Resolution Sets That Are Not Herculean Based

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » resolution sets that are not herculean based
resolution sets that are not herculean based
By daviant 2018-11-21 15:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

anything on this? I'm not really a fan of all the augmenting are there any other options out there that you guys find work equal to herculean?
By Boshi 2018-11-21 16:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you even look at the sets at all?

adhemar / lust head
adhemar / lust bod
adhemar hands
meg+2 legs
lust feet
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2018-11-21 16:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1920 x 1080
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-11-21 16:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 363176

Adhemar +1: Path B
Herc feet: I have STR+15 WSD+4.. that was during WSD bug, i'll probably do lustratio instead of trying to re-augment. Think Path A lustratio probably win if ACC isn't a big deal.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-21 17:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The augments on Ru'Ann abjuration gear (covers Adhemar and Lustratio) take about 3 eschalixir+2's to cap, no randomness and under 1 mil. And Adhemar+1 head/hands are probably going to be your best outside of dark matter herculean.

The only piece of herculean gear I use in my Reso set are my feet and body- feet because I can carry more multiple uses for more jobs than lustratio do (and have STR+8,acc+22,atk+17,TA+3), and body because I got a very solid accuracy augment on it that I just love, and therefore don't feel as much desire for an Adhemar+1 body (aug on the body: AGI+2,acc+31,atk+24,TA+4). And considering other alternatives for those two slots are lustratio(feet) and adhemar(body), you can even avoid random augs in those slots quite easily AND respectably.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-11-21 17:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a huge fan of Adhemar body in Reso set, since -8 enmity.

If you're just pure DPS'in tho, and not hybrid, then ignore what I just said. ^-^
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-21 17:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Not a huge fan of Adhemar body in Reso set, since -8 enmity.

If you're just pure DPS'in tho, and not hybrid, then ignore what I just said. ^-^

Good lord I never looked at it that way even though its so blatantly obvious! Thanks!
 Asura.Smoky
Server: Asura
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-11-24 12:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
ItemSet 363176

Adhemar +1: Path B
Herc feet: I have STR+15 WSD+4.. that was during WSD bug, i'll probably do lustratio instead of trying to re-augment. Think Path A lustratio probably win if ACC isn't a big deal.

My Reso set is exactly the same, need to finish WotG for earring though.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-11-24 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I know you said a set without Herculean. Hands/Feet can be really good without maximizing triple attack.You could just dump pellucid/taupes into them for good results.

My hands/feet are around 5~10 STR Acc/Atk+20ish and TA+2-3.
The base stats let you have some wiggle room since the armor already has acc/ta on it.

I went with Lustratio Head/Body +1 and SR pants.

Her Body/Head are a gil/stone sink.

STR path adhemar hands+1 do look really nice though. Especially with them having store tpm
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-24 14:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

STR path adhemar hands+1 do look really nice though. Especially with them having store tpm

With as cheap as they are these days, get a couple pair of the +1 hands. I have a path C for my ranged jobs and a path B for melee WSs and couldn't be happier.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [285 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-09-05 12:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

With such high attack on Relic+3 are there cases where it could be useful in WS? I feel like these sets are when you're capped from buffers and just trying to get multi-hits in.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-09-05 15:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
With such high attack on Relic+3 are there cases where it could be useful in WS? I feel like these sets are when you're capped from buffers and just trying to get multi-hits in.

Yes, the commonly stated sets do assume capped atk/acc. I think you're probably right to consider non-capped situations causing some significant changes to these WS sets.

Existing suggestions for head/body, and to a lesser extent legs, already do have pretty solid atk. But typical Reso hand/feet recommendations have a pretty significant atk deficiency versus Futhark+3. To break it down slot by slot:

Head: Adhemar +1 (B path) has the same atk as Futhark+3 (Atk-6, but STR+8 equates to atk+6 and evens it out). Adhemar gets STR+8 for WS modifier and TA+4, Futhark +3 gives that up in exchange for over 30 more acc... so Futhark may be a good call if you are in a situation where you're really struggling for accuracy.

Body: Adhemar +1 (B path) is pretty much a sidegrade to Futhark+3 in Atk/Acc, but has more STR and TA. Can't see Futhark winning here (the more significant argument for this slot is a properly augmented Herc Vest versus Adehmar+1 when buffed and not so concerned about atk/acc).

Hands: Adhemar +1 and Futhark +3 have similar acc, so it's down to STR+6/TA+4 for Adhemar versus about Atk+55 (adjusting for STR difference) for Futhark+3. That's quite a lot of Atk, so probably does actually favor Futhark if you're significantly under atk cap.

Legs: Meghanada+2 legs have 10 more acc, 20 less atk, and TA+5 over Futhark +3. That could be close if you're undercapped atk, but capped on acc. Although if you're also struggling for acc as you might be with weak buffs, would very likely favor Meg+2.

Feet: Herc Boots obviously differ wildly based on augments, but you'd ideally want all of STR/Atk/Acc/TA in decent amounts. So, yeah, I could see Futhark+3 winning through their combination of solid STR and high Acc/Atk if you aren't capped on Atk/Acc.

So, I could really see Futhark +3 hands and feet being worthwhile to consider for RUN Reso when significantly uncapped attack. Futhark head if you're acc-starved. Futhark legs would be far less likely to be worth it (would need a really niche scenario), and Futhark body is a no.

Kinda surprised me, I hadn't thought about it too hard but 3/5 Relic+3 pieces as decent contenders if lacking buffs or fighting especially high def/eva mobs is better than I would have expected from just running with rule-of-thumb assumptions.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-06 02:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
(Atk-6, but STR+8 equates to atk+6 and evens it out)

1 STR is not 0.75 attack for a long time now. It's 1str = 1 att for every type of weapon.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]
By Lexic 2019-12-30 13:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
Quote:
1920 x 1080
This made me chuckle