ambuscade volume 2 December
First Page 2
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-12-13 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just curious has anyone tried ambuscade volume 2 this month? does it have any gimmicks or is it zerg-able?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-13 12:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in and killed it after the update finished. Was half-asleep but don't remember anything special happening. Died in less than 2 minutes with trusts on Normal.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-13 14:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. I was so proud last month, not a single scrub asked a single question about V2.

Shame.

Never go full V2
[+]
 Asura.Dasoccer
user: dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2018-12-13 14:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Damn. I was so proud last month, not a single scrub asked a single question about V2.

Shame.

Never go full V2

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-13 14:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It IS a VERY GOOD contribution. If you do 2 you're wasting the entire servers time. Don't do it.
[+]
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2018-12-13 14:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And if this person doesn't have the ability to run V1? Should they not run at all? They have V2 in for a reason. Sounds like your issue is with SE having V2 in the first place and not the guy trying to gear up with what content he is able to handle.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-13 14:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dasoccer said: »
And if this person doesn't have the ability to run V1? Should they not run at all? They have V2 in for a reason. Sounds like your issue is with SE having V2 in the first place and not the guy trying to gear up with what content he is able to handle.

Intense easy is content level 124. Normal VD is content level 129. You also get more than double rewards from the Intense easy in this scenario.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2018-12-13 14:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm an inveterate solo player and even I don't bother with volume 2. I legit have no idea why it exists. The effort-to-reward ratio is worse than volume 1 and parties are not hard to build or join.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-13 15:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a scrub and a filthy casual and this months hardest V2 is easier than the easiest V1 to solo dd zerg it with trusts and you get more points so there! :P

YouTube Video Placeholder

Asura.Zart said: »
does it have any gimmicks

no you can just go in there and tear it up.
By clearlyamule 2018-12-13 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shame.

Never go full V2

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.
Literally the same thing every single time. Protip I know you already did some but just don't engage. It's terrible
By Zerowone 2018-12-13 16:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It has a gimmick of wasting your trusts mp with annoying Zombie status spam but that’s about it.
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-12-13 17:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to thank for everyone contribution to this thread, even Eiryl.. He essentially resembles the player bases toxicity that spread like wildfire from League of legends to every other game.

What I ask for veteran players to understand (like Eiryl) is that there has been new players beginning the game at an increasing rate lately, and that is important to Final Fantasy XI economy.

Not every job is suitable to completing ambuscade vol1, generally vol1 requires a particular strategy that must be orchestrated and conducted a certain way to complete. Where Volume2 is generally more straight forward and simple (for novice players) (all though there are exceptions sometimes) .

A new player in a full set of ilv117 sparks gear needs somewhere to start and ambuscade vol2 is a perfect place for novice players to get gears and jewelry. Ultimately, please don't send hate message tells to novice players trying to recruit for their vol2 parties, they are just as entitled to ambuscade content as you are.

Thank you everyone for your information for ambuscade volume 2, if you find any new tricks and tips to clear it more easily I would like to know about it.
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-12-13 17:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just form a group and get carried through Ambu V1E. No point in V2, even if ilvl117. Just like Palpatine.. Eiryl is right.
By Afania 2018-12-13 17:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
Just form a group and get carried through Ambu V1E. No point in V2, even if ilvl117. Just like Palpatine.. Eiryl is right.

Can't really do that if you are DD.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-13 17:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually found some usefulness on V2.

When im not ready for V1 but dont want to waste my weekly seal, i just call some trusts and pop a VE vol2 and just store the seal.

What must be said though, is that Vol1 need some update to reflect the original reward difference between Vols. Just V1 got tripled. It wouldnt hurt to at least double the reward from V2.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-13 17:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
I want to thank for everyone contribution to this thread, even Eiryl.. He essentially resembles the player bases toxicity that spread like wildfire from League of legends to every other game.

What I ask for veteran players to understand (like Eiryl) is that there has been new players beginning the game at an increasing rate lately, and that is important to Final Fantasy XI economy.

Not every job is suitable to completing ambuscade vol1, generally vol1 requires a particular strategy that must be orchestrated and conducted a certain way to complete. Where Volume2 is generally more straight forward and simple (for novice players) (all though there are exceptions sometimes) .

A new player in a full set of ilv117 sparks gear needs somewhere to start and ambuscade vol2 is a perfect place for novice players to get gears and jewelry. Ultimately, please don't send hate message tells to novice players trying to recruit for their vol2 parties, they are just as entitled to ambuscade content as you are.

Thank you everyone for your information for ambuscade volume 2, if you find any new tricks and tips to clear it more easily I would like to know about it.

Just. Stop.

First of all, if you only have 1 job to bring to a party, stop what you're doing and level a 2nd job of a different category- like level a support job if you have a DD, a Tank if you have support, etc.

Secondly, people aren't saying these things because they want to call you gimp. They're saying it as advice to help you be more efficient in your game time, get more rewards for less work.

And in closing, you come across as whiny. I'm not saying you are, but through the periscope of an online forum, that's what's coming through. Try and take advice from people, even the ones you think are mocking you. In this case, they aren't.
By clearlyamule 2018-12-13 19:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Secondly, people aren't saying these things because they want to call you gimp. They're saying it as advice to help you be more efficient in your game time, get more rewards for less work.

Try and take advice from people, even the ones you think are mocking you. In this case, they aren't.
I'm gunna have to disagree with you here bub.

Shame.

Never go full V2
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-13 20:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... If you can get someone to not go full V2... by any means... it's for their own good. Tough love.

You can take 6 whm/nin in weatherspoon and beat easy V1. Absolutely zero excuses to do anything less.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-12-13 20:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... If you can get someone to not go full V2... by any means... it's for their own good. Tough love.

You can take 6 whm/nin in weatherspoon and beat easy V1. Absolutely zero excuses to do anything less.

I know you're just going for hyperbole but there's no way you could beat easy V1 with that group, you couldn't even beat VE.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-13 21:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

I know you're just going for hyperbole but there's no way you could beat easy V1 with that group, you couldn't even beat VE.

I've try to shout for vol1 VE and often have difficulty since it worth so little points for anyone that's not returning player, but at least vol 2 ve is soloable and points are points.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-12-13 21:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

OP asked a multiple choice question with only 2 choices. This could have been easy. But like usual, some people (well, one person) feel so uncomfortable in their own skin that then need to insult others to feel better about themselves. Seriously, get some help.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-13 21:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

His point would be legit if he responds to every vol1 VE pt shout and carry all the spark dds. Otherwise vol2 is often the only way for spark geared dds.

Vol1 E is really not as easy(to undergeared dds not using meta setup) as people think.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-12-13 21:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, people can do V2 is they feel like doing V2. End of story. Eiryl sounds like a person who gets pissed in a grocery line if the person ahead is buying stuff they deem less necessary.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-12-14 07:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Make v2 Great Again.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-12-14 08:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What Vol. 2 really needs is a way to make its rewards more useful for people who are unable to do Vol. 1, like giving double the amount of points towards gear and ambuscade materials, but leave the contribution towards sellables the same.

Maybe something simple like adding weekly/monthly ROE's that give gear vouchers for x number of Vol.2 wins would do the trick.

As it stands, Vol. 2 is largely pointless outside of offering a quick and dirty way to get a weekly seals, because the reward/effort ratio is simply out-of-whack.

For those of us with the means to grind intense VD and cap our pts in day or two its irrelevant, but that wouldn't be an issue if Vol.2 was equally helpful on a scale relative to the needs and expectations of new players. Vol.2 should feed involvement in Vol. 1, but it fails to do that.
[+]
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2018-12-14 08:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
What Vol. 2 really needs is a way to make its rewards more useful for people who are unable to do Vol. 1, like giving double the amount of points towards gear and ambuscade materials, but leave the contribution towards sellables the same.

Maybe something simple like adding weekly/monthly ROE's that give gear vouchers for x number of Vol.2 wins would do the trick.

As it stands, Vol. 2 is largely pointless outside of offering a quick and dirty way to get a weekly seals, because the reward/effort ratio is simply out-of-whack.

For those of us with the means to grind intense VD and cap our pts in day or two its irrelevant, but that wouldn't be an issue if Vol.2 was equally helpful on a scale relative to the needs and expectations of new players. Vol.2 should feed involvement in Vol. 1, but it fails to do that.

I like that idea! V1 for points to spend on what you want and V2 for the items to get upgrades on gear. You will use V2 to "level up" to V1.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-12-14 09:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

v2 was fine when ambuscade first came out, but now it's obsolete. I've seen groups of players that have absolutely zero concept of how this game is supposed to be played beating v1 Normal on a regular basis.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-14 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty confident you could. I would totally join a group if someone wants to do it. 6 whm/nin no gear with augments. skirmish weatherspoon or inyanga, ayanmo is too stronk.

half an hour to do 6 million damage? Only 1700 dps total.
By Aerison 2018-12-14 09:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty confident you could. I would totally join a group if someone wants to do it. 6 whm/nin no gear with augments. skirmish weatherspoon or inyanga, ayanmo is too stronk.

half an hour to do 6 million damage? Only 1700 dps total.
Thought the whole point of not doing V2 is to not clog up the queue for others...
First Page 2