Current Most Active Server?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » current most active server?
current most active server?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-30 20:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

One person leaving doesn't solve the problem. Getting enough people to rival asura without being absolute garbage like asura... does

They really should indiscriminately take the entirety of asura and split it to make all servers equal. Then close it. If you don't like where you got sent you can jump somewhere else. Lots of money to be made.

If another server becomes too assuralike. do it again.

or incentivize being on other servers. permanent double cp everywhere except asura.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-30 21:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
One person leaving doesn't solve the problem. Getting enough people to rival asura without being absolute garbage like asura... does

They really should indiscriminately take the entirety of asura and split it to make all servers equal. Then close it. If you don't like where you got sent you can jump somewhere else. Lots of money to be made.

or incentivize being on other servers. permanent double cp everywhere except asura.

while I wouldn't go that far, I have been surprised for a long time they haven't closed transfers TO asura.
 Asura.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Asura.Uzugami 2019-04-30 21:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Shiva isn't much of a GMT server (400-500 with most afk) but it's a decent "middle of the road" server during NA prime time.

Last night there were between 650 and 700 online. During JP prime time that number goes up to between 800-900.

Is Shiva dead compared to Asura? Of course it is if you base it entirely on /yell activity. But it's far from a ghost town, and there are some very good Newbie/Returning shells with veterans that enjoy helping people get caught up, and it's done FREE OF CHARGE. Yes, that's a jab at Asura and it's massive and very well deserved "mercenary" reputation.
Question on this; How is the market on Shiva? I was trying to convince friends to leave asura and go to a "dead" server since we all are socially reclusive, but they refuse to leave because Asura has the "better" market. Meaning, they atleast feel like leaving asura where everything is readily made/sold is a mistake if the same isn't true for other less populated servers.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-30 21:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Market is *** everywhere that isn't assura. Literally the only way anything gets sold anywhere else is because people make enough gil server jumping to sell it there.

This is the number one problem. World wide AH would solve it. Just like how bad it used to be with individual cities vs jeuno AH.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-04-30 21:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Uzugami said: »
Shiva isn't much of a GMT server (400-500 with most afk) but it's a decent "middle of the road" server during NA prime time.

Last night there were between 650 and 700 online. During JP prime time that number goes up to between 800-900.

Is Shiva dead compared to Asura? Of course it is if you base it entirely on /yell activity. But it's far from a ghost town, and there are some very good Newbie/Returning shells with veterans that enjoy helping people get caught up, and it's done FREE OF CHARGE. Yes, that's a jab at Asura and it's massive and very well deserved "mercenary" reputation.
Question on this; How is the market on Shiva? I was trying to convince friends to leave asura and go to a "dead" server since we all are socially reclusive, but they refuse to leave because Asura has the "better" market. Meaning, they atleast feel like leaving asura where everything is readily made/sold is a mistake if the same isn't true for other less populated servers.

It's not bad. Nowhere near as good as Asura is, but that's the problem. Lower population = lower supply and even lower demand. At some point, this needs to balance out whether we do it ourselves as a player base, or by SE's oh so delicate hands.

Obvious answer, IMO, is to link each server's AH into one "mega AH" but spaghetti code wise, that may not be possible considering FFXI's age.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-04-30 21:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

while I wouldn't go that far, I have been surprised for a long time they haven't closed transfers TO asura.

Didn't SE do that to Odin and Bahamut several years ago? I'm shocked they haven't done the same thing to Asura.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-04-30 22:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Didn't SE do that to Odin and Bahamut several years ago? I'm shocked they haven't done the same thing to Asura.

Many years back now, but yea. They locked out odin to all new players and transfers because they had to many accounts on there. The very first server they did this to. - They did it to bahamut a while a later.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-30 23:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »

this isnt the responsibility of the players to fix the issues with 1 over populated server its the company that owns the games responsibility so if you dont like how crowded it is then you move, it will solve everything maybe not for the server but it will for you otherwise the server is what it is and people like to play with other people who speak the same languages and alot of thier old freinds went there too so im not going to listen to people whine about other people coming to their server and feel like im doing something bad if i do.

When SE doesnt take action yes it becomes the players problem. So we do what we can to alleviate the problem, Like telling people to not move here. posting the Cons, ect. Because these new people coming eventually will start threads complaining about bots/merc/overcamping/ambu waits. when It could of all been avoided if they took insight from people already on the server. Its there choice to join but they need to know how bad it is here so the word spreads to stay away.

and this next campaign is just going to make everything 3x worse as people will be reactivating alts for cp event and dark matter event.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-05-01 00:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

500 JP (| Do you need it?| ) (|Buy?|) 10m

Will be every other yell for that entire campaign. If you think the server is "active" based of chat log, it's dumb. You will only see Merc yells and pugs for things you won't be equipped for unless you reöigiously play smn like Frod.

If you just started a thread to find a linkshell that fits your time schedule and would take you with your jobs/skills, just go to whatever server that is and have fun with them.

If you like useless drama, come join us on Asura.
By Prong 2019-05-01 02:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Most good, end game content capable shells on any server don't take in return-to-gamers unless you, "know a guy." Because at this stage in this game, a VERY high percentage of return-to-gamers who come back disappear again in a month or less. Gets annoying answering a million questions and helping gear people who just take off without a word.

Yes, Oit, I mean you.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-05-01 02:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear Nasomi is pretty active
[+]
By Tarage 2019-05-01 02:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-05-01 02:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is fine. More the merrier. Come, and see if the server breaks. I dare you!
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-01 07:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone leave your dead server and come to Asura.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-01 07:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically fact
By Jetackuu 2019-05-01 07:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Why would I go to the shittiest server? (aside from buggy *** private garbage).
By fonewear 2019-05-01 08:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
fonewear said: »

Why would I go to the shittiest server? (aside from buggy *** private garbage).

Why do anything when you can do nothing...
By fonewear 2019-05-01 08:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't like the server you are on the way to fix the problem is to *** about it on FFXIAH.

Whatever you don't don't pay the 18 dollars and transfer that won't solve your problem.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-01 08:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but think of how long I could struggle on another server to make a pathetic 40mil to pay $32 to go and buy a +1 item and transfer it back all just to avoid playing on a server where I could probably make that 40mil in an hour and get what I want same day and not even have to be an amazon prime member.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-01 08:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SE doesn't care where you play. They make a fortune on server transfers.

They could have made server transfer free and Asura still would be heavily populated.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-01 08:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There is not going to be a mass exodus of Asura to some dead server. Too many people are afraid of dumb stuff like. "But I'll lose my name" "my linkshell needs me". And I won't be able to make new friends. And 18 dollars is too expensive etc.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-01 09:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SHIVA ROCKS!

I lost my home server of 'Diabolos' to a merge, and most the people I knew quit. I came back in late 2018 and have been having a ball. I will second this guy's statement that Shiva is a good low population server. Most crap is on the AH, though you would have to have much more patience than an asura guy. I've only needed help once or twice, but was quickly helped by a random dude that wasn't interested in gil. nothing overcamped, and ambu wait times are only 5-10 mins on friday / saturday nights, otherwise you more or less have it to yourself. I dig it. gonna stay <long time>.
[+]