GAIN MONEY NERF!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » GAIN MONEY NERF!
GAIN MONEY NERF!
 Asura.Valak
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Valak 2018-12-27 17:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something. Is there a "Gain-money" RoE that I've missed all this time? lol
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-12-27 17:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

***years ago I was selling Hexed Jacket-1s for 120-200 mil basically as fast as I could get ingredients to make them because supplies of ingredients were so rare and therefore expensive and that was at a time when gear was somewhat stagnant so going for the high priced HQ for a little bit was great. Then SOA dropped and boy had a hard time selling for half the price

Also we should consider how much of the money from gain money is destroyed by SE themselves
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-27 17:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean to tell me that someone dumping capped sparks for 1m can make this unavoidable inflation, but people buying stacks of 1m mats and instantly destroying that gil can't negate it..?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-27 17:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Valak said: »
I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something. Is there a "Gain-money" RoE that I've missed all this time? lol

Gain-Money being the "real" title of Gain-EXP where you get 7k gil for every single mob you kill for an entire 4 hours.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You mean to tell me that someone dumping capped sparks for 1m can make this unavoidable inflation, but people buying stacks of 1m mats and instantly destroying that gil can't negate it..?

Obviously not. The destruction is insufficient for the creation. There's 10,000 people sparking, and a hundred buying more than 10~ 1.1m mats
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-12-27 17:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff is expensive on smaller server due to limited availability but at the end of the day, most people go to Asura-market before buying on local AH or in bazaars.

I don't know, I wouldn't complain about prices nowadays, mostly about availability. I'd like a Fusenaikyo for lockstyle but I don't see any up/being advertised for an okay price lately (100-115), please send help.
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
Server: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2018-12-27 17:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
I need to get in on this 200-300mil a week thing >_>

But i dont wanna maintain 6+ alts

Its about 50mil a week per account being Casual about it. More accounts working together can get more.

Takes about 10min per character to dump. (sparks, accolades, zoning)

Ive been living under a Rock, I didnt know about an accolade exploit.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-27 17:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Obviously not. The destruction is insufficient for the creation. There's 10,000 people sparking, and a hundred buying more than 10~ 1.1m mats
Everyone doing omen is buying them(or buying mats from crafters who bought them). Crafters are buying hundreds. You talk about your OMG 200-300m a week, I dump twice that into npc mats some weeks.

Never mind that prices are settling not rising, inflation is certainly not out of control.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-27 17:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's well beyond the "out of control" phase.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-27 17:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

okai, doom for everything economy is in shambles
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-27 17:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If sparks stopped being a thing tomorrow, prices would be cut in half within a week.
By Zerowone 2018-12-27 18:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sirlagieth said: »

Its about 50mil a week per account being Casual about it. More accounts working together can get more.

Ive been living under a Rock, I didnt know about an accolade exploit.

It’s not so much an exploit as much as it’s easy to solo exp chain via “cleaving” during the gain experience points objectives. Done efficiently you can cap every 15mins dump and be right back in the action in under 5mins.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2018-12-27 18:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's well beyond the "out of control" phase.
What seriously are you talking about? The Su5 weapons that require excessive luck and an eschuteon to unreliably craft? Everything else I've seen rarely crests over, let's say, 30 million, and that's the extreme HQ crafted gear.

Back in the day, I'd have to farm for weeks to afford something that cost 1 million NQ. Now I can spend a couple days, if I'm so inclined, and get the HQ. If anything, the economy seems tanked, not inflated, but to claim such would be grossly inaccurate.
By clearlyamule 2018-12-27 19:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahem I'd like to point out that the STF reported that just last month alone they froze 1.9 billion gil. Yes that was above average month but they've done 13.3 billion YTD. That's putting a rather serious dent in the money flood by itself
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2018-12-27 19:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How the hell are you getting 50m a week casually spamming Gain Exp lol. No way you can get all 12 hours of Gain EXP "casually" with how those times are spread out. wat
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-27 19:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

On that note, I've heard of about a half dozen bans or suspensions in the last month compared to like ... 0 in the year before that. Wonder what changed.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-27 19:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

you do realize that ***has been common knowledge for like 5 years, pchan gave addons to do that to everyone, and the entire point was that grinding 12 hours across 3 different timezones isn't casual

cool that you're so proud of an addon that took 15 min to write tho
By Taint 2018-12-27 19:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
you do realize that ***has been common knowledge for like 5 years, pchan gave addons to do that to everyone, and the entire point was that grinding 12 hours across 3 different timezones isn't casual

cool that you're so proud of an addon that took 15 min to write tho

Not "Proud" of anything. I was simply pointing out how automated sparks is, since people don't seem to understand how broken it is. I take zero credit for anything.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-12-27 21:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Removing or nerfing gain-exp would take more than just removing or nerfing gain-exp. From a team that is on almost full maintenance mode at this point. Not happening. Doesn't need to happen. Not surprised to see who's crying about it though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-27 21:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Removing or nerfing gain-exp would take more than just removing or nerfing gain-exp. From a team that is on almost full maintenance mode at this point. Not happening. Doesn't need to happen. Not surprised to see who's crying laughing about it though.

Dawg. Do you not sense the complete and total lack of seriousness in my post, literally.

Gain-Money _NEEDS_ to be nerfed. So of course, it won't ever be.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-27 22:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

one positive thing came from this post. I learned about a new addon to sell Powders

~ cheers
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-12-27 22:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

plz do tell
By clearlyamule 2018-12-27 22:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Eiryl, how many people have to tell you that you're a *** retard before you get the hint?
idk but boy I can tell you I can't wait for next months spazzing in the ambuscade thread. Bet it's already written or saved
By Jetackuu 2018-12-27 22:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How?
By clearlyamule 2018-12-28 00:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

fuzzy math
By Masunasu 2018-12-28 00:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

How?

I think he's being excessive.

10min to dump is valid/a high estimate. Enough open source addons for sparks, Pchan shared something for prize powder (or you could easily write your own with rudimentary understanding of menu packets). For selling, there's sellnpc which can be found with a google search, and modified to be much faster, or Bellhop plugin for Ashita will dump all sales instantly. Again, with the mindset of "this is for sparks/accolades only" a novice programmer can easily create a lot of personal things that will be equally or more efficient than open source tools, given that they are making it solely for one purpose.

So for 50m/char for one week, I assume you're leaving at capped accolades, which should give you at best 600k in sparks (unless I'm unaware of something?), so 1.6m per dump, 31.25 dumps total. Across 3 windows, that's 10.4 dumps per day, or 2.6 dumps per hour. Personally I end up around 30min for accolades cap + 5min to dump, including mob-related ROE and crystals from Reisin. This lines up with what Eiryl mentioned for himself (12 hours/(35min/60min/hour))*1.6mil * 6 characters = 197mil. So for a single character it's more around 32m a week. It scales great with multiple characters, which is becoming more common place, but I wouldn't call that an exploit (you could just as easily have 5 friends join you and commit all their money to you, if you feel the upgrade justified the effort, like an Idris.)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-28 05:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Always been a job, it's just the first 10 years you're an unpaid intern.
[+]