Synergy in modern times

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-13 19:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

synergy is the only time I'm happy I leveled clothcraft these days- for the healing of the synergy pot ability.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2018-09-13 21:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am usually able to complete my Synergy crafts without any explosions. What I do is feed fewell until Impurity reaches 30%, then "Operate Safety Lever" to get it back down to 0. As long as you keep impurity at less than 30% you can prevent explosions entirely.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-09-13 22:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If something explodes while aiming for a success (ie: not skilling up) then it's a fail as far as I'm concerned. :/

For anything with actual HQ results possible, explosions drastically reduce the chance at HQ results as well.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-09-13 23:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Liteholt said: »
I am usually able to complete my Synergy crafts without any explosions. What I do is feed fewell until Impurity reaches 30%, then "Operate Safety Lever" to get it back down to 0. As long as you keep impurity at less than 30% you can prevent explosions entirely.
That's what I do as well, leaks piss me off though.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2018-09-14 07:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »

Oh for sure. I hate 'em too, but I've gotten the hang of how to deal with them, if you're quick about it.

The only ones that really drive me up the wall are the obi/belt/gorget synths where you need to have a balance of light and dark, which means you have to over-feed one kind and then HOPE it balances out and you can end quickly.
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2018-09-14 08:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you try the obis/gorget ones solo? I'm about to attempt with a group of people and we don't have many with synergy maxed out. Any additional guidance would be greatly appreciated!
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2018-09-14 08:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just plan out your fewell so you can use leaks to your advantage. Use leaks to boost the opposite element by 1 each leak. Use leaks to end a synth right when it leaks down to your target. Leaks are your friend.

Unless they are light/dark leaks. F those guys.

Fairy.Trig said: »
Do you try the obis/gorget ones solo? I'm about to attempt with a group of people and we don't have many with synergy maxed out. Any additional guidance would be greatly appreciated!
I have never needed anybody to help me with any synth. I do everything solo. The only thing I find helpful with a 2nd person crafting is having them control impurities.
[+]
 Shiva.Lirmont
Server: Shiva
user: Lirmont
By Shiva.Lirmont 2018-09-14 08:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say this is the best way to do the obi synergy, but you can pre-craft Light and Dark fewell for people helping (regardless of their synergy skill as long as they've unlocked it). Have one person spam the operation that heals the furnace. Have one person spam the operation that reduces pressure. If you have another person, have that person spam the operation that reduces impurity (otherwise, you do this after several feeds). Balance out light and dark feeds first. If both aren't within acceptable range at this point, tell whoever you're doing it for to end the synergy and start over. Then just do the other feeds. If you have a leak, tell people to slow down when you get close to target, since each action procs the leak.

If you're solo and you get leaks, all actions you take to correct it after the fact will probably just get you farther away from success than closer. At least, that was my long, embarrassing experience. The two obi synergies after that went well.
By Nyarlko 2018-09-14 10:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only one true secret to success with synergy.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-09-14 11:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I only started Synergy really, was stuck at 27 for ages then got sick of waiting until an LS mate would be able to do the Fotia Gorget synth so I ended up levelling Synergy, took it up a bit, made the Fisherman's Cuffs for enhanced thwack and then second Synergy recipe I made was the Fotia Gorget at 55 which I completed first time so it wasn't too difficult, this was where I stopped levelling, probably going to wait until Artisan's Advantage is up to finish off.

The third one I attempted and where my bitching about leaks comes from was the Alchemist's Smock.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-09-14 12:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
I remember synergy having a choice every 10 lvls for what upgrade you want.

And now that I want to lvl synergy to solo fotia crap, is there any one upgrade path I should be focusing on to make that easier?
It's every 5 levels and so far I've done 5/5 fewell feeding and safety lever

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-09-14 12:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember synergy having a choice every 10 lvls for what upgrade you want.

And now that I want to lvl synergy to solo fotia crap, is there any one upgrade path I should be focusing on to make that easier?
It's every 5 levels and so far I've done 5/5 fewell feeding and safety lever
alright. and you can solo the fotia recipes without any trouble with those?
I did Gorget at 55 with no problem, it does have light and dark but both are low at 20 so it shouldn't be hard, someone did the belt for me a while back but it's a similar recipe to gorget so should be of equal difficulty.

EDIT: To note, 55 is the level where your fewell feeds will reach the 5% impurity per feed ratio so that's why I attempted it then.