Is It Worth Starting Over?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Is it worth starting over?
Is it worth starting over?
By Gavlin 2018-12-19 10:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Lakshmi,

It has been about about 5 years since I played this game.
My question is how bad is it to start over? What I dread the most is having to redo all the missions, quests, fame, etc... just to be able to play real content. How much of a time sync is this stuff nowadays?

Does anyone remember me? I was the first blu on Lakshmi to have a lv99 Almace. I ran a limbus shell for a long time. Not sure any of my old friends even still play. *cough* (If they do they should let me use one of their mule accounts so I don't have to redo all the little stuff lol) *cough*

Anyways how is the game doing? Is it fairly active? Are their still linkshells around that help new people?

Thank you in advance for the replys
By Staleyx 2018-12-19 10:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can always buy a character and rename. Curious what happened to that lv99 almace "rip"
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-12-19 10:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Gavlin 2018-12-19 11:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Its in limbo, I can't verify enough stuff from my old account for reactivation. No longer have access to my original email. They asked for a key from my install disc but I don't have those anymore lol. I may just buy a basic account if I can find a cheap one don't really want to start from scratch, just mainly want everything unlocked so I can start my own grind and have a little comradery.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-19 11:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah don't buy a character. Just restart your dude and work on your quest/missions (mostly rank6 should take you about a few hours) and load the homepoints and survival guide plugin. Should make travelling quicker. You can level to 99 in about 3 hours, give or take time spent getting g1/2/3 etc items. Lakshmi is dead though, I came from t here 3~ years ago or more
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-12-19 11:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me 14 days to take a brand new account into DynaD. That means that the character went from lv1 > lv99/ilvl19 with all Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions completed, (which unlocks Omen and needed to unlock Dynamis Divergence,) nation rank 6, and maxed out fame in the three main cities, Jeuno, and Adoulin just for the heck of it. It was intended to be a speedrun challenge, but RL/work distracted me.. Should've been closer to 7 days if I had actually focused.

It's not that hard at all to do all the little things that you seem to dread. There have been a TON of QoL improvements made since you've been gone that make leveling from 1>99 a matter of hours not days/weeks, and let you steamroll thru nearly all missions solo via Trusts.

Outside of WotG, and excluding any of the few remaining JP-midnight waits, you can smash thru all other missions in a weekend if you focus and have a bit of help at certain specific spots.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-12-19 11:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Looking at your character from a surface level, you have lost effectively 3 weeks if you started over now and played at a casual pace.

If you think you will have fun then dive in. If you are afraid that if you come back you wont have a group on your old server then look to the more populated servers.

If you think you cannoy get your entertainment value out of the 11.95 monthly cost then go see spider-verse, its a pretty epic movie.

Pretty sure it's $12.95.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-12-19 12:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that always bugged me. $11.95 for the basic service and that extra $1 for your one char.
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2018-12-19 14:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Looking at your character from a surface level, you have lost effectively 3 weeks if you started over now and played at a casual pace.

I just started a new character to dual box and it took me 3 weeks to get dyna D and omen access plus some basic gear. And that was only doing it casually. It is a chore doing the missions i won't lie... but its a lot easier now. The battlefields you can use trust npc so you will rarely find yourself asking for help. I'd say take it at your own pace and follow the BG guide.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-12-19 17:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nebohh said: »
Yeah that always bugged me. $11.95 for the basic service and that extra $1 for your one char.

I mean it's always been that way, just it was bundled together, this is more transparent.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-19 19:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bahamut.Nebohh said: »

I mean it's always been that way, just it was bundled together, this is more transparent.

I dont think so, I distinctly remember back in 2009ish era that it was only 12.95 for the first month then 11.95 after that if kept renewing, Something about the $1 fee was only tacked on the first month of character reactivation,
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-12-19 19:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They made a lot of changes to make it easy to get up to speed. HP and Survival Guide warps help speed through missions and quests, and RoE/RoV help you with xp.

I suggest making RoV your first goal. Buy 119 gear for bayld to start. Also copper vouchers will help you get started on different points if you need it. (Cruor, Plasm, Imnperial Standing, Allied notes, Bayld, etc.)