users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD LUA help
BRD LUA help
 Asura.Cherished
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cherished 2019-01-16 03:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just downloaded Sammeh's BRD lua and when I go to cast chocobo mazurka I get an error...

And when I do any other song it gives 2 errors...

Any idea's for how to fix the error?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-01-16 08:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have the necessary includes? That function is defined in the sammeh_custom_functions.lua file (can get here).
 Asura.Cherished
By Asura.Cherished 2019-01-16 10:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Do you have the necessary includes? That function is defined in the sammeh_custom_functions.lua file (can get here).

Yeah, I have that lua
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-01-16 11:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Are all those files in the data folder?
 Asura.Cherished
By Asura.Cherished 2019-01-16 20:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct, they're in the data folder
 Bahamut.Spoilt
Server: Bahamut
user: Spoiled
By Bahamut.Spoilt 2019-01-16 22:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes adding new files to gearswap can require a reboot of windower, try relaunching if you haven't already.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-01-17 07:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you somehow trying to cast on a party member that's out of range or out of the zone or something?

Seems like you're getting an error from flow.lua (core part of Gearswap) first, which may be leaving that function/the rest of your LUA with a null command to process.
By Sammeh 2019-01-17 17:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey happy to help support over PM too. I haven't updated BRD in a while but a piece of gear here n there; logic is still the same. I do update the sammeh_custom_functions somewhat regularly but mainly for other jobs.

the checkblocking(spell) function checks to make sure you'er able to cast (not silenced, terrored, slept, timers available etc) - also if you're Running it automatically stops running; casts spell; then sets a flag to start running again. Really a great function to have in the pretarget phase.

Anyway - happy to help.

-Sammeh
 Bismarck.Syuevil
Server: Bismarck
user: Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2019-01-23 23:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how relevant this may be for this thread but I've started looking into making certain GearSwap commands to help make dual boxing easier. The idea was to make certain GearSwap commands that I'd ideally like to save to each of my character's Globals file just to keep the individual job lua's a little cleaner. This is what I started with (saved in my character.globals.lua):
Code
function self_command (command)
	if command == 'warp' then
		send_command('input /equip ring2 "Warp Ring"; wait 10; input /item "Warp Ring" <me>')
		add_to_chat(155, 'Warping')
	elseif command == 'mount' then
		send_command('input /ma "Crawler" <me>')
		add_to_chat(153, 'Giddy-Up!')
	end
end

I'm running into an issue with this syntax however, all of my various F9-F12 standard functions no longer work once the above has been created. Does anyone have an idea on how I can correct this, or if there is a more ideal way to add such commands for us? I was planning to make varied song set commands. I would like to try to keep such commands in the globals.lua if possible as I'd like to implement various QoL addons with this method such as using Temps, HomePoint, etc. with //send. Hopefully this is clear enough!
By Autocast 2019-01-24 15:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I know literally nothing about gearswap, but when I first tried this I had the same issue, at least when using motes based gearswaps.

What I found to work in both the job_lua and/or the character-globals is the following:
Code
function job_self_command(cmdParams, eventArgs)
   if cmdParams[1]:lower() == 'warp' then
	 send_command('input /equip ring2 "Warp Ring"; wait 10;input /item "Warp Ring" <me>')
         add_to_chat(155, 'Warping')
   elseif cmdParams[1]:lower() == 'mount' then
        send_command('input /ma "Crawler" <me>')
        add_to_chat(153, 'Giddy-Up!')
	 end

end

The following seemed to only work in non motes LUA for me, whenever I used it in a motes-include one it would break things.
Code
function self_command(command)
           if command =='' then
           send_command('')
           end
end

however the following seems to work fine in motes based luas when put in either the job gearswap or the character globals without issue so far
Code
function job_self_command(cmdParams, eventArgs)
   if cmdParams[1]:lower() == 'warp' then
   send_command ('')
   end
end
 Bismarck.Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2019-01-24 16:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
I know literally nothing about gearswap, but...

I'll mess with it when I get home. I do use Mote job luas and I pretty quickly figured that was behind the conflict after I had posted that. Thanks!
By Autocast 2019-01-24 17:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

should add that if your job_lua file has said commands in it, putting commands into a global file seems to override it and make it not work, so would have to put the job specific ones in your global as well.
 Bismarck.Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2019-01-24 18:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Working good so far, no issues. Thanks again!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [434 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Ccarlos
Server: Cerberus
user: ccarlos
By Cerberus.Ccarlos 2020-04-02 08:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i need a little help please i have just downloaded the lua i have most of working but im not very good with this stuff is there a way to get auto gear change turned off with casting under ja's?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [385 days between previous and next post]
By Yzen 2021-04-22 04:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a current BRD lua for 2021 that they can share?
By drakefs 2021-04-22 06:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can try Arislan's or Selindrile's BRD luas.

I personally used Arislan's lua as a base and ended up disabling a lot of functionality that I didn't need.
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-04-22 08:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »

I personally used Arislan's lua as a base and ended up disabling a lot of functionality that I didn't need.

Not OP but thanks for sharing these -I’ve been looking for an upgrade for a while. I noticed in Arislan’s the pianissimo functionality is commented out - do you know if it’s functional to add back in, and how it works? If not I can play around with it a bit as pianissimo handling is something I’ve been looking for.
By Yzen 2021-04-24 08:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to look into these -- thank you!!
By Davorin 2021-04-24 11:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nususu said: »
drakefs said: »

Not OP but thanks for sharing these -I’ve been looking for an upgrade for a while. I noticed in Arislan’s the pianissimo functionality is commented out - do you know if it’s functional to add back in, and how it works? If not I can play around with it a bit as pianissimo handling is something I’ve been looking for.

Basically, it will automatically use pianissimo if you have another player targeted and use a buff song.