Indi-Nope: Hide Geomancy Effects.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Indi-Nope: hide geomancy effects.
Indi-Nope: hide geomancy effects.
VIP
By Lili 2019-04-19 09:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

IndiNope 1.0.4 (and probably final, for real this time)

Hides geomancy effect from players.

Please note: you can get the same functionality with ingame filters (Config -> Effects -> "All effect during battle" must be off, then Party-> You/monster/party/non-party PC must be turned on), but those filters also block a lot of other things, while this addon only blocks geomancy bubbles on player characters.

Please note: this addon does not hide luopan bubbles, those seem to be part of the luopan model itself. At least, I (and a bunch of better coders than I) did not find a way to hide them without also blocking the luopan itself from appearing at all, which I'd prefer not to do.

No commands, load it and it's on, unload and it's off.

IndiNope is now in the windower launcher! Please download it directly from there!
(or Download it from my new Github page)

Changelog:

1.0.4 - More tweaks.
1.0.3 - A few tweaks.
1.0.1 - Fixed a bug where Indi-Nope would make Master stars disappear. Thanks Kenshi for finding out about it.
1.0.0 - Initial release.

NOTE:
To reduce luopan effects past what this addon can do, download XIPivot from this thread and install it, then get these modified DATs to use with it:
kireek said: »
Updated mods with most of the gas effects removed from indi and geo spells.

folder 289 = geo
folder 293 = indi

https://tinyurl.com/yxoauhvy

I (or somebody else) might eventually find a way to do the same from an addon instead of needing modded DATs, but in the meantime it's the next best thing. XIPivot and the above dat mods have nothing to do with Indi-Nope, but since they're in the same scope (reducing graphical strain caused by geo bubbles), I figured I'd make a note about them.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-04-19 09:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

10/10 for naming creativity.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Funf
Server: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2019-04-19 19:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure how the XIPivot comes into play or what to do with that exactly...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-19 20:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I love you. Have my babies please!!
Does this work when you're NOT engaged in battle? I need geomancy effects removed completely, if possible.

THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-19 20:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The effect is the effect whether you're attacking or afking. Should make no difference.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-19 21:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a difference with the in game battle effects filter. Geomancy turns on as soon as you disengage. Turns off during battle. I'm asking if it's a static removal of geomancy or if it's just the same battle off version I'm already using.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-19 22:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I love you. Have my babies please!!
Does this work when you're NOT engaged in battle? I need geomancy effects removed completely, if possible.

THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK

With both being loaded it removed 100% of the aura effects on both Indi and Loupon spells.
[+]
By kishr 2019-04-20 00:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, why would someone want this?
I think the bubbles look cool.
Why want them removed?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-20 00:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Too much ***on screen. Multiplied when you multibox.

Imagine if songs kept musical notes floating around and rolls kept spinning dice(cards) on screen. It would be stupid. So is geomancy. So is afterglow.

Half of the time you can barely tell if the mob is in the damn bubble anyway with the sphere. Lines in the ground would've been better. (like 14 I guess?)
By kishr 2019-04-20 01:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok fair enough, thanks
VIP
By Lili 2019-04-20 07:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl's answer talks about graphical clutter, but there's another reason: geomancy bubbles kill framerate on lower end systems. One bubble is not so bad, but already with two the lag starts to be noticeable. When you have 2-3 GEO each doing three bubbles (geo/indi/entrust), and you have two characters open... the stutter gets real.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I'll pass on the babies (unless they can be written in lua I guess), but yes:
- Indi-Nope completely removes Indi effects from players, as the client is prevented from even knowing an Indi effect is active (tho the status icon is still on, and the spell still takes effect of course). It will also prevent the Indi- animation to occur on blink, but it will not touch luopans at all.
- kireek's dat swap also does not prevent luopans from appearing, and still lets Indi- spells do the animation on blink, but it totally removes glow, cloud and texture from both Geo- and Indi- spells. The impact is noticeable.

Note that addon and dat swap are two independent entities, you don't need to install both for either to work, altho the combined result is a little stronger than each individually. For FPS, the dat swap is the real MVP, the addon is just (slightly) less work to setup.
[+]
By kishr 2019-04-20 07:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I like what eiryl said, can you make a Lua for cors to constantly have cards swinging around them?
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-02 07:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
I like what eiryl said, can you make a Lua for cors to constantly have cards swinging around them?

I'm working on this. It will also make BRD singing effect permanently playing on repeat. Music is life.
By DaneBlood 2019-05-02 07:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Just curious, why would someone want this?
I think the bubbles look cool.
Why want them removed?

The same people that disabled shadows in quake3.
it might look worse but it gives you a game advantage
 Asura.Sitara
user: Heals
By Asura.Sitara 2019-05-03 08:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »

Umm.. if you consider "FPS above the single digits" a "game advantage"?
Because the only thing you get out of this - and that's the reason Lili made the plugin - is less strain on your GPU/CPU because you don't see those effects. Otherwise there is zero change in the game and you get no advantage what soever. It's designed to be used by players on low-end machines and Notebooks that don't want to or can't use any alternatives to improve performance.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-05-03 16:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sitara said: »

Because the only thing you get out of this - and that's the reason Lili made the plugin - is less strain on your GPU/CPU because you don't see those effects. Otherwise there is zero change in the game and you get no advantage what soever. It's designed to be used by players on low-end machines and Notebooks that don't want to or can't use any alternatives to improve performance.
FFXI is not optimised for modern tech. My rig runs modern graphically-intensive games on ultra high settings with no issue.

Boot up FFXI, jump into Dyna D with 12+ people and see what happens. I had to turn off shadows from other player characters to prevent the horrible lag these kinds of extra graphic effects cause.

This addon does indeed offer said game advantage, albeit, not an unfair one in my opinion.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-05-05 19:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sitara said: »

So are you saying its not an advantage for those ppl with lowend machines ?
im not sure what you are going for here.

i merly stated that some ppl sacrificy Picture quality in a game to get some kind of advantage.
Going from crap fps to good fps is getting and advantage
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [141 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-24 07:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Question:

If I am using XIPivot. Do I need indi-nope and the two dat mods? Or do the dat mods take care of it all?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-24 07:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Great work Kireek!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [163 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Lili 2020-03-05 18:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

Turns out there was a small bug: Indi-Nope was removing Master stars. I never noticed because I have all them turned off by default on myself. The new version should have fixed that.

Thanks to Kenshi for finding out and doing some testing to let me know what things to zero and what things to keep.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-03-08 11:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

IndiNope has been added to the Windower launcher (with a slight name change to make it easier to type when loading/unloading it). Please download it directly from there. Enjoy!
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-08 11:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the new name? Don't see it on launcher
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Lili 2020-04-11 18:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
What's the new name? Don't see it on launcher

Whoops! Sorry, missed this. I posted a little to early when indinope was still only in the development version and that's why you didn't see it. It's available now.
By missdivine 2020-04-11 20:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of players still have potato computers