating the origins of the steele dossier which lead to the unauthorized spying on the Trump campaign. Biden's influences on Ukraine are most certainly related to that.

Those are really wild conspiracy theories. You're very creative.
How is it a conspiracy theory?

con·spir·a·cy the·o·ry
noun
a belief that some covert but influential person or organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

"Barr is investigating the origins of the steele dossier which lead to the unauthorized spying on the Trump campaign. Biden's influences on Ukraine are most certainly related to that."
Are you unfamiliar with Ukraines role in the steele dossier?

Are you unfamiliar with Agent Orange selling out our democracy, our freedom, our patriotism, our constitution to a foreign national?

How important is it for you to be right in a debate?
Thats a deflection, more sophistry.
By Nausi 2019-10-08 06:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
OK, let's summarize.

If there was a justice department investigation into the Bidens, or that Ukrainian gas company, Barr could ask any government on the planet to aid in the investigation.

Even if there was a justice department investigation into the Bidens, or that Ukrainian gas company, Trump's "nice country you have there it would be a shame if Russia happened to it" act would still be an impeachable offense.

But there isn't a justice department investigation into the Bidens, or that Ukrainian gas company.

This does not make in any way Trump's "nice country you have there it would be a shame if Russia happened to it" act any less impeachable.
Trump literally asked the guy to cooperate with Barr and his investigation.

Trump literally asked a foreign national to contribute information on a political opponent to sway the 2020 election. Trump doesn't even have enough confidence in himself to win legitimately.
No, he asked another head of state to cooperate with an ongoing investigation of the justice department.

The biggest joke here is your claim you voted for Trump.

We can’t let him get the nuclear codes, Amirite?
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-08 07:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-clinton-tony-blair-donald-trump-campaign.amp"> https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-clinton-tony-blair-donald-trump-campaign.amp

Presidents ask for foreign assistance in investigations often The only difference was when Clinton did it, it was overtly political, when Trump does it its to investigate someone confessing to his own corruption on tape.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-08 08:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, let's summarize.

If there was a justice department investigation into the Bidens, or that Ukrainian gas company, Barr could ask any government on the planet to aid in the investigation.

Even if there was a justice department investigation into the Bidens, or that Ukrainian gas company, Trump's "nice country you have there it would be a shame if Russia happened to it" act would still be an impeachable offense.

But there isn't a justice department investigation into the Bidens, or that Ukrainian gas company.

This does not make in any way Trump's "nice country you have there it would be a shame if Russia happened to it" act any less impeachable.

Trump literally asked a foreign national to contribute information on a political opponent to sway the 2020 election. Trump doesn't even have enough confidence in himself to win legitimately.
No, he asked another head of state to cooperate with an ongoing investigation of the justice department.

It has been explained to you numerous times that there is no ongoing investigation into Biden. I mean, I know it would excuse Trump's behavior to some...but it just isn't happening, no matter how much you want it to.

I was wrong in voting for Trump, but I can own a mistake. Can you?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-08 08:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-clinton-tony-blair-donald-trump-campaign.amp"> https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-clinton-tony-blair-donald-trump-campaign.amp

Presidents ask for foreign assistance in investigations often The only difference was when Clinton did it, it was overtly political, when Trump does it its to investigate someone confessing to his own corruption on tape.

lol @ faux news.

but Clinton! but but Obama!! Butter emails!!!

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-08 08:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, yeah. Saevel was right. Way too much opinion and pontification here, not enough actual facts.

*Cough*

Asura.Saevel said: »
Only Trump isn't enforcing the law, he is breaking it

Leftist alarm tripped.

Guys don't bother arguing with him, he's not entering into a good faith discussion.

Just block the dude, he's like an alt of Vic or so forth. Guy came up in here with an agenda and tried to conceal it initially. I have a pretty damn accurate *** detector finely honed through a life of dealing with spineless weasels like this. Best course of action is to write them off and ignore them.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-08 08:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't convenient that a thread with about 3 posters.

All of the sudden some guy no one has ever heard of appears.

And he happens to sound a lot like Vic.

Makes you wonder.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-08 08:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda said that one Vic account isn't enough.

He needs to argue with Nausi on two accounts.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-08 08:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty soon the entire thread will be Vic and his sock accounts arguing with himself.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-08 08:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, let's summarize.

It has been explained to you numerous times that there is no ongoing investigation into Biden. I mean, I know it would excuse Trump's behavior to some...but it just isn't happening, no matter how much you want it to.

I was wrong in voting for Trump, but I can own a mistake. Can you?
Wrong. You have made the claim there is no investigation into biden. I have explained that there is both by Ukraine, and by Barr as an ongoing investigation into the origins of the steele dossier.

Lets get real, you never voted for Trump.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 08:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fone you know I am far too lazy to create a sock account.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-10-08 08:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, let's summarize.

Trump is also literally Hitler.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 08:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong. You have made the claim there is no investigation into biden. I have explained that there is both by Ukraine, and by Barr as an ongoing investigation into the origins of the steele dossier.

Lets get real, you never voted for Trump.

There is no evidence that Ukraine nor Barr are investigating Biden. Ukraine has actually said they are not, so there goes that conspiracy. Also, Biden has nothing to do with the Steele dossier, where did this conspiracy even come from?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 09:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Says the guy that has gone weeks without posting any facts. You have been misrepresenting Trump's numbers for months, casually not pointing out he remains in the negatives. That Monmouth poll you cherry picked? 43-53. There is no way to spin that as bad for Dems.

Get back to us when he actually has a positive approval rating in RCP. Until that happens, you should probably never talk about polls, because its just spin.

"Hurr durr negative spread!" That's all you've got, Vic. You are utterly incapable of understanding complex issues because you boil them down to pure idiocy as it's the only thing you can process. Not only can Trump win reelection with negative approval, but Obama had nearly the same disapproval spread at this exact same point in his presidency. But hey, you didn't know that, because you're clueless.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-08 09:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

‘South Park’ Removed From Chinese Internet After Critical ‘Band in China’ Episode
Yahoo

This post is dedicated to Fone.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-08 09:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
In more interesting local news, the Quebec government attempted to ban the public and private sectors from using "Bonjour Hi" as a greeting because it's supposedly a threat to the french language.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-quebec-government-moves-to-ban-popular-bilingual-greeting-bonjourhi/

It didn't take them long to abandon that idea, but just the fact they were thinking about giving fines to businesses greeting people with "Bonjour Hi" is mind blowing.
Quebec has this THING about the purity of their French. They claim to speak the purest French on the planet.

Side note, a few decades back the provincial government threw a hissy fit because they weren't invited to a conference of francophone nations.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 09:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news. Ellen DeGeneres is taking a lot of heat for coincidentally sitting next to George and Laura Bush at a football game and not unleashing righteous liberal fury at him. Worse, she defended herself by saying that she has friends of all political persuasions and that we need to all be kind to one another.

Whoa, what a freaking radical she is. She's friends with a war criminal?!? If Hitler was around, would you be "kind" to him too?!? Ellen needs to go.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 09:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So tell me, after your biggest eyeroll, did you any brain cells?

Did I any brain cells? Sorry, had to quote this before you deleted it, because the irony is just too good.

What is in your avatar? It looks like a pen leaked.

Bahamut Zero. You need some FFVII in your life.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 09:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

"Hurr durr negative spread!" That's all you've got, Vic. You are utterly incapable of understanding complex issues because you boil them down to pure idiocy as it's the only thing you can process. Not only can Trump win reelection with negative approval, but Obama had nearly the same disapproval spread at this exact same point in his presidency. But hey, you didn't know that, because you're clueless.

This was cute and all, and wrong. I'm capable of understanding anything you can understand, you are looking at the same information as everyone else. You don't have any inside knowledge that the public doesn't.

Trump has had a majority of the country disapproving his performance for all but one month of his Presidency. Not a plurality, a majority. No one has ever been this unpopular. I will take our negative spread and leave you with nothing. Because thats what you are working with. Clinging to Obama comparisons, really?

Fox News just released a state poll from Wisconsin, Trump is dying there. I thought he would be running a little better there but nope, the farmers are over it. He is already dead in PA and MI, you can pretty much take those states off the board, without Wisconsin, he can't win. And thats not even getting into the battleground states. The EC favors the Dems, turnout favors the Dems, so why should we be worried? All of the candidates are running ahead of Trump, and this was before the Ukraine/Syria blunders. 2020 can't get here fast enough.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-08 09:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yes. Those state polls from a year out. Remember when Trump was way down in Wisconsin just weeks out? Yeah, Pepperidge Farm remembers. You were wrong then too.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-08 09:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst part about it here folks...there a many Vic's out there in America and they can vote *shudders*
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-08 09:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just think some guy that watches CNN 24/7 has the right to vote.

We need to rethink who can vote and who can not vote.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-08 09:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to think a dictatorship wouldn't be such a bad idea.

If we don't like him we can always overthrow them. It seems to work in the Middle East.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 09:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yes. Those state polls from a year out. Remember when Trump was way down in Wisconsin just weeks out? Yeah, Pepperidge Farm remembers. You were wrong then too.

Sure sure. Keep clinging.
By Viciouss 2019-10-08 09:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump just blocked testimony at the last second, pretty paranoid eh? So much for transparency, let the excuses roll in.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-08 10:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

New Poll Shows 20-Point Increase in Support for Impeachment Inquiry—Among Republicans
Slate

Quote:
A new poll out Tuesday from the Washington Post and the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University shows dramatic shifts in support of the impeachment process, with 58 percent of the country now saying they support the impeachment inquiry and nearly half—49 percent—saying they support removing Trump from office....

“Since a July poll by The Post and ABC, there has been movement toward an impeachment inquiry among all three groups, with support for the inquiry rising by 25 points among Democrats, 21 points among Republicans and 20 points among independents,” ...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 198 199 200