users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Pulse weapon for ambuscade last upgrade
Pulse weapon for ambuscade last upgrade
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-24 19:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're probably right, i forget the lvl when VW was out.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-25 16:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are people buying pulse body cells? Is there something with trading those that can convert to weapon cells, or are people just being pre-emptive?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-25 16:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Why are people buying pulse body cells? Is there something with trading those that can convert to weapon cells, or are people just being pre-emptive?
I wouldn't be surprised if they're buying them by mistake thinking they're for weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-25 16:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They're playing 4d chess waiting for the next month to require pulse bodies. Jokes on them, they would never let it be that predictable.

and yeah, some of them are just too dumb to know the difference.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-26 02:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

some are pretty cool lockstyles
By kishr 2019-03-26 06:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if they did something like aman trove for the new row.
A bunch of random kills or participation for cells.
Like 10 quests for 1 cell each.
Cell price would plummet.
Idk how that would work, unless they made a universal cell.
Sounds like too much work for SE. Would be better than this current bs.
Heck I'd be fine with a cell roe per UNM PW kill.
By kishr 2019-03-26 06:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Gonna spam this a see how this goes.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-03-26 08:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are going NNI farming this campaign, this might help a bit.

If hunting Pulse weapons, the only drop types that matter are Dagger, Sword, Pole, and Axe. Bow and shield are useless I believe.

Trove loot is Ring and Sash, but obviously very rare, and Boxes and other body slot items can throw up half decent sellables, but as with everything else its always going to be 99% npc fodder and junk.

I've got some of the 50-59 HNM randoms mapped, and most of 60-100, but they really aren't practical to farm imho. PM me if you want the full list, as it probably ought to be added to the wiki.

1-19
Amanita -box
Tococo -neck
Duke Decapod -shield
Rambukk -Box
Numbing Norman -pole
Yara Ma Yha Who -ring
Barbastelle -axe
Doppelganger Gog -pole
Nocuous Weapon -box
Ghillie Dhu -sword
Slumbering Samwell -box
Habrok -cape
Teporingo -box
Desmodont -cape
Maltha -box
Wake Warder Wanda -pole
Chocoboleech -dagger
Doppelganger Dio -pole
-------------------------------
21-39
Gwyllgi -sash
Hercules Beetle -box
Yal-un Eke -gloves
Skewer Sam -pole
Edacious Opo-opo -box
Hippomaritimus -box
Kirata -dagger
Mucoid Mass -shield
Sekhmet -box
Patripatan -bow
Dosetsu Tree -sword
Mycophile -gloves
Koropokkur -box
Serra -footwear
Noble Mold -handwear
Megalobugard -ring
Waraxe Beak -gloves
Herbage Hunter -headwear

---------------------------------
41-59
Hazmat -footwear
Death from Above -dagger
Hovering Hotpot -dagger
Skull of Gluttony -sword
Skull of Sloth -???
Skull of Pride -pole
Diamond Daig -???
Nussknacker -gloves
Cwn Cyrff -sword
Okyupete -neck
Boroka -earring
Habetrot -box
Skull of Greed -sword
Skull of Lust -dagger
Skull of Envy -pole
Skull of Wrath -axe
Demonic Tiphia -box
Woodland Sage -pole
-----------------------------------
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-26 08:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did meeble for first time, it's useless.
Can only do a rank 5 expedition once every 5 days after do the first 2 free ones from the first time you start it.
Not spamable..
By Luminiferous 2019-03-26 08:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking for spammable you can do Hall of Mul in Legion.

Collecting the 4 trophies from the other Hall's only takes killing the first 3 HNMs of each Hall (15-20 mins tops). Then you can spam the two Paramount's for their weapons.

They can still be a pain even with ilvl, however if you're good or with a good group you can kill them about 6-10 times each at ~1% drop rate each. Once you're done just go farm the trophies again.

Be aware though that Ambuscade takes precedence over Legion since they share the same area, so you might have to spam the NPC for a while to get in if Ambuscade is very busy. Happy farming.

Fun fact: If you disconnect while in Legion after time expires, you'll end up in Mhaura.
By kishr 2019-03-26 08:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I read there was a legion that keeps spawning the nm over and over, forgot where maybe earlier in this thread.
I'll look into it and post my findings.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-03-26 09:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminiferous said: »
If you're looking for spammable you can do Hall of Mul in Legion.

Collecting the 4 trophies from the other Hall's only takes killing the first 3 HNMs of each Hall (15-20 mins tops). Then you can spam the two Paramount's for their weapons.

They can still be a pain even with ilvl, however if you're good or with a good group you can kill them about 6-10 times each at ~1% drop rate each. Once you're done just go farm the trophies again.

Be aware though that Ambuscade takes precedence over Legion since they share the same area, so you might have to spam the NPC for a while to get in if Ambuscade is very busy. Happy farming.

Fun fact: If you disconnect while in Legion after time expires, you'll end up in Mhaura.

Those drop rates on ffxidb are not inspiring. 17/3600 kills

I really recommend zitah T3. 2/90 with TH8 + is my personal experience. Took a few nights but it worked.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-26 10:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

just went 1/3 on whale before i went to bed, luck!
i used sam/war solo, trusts were ArkAA, Sylvie, Kour-Moru, Cherukiki, and Ulmia

since i was curing it every light dark and fusion SC for some reason, then i checked online, it said water and lightning can cure it, but was doing fudo and kasha and shoha.

so i resorted too jinpu spam, and it didnt cure it not once, and wow, it dies fast with jinpu ws spam gear... I'm actually a bit shocked more at how easy it was just spamming jinpu.

so thought i'd share saying the jinpu sam spam method is very fast and very easy.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-26 10:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »

since i was curing it every light dark and fusion SC for some reason, then i checked online, it said water and lightning can cure it, but was doing fudo and kasha and shoha.

so i resorted too jinpu spam, and it didnt cure it not once, and wow, it dies fast with jinpu ws spam gear... I'm actually a bit shocked more at how easy it was just spamming jinpu.

so thought i'd share saying the jinpu sam spam method is very fast and very easy.
I've been curious recently, did you cap lights during your drop or just trading cells?
By kishr 2019-03-26 10:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Zitah t3 whale.
Was capping red and blue and wasted 200 stones, gave up vw method.
[+]
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-03-26 11:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »

Congratulations! I know how frustrating it can be working on this.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-26 11:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We were doing an Aeonic clear last night for ZiTah Zone.
Did the 3 T3s and saw 1 pulse weapon drop.
I passed my high lot to another LS Member for something they needed. Afterwards I decided to go solo whatever I had left on my Radialens. After going 1/3 with the LS, went 1/3 again immediately after. Grouped up with some friends for fun, and cleared the rest of my Plutons, roughly ~150 I'd say so another 30 runs, and got 1 more Pulse. Basically went 3/36~40 last night.
[+]
By volkom 2019-03-26 11:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

during VW campaign i would do morta ~ double torcleaver and it would be dead-ish.

might just be me eyeballing it or me being delusional but its the only vwnm where i've seen the most pulse weapon drops from.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-26 11:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Botulus Rex/Morta/Bismark/Ig-Alima almost certainly have a higher drop rate than Qilin/Uptala/Aello- probably about double
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-03-26 12:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Botulus Rex/Morta/Bismark almost certainly have a higher drop rate than Qilin/Uptala/Aello- probably about double
I didn't log exact numbers, but I did about an even number of aello as I did morta; Approx 600 each. Got the ax off morta twice, but never saw a sword off aello.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-03-26 12:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
during VW campaign i would do morta ~ double torcleaver and it would be dead-ish.

might just be me eyeballing it or me being delusional but its the only vwnm where i've seen the most pulse weapon drops from.
I spammed an insane amounts of Aello on multiple chars (thousands) and roughly half as many Qilin and all I saw was 1 coruscanti (that of course I dropped since I didn't like it for lockstyle QQ). Did few hundreds morta and saw 3 axes drops. I know it's probably all luck but feel like Kyte is right and those have better drop rate
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-26 12:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The only pulse weapon i've ever gotten from VW was Borealis which was only a few dozen runs, vs hundreds of qilin and aellos.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-26 12:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »

I spammed an insane amounts of Aello on multiple chars (thousands) and roughly half as many Qilin and all I saw was 1 coruscanti (that of course I dropped since I didn't like it for lockstyle QQ). Did few hundreds morta and saw 3 axes drops. I know it's probably all luck but feel like Kyte is right and those have better drop rate

Def got lucky, out of 4500 morta fights during VW event, I only ever saw 2 axes.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2019-03-26 12:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 6 pulse weapons from NNI using a friend's account to hit the lamp. I always set to floor 60 and will do my best to hit 20 and 40 too. I advise not skipping nms just because they don't drop weapons as I've gotten a few really good drops like pelican ring, dandy testicles, bum gloves (smn gloves... Can't remember the name). Also a buddy of mine got the trove neck, so it's worth getting all the brown chests you can. Hope this helps!
[+]
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-03-26 14:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
dandy testicles

Oh my.
[+]
By volkom 2019-03-26 14:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 6 pulse weapons from NNI using a friend's account to hit the lamp. I always set to floor 60 and will do my best to hit 20 and 40 too. I advise not skipping nms just because they don't drop weapons as I've gotten a few really good drops like pelican ring, dandy testicles, bum gloves (smn gloves... Can't remember the name). Also a buddy of mine got the trove neck, so it's worth getting all the brown chests you can. Hope this helps!

those ??? accessory ones are nuts too. friend got telos earring - definetly a great event to try your luck on if you can't get people to do stuff regularly
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-26 14:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

those ??? accessory ones are nuts too. friend got telos earring - definetly a great event to try your luck on if you can't get people to do stuff regularly
Why you gotta give us hope like that...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-26 14:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

it's just gloried SP dial, pretty much anything can drop. Could get super lucky.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-03-26 18:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

Why you gotta give us hope like that...

This is optimal, set to 60 and only avoid NM's that drop Shield and Bow. Everything else has a Gacha-chance of something nice.

And yeah Eiryl is right, its just the gobbie box system, but its endlessly spammable during the event and its sufficiently variable for it not to get too stale too fast.