New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » March 2019 Version Update
March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22
By Nyarlko 2019-03-28 07:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

PSA

The English campaign listing for April is correct on the POL mainpage and wrong in the detailed listing. The Dyna campaign is Divergence: Statue Crusher, not old Dyna: Granules of Time (at least it's Statue Crusher on both front page and details on JPside.)
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-28 08:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ty, I can sleep well tonight now. Was so worried wasn't sure what to do. : )
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-28 08:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

shame it's not PLUS :(
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-03-28 08:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade Gallantry Campaign
The number of badges of gallantry earned from normal and intense Ambuscades will be doubled once per day.
* This bonus will reset at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) Earth time and stacks with the effects of Abdhaljs seals.

Is this new? Never seen an Ambuscade event.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-28 08:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
The number of badges of gallantry earned from normal and intense Ambuscades will be doubled once per day.
* This bonus will reset at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) Earth time and stacks with the effects of Abdhaljs seals.

doubled once per day lmao what a ***event
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-03-28 08:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Gallantry too, not Hallmarks.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 09:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

I wouldn't define it "***". It's clearly not the best but not the worst either by far.

I think they've done that with a clear thing in mind, explore the possibility of daily stuff for Ambuscade in an attempt to bring people to spam less Ambuscade 200 times a day and then bye bye after a week, and make so people spread out more they ambuscade attempts (once a day).
This could potentially reduce the queue times on some servers.

...or it could change nothing. But I think they want to explore the possibility through this campaign and then decide what to do consequentially.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-28 09:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

I wouldn't define it "***". It's clearly not the best but not the worst either by far.

I think they've done that with a clear thing in mind, explore the possibility of daily stuff for Ambuscade in an attempt to bring people to spam less Ambuscade 200 times a day and then bye bye after a week, and make so people spread out more they ambuscade attempts (once a day).

...or it could change nothing. But I think they want to explore the possibility through this campaign and then decide what to do consequentially.

Nah its pretty ***. Imagine if the VW event was capped lights but only on 1 pop per day.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-03-28 09:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah its pretty ***. Imagine if the VW event was capped lights but only on 1 pop per day.

I mean, those 2 are completely different event types. This is more like if you could imagine going to a Gobbie Box every day and spinning a dial for an Abjuration. Do it if you need it, don’t if you don’t. Not all events are aimed at hardcore people and some folks would gain a lot by daily ambu Gallentry bump to fill out armor sets or get some extra cape mats or weapon upgrades they woulda missed out otherwise.
By fonewear 2019-03-28 09:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How could you not be talking about chocobo digging... that is what I'm going to be doing. I'm going to dig my *** off then dig some more !
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-28 09:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, those 2 are completely different event types. This is more like if you could imagine going to a Gobbie Box every day and spinning a dial for an Abjuration. Do it if you need it, don’t if you don’t. Not all events are aimed at hardcore people and some folks would gain a lot by daily ambu Gallentry bump to fill out armor sets or get some extra cape mats or weapon upgrades they woulda missed out otherwise.

its just the equivalent to a free run minus the hallmarks/total. Nothing ground breaking, something barely noticable. But ok.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 09:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

All it will do is cause problems everyday, all the time, with idiots refusing to pass up a bonus 20 gallantry by 2boxing VE.

Stupid idea. By stupid people. Just Give 100 Gallantry every time you log in, it will accomplish the same goal. or... and hear me out on this one... lower the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cost on gallantry items for the campaign. Everything in gallantry is inflated.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-28 12:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
All it will do is cause problems everyday, all the time, with idiots refusing to pass up a bonus 20 gallantry by 2boxing VE.

Stupid idea. By stupid people. Just Give 100 Gallantry every time you log in, it will accomplish the same goal. or... and hear me out on this one... lower the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cost on gallantry items for the campaign. Everything in gallantry is inflated.

Obviously not. The goal of this is to reward you for playing the game frequently. What you suggested will reward people who log ins frequently. The difference might be small for some people, but first option at least doesnt create another chance for people with 15 mules to log in for gallantry on top of login points.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 12:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

it really doesnt matter if you log in for 2000 gallantry. or clog up the line for days for 500 gallantry. it's worthless either way. at least giving it away saves queue.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This won't reduce congestion, only increase it. Capacity Points campaigns are a prime example.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-28 13:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ultra nice for multiboxers, just do your ambuscade once a day instead of all at once. Pure bonus.

I don't think it's a bad thing for everyone else either, at least off of Asura. A couple more people might solo, but encouraging people to log in daily to do bonus ambuscade is certainly a nice thing. Get a static going, or turn a PUG into 'same time tomorrow?'. It's a cool idea.

If it changes seal from 3x to 6x as expected, 4500 extra gallantry on a VD intense is over a mil from most options.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 13:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It IS a great idea, except that it completely *** asura. Where 90% of everyone is.

The 99% are screwing the 1% #occupylegion
If I wasn't so god damn lazy I would've done it already. Just que solo and stand there for 30 minutes on 20 accounts. Exit. Reque. They'll get the point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 14:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-28 14:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It IS a great idea, except that it completely *** asura. Where 90% of everyone is.

The 99% are screwing the 1% #occupylegion
If I wasn't so god damn lazy I would've done it already. Just que solo and stand there for 30 minutes on 20 accounts. Exit. Reque. They'll get the point.

This is an sure problem because it's asura.

The campaign will have no effect.

No one is going to spam ambueade any more than usual because of this campaign.

Ppl will just get a little more for what they are already doing.

Your posts are really unreliable regarding any update. It will always be horrible because see is stupid.

Well I should say you reliably tell the same thing, but it has no bearing on likelihood at all.
By volkom 2019-03-28 14:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This is nice for people who cant dedicate much time a day to play.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 15:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

The campaign will have no effect.

You have no idea. Idiots see "double points" and they'll queue up 60 pages like it's nothing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 15:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I disagree. Outside of seals, the Gallantry earned is 2400 for one run. So you get gallantry for one extra run for free. People will do this more, once daily just to complete that ROE. They were already doing it before, this just encourages them to keep at it regularly. Will it create absurd levels of congestion at certain times, or just congestion in general across the day? That is to be seen. But who forms an Ambuscade group for one run, and then ends afterwards? It's unlikely, so I think the congestion during rush hours (weekends, immediately after maint, post-work hours) will increase a little bit.

Now what I think may happen due to this campaign is more people will finish up their Gallantry spending sooner, leaving more time towards the end of the campaign cycle where wait times may die down a bit. Won't do anything for the first few weeks though, especially if the month is an easy Ambuscade.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 15:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, april will be Dullahan... Cringe. or Sahagins. maybe meebles. They are extremely easy. and the queue will already be ***. But now it will be double ***.

Prizes for whoever screenshots the highest Queue wait.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-28 15:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, april will be Dullahan... Cringe. or Sahagins. maybe meebles. They are extremely easy. and the queue will already be ***. But now it will be double ***.

Prizes for whoever screenshots the highest Queue wait.

it already said it was bugards
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 15:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

noonecaresaboutv2
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 15:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no V1 Bugard. They only announce the V2 boss.

Dullahan was easy before....BEFORE it had double HP. That Ixion was fun. Meebles could just randomly kill you for no apparent reason at all. Did we every figure that one out?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 15:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Meebles last time was Conduit. may or may not work again with triple hp. Dullahan is just red light green light

Meeble was 12/17 https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51730/ambuscade-volume-1-december-2017/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 15:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They will add a second underground meeble to the fight, one that auto-pops if it detects an avatar anywhere on the battlefield.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-28 15:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There is no V1 Bugard. They only announce the V2 boss.

Ah didnt know that neat
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22