Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ramuh » Looking for new Salvage group
Looking for new Salvage group
 Ramuh.Maacha
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Maacha
By Ramuh.Maacha 2009-10-12 04:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My salvage group of over 1 year is now breaking due to the leaders quitting and moving on to Aion ^^; I figured it was worth a shot to try posting info here to try to find a group that would fit in my timeframe.

I can normally be online by 8pm eastern every day, but I have other linkshells whose events start between 10pm and midnight on most nights. I live in South Korea, so I am in the same timezone as Japan. My other events are normally done by 5am US eastern time, so I would be able to join a group that ran after that time. Depending on what time the runs are scheduled, my husband might be home from work to play his own character, but he's not home at the same time on any given night so it would be hard to count on him being here. I would prefer to play only 1 character at a time, but I could dualbox if needed.

My character has WHM, RDM, BRD, and SMN 75, decently geared, Captain assault rank. I have 12/15 Marduk (missing head and feet 35, and feet 25) and have completed Morrigan's Cuffs, beginning to collect other Morrigan's set pieces since dinging to RDM 75. Now have about 1/3 the currency towards a Gjallarhorn, likely will complete it early next year.

My husband's character, http://www.ffxiah.com/Ramuh/Jetblack , has THF and WHM 75, both well geared, First Lieutenant assault rank. He has Mandau and 12/15 Skadi (missing Body and Feet 35s and feet 25), he is not currently collecting any other salvage gearsets.

Due to the timeframe that my old salvage shell would do runs, my husband seldom played his own character there. We did 3-4 runs each week, about half the time I was only playing Jetblack and half either dualboxing or only playing Maacha, so I have a decent amount of experience in salvage on both characters. If my husband is home for runs with a new LS group, I would be home to help him until he had more experience. We do have and use Ventrillo.
 Ramuh.Anesti
By Ramuh.Anesti 2009-10-23 17:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you figure something out let me know, i might be interested depending on times
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [228 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Maacha
By Ramuh.Maacha 2010-06-08 06:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Still haven't had any luck finding a new Salvage group yet... Finished my Gjallarhorn and joined a JP HNM shell, but to do Salvage with JPs would be hard since my Japanese isn't really that good and Salvage needs to have everything done very fast.

Being in the JP timezone I know limits my options alot, but I really want to get back into Salvage.

Also, since we have Splitting Heirs open for the first time in years on Ramuh, I really need a group for it ^^; JPs don't even bother to respond when I ask to join... Need to get my husband a mantle finally, he's never wanted to pay the crazy AH prices we've had on this server...

Edit: Think I found a group now, just gotta wake up a bit early to make their times ^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [139 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Maacha
By Ramuh.Maacha 2010-10-25 18:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna Necro-bump my own thread again ^^; Once again looking for Salvage group. I now only need the head 35 to complete Marduk set, but would like to get some Morrigan set items as well (mainly body).
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-25 18:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus, that's almost a year with no response :x Although, depending on the piece you want, Salvage is a little outdated now with Abyssea gear.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-10-25 18:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ya unfortunatly lot salvage groups shut down or switched over to abysea
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-25 18:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

abyssea wasn't the issue; ramuh is just a largely jp server with very few good na salvage groups, and those groups are usually full.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Maacha
By Ramuh.Maacha 2010-12-09 00:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna try bumping my own tread again asking for a group ^^; With the changes to Salvage I'm hoping some others are still wanting to complete some sets like I am. If I can't find a group soon this time, I may just level a mule so that my husband and I can duo and dualbox the mule as a healer or something ^^;
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-12-09 04:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You have 2 people already, I would think finding a 3rd to make a "group" wouldnt be that hard. Hell, just shout for a 3rd and lock an item each of you want.