PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)
PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-08 18:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Arrchie said: »
Odin.Kuroganashi said: »
btw just finished checking the version and its identical to what i did + you added utility files onto it.

However, still doesn't fix the issue of not having the ability to Cycle through sets like a normal GS usually does

F9 for TP set
F10 PDT
F11 MDT

then adding CTRL / ALT

However, this still only has "Pet" sets and not "Master" sets on top of not being able to Cycle through it easily.

Keybinds I made earlier was for testing only, but I would like to make it the common_binds for GS + some custom ones for Cycling the pet modes.

Let me know when u wanna discuss how to best implement this.

Yep, put together what I had real quick and combined the two then uploaded them and had me some dinner. I've been studying the way that mote's implemented the cycling. It's quite interesting. If you have a way to do that, then just let me know. Otherwise, I'll mimic something to that effect. I do my best to not reinvent the wheel when I can avoid too. :D

I can help you do that, I do know several ways to do it, however, it be best if we Co-OP (Like using Discord or something where we can edit code in real time)

I believe the key here is to work with others rather than alone (I am pretty sure we all have RL to take care of, I Can do alot of the coding but my time is also limited [RL Job + Game + GS Editing + University + RL Responsabilities] I always pressed on time, so best way for me is to Discord / #Slack )

Let me know what you guys think, I added Xilkk already on Discord, once he adds me back we can start sharing ideas and coding.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-08 18:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
sets.idle.pet.engaged doesn't appear to equip when I'm in dd / Normal mode/style

it takes an action to re-equip sets

Noticed that I Put my pet to Attack mob > Switch "mode" to (Tank PDT) It works, when I switch to any other "Mode" it doesn't do anything until pet either PErforms an action or WS ! then it works.

Same with all other sets.......... (Hence why I said its for testing purposes only) (Not really the best way to code, but fast and convenient to make sure code is going through and working as it should.)
By Arrchie 2018-12-08 18:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.idle.pet.engaged doesn't appear to equip when I'm in dd / Normal mode/style

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I know Faloun had it in many places where he would assign the gear into aftercast then let it call that set instead of the set itself. I've started switching that around to call the set itself for the right occasion. Creates a lil bit of a lag when left to equipping just about everything in aftercast. Most other gearswaps I've seen don't do that.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-08 20:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I know Faloun had it in many places where he would assign the gear into aftercast then let it call that set instead of the set itself. I've started switching that around to call the set itself for the right occasion. Creates a lil bit of a lag when left to equipping just about everything in aftercast. Most other gearswaps I've seen don't do that.

me and Xilkk been chatting about this and we agree we should work together with you to fix all this and make it perfect :)

Let us know how to contact you.
By Arrchie 2018-12-08 21:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »

me and Xilkk been chatting about this and we agree we should work together with you to fix all this and make it perfect :)

Let us know how to contact you.

Sounds good. I am available pretty much all day tomorrow and can get a lot knocked out. I attempted to add you on discord, but it said it couldn’t find you. I sent you a pm with discord info earlier. If that doesn’t work we can get slack set up.
By Arrchie 2018-12-09 13:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

After some thought and consideration, I have decided to include Mote-Libs for now. Most serious gearswapers probably have this library already and its just a simple step to drop in the folder for a lot of added benefit.

The functionality it offers is very flexible and brings a lot to the table. I have pushed out a new version on GitHub with Cycle and Toggle functionality to begin testing with.

With this beginning to work as intended for cycles the gearsets section could use a good cleaning and better naming convention as Xilkk has brought up.

Will update as more rollouts!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-09 22:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh this is pretty nice!

I'm testing it now. I'm tyring to figure how much I like the Auto-manuever function. I think its pretty cool. just wondering if i can find myself in a situation where I don't want it. haven't found one yet.

Often w/ mote's libs you can hit f12 and it refreshes your current gear set.

However I'm noticing I don't get back to my sets.idle.pet.engaged set.
which is my pet only tp set, which is alot of stp.

showswaps says its an aftercast equip and wants warder's charm +1 herc legs/feet, handler's earring and moonbow belt.

looks like the sets.engaged.DT or sets.engaged.DT.Acc set .. or sets.defense.MDT

I'm not sure why its pulling these sets for aftercast instead of sets.idl.pet.engaged0

I like the f7/f8 toggles for pet modes. its alot smoother and more and more intuitive imo.

hmm I think when I had over 1k tp on auto when deploying, it went to my pet tp set, but if not too hard, might be cool if it detected tp and chose ws set upon engage instead. not critical, but a nice touch.
By Arrchie 2018-12-10 09:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh this is pretty nice!

I'm testing it now. I'm tyring to figure how much I like the Auto-manuever function. I think its pretty cool. just wondering if i can find myself in a situation where I don't want it. haven't found one yet.

Often w/ mote's libs you can hit f12 and it refreshes your current gear set.

However I'm noticing I don't get back to my sets.idle.pet.engaged set.
which is my pet only tp set, which is alot of stp.

showswaps says its an aftercast equip and wants warder's charm +1 herc legs/feet, handler's earring and moonbow belt.

looks like the sets.engaged.DT or sets.engaged.DT.Acc set .. or sets.defense.MDT

I'm not sure why its pulling these sets for aftercast instead of sets.idl.pet.engaged0

I like the f7/f8 toggles for pet modes. its alot smoother and more and more intuitive imo.

hmm I think when I had over 1k tp on auto when deploying, it went to my pet tp set, but if not too hard, might be cool if it detected tp and chose ws set upon engage instead. not critical, but a nice touch.

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, I am working through getting the logic in place for properly swapping gearsets. Some work and some don't. I've been removing places where they were being assigned to the set.aftercast instead of being called directly.

Also, if you are in Tank Mode for pet and Idle, but your puppet is engaged it will attempt to default to the DT set as well. My plan for this is if your style is DD and mode is Tank then it will default to an engaged set.

Glad you like auto-maneuver function. One item I've noticed for this is if you attempt to do some kind of action (ws, repair, cast a spell, etc...) it can prevent the auto-maneuver from triggering. I have a few ideas for this, but for now, it is useful in keeping the maneuvers up. Will just have to keep an eye on it from time to time when doing actions that might be used at the time a maneuver is wearing off.

Let me know if you notice anything else.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-10 09:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a nice function in my lua (though i didn't write it) for keeping warp ring equipped if player equips it. I wasn't able to use warp ring until I disabled the gearswap the other night. first I thought it was the automanuever function, but it doesn't appear so.
I think the auto-maneuver function also helps alot reducing macros. I almost don't need manuever macros when they are maintained so well.

I think losing an auto-maneuver here or there for other job abilities is not a serious problem even if it never gets resolved. I would much rather miss a maneuver than miss repair or role reversal or ventriloquy etc.

After clearing up set swapping logic, the next thing I would prioritize is pet only mode vs master and pet mode, which is basically just allowing or preventing main/sub slot swaps.

Things like Denouements for mage tank idle, but tinhapsa for nuking, and Ohtas for pet tp, but Ormazd for WS would be a nice feature.

I can actually fill in all the other stuff without too much trouble.

If the automaton predict function works well enough, one wouldn't even need the pet mode /style toggles, but I think having them both is a good idea. You never know when you might need to force different sets.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-10 11:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Excited about this :D
By Arrchie 2018-12-11 20:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

New version pushed with a ton of new changes and bug fixes. Ready to test again. Still working on some of the gearsets to swap correctly and further testing, but it becomes more and more solid.
By Arrchie 2018-12-11 21:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For those interested in helping test and further develop, a discord has been set up temporarily for the development and testing of this. Feel free to join us Inivte Link
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-22 19:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry i didn't reply sooner.
benn doing alot NOT on pup

It still has trouble reverting to right set after cast.

thats the only problem I've noticed so far.

I think the issue is that I didn't understand your different groups: MO, N, O

I'll try again.
By Arrchie 2019-01-03 13:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who have been checking here for updates and haven't joined us on discord yet. A newer version is out!

You can see a full list of the features on at PUP Gearswap.

Some notable features so far:
-In game text window with helpful stats for puppet, modes active, etc...
-Auto Maneuver - helps by keeping current maneuvers active
-Ability to cycle hybrid gear while idle and pet is engaged.
-Auto equipping of Pet Weaponskill gear when Pet is above 1000TP (while you are not engaged)
-Auto-equip Pet Weaponskill when you are engaged after you Weaponskill
-Auto equipping of Enmity gear when strobe or flashbulb is ready and auto swapping back once those skills are on cooldown
-Auto prediction for setting OffenseMode and HyrbidMode for convenience depending on pet set up (this is also being further expanded, but works quite well so far)

Lots more too!
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2019-01-03 14:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

you are my hero \o/ gonna test this asap
By Arrchie 2019-01-04 11:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the main post with more information. We are currently testing some minor bug fixes and few changes in the way gear swaps for the Pet Weaponskill.

Always looking for more testers!
By Griblit 2019-01-05 20:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is awesome! Is anyone else getting a nil value for "Pet" on line 431(ish) when the sets.idle.Pet.Engaged sets start? Everything else seems to work for me.
By Pezant 2019-01-06 00:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Griblit said: »
This is awesome! Is anyone else getting a nil value for "Pet" on line 431(ish) when the sets.idle.Pet.Engaged sets start? Everything else seems to work for me.
This was fixed in the newest version.
By Arrchie 2019-01-06 17:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

New version has been made live! Be sure to check it out!
By Griblit 2019-01-06 18:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! The file no longer has any errors, however none of my idle sets are working. Even when I try to manually equip them, it says "The Set Does Not Exist".

i.e. //gs equip sets.idle.PetDT or //gs equip sets.idle.Pet.Engaged

Nobody else having this issue?

edit: The Automaton WS gear works great though!
By Arrchie 2019-01-06 21:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not ever tried to equip them that way. Since the gearswap is set up to do this automatically. I have put a lot of automation in place.
By Arrchie 2019-01-06 21:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to test out gear though

for Idle that will just happen or you hit F12 or type //gs c update to force it to update to currently selected set.

If you want sets.idle.PetDT equipped in an emergency then Alt+D or //gs c toggle LockPetDT.

For sets.idle.Pet.Engaged these will be equipped when you as the player is Idle and your pet is engaged. Once engaged you have even more options by toggling your Hybrid Mode which currently encompasses ("Normal", "Acc", "TP", "DT", "Regen").

If you engage then this will either activate sets.engaged.Master or sets.engaged.MasterPet depending on your currently selected Offense Mode. Which yet again this can be further customized by the HybridMode settings.

I have started to cover most of this in the Readme on GitHub, but there is a lot to cover as this is extremely flexible and you further change the behavior of how the gearswaps functions by also changing the PetMode and PetStyle.

For example, if you want your pet to still swap weaponskill gear while you are in PetMode Tank, then simply set the PetStyle to either DD or SPAM this will allow the Tank Pet to then still swap in weaponskill gear. But if you are in a risky fight and don't want the Tank Pet switching simply keep the Pet Style anything but the DD or SPAM and the pet won't change gear for weaponskills.

Hope this helps some!
By Griblit 2019-01-07 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to test out gear though

for Idle that will just happen or you hit F12 or type //gs c update to force it to update to currently selected set.

If you want sets.idle.PetDT equipped in an emergency then Alt+D or //gs c toggle LockPetDT.

For sets.idle.Pet.Engaged these will be equipped when you as the player is Idle and your pet is engaged. Once engaged you have even more options by toggling your Hybrid Mode which currently encompasses ("Normal", "Acc", "TP", "DT", "Regen").

If you engage then this will either activate sets.engaged.Master or sets.engaged.MasterPet depending on your currently selected Offense Mode. Which yet again this can be further customized by the HybridMode settings.

I have started to cover most of this in the Readme on GitHub, but there is a lot to cover as this is extremely flexible and you further change the behavior of how the gearswaps functions by also changing the PetMode and PetStyle.

For example, if you want your pet to still swap weaponskill gear while you are in PetMode Tank, then simply set the PetStyle to either DD or SPAM this will allow the Tank Pet to then still swap in weaponskill gear. But if you are in a risky fight and don't want the Tank Pet switching simply keep the Pet Style anything but the DD or SPAM and the pet won't change gear for weaponskills.

Hope this helps some!

Thanks. I don't think I've actually tried to change the Hybrid mode while it is engaged. I'll give this a shot. I definitely tried changing the IdleMode with F12 which switched from MasterDT to PetDT. I could change the PetStyle and Master Hybrid Mode just fine.

Hopefully attempting to change the Hybrid Mode while the Pet is Engaged will fix my issue.

Update: That didn't seem to work. It still doesn't recognize any my idle pet engaged sets. :(
 Asura.Bikpik
Server: Asura
user: Bikpik1
By Asura.Bikpik 2019-01-08 13:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone mind posting their lua with their gear sets in it please? I'm trying to figure out to put what where.
 Shiva.Funf
Server: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2019-01-28 08:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

when pet is above 1000 TP it will only use the generic WS set and not the pieces in the modifier set for the specific WS its using. This is when only the pet is engaged. I havent attempted to see if it uses the correct set while both engaged. Any idea why this would be? am i missing a file or something? i downloaded all the includes
By Arrchie 2019-01-28 13:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Funf said: »
when pet is above 1000 TP it will only use the generic WS set and not the pieces in the modifier set for the specific WS its using. This is when only the pet is engaged. I havent attempted to see if it uses the correct set while both engaged. Any idea why this would be? am i missing a file or something? i downloaded all the includes

For those who check here from time to time. We did find a small bug where the Pet Modifier Weapon Skill gear wouldn't stay equipped after the player uses a weapon skill. This has been fixed and is now live on the GitHub page from the first post.

Also when the puppet is fighting solo it is hard to tell what weapon skill the puppet may use, so, we just use the basic weapon skill set for the puppet. All the maneuver's do is influence the behavior of the puppet and sadly does not guarantee which one it may use.

We also added a nice little feature for new players to the gearswap. If you do
Quote:
//gs c hide keybinds
-- This will now display the default keybinds on the UI Window for changing the various States/Cycles/Modes.
[+]
By likard 2019-01-30 11:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize for hijacking this for a request...but you're auto-maneuver via the HUD is absolutely fantastic. How hard would it be to make the same type of toggle-able hud for rune fencer runes. I have seen lua codes to maintain the same set, but the hud function is rather nice and preferable for me.
By Arrchie 2019-02-01 14:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
I apologize for hijacking this for a request...but you're auto-maneuver via the HUD is absolutely fantastic. How hard would it be to make the same type of toggle-able hud for rune fencer runes. I have seen lua codes to maintain the same set, but the hud function is rather nice and preferable for me.

This would be very possible and should not be very difficult. I have helped others port the HUB to be used on other jobs for seeing current states and options active. I also use it on a few other jobs as well.

It can be intimidating at first with how much is pulled in for puppetmaster.
 Phoenix.Latravant
Server: Phoenix
user: Latravant
By Phoenix.Latravant 2019-02-27 14:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hi, i love this as a new pup, you have alot of stuff i was trying to add into the lua i was using before i found this, and i'm loving it, but i'm having a problem all of a sudden, it was working find the first 2 days but now when i engage, the offense set switches back to master even though i have it set to masterpet.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-02-27 14:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple things I noticed while playing with it

When using Valoredge head and body it seems to always want to default to TANK even after I've set it to DD spec it'll switch back most often after a weaponskill, even defaulting to Master only doesn't fix this issue. This is also without having any actual tanking attachments on.

Is there a way to turn off mode prediction? I was looking through the commands and I see Alt+F6 but it seemed more like it was forcing an update to the prediction so I assume it's not meant to turn it on/off.

Without kiting mode on it seems to often forget to equip my hermes sandals, even though it's in my idle sets, not too hard to work around but definitely annoying if I forget to set it in town.