Ambuscade Volume 1 - December 2018
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-21 15:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My tanks were all PLD, as I said very good gear (not BiS but very good). No clue what they were doing, I'm ignorant on PLD sorry.
Probably spacing out their DT cooldowns insteads of using them all together? Maybe /WAR for Defender? No clue D:
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-21 15:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld/blu with ochain is all you need. mainly for cocoon

Burt is nice but not needed. Ochain is tho

and the pld has to have an actual fastcast set. so many pld these days dont..

this all assuming you have a idris geo for indi wilt.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-21 15:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

my PLD kept claiming that the JSE shield is even better than Ochain if you can keep Reprisal up.

Someone else was also claiming the Aeonic shield was a nice alternative.
WUT.
Does it have some hidden bonus or what, statswise looks ***to me but then again what do I know about PLD...
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-12-21 16:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it is due to Priwen's damage reduction. With Reprisal up the block rate is close to Ochain, but Priwen blocks more damage. Priwen's block rate without reprisal is horrid compared to Ochain though.
By Aerix 2018-12-21 19:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, my lowman static successfully employed the PUP strat on VD too, winning in about 13-14 mins on average including a slow ~2 mins of buffing at the start because we are lazy.

PUPx2, COR, PLD, SMN, GEO as mentioned before. Frailty until 30%, then desummon it to avoid feeding HP to the boss. SMN mews, GEO keeps PLD alive with Indi-Wilt and silences the Astrologers. PUPs use VE/SS maton with double Fire and 1 Wind until 30%, then switch to Light/Thunder/Fire and OD at 30%. Drachen/Comp roll, double Inhibitors, Armor Plate 4+3, no Speedloaders, rest are the usual DD maton attachments including Target Marker.

Also make sure to downgrade Auto-Repair Kit 4 to 2 to reduce Regen significantly without removing it entirely. Keeps the matons alive during OD without letting the boss drain much HP at all.

For reference, both of my matons were doing about 6.5k-7k DPS each + 9k DPS from skillchains. That's from parsing over like 6 wins or so.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-21 22:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
my PLD kept claiming that the JSE shield is even better than Ochain if you can keep Reprisal up.

It is but requires Reprisal to be kept up full time, which is possible if the PLD is getting march's and has a little bit of fastcast in their midcast.
By Afania 2018-12-22 20:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone tried using a tank with 3500 hp and ea scherzo for TR? that way I dont think silence is required...no?
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-12-22 22:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My PLD was hit before by a 8k+ TR so I dunno...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-22 23:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear shouts,

I don't care how you do it, as long as you stop trying to kite all 3(4) mobs, kthx. You can't do it. Stop trying. *** the video, knock it off.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-12-24 07:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternative to having PLD, Healer, and SMN hold the adds are to have 3 PUP on the adds, each puppet takes 2 mobs. The fight stops at 80% until the PUPs have a decent amount of hate on each of their 1-2 mobs. All PUPs start with triple fire. Once you've deployed on your second target switch to Light to flashbulb and you'll have hate on your two mobs:

PUP1 -> 1st add, PUP2 -> 2nd add, PUP3 -> 3rd add, PUP1 -> 4th add, PUP2 -> 5th add. So that each PUP has enough time to react to snagging their add.

You'll need switching occasionally to build hate on both throughout the fight otherwise a healer could get smacked by an add. Keep your puppet a little bit more on the Astrologer since some of the large nukes can drop your hate more than from the melee add. Aside from the occasional switching though, it's very low effort on the part of the PUPs. Recommend not to engage until 30%, but at 30% with /nin it's fairly safe to join in on the fighting with the master. Could have a PUP be /rdm to haste or something else to contribute.

Sidenote: The gear and skill requirement for this is much lower too since basically any 99 PUP with all attachments can do this vs. the comments of "PLD needing Ochain and fast cast set" and "off-job needs to be able to land silence".
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-12-24 08:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The only thing I would like to see more of and less of. less trying to kite all the mobs, fail rate is too damn high. more shadows and more fast cast. stop trying to save 1 second and just wait for unblest. all the endeaths are from people getting hit right after an unblest, because they were busy wsing instead of casting new shadows.

utsu:ichi takes an eternity to cast thats what kills most of the people. make a set.

Been on both sides of this fight - DD/megaboss side and adds side and this is great advice on the DD end. Can freely WS after its TP move, but if you know that another TP move is coming up, save your TP and... just wait for Unblest!

I felt safe knowing that the PUPs had the adds safely and no chance of death so we were able to keep the fight nice and controlled. NIN is pretty indispensable for this, not only due to the 2 nigh-instant cast shadow spells, but their Subtle Blow is practically already capped - making the 60%-30% stage of the fight easier. So as long as you have capped haste from BRD or GEO, you'll always have Ni or San up for Unblest.

Don't try and rush, just WS shortly after its TP move (once shadows are stabilized) then continue waiting for Unblest. You'll begin to be able to read about how long until the next TP move and will be able to make a good pacing.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2018-12-24 09:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A blu with tizona and high m.acc set can stun 95% of the TP moves on the boss with on D and VD with Sudden lunge.
By Afania 2018-12-24 12:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear shouts,

I don't care how you do it, as long as you stop trying to kite all 3(4) mobs, kthx. You can't do it. Stop trying. *** the video, knock it off.

Has Anyone tried Pianissimo mazurka on the kiter to increase the chance of outrunning tripple when they kite?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-12-24 12:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
So as long as you have capped haste from BRD or GEO, you'll always have Ni or San up for Unblest.

Or just get a capped fast cast set. Seriously.

with capped recast Ichi has 6 sec recast and ni has 9, and even ichi is damn near instant cast too. with 2 other dd bouncing hate they will be always up /nin. if other dds are down, as long as you dont trigger tp move with how slow they swing 6 sec recast can keep up ichi shadows forever for melee attack.

I think the probelm is that majoriy of people settle with sub 80% fc and think thats good enough but not for this fight on dd/nin. Then they make false claims that DD/nin cant keep up with shadows. I think you do need really high end fc set and ideally has some quick cast too.

idk about other jobs, but for cor fc ambu back, hq adhemar body, enchanter ear, carmine hq x2 and max leyline are required for fc close to cap. probably not everyone bothered with these things since they can be costy or time consuming.
By kalimairo 2018-12-24 12:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

It is but requires Reprisal to be kept up full time, which is possible if the PLD is getting march's and has a little bit of fastcast in their midcast.
iv had a bard give me 2 haste songs like 2 months ago i was able to nearley spam Reprisal even before my reprisal effects wear's off cant remamber what i was wearing i no longer play right now. i did use ninurta sash tho.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-12-24 13:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Dear shouts,

Has Anyone tried Pianissimo mazurka on the kiter to increase the chance of outrunning tripple when they kite?

Even kiting with 18% legs, the Qutrubs would sometimes cut corners and cut me off resulting in a Triple Reversal. Stopped trying to kite due to the randomness of the path. That, and kiting is super shitty and boring.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-24 13:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tank this on a wall with red mage tossing out slows and paralyze, and Bard using elegy on adds as needed, and one summoner mew. Slowing down adds = easier to keep tank alive. Have found that works out better than The kiting method or geomancer support method. Red mage is very good for this month.
By kalimairo 2018-12-24 13:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My tanks were all PLD, as I said very good gear (not BiS but very good). No clue what they were doing, I'm ignorant on PLD sorry.
Probably spacing out their DT cooldowns insteads of using them all together? Maybe /WAR for Defender? No clue D:

Sing for me sechs
this is how i feel when you buffed me the old delve days!
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-12-24 14:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Tank this on a wall with red mage tossing out slows and paralyze, and Bard using elegy on adds as needed, and one summoner mew. Slowing down adds = easier to keep tank alive. Have found that works out better than The kiting method or geomancer support method. Red mage is very good for this month.

Agreed. Our VD setup was PLD SMN RDM BRD NIN THF and it took a few runs to work out the kinks but it was easier than kiting. The SMN can help cure the PLD, and aside from the RDM silencing, I don't even think the adds were, or needed debuffing.

If groups are struggling, I've found the double PLD/SMN method seemed to work well separating the adds on D. As long as the DDs are decent, you don't even really need a NIN.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-24 14:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not need a ninja but the difference between an aeonic ninja that is superb and just "a ninja" is noticable. Same with monks. Any DD works, ninja is a bit more fool but then it's kinda not. It all comes down to timing your utsusemi after tp moves. a non ninja can do this just as good as a ninja, then benefit to ninja is that you'll not need to cast as often, increasing your DPS. So ninja is ideal if you can find a good one. If not, any superb dps works in place of am average ninja.

Ninja is easier for me though as it allows me access to provoke in the event I lose hate or the other DD gets hit with that 5-hit move that stuns. We can trade hate and save the endeath from taking effect
By Afania 2018-12-24 14:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not need a ninja but the difference between an aeonic ninja that is superb and just "a ninja" is noticable. Same with monks. Any DD works, ninja is a bit more fool but then it's kinda not. It all comes down to timing your utsusemi after tp moves. a non ninja can do this just as good as a ninja, then benefit to ninja is that you'll not need to cast as often, increasing your DPS. So ninja is ideal if you can find a good one. If not, any superb dps works in place of am average ninja.

Ninja is easier for me though as it allows me access to provoke in the event I lose hate or the other DD gets hit with that 5-hit move that stuns. We can trade hate and save the endeath from taking effect

other dd can do the same, war can voke, blu can stun, drk can stun too and pull hate away with it. even without native hate tool just tp can get hate away because everyone should be capped. whm can also sub nin and flash after the wipe shadow move to save life.

aeonic isnt particular amazing this month, since this month really heavily favor empyrean dd. I would take any empyrean DD with capped fc set that can voke stun and cast shadows properly over generic aeonic nin that does half dps of empyren 2h.

as far as "recast shadow lowers dps" thing, my war/nin friend with ukon generally do 15k to 20k dps by the end of parse, without a geo. Ive seen as high as 28k dps with MS. most of the aeonic nin seems to be below 15k dps without geo. so even with shadows recast time, not seeing generic aeonic nin winning empyreans.

Because this month = the faster you kill the less likely to wipe with oh ***moment. and from what Ive seen I think 1-2 empyrean dd or mnk is necesary to accomplish 5 min VD runs , which gives pt 100% win rate regardless of method.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-24 14:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You repeated everything I just said with more words
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-24 14:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

because there are entirely way too many "nin only, other dd gtfo" pt that I think we need a "any dd works" sticky on top of this forum so other people get to play their jobs that they put their time into it.

and no, I didn repeat what you said in terms of content.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-24 14:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is stopping those WHM/nin DD setups from taking shape. Probably does better than most PUG anyways.
By Afania 2018-12-24 14:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is stopping those WHM/nin DD setups from taking shape. Probably does better than most PUG anyways.

PUG heavily favors NIN rdm geo smn, and they prefer any generic nin that does 7k dps over passionate empyrean DD player with capped fc set because NINJA!!!!. this is all wrong, lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-24 14:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Every dog has his day in Ambuscade. It's "NIN" month. You're more than able to just shout and form your own setup your own style and win just as easily. PUG gonna pug, can't cure stupid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-12-24 14:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

PUG heavily favors NIN rdm geo smn, and they prefer any generic nin that does 7k dps over passionate empyrean DD player with capped fc set because NINJA!!!!. this is all wrong, lol.

Considering I can't even remember the last time NIN has been able to shine in any content, I'm fine with it being cheered for ONE month of Ambuscade. COR gets lots of love already, nobody's gonna take a subpar NIN over your career COR/NIN so just relax.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-24 14:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Every dog has his day in Ambuscade. It's "NIN" month. You're more than able to just shout and form your own setup your own style and win just as easily. PUG gonna pug, can't cure stupid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BLM got completely phased out. No month is acceptable for blms with triple hp anymore. (*maybe gigas still, if any that would be the only one)

I have no idea how gigas was/is done without blms but when they have triple health next time, they'll almost certainly not be blm'd
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-24 14:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Considering I can't even remember the last time NIN has been able to shine in any content, I'm fine with it being cheered for ONE month of Ambuscade. COR gets lots of love already, nobody's gonna take a subpar NIN over your career COR/NIN so just relax.

Awfully convenient time to complain about NIN. Last time I saw a shout for Ninja in Ambuscade was during 1st iteration of Mamools, in a last ditch attempt to survive Mijin Gakure. That was a year ago. Can't recall any time NIN was favored so much. I'm getting tells left and just for hitting 11k dps while sipping on the modelo dodging hits. EVERY.DOG.HAS.HIS.DAY.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13