First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-05-17 16:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Fix resist wall w/o trashing it? Easy enough.
Adjust the resist wall's starting position. If it starts at 0, have it start at -200. That way a party can generally get away with nuking even without mACC buffs for non-malaise numbers AND won't wall for the first few nukes.

You're idea is very reasonable, the problem is extent. Were SE to adjust the nuke wall without trashing it completely the end result would likely be just as untenable as it is now in terms of making BLM viable.

All the *** here that are so adamantly against removing the resist wall would be upset that it was modified, and all the people wanting to enjoy BLM would be upset also, and the dip ***devs would think they actually did something of merit. This would ultimately ensure that both camps of players are dissatisfied, and BLM will never get the attention it desperately deserves.

There isn't any justification to keep the wall at this stage in the game; short of improbable, if not completely impossible, perfect storm scenario's.

The butt hurting about removing the resist wall revolves around people protecting their pet jobs from being the one and only cheese *** solution. They spent a lot of money on their Death Penalties, Gastraphets's, and Nirvana's. They want to maintain the current state of content/ gear scarcity. None of them have put forward one logical argument.

"Watch out, people may start cheese dicking content in a way different from the way I like to cheese ***."

Odin.Creaucent said: »
"how to make BLM more relevant"

Delete all the other DD jobs and suddenly BLM is the best again.

You don't need to delete anything, just give BLM its bang back. BLM has for all intents, and purposes been deleted from the game, it isn't even useable in campaign fights.
Since you want to be an *** about it, try imagining a game where physical damage, and magical weapon skills met the same built in, unnegotiable resist wall.

Go ahead and insert your smart *** remark about how you don't give a *** if they did, I already know you do, and so does the rest of the community.

Trash the Resist Wall.
Trash the MTDR.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-17 18:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

While BLM needs a huge update, it is still used actually. A lot of harder fights where you want to be at a distance, a lot of people will bring a SC/MB setup still if the debuffs or some mechanics screw melee over easily. A lot of V15 NMs being done with the SC/MB setup, so once again you are heavily exaggerating. While most groups inevitably learn how to efficiently melee them, the strat is still used on newer stuff.

This guy is so angry, reminds me of a young Eiryl.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-05-17 23:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As a career BLM since NA launch, I think the resistance wall was and still is a good idea. It got very tiresome watching (and being part of) BLMs getting thrown at everything, frequently without a skillchain to magic burst.

Magic damage reduction on everything very much less so.

Edit: grammar
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-05-18 00:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
As career BLM since NA launch, I think the resistance wall was and still is a good idea. It got very tiresome watching (and being part of) BLMs getting thrown at everything, frequently without a skillchain to magic burst.

Magic damage reduction on everything very much less so.

Cool story bro.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Venefcus
Server: Bismarck
user: Venefcus
By Bismarck.Venefcus 2021-08-07 13:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Add a Weapon Skill wall, to mirror the magic damage wall. Forcing multiple DD's to slow way the heck down, it can have more leeway than the magic wall of course, as you typically want more dd's than casters, and tanks will compete. However adding something like this to stop mindless tp spam would even things out, and force more balanced setups. When everyone is walled off, the most efficient strategy is to bring a mix and time things out. Reduce damage much much further if you interrupt a skill chain. Ignore the WS wall if you create a skill chain. Now supports will be wanted to max out everyone's damage since fewer will be able too as both magic and WS's are walled, content is slowed down considerably so you will continue to need dedicated healers, and dps and blm's have to work together to max out speed during a fight. Then again this would likely just tick off all of the dd's because only BLM's should have special rules limiting their damage in a group setting.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-08-07 13:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Venefcus said: »
Add a Weapon Skill wall, to mirror the magic damage wall. Forcing multiple DD's to slow way the heck down, it can have more leeway than the magic wall of course, as you typically want more dd's than casters, and tanks will compete. However adding something like this to stop mindless tp spam would even things out, and force more balanced setups. When everyone is walled off, the most efficient strategy is to bring a mix and time things out. Reduce damage much much further if you interrupt a skill chain. Ignore the WS wall if you create a skill chain. Now supports will be wanted to max out everyone's damage since fewer will be able too as both magic and WS's are walled, content is slowed down considerably so you will continue to need dedicated healers, and dps and blm's have to work together to max out speed during a fight. Then again this would likely just tick off all of the dd's because only BLM's should have special rules limiting their damage in a group setting.

No.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-07 13:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

just wait it out, when they realese the new content they've been teasing now for a while it's probably going to be a steep difficutly spike where melee can't even reach the ACC requirements and all of a sudden the boring old BLM's setups will become meta again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-08-07 13:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem of the resist wall is caused by the abuse of 1 sch procing the a SC and a bunch of Blms bots just nuke everything to hell with simple commands. As long as you can keep the tank alive then you can practically kill anything with blm bots. This also comes at the time when melee couldn't hit for anything because of acc issues. That's why they nerf Blm to oblivion.

The basics of Blm is somebody make a strong SC and the Blm throws in a powerful MB. At least that's what SE thinks a Blm should do. That means if nobody SC or someone else join the MB then Blm is pretty much a 5th wheel. And if the SC is setup for the sole purpose of MB with multiple Blms then it's abuse and well, get the resist wall nerf.

How do you make Blm relevant but not to the point where you can't just throw in more Blms to solve the problem?
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-08-07 15:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hover cast.
[+]
By macsdf1 2021-08-07 16:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

make it so u can only do 99999 max dmg every 10 sec, and every sec after a nuke, max dmg goes up by 9999, till 10 sec goes by and u can hit for 99999 again, per blm.
By Chimerawizard 2021-08-07 18:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

probably stated already several times.
adjust ancient magics to also lower the nuke wall for the same element as the resist- and adjust the resist- to be elemental magic skill /5, uncapped, so they can reach potency around the same as rdm's frazzle 3.

Also, give BLM a trait that augments elemental enfeebles (burn) with mdb-. Some mobs can only get a couple, but others you can put 3 on to really reduce its mdb.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-08-07 19:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Also, give BLM a trait that augments elemental enfeebles (burn) with mdb-. Some mobs can only get a couple, but others you can put 3 on to really reduce its mdb.
I really like this idea. Or a elemental resist down effect would be pretty cool too.

Or giving them the effect of extending the nuke wall (even just tied to their element) like rayke does would be good for them as well.
By Guyford 2021-08-07 19:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Bismarck.Venefcus said: »

No.

They actually did this for Shinryu. Did some duo with another rdm, using savage blade immediately after another savage blade, or sanguine after another sanguine, saw substantially reduced dmg. Effect only lasted a couple seconds, and decreased in potency the longer the wait. Might be them testing out a way to nerf savage spam, not a true wses wall as I don't think it applied to different wses.
By dontclickme 2021-08-07 19:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure he didn't just transition from "wings down" to "wings up"? I've been pummeling him on VD just spamming VS without seeing a severe drop in damage (aside from him changing forms).

And they already have a WS nerfing mechanic in Dynamis. Its nothing new.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-08-07 23:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely sure. I was under the impression the dyna nerf only applied to ele wses, this applied to savage blade as well, but if i'm wrong then its probably the same thing.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-08-08 00:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Absolutely sure. I was under the impression the dyna nerf only applied to ele wses, this applied to savage blade as well, but if i'm wrong then its probably the same thing.

You both had comparable gear? I've been doing VD Shinryu and I get back to back to back 40k Savages.
By Guyford 2021-08-08 10:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it only occurred for near simultaneous wses.
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-10 20:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think weapon skills got a damage wall sadly, but they need to in general, for everything. It's the only way BLM is ever gonna be more relevant. BRD and COR need a severe nerf too so people don't look at them as irreplaceable and be willing to use other jobs. But this is SE I'm talking about so I'm sure any kind of game balancing on their part is completely out of the question anyways.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-08-10 21:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Reduce haste cap to 70%
30% from spells
20% from gear
20% from JA

The core mechanics of the game were not designed with haste cap at all times. As they made gear haste trivial to obtain, and added higher tier haste spell potencies making the 80% cap guaranteed.

Back in ToAU days they nerfed the cap from 93% to 80% and put the caps on magic/ja/gear that are still present today...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-10 21:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like that is unfortunately the only answer.

You can't "fix" blm, you can only make BLM fit the meta... by slowing the game down.

(Or, another around of full dispel all the time can't resist impossible to hit *** that literally only a blm can attack)

The game is too fast (and too many buffs) for it's own mechanics to function.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-08-10 21:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Every point you just made has been brought up in this thread multiple times, by myself as well. We already were on the subject until you chimed in with your useless comment.

I'll respond to this useless comment. With my useless comment.

Black mage sucks.
By joemamma 2021-08-10 21:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Something like that is unfortunately the only answer.

You can't "fix" blm, you can only make BLM fit the meta... by slowing the game down.

(Or, another around of full dispel all the time can't resist impossible to hit *** that literally only a blm can attack)

The game is too fast (and too many buffs) for it's own mechanics to function.

Sure you can fix it. Get rid of all the low tier ***spells replace them with high damage ones.

Low cast time high dmg can't be resisted.

Get rid of the magic burst only dmg. This isn't 2003 anymore.
By Draylo 2021-08-10 22:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see a problem with creating NMs that force you to use different party setups. You shouldn't be able to kill every NM in the game with the same strat.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-08-10 23:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Black mage is still stuck in the 75 era. When you had to do skill chain magic burst to exp/kill stuff.

Making black mage able to free nuke for high damage would not break the game. It would just get them into parties/end game they normally wouldn't be in.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-08-13 10:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Let nukes reach 99,999 damage, and then let MB break the damage cap?
By Draylo 2021-08-13 10:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Let them break the dmg cap with Ultima spell.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-13 13:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Let nukes reach 99,999 damage, and then let MB break the damage cap?

Similar to the cumulative magic nerf of old, let the first MB break the damage cap.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-13 13:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM need spells that do huge amounts of dot damage, to make up for the white damage melee DD can do. Nukes aren't enough.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-13 13:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dots don't show up on parse
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-08-13 15:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
BLM need spells that do huge amounts of dot damage, to make up for the white damage melee DD can do. Nukes aren't enough.

I can't see them doing that, since it would step on SCH's toes with Helix... Not that it wouldn't be a viable idea.

Improving free nukes seems more likely I guess (though not holding my breath). Personally, I like the idea of changing Cascade to make it a more "DoT" stance giving bonuses to free nukes (and maybe penalties to MBs), remove nuke wall for T3 and lower nukes, ???
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22