New REMA Augments (Full List)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New REMA Augments (Full List)
New REMA Augments (Full List)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
By fillerbunny9 2018-09-14 14:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Asura.Topace said: »
If there wasn't a cap on JP per week I'd actually be excited. But as usual people are so use to being fed ***by SE, that when they get actual ***they roll over and accept it.

Some of the augs are just straight up horse ***and it would be nice if SE actually played their game to see what approach they should take instead of giving us ***month after month. I won't say the game is getting worse, but it definitely isn't getting better.

The neck augments are nice tho.

If there wasnt a cap people would just bot the jp one, i agree with some people that cap/week should be higher though, or the limit be slightly lower.As for augs themselves, yeah everyones been over that, though looking through what we got, i think we can agree that the path C's shouldnt be locked to main only, as atleast for 1 handers seem entirely utility based.

Also speaking of augs anyone bothered wasting money on pld/drg/mnk yet?

because people AREN'T going to bot the JP one?
[+]
By Nariont 2018-09-14 14:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura problems but its people botting to the 700 cap vs people botting to the 10k then doing it over for the next one
By Pilipinoboi 2018-09-14 15:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, no matter what SE gives back to the player base, there will always be complainers.

The complaint stems from doing some form of work and breaking out of the "easy mode" many of us has been accustomed to. This is your own doing letting the game play itself running luas etc to do the grind for you. I am not disassociating myself from this since I have taken advantage of things that made arduous tasks more tolerable as well.

Truthfully speaking, the point of RMEA is to show ones dedication to a job class. People weren't meant to have multiple weapons for a single character and the 3.5 - 4 month grind to achieve the 10k job points is alot easier than what initial RMEA's took the player base. Yes grabbing the crystals will take time to actually augment them, but again, the goal was for no one on day one to have the full RMEA augments done.

Myself for example took 9 full years to complete Apocalypse from the 75 era thru many ffxi breaks and it wasn't expedited until the dynamis updates that allowed me multiple entry to solo for currency.

People complained when mythics came out that it was impossible to complete due to 30k alexandrites, people complained when Empyreans came out that some paths were harder than others (looking at you Chloris) or the 1500 HMP from 90 - 95, people complained that getting relics from 95 - 99 was impossible due to ADL fights... But everyone got over it and done all of them anyway.

I don't see the difference from then til now, people will eventually en masse complete these tasks only to revert themselves to AFK'ing, player hating, and e-peen flexing.

SE succeeded, they locked you in a minimum 3.5 - 4 months more of subscription and multiply that minimum to the amount of RMEA'S you want to augment for yourself, you're now locked in a few more years to them. Excluding your glorified mules.

This was the true point of the update because if they gave everyone what they wanted, they should have shut all servers down and retire XI entirely since everyone has done "everything" a long time ago.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 15:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
SE succeeded, they locked you in a minimum 3.5 - 4 months more of subscription and multiply that minimum to the amount of RMEA'S you want to augment for yourself, you're now locked in a few more years to them. Excluding your glorified mules.

This is fact, except, COR is the only one it worked on. You aren't going to see many(*) Wars upgrading dat Ukon. Or Drks rushing to shiny up dat Apoc. Or a single mage class doing it at all. (Frod being the outlier, because he's just ridiculously over-bored)

Blanket copy/paste upgrades don't work. Giving Leaden wsd+ could not be more different than giving Omniscience wsd+
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-14 15:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG actually benefited in similar amounts. Their neck and all weapons are worth upgrading, and they actually have more RMEA. The only thing that's not clear on whether it's worth anything is the dynamis crossbow and bolt because we don't know the augments.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-14 15:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja also won. Neck and all weapons are good (except for Nagi but that weapon is trash anyways.) There are many jobs that will benefit heavily from these augments. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that every job should benefit the same amount from a particular patch. Power creep comes and goes on different jobs, that's how it's always been.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-14 15:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Pilipinoboi said: »

This is fact, except, COR is the only one it worked on. You aren't going to see many(*) Wars upgrading dat Ukon. Or Drks rushing to shiny up dat Apoc. Or a single mage class doing it at all. (Frod being the outlier, because he's just ridiculously over-bored)

Blanket copy/paste upgrades don't work. Giving Leaden wsd+ could not be more different than giving Omniscience wsd+

War would be upgrading for upheaval + and crit dmg +. DRK would be upgrading for torcleaver +.

There are more jobs getting power creep than cor.

Why wouldn't mage want regen+.

The main reason why Rostam is so OP is because 48 Dt in every set and follow up attack anyways. Besides that the increase is not that much greater than lets say, torc + on calad outside of dyna.
By Nariont 2018-09-14 15:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The jobs with already good ws, got good upgrades, dont think anyone contested that? You list nagi as the exception there and thats the thing people are unhappy about in regards to remas, nothing changed due to blamket augs, whats goid is better what was bad, is now slightly less bad

Also dont think 1 person has said necks were bad, underwhelming for some jobs sure but thats a given, necks were probably what they largely got right
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-14 15:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The jobs with already good ws, got good upgrades, dont think anyone contested that? You list nagi as the exception there and thats the thing people are unhappy about in regards to remas, nothing changed due to blamket augs, whats goid is better what was bad, is now slightly less bad

Also dont think 1 person has said necks were bad, underwhelming for some jobs sure but thats a given, necks were probably what they largely got right

This isn't strictly true. The power difference between Fomalhaut and Annihilator narrowed. Same with Kikoku and other weapons (it's now clearly a must-have if you want to max your Ninja.) The power creep was something like Relic -> Empyrean -> Mythic -> Aeonic.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 15:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Ninja also won. Neck and all weapons are good (except for Nagi but that weapon is trash anyways.) There are many jobs that will benefit heavily from these augments. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that every job should benefit the same amount from a particular patch. Power creep comes and goes on different jobs, that's how it's always been.

If the jobs who needed buffs got better necks and those who didn't need it didn't get good necks, I'd be all with you. At the time of Omen BLU was king and didn't get on most Omen gear and that brought them down to the rest and it worked well. But a lot of the top DD also got pretty solid necks, and not all the weak DD got stellar necks, so that isn't really what happened.

NIN also would have done a lot better if su5 worked in offhand.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-09-14 16:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My only beef with this update is that they put no effort in the augments. Copy pasta besides relic. Other then that its chill...

Oh... those su5s could have worked on the off hand.. just saying
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 16:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole idea of things not working in the offhand should've never been a thing in the first place.

None of it is more gamebreaking than Utu grip is. Who really gives a ***if relics proc double damage in the offhand. and give 60 attack.

Some of them would actually be worth using.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-09-14 17:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

remember when relic stats (at least the att/acc) worked offhand? Pepperidge farm remembers.

And then they took it back again during an era when people were offhanding magian weapons for 11str/22att or 11 dex/22 acc because apparently just 40 acc or 40 att was too much
[+]
By Nariont 2018-09-14 17:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

This isn't strictly true. The power difference between Fomalhaut and Annihilator narrowed. Same with Kikoku and other weapons (it's now clearly a must-have if you want to max your Ninja.) The power creep was something like Relic -> Empyrean -> Mythic -> Aeonic.

Not strictly no, but in both your examples both ws were already respectable, now theyre better, using nagi again people wanted a reason to use that after however many yrs its been since base nagi, they got acc/macc instead. Was the update bad for them? Nah they probably got kikou. Dissappointing? Obviously.

People simply had their hopes too high, as is the norm when se does "big" updates, that doesnt mean SE gets a pass for being completely lazy when it comes to weapon augs
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-14 18:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rostam will need a nerf if SU5 works offhand. As it stands, there are less incentive to DW2 of them atm, which is more balanced since dw rostam=more DT.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 18:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DW rostam will need a nerf because it would be able to lead parse on the wave 3 boss? So far I haven't had a Cor winning the overall dynamis parse, so I am not worried about it potentially getting stronger.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-14 18:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

that blade:kamu buff tho...
By Nariont 2018-09-14 18:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if its right to say pth A/B might be "OP" to off-hand, theres no real reason path C should be locked in my opinion and would give these weapons some real utility value, well, except for THF maybe sorry THFs
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 18:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Rostam needs a nerf regardless where it works. It's leaps and bounds above the rest. It's the only one you can actually use. (aside from macro pieces)

Why didn't ranger get an SU5 Axe? I don't get how they got a dagger and not a gun. mindblowing.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-14 18:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Rostam will need a nerf if SU5 works offhand. As it stands, there are less incentive to DW2 of them atm, which is more balanced since dw rostam=more DT.
Been doing dyna cor/nin dw rostam and while cor use to be paper thin and first to die when ***hit the fan, I’ve been damn near the last one standing.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-14 19:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
DW rostam will need a nerf because it would be able to lead parse on the wave 3 boss? So far I haven't had a Cor winning the overall dynamis parse, so I am not worried about it potentially getting stronger.

Are you using malaise? Leaden avg 40 to 45k on scoreboard with malaise on wave 3 boss in melee pt, other physical ws doesn't avg quite as high after 20 min of hitting it. That allows cor to lead the parse on wave 3 boss, even in a group that has enough fire power to clear all fetters and wave 3 boss with 30+ min left.

And that's without any FA rostam. With Rostam, the gap will be further when BOTH hands gets FA +50% AND mdmg. Nor they never need to swap to dt set ever.

Try it and you'd see how ridiculously OP it is. If dyna wave 3 isn't main endgame for next year I wouldn't care.

If you are talking about overall parse in entire run, other jobs are normally stronger during fetter phase. But since stay alive is no.1 factor of winning parse in wave 3, Dw Rostam which gives near capped dt is still op because whoever dies less=parse top here.

Just to demonstrate how much impact surviability and leaden can make in dyna, last wave 3 fetter phase parse was war 16% >thf 16% > COR 16% all within 1% ally dps, it was random deaths that happened made the gap so small. And dw Rostam will make staying alive on cor stay even easier.

and wave 3 boss was cor > war and Sam by a good 2%+ ally dps, despite some DD didn't die here they still couldn't beat leaden. There were over 30 min left after everything is dead. And before you play the "oh your dds must suck" card, I wouldn't say can be the case if there are 30+ min left after a full clear.

I main the job, there is absolutely no reason for me to pop on the forum ask for Rostam nerf unless I genuinely feel the job is op in relevant endgame content if rosetam works offhand. We will see blu and SMN level of bandwagon if Rostam works offhand.
By Afania 2018-09-14 19:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Rostam needs a nerf regardless where it works. It's leaps and bounds above the rest. It's the only one you can actually use. (aside from macro pieces)

Why didn't ranger get an SU5 Axe? I don't get how they got a dagger and not a gun. mindblowing.

To clairify:

If Rostam doesn't work offhand, a blurred +1 offhand May still tp faster, while sacrificing dt and acc for it. So that's somewhat balanced because you choose between faster tp(blurred) or more dt(rostam). It's similar to the situations that 2h DDs face: use rema or FA SU5. But you don't get the best of everything.

If Rostam works offhand, then no other offhand weapon can compete. It's bis offhand by miles and you get DOUBLE the dt.

Hence I personally feel it shouldn't work offhand ever. A FA 50% dagger with mdmg that works main hand only is already a very very good improvement.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 19:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys one person would be OP so that change is unacceptable and the other 4+ jobs that could use the change have to *** suffer for it. -Afania, 2018
By Afania 2018-09-14 19:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys one person would be OP so that change is unacceptable and the other 4+ jobs that could use the change have to *** suffer for it. -Afania, 2018

You missed my post on last page saying Rostam needs a nerf if su5 works offhand then. And multiple post of mine said it's better to change thf augments than a su5 buff for everybody.

I simply asked for more reasonable solution from game design pov. Because way too many people here just ask for "more power creep more" and don't give a damn about balance.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 19:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed my post on last page saying Rostam needs a nerf if su5 works offhand then. And multiple post of mine said it's better to change thf augments than a su5 buff for everyone.

Have you read the DNC thread lately? Dagger and board is apparently a competitive and viable option. Let's put this into context: The job whose premier NPC is jumping around with dual daggers is in such a bad situation with offhand options that using a level 71 shield is one of their top options.

If that doesn't scream about how broken the state of dual wield options are I am not sure what does. And DNC is actually in a better state as their mythic is competitive for them.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-14 19:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't trust those numbers too much. the FUA is poorly implemented
By Afania 2018-09-14 20:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed my post on last page saying Rostam needs a nerf if su5 works offhand then. And multiple post of mine said it's better to change thf augments than a su5 buff for everyone.

Have you read the DNC thread lately? Dagger and board is apparently a competitive and viable option. Let's put this into context: The job whose premier NPC is jumping around with dual daggers is in such a bad situation with offhand options that using a level 71 shield is one of their top options.

If that doesn't scream about how broken the state of dual wield options are I am not sure what does. And DNC is actually in a better state as their mythic is competitive for them.

It's interesting that you picked dnc single wield build(and I'm not convinced this build is optimal either) to argue that dw is horrible while blu rocking tizona/raetic hq build(was already possible bis before update) just got fairly solid increase because high mythic dmg boost.

The issue that you stated about thf is case by case basis, it doesn't apply to every dw job.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 20:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
i wouldn't trust those numbers too much. the FUA is poorly implemented

That may be fair, but I believe it was mythic/airy, not su5/airy that was parsing competitive.

Afania is arguing that a Corsair that has top of the line gear, augments, rema guns and multiple su5 would be broken. And I think going through all that effort to lead parse on a handful of fights more power to them. In most situation Corsair does not have access to the macc and malaise to Leaden, and multiple su5 means they're using evisceration or last stand, which are weaker ws that likely won't be destroying on the parse.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-14 20:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That may be fair, but I believe it was mythic/airy, not su5/airy that was parsing competitive.
took me 30 seconds to look at the tab under data and find that it's already wrong. they added fencer stats to the weapon instead of just fixing it in the tab there. I would not be surprised if other things were also incorrect.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 20:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

***, if more than half the things on spreadsheets these days are right, I'd be shocked.

They're always dramatically higher than anything you get in reality
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12