Gjallarhorn Worth It Anymore?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Gjallarhorn worth it anymore?
Gjallarhorn worth it anymore?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 14:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerison said: »
I'd honestly get harp and aeonic before ghorn.

Wait, what? Horn takes one complete day to make, the harp takes at least 2 weeks. One has nothing to do with the other.

Ghorn directly enhances all of your songs aside from HM. It's also the highest(?) macc/debuffing instrument you can get. Harp gives you an extra song, which is further enhanced by Gjallahorn.

You can do all of them at once, not sure why you'd put horn last given the price and immediate bonus it provides.
By Aerison 2019-03-28 15:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Wait, what? Horn takes one complete day to make, the harp takes at least 2 weeks. One has nothing to do with the other.

Ghorn directly enhances all of your songs aside from HM. It's also the highest(?) macc/debuffing instrument you can get. Harp gives you an extra song, which is further enhanced by Gjallahorn.

You can do all of them at once, not sure why you'd put horn last given the price and immediate bonus it provides.

Let preface that I'm talking about 99 harp.

Yep I know how brd works. Aeonic takes a couple hours to get and while harp is annoying if it takes you two weeks, you suck.

I'd much rather have an extra song over a +1 to songs.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-28 15:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep I know how brd works. Aeonic takes a couple hours to get and while harp is annoying if it takes you two weeks, you suck.

Hey now both of you mage ballad 3 so you can kiss and make up!
By Aerison 2019-03-28 15:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Sorry I can only play 3 songs since I did ghorn first.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Sorry I can only play 3 songs since I did ghorn first.

Use Clarion Call. Imaginary harp
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-28 15:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets also preface this by the guy has no aeonics showing on his profile and probably doesnt have 250mil to drop on harp and marsya clears lol this guy was already debating if its worth the 20mil to make a ghorn
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 15:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
the guy has no aeonics showing on his profile

Oh god, you're one of those players huh?
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-28 15:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

can you get a 119 relic to show up without the plugin? am I wrong?
By Aerison 2019-03-28 15:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets also preface this by the guy has no aeonics showing on his profile and probably doesnt have 250mil to drop on harp and marsya clears lol this guy was already debating if its worth the 20mil to make a ghorn

And I'm saying I'd put that gil towards HMP/Cinder over gaining +1 to songs and some macc.
By DaneBlood 2019-03-28 15:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

and this is the guy complaining about mythics. so yeah we might need to take him as a player/person into account.
He might not have the time grind or other factors that many others takes for granted.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-28 15:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

being able to do an aeonic "in a couple of hours" is taking a lot of liberties lol
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-03-28 15:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the ones on your profile.....ohwait.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 16:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know showing aeonics or anything on your profile was supposed to be an indicator of anything. I don't even have an avatar...
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-03-28 16:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fondue seems to think it's an indicator of something.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-03-28 16:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghorn hasn't been replaced yet in terms of power.. But it can be replaced with something weaker due to sheer idiocy and laziness... I've seen new players spam Easy Ambuscade solo and fund it fairly quickly.. 40M is not hard to farm..

If I saw a BRD without Ghorn interested in joining endgame content with me.. I would decline and just use a trust or my REMA BRD mule instead...

It would be even more hilarious and pathetic to see a EMA BRD without Relic..
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-28 16:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Like the ones on your profile.....ohwait.
Didn't know showing aeonics or anything on your profile was supposed to be an indicator of anything. I don't even have an avatar...

Kek'd
They can indicate whether you can or can't do aeonics which was my only point in regards to the guy who made the thread, no need to be big tuff bigboy tryhards here.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-03-28 16:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They indicate nothing. Really doesn't take a hell of a lot to swipe a Visa and toss out 250m to a merc group to get one.

Tryharderthough.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-28 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally wouldn't spend $250 as my first aeonic on marsya especially not without ghorn or daur but I respect your input
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-28 18:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least your visas ready for when you want your first aeonic...
By snakeplisken 2019-03-28 18:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

yes... next question
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1159 days between previous and next post]
By Trentweskin 2022-05-30 07:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this thread quite enjoyable. It was like a straight to VHS movie. Please bring this thread back to life so I can have purpose once again.