Marvelous Cheer (All Jobs Wind Instrument)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Marvelous Cheer (All jobs Wind Instrument)
Marvelous Cheer (All jobs Wind Instrument)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-06-04 05:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some testing.

Doesn't grant a 2nd song, be it BRD main or sub job.
Doesn't combine singing and wind skill, be it BRD main or sub job.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-06-04 09:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is such a troll instrument. Marvelous naming. It removes Wind Skill entirely while equipped.

Bard sub job dream dies!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-04 09:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl what a troll, that's legendary
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-04 11:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was always under the impression that the reason players couldn't use 2 songs as /BRD was because we couldn't equip an instrument on any other job.

Who lockstyles instruments? This is derpy.

Edit: Wait. You can't have a second song as BRD main either? Someone at SE should really hire one of us old vets from early 2000s as a consultant just so we can trouble-shoot their screwed up content before it makes it to the live server.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-04 11:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Someone at SE should really hire one of us old vets from early 2000s as a consultant
implying you know anything besides how to post crappy memes
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-06-04 14:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I was always under the impression that the reason players couldn't use 2 songs as /BRD was because we couldn't equip an instrument on any other job.

Who lockstyles instruments? This is derpy.

Edit: Wait. You can't have a second song as BRD main either? Someone at SE should really hire one of us old vets from early 2000s as a consultant just so we can trouble-shoot their screwed up content before it makes it to the live server.

I don't think it's broken. It was probably just intended as a lockstyle/vanity only Instrument. And the way they implemented the 2nd song was probably tied to Instrument skill so they just made it remove Wind skill so /brd wouldn't get two songs.

I'm not a fan of how it looks though....
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-04 14:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it would have been a huge bonus, but it would have opened up a /brd support option. There isn't any song+ gear that non BRD can use, and only one good ilvl piece of duration gear, so it wouldn't have broken anything to give non BRDs 2 songs.
By Shichishito 2019-06-04 15:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
implying you know anything besides how to post crappy memes

objection! they aren't that crappy and even if that was his only perk its still one hell of a lot more than the dev team has to offer.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-06-04 15:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For a game built around varying main / sub options, it always puzzled me the state SE left some jobs in as far as not working well in the main / sub paradigm.

Through all the years of potential data mining the player base for what combinations were popular and which ones weren't, and through all the job adjustments they did do through the years, it just surprises me that they never seemed to put much effort into making some jobs a bit more attractive as a sub job, either through job traits, job abilities, or some kind of gear options.
[+]