Ambuscade Vol.1 - September
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-12 10:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing about common knowledge(common sense too) is that it really isn't common anymore.

At this point in human history, they have become a misnomer.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-09-12 11:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN method is still really slow due to AOE petrify or stun. AC is mainly luck based on whether stun or petrify go off. VD takes a good 20+ mins to kill if just using BPs without conduit.

We seem to see a lot of draw-in with Feyja still up. Manageable but annoying.

Pretty sure this is another ranged month if you want to clear quickly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-09-12 11:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't stacking the resisters, but even w/ Overdrive up, my automaton got petrified 2 or 3 times during overdrive killing main nm.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-09-12 14:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For any tanks that use the React addon, here's the lua if anyone was interested to avoid AoEs. The only other thing to watch out for is hate reset from Skathi's Divine Retribution (forgot the name).
Code
return {
    ["Bozzetto Skathi"]={
        ["Blight Dance"]={
            ["complete_reaction"]="", 
            ["ready_reaction"]="turnaround"
        }
    }, 
    ["Bozzetto Freyja"]={
        ["Petrifying Dance"]={
        }
    }, 
    ["Bozzetto Frigg"]={
        ["Raqs Baladi Dance"]={
        }
    }
}
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-13 02:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
The only other thing to watch out for is hate reset from Skathi's Divine Retribution (forgot the name).

This is what's currently messing with my attempts. That and the draw-in on the PUP...
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-13 03:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I was Wearing Resister 1, Resister 2, 2x Optic Fiber, got around ~30 Pet MEVA in gear and even with 3x Water Maneuvers (or 1 Light 2 Water, or 1 water 2 light) I never resisted AoE Petrify move even once.

Maybe with Overdrive I dunno, to the point where I wondered if I should bother with Resister at all.
Looking for more input on this.

Guy before me suggested use of Resister but in the few runs I did the other day I didn't get a single resist on VD, as noted above.

Is it safe to assume it's useless to equip Resisters and Water Maneuver? So once we know that we can focus on other attachments I guess.
By dustinfoley 2018-09-13 06:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive done several runs on VD as pup and stopped with resister/water maneuver/mana jammer. None of them helped.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-13 06:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I guess we got the Resister thing debunked, they're useless for this fight.

Mana Jammer though might help on some of those Lamia.
Is any of their TP moves considered magic damage?
If that's the case, it might help reducing damage with those.

If all of them are physical (can anybody please share their info about them?) then I guess Mana Jammers too become utterly useless, but that's good because it gives more space to equip DD-focused attachments.

Can't complain about faster kills, can we?
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-09-13 06:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Shiva.Hiep said: »
The only other thing to watch out for is hate reset from Skathi's Divine Retribution (forgot the name).

This is what's currently messing with my attempts. That and the draw-in on the PUP...

Was told that GEO bubbles trigger the draw-in.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2018-09-13 07:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a youtube video of VD being done with RUNx2 RNGx2 BRD WHM (skip to 1:16:05, is there a way to embed that?)
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-13 07:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're telling me my PUP is useless because my RUN is far better at either tank roles?

...good.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-09-13 07:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Found a youtube video of VD being done with RUNx2 RNGx2 BRD WHM (skip to 1:16:05, is there a way to embed that?)

It seems that ffxiah doesn't allow custom start times for embeded videos, so you can just share the link for others to click on.
By dustinfoley 2018-09-13 08:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup is far from useless, i had 0 issues tanking Frigg. Never lost hate once, and can almost solo it down by the time Freyja was dead.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-13 08:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Pup is far from useless, i had 0 issues tanking Frigg. Never lost hate once, and can almost solo it down by the time Freyja was dead.

I said MY pup, which probably needs some significant changes to it. I can hit but I doubt I get farther than 20-30% into Frigg's HP before COR can kill it. And in my group I'm actually gonna be a better COR and someone else can tank instead of locking me in as a PUP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-09-13 08:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We used [run cor cor rng brd whm] last night for D and did it in 10min but it wasnt perfect because we did strat where you take both adds to 5% then kill boss.The RUN super tanks in corner and we warn them before EES% so they arent midcast or something. Skathi likes to wander around even if no ones hitting her, it didnt seem to be mask related none of them got their mask(aura). We would take them to about half hp then shuffle the DDs around to diff mobs so people wouldnt rip hate and she would just randomly go after the whm or a cor who didnt even touch her.
The fight was simple other than that one thing.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-09-13 10:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What frame and attachment setups are other PUPs using this month?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-13 10:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I went fulltank initially, wearing tank gear on master. Found that too much so I moved to a hybrid (less tanky) gear on master and swapped a few attachments around on Valoredge to increase damage.

Found that too was too much and in the end I settled for Valor head Sharp body, same hybrid build used above on master (full pet DD gear during Overdrive). On the Automaton I was using a set of mostly DD attachments with a couple of defensive ones (PDT and MDT) and Strobe II for Voke.

Never really found myself in extreme danger, repair's regen and Light Maneuvers were more than enough to keep automaton up.
On the last Lamia it's more a matter of not getting petrified too often rather than surviving the damage, honestly.
Repair recast time sometimes isn't enough and I found resisters to be absolutely useless, as it was discussed before.

If anybody has suggestions to minimize the impact of Petrification from that move (Belly Dance?) any tip is warmly welcome.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-13 10:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said on the 3rd post, you don't need to go full tank. They are quite weak. (rangers) companions roll basically negates all the damage. The only issue is skathis throatstab + poison

There seems to be nothing you can do about the petrify. Automatons just have absolute garbage meva.

Maybe if you rock 5/5 taeon with meva, vex, and use resisters.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-09-13 11:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Not true, in attempts without a geo it would randomly draw in, distance isnt a factor that I am aware of, if it is it has to be something beyond 10 yalms that she can choose to use it.

Distance is not a factor. She uses draw in regardless of distance. And she will always do draw in followed by her poison/petrify move. The latter can be avoided by quickly spreading out and avoiding gaze. I _think_ it is just a move she can do as a follow up to any hate resets (terror for example). It is not guaranteed to happen though.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-09-13 13:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Could the draw-in be based on debuffs on Freyja? In the video, they specifically use frailty on the Skathi.
By Jinchuuriki3 2018-09-13 14:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure everyone knows this but for any returning or new players doing VE. Soloing the lamia once you kill the first 2, (I was on drk btw) simply let your trusts take care of the the last one to avoid charm,(belly dance) trust are unnafected by it, and as long as you keep your distance you will be too, I had amchu and shanto II self chain and she mb from it. I simply went as far away from her as I could without disangage and went make a sandwich lmao. They can take care of it np. It will take a few min but hey soloing charm, I am ok with that besides it’s the seal I was after not fast farming.

Seth (support keep mp/hp full)
Amchu (tank)
Shanto (ofensive caster)
Mil (WHM Mithra) I forgot her name : :
King of hearts (RDM)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-13 14:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as its a bad thing to advertise how easy it is to solo, yeah this one is really easy on VE. Like it really is "very" easy.

Impossible to lose kind of easy. as long as you kill the right order, and dont get charmed by frigg.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-09-13 19:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Gaze Check Addon will help a great deal..

...Now if I could just get in as a normal DD... I very much would love to have fun again lol

Do you happen to know the TP move packet numbers? The TP moves aren't in that gaze addon lua

Thanks
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 17:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

People; If you join without the primer, you are literally Hitler.

Don't be that guy.
By likard 2018-09-14 21:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I second that Eiryl. I would add that if are forming the pt and afk for 15 min after everyone joins you are also a git.
By Afania 2018-09-15 07:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

15 min isn't bad.....be patient =.=

I formed a pt and took a 30 min food/ammo break once, everyone else were fine and just do their own stuff.
By dustinfoley 2018-09-15 08:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, gonna side with likard people who join without ki then take 30-40 min to go get it or join then afk for 15-30 min...why, why waste peoples time.

Its nothing to do with patience, its to do with people thinking its okay to waste other peoples time. If i only have 1-2 hrs to play, wasting 15 on party forming and 30 more on getting key items... no thanks i can solo it on VE 8 times by then.
By Afania 2018-09-15 09:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If I only have 1hr to play, I'd play mobile game instead. 1hr isn't long enough to get a good VD pt going since wipe could happen too.
[+]