First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-03 13:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Just don't spam barrage if you're worried about pulling hate. Or add more stp and remove a little racc if you want to miss.

You can't really "spam" a 5min JA...
[+]
By Sidiov 2019-04-03 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE really dropped the ball on this update, I am quitting. There were no DISHONEST SLIMES added.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-03 13:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »
SE really dropped the ball on this update, I am quitting. There were no DISHONEST SLIMES added.

Naw, man. They DID add that, but it's Vol. 2 Ambuscade that people just don't do. Another example of the devs not really getting the player base. You should know since you edited the guide on DISHONEST SLIMES, but I'll take it to PMs to argue with you like a true gentleman.

.... and the April 2019 topic devolves into madness. At least we're in the month-appropriate topic now though!

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This Chocobo Racing ROE is lol. There are dozens of ways they could make this event even mildly entertaining. It truly is pathetic to watch that travesty.

And you KNOW we're getting Pankration next month. And Monstrosity after that. FFXI Worst Hits World Tour 2019! Look forward to it!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-04-03 13:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The racc update is clearly for old school rngs who stood in melee range while shooting and getting some melee hits in!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 14:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
The racc update is clearly for old school rngs who stood in melee range while shooting and getting some melee hits in!

Kc slugwinder was so much fun. Back in the longlongago before every aoe would floor you.

Got to do it in ceizak delve too with oat weapons and jr. Much fun. Much woah. Much damage.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-04-03 14:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

EES is a 5.20x multiplier shot but I don't think it has any other AGI or STR modifiers than a regular shot. Maybe they could have buffed it by adding an AGI modifier to it, or increasing its potency every 10 levels. Though, you could argue it's already pretty OP for leveling/mid-core content (one shots most trash mobs, and does serious damage in level capped fights), it's just that by endgame RNG do as much damage with barrage/WS/AM procs, that EES loses effectiveness. Maybe they could add a scaling DMG modifier that deals more damage the higher level the target is, to adjust its damage for endgame content? Or maybe make it Zantestuken/Ruinous Omen-ish in that part of its damage is based on the Max HP/Current of the target?
By fonewear 2019-04-03 15:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Naw, man. They DID add that, but it's Vol. 2 Ambuscade that people just don't do. Another example of the devs not really getting the player base. You should know since you edited the guide on DISHONEST SLIMES, but I'll take it to PMs to argue with you like a true gentleman.

.... and the April 2019 topic devolves into madness. At least we're in the month-appropriate topic now though!

This Chocobo Racing ROE is lol. There are dozens of ways they could make this event even mildly entertaining. It truly is pathetic to watch that travesty.

And you KNOW we're getting Pankration next month. And Monstrosity after that. FFXI Worst Hits World Tour 2019! Look forward to it!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-04-03 15:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

©Chaostaru Intergalactic, Esquire, LLC 2019
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-03 15:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also why didn't they add goldfish scooping as a ROE...catch 100 goldfish to get points. Make it happen !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-03 15:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Come at me bro ! I'm right here !

By Sidiov 2019-04-03 15:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Come at me bro ! I'm right here !

Is it slimeist if I say that pic makes you look fat?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-03 15:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to go Scavenge on ranger see if I can find some arrows. Going to be great.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-03 15:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With a 60 second cooldown you can maybe scavenge for better ranger updates.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-04-03 16:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, since I haven't had the opportunity to play with a highly geared RNG so far: how much damage do AM3 Double Shot crits actually hit for per shot (with buffs)? 20k?
By eliroo 2019-04-03 16:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

A R1 Gandiva RNG I know hit a 27k AM3 Auto on Kyou just a few days ago. Pretty sure he put like one stone into it to get the pouch and thats about it.
By Aerix 2019-04-03 16:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not bad, sounds like a pretty fun setup. I assume Gandiva > Armageddon for that kind of auto-shooting build since the DEX+ helps with your crit rate.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 16:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it's agi that works for ranged crit

Topic of why Blade:Hi and Jishnu's Radiance are assbackwards
By Aerix 2019-04-03 16:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Actually it's agi that works for ranged crit

Topic of why Blade:Hi and Jishnu's Radiance are assbackwards

Huh, TIL. Not sure how I missed that all these years.

What makes Gandiva the better choice then? I'm guessing the Delay or Jishnu's (though I figured LS would be better)? Or is Armageddon better after all and the example above was the person just messing around with a weaker weapon?
By eliroo 2019-04-03 17:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not entirely sure but its probably because Jishnu's is more favorable than Wildfire, especially with the buffs you are getting when you are going for AM damage.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 18:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. hey. so. Seeing as though we didn't get the free glows I (we?) were hoping for... (before August)

...How about a lua that puts merits on the Goblin, pretttttttttttttttttttttty please.
 Cua
By Cua 2019-04-03 18:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

I'm secretly reading this thread at work and I just burst out laughing. NSFW post.

Can someone explain to me the DIA changes? It may be my low sleep, but even re-reading it, I'm not catching on.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-04-03 19:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cua said: »

I'm secretly reading this thread at work and I just burst out laughing. NSFW post.

Can someone explain to me the DIA changes? It may be my low sleep, but even re-reading it, I'm not catching on.
Dia, Diaga, Dia II, and Dia III all got a 5% buff to their defense down.

Light Shot's enhancement of Dia (all versions) was nerfed to only one upgrade being possible regardless of what tier Dia, and is now only a 3% increase.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-04-03 19:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's moving in that direction via softer measures. Similar to how BLU was conveniently left off of solid DD gear improvements for years. COR was not given any PDL trait and is confined to tier1 if they opt for DNC sub. They are also directly improving RDM in several areas lately (probably not finished yet), and have toned down Geomancy a bit over time and on some content. I wouldn't be surprised if COR and GEO gets outright nerfed or ignored completely, while others get buffs/improvements in an effort to balance it all out.

There are 5 jobs and the rest of the situational garbage we made over the years. RUN, COR, BRD, GEO, and WHM. They succeeded in making us play buffers by making them unbalanced in usefulness compared to the other 16 DDs. Honorable mention goes to SMN for 'it's my loot and i want it now' play style.

Solve this glaring flaw with ambuscade gimmicks.

Nerf geomancy in dyna d. You still use 3 of them.

Is that you TANAKAAAAAAAA!?

We are getting little nudges for the next 2-3(?) years because they don't have to fix this problem to make the game playable. It's still a good mmo. Dollar dollar bill$ y'all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-04-04 04:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not entirely sure but its probably because Jishnu's is more favorable than Wildfire, especially with the buffs you are getting when you are going for AM damage.

You need to Jishnu or Wildfire once per 3 minutes. Making decision based on which of those two WSs is better would be totally illogical.
By Cronnus 2019-04-04 05:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You need to Jishnu or Wildfire once per 3 minutes. Making decision based on which of those two WSs is better would be totally illogical.

I always choose wildfire over jish. All Jishnu sets lack ranged acc pretty severely. High end content and you'll miss a lot. Rather the magic buffs and never miss with wildfire. I never was one to go for AM3 on ranger. I don't feel white dmage is where they succeed at. So no point in going for it. If anything I buff everyone else's white damage with abrasion bolts. But I get it. If you're using wild you're getting magic buffs, which aren't buffing your am3. Jish you'll have physical buffs and it will help am3.
By SimonSes 2019-04-04 05:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cronnus said: »

I always choose wildfire over jish. All Jishnu sets lack ranged acc pretty severely. High end content and you'll miss a lot. Rather the magic buffs and never miss with wildfire. I never was one to go for AM3 on ranger. I don't feel white dmage is where they succeed at. So no point in going for it. If anything I buff everyone else's white damage with abrasion bolts. But I get it. If you're using wild you're getting magic buffs, which aren't buffing your am3. Jish you'll have physical buffs and it will help am3.

I don't get it at all. If you go for AM3 you use wildfire once, then you use Last Stand for next 3 minutes or don't use WS at all. Only huge white damage with Decoy shot and never pull hate.

Also RNG am3 white damage is probably one of highest in game. RNG ra crits without any equip do 91% more damage then non crits and non crits have 3.8 pdif on gun. It can do MASSIVE hate free (or rather hate transffering to ideally tank) damage and if you can stand in sweet spot for guns, then it gets really brutal.
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-04-04 06:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone going crazy over long Ambu lines and jobs....I'm just like hey...no new login campaign?!?
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-04 07:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Seidell said: »
Everyone going crazy over long Ambu lines and jobs....I'm just like hey...no new login campaign?!?

They start the 11th.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-04-04 07:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It can do MASSIVE hate free (or rather hate transffering to ideally tank) damage and if you can stand in sweet spot for guns, then it gets really brutal.

2 things on this idea.

1. Tanks move unless you yell at them not to. Ask any THF. AND mobs have knockback just in case you have a tank that cares about what is going on. So just be a smart tank and sit there sounds great but in practicality they can just complain that you could just use any other strat that's easier for them and just as effective and they wouldn't be wrong. Tanks can keep up with hate generally well enough to make hate transfers unimportant in this game, plus Arise takes the punishment for not holding hate significantly less. There isn't enough incentive in most cases to care about adding an extra layer for a tank unless it directly benefits them.

2. The sweet spot for guns in under 10 yalms and the sweet spot for bows is right outside of 10. RNGs are not renowned for their defense or magic defense. You will die in your midshot set at some point during a fight that you sit that close to any real content. Dead dps = bad dps. No AM3 on an AM3 build = bad build.

My Gandiva glows, but it's future is not bright until at least Empy sets. The sweet spot for ranged should probably be farther back on at least bows to make them more attractive and closer for guns to allow you to spam last stand in melee at max efficiency. Crossbows idc about since I'll be using Trueflight anyways and either using an obi or an orpheus sash to decide where I'm standing for max damage depending on the content.

The math of Gandiva and Armageddon is interesting and points to an obvious winning solution. The reality of enemy moves, poor gearing support, and lack of a problem that needs to be solved by it's unique setup is it's biggest hurdles. If you get past those hurdles, it murders ***dead... Just like a lot of less complicated strats.

If only there was some move called Cover that the worse of the 2 serious tanks possessed that actually helped with this type situation and made that tank more useful. We can always hope that PLD won't get RNGed in the job adjustment department, but I'm not holding my breath because Cover has so many problems that makes it ineffective, just like PLD itself. If nothing else, it would have to cross party since PLD isn't going to use the same buffs as an AM3 built RNG or COR.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11